• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

cheapbooks #1 Posted Apr 17 2017 - 02:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29409 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS

here are some frontline map ideas:

- instead of putting the objectives in the north, you could put them in the middle column or middle row. so the defending team has to defend on 2 flanks, and the attacking team has to attack on 2 flanks. they either need to cap half to caps to access the objectives, or perhaps capping one sector opens one sector where the objectives are

- there  are currently 5 objectives. it would be nice to have variation such as 1 objective, or 10 objectives.

- you could do an utter siege mode where the defending team only has 1 zone to defend, in the middle, and the assaulting team can have them completely surrounded. the defending team has an advantage in that the middle position would be easier to defend (lots of hull down positions and choke points), and the assaulting team would have more difficulty in capping (put the caps in the open, or closer to the defending team)

- the capping team should actually take places that make sense, such as capping an oil field or airfield. if you cap an oil field, you are awarded a fuel consumable. If you cap a farm, you win a food consumable. if you cap a hospital, you win medical kit consumable. if you cap an ammo factory or munitions dump, you win some ammo. if you cap a mine, you win gold. etc. if you cap a warehouse, you win something like camo net, spall liner, etc or repair kit.

Colddawg #2 Posted Apr 17 2017 - 02:36

Major

• Players
  • 41642 battles
  • [RS] RS
Wrong forum for suggestions.  The people who will need to read them won't.

VonWeber #3 Posted Apr 17 2017 - 02:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8106 battles
:B I hate to defend the programmers, but constructing a workable (i.e. balanced) map is a huge amount of work (time is money).

Kamahl1234 #4 Posted Apr 17 2017 - 03:34

Major

• Players
  • 16818 battles
  • [TIP] TIP

My takes:

This would either require a redesign of the current objectives, or complete redesign of the map. The way they're set up is to be inpenetrable frontally while weaker to the sides and weak from behind. Being able to automatically surround the target means you could just snipe the objectives with abaddon and not have to worry at all. RIP defending team.

1 would just centralize the fighting, and 10 could just make it harder for the defenders to effectively protect the objectives.

This suggestion would be really hard to balance, as arty would crap on the defenders if hull-down, and in very predictable positions. How would the defenders respawn properly without causing issue to the map balance?

While this is novel, I feel that either RNG rewards from the mode, or even equipment/gold rewards wouldn't be good for the game, as either it's a worthless amount of gold, or you're drastically improving the individual players income for that battle. Really hard to properly balance this aspect, especially as things like ammo are already given via the repair stations. 

cheapbooks #5 Posted Apr 17 2017 - 03:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29409 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS
my suggestion is not for the same map, it is for a newly designed map. I am a computer programmer and have been since 1984. a good computer programmer NEVER SAYS NO IT CAN'T BE DONE. my suggestions are easy to implement and add variety to the game which should be considered.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users