VK4502(P) Asuf. A: The Tank No One Had

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
169 replies to this topic

the_moidart #1 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 19:07

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30486 battles
I'm sure you've all noticed the complete non-presence of this tank in the game.
The VK4502(P) Asuf. A has been avoided like the plague by gold spenders thus-far, and us mere mortals are still grinding our Tiger (P)'s.

From the stats, this tank seems to be dramatically inferior to the KT in terms of armor and gun.

My question is, has anyone fought this tank, or bought it? Is it any good? What are its strengths and weaknesses?

Edit: In light of the fact that this vehicle is no longer uncommon, I have changed the title to the past tense :)

Whiteout #2 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 19:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 7112 battles
  • [GNOLL] GNOLL
Havent even seen one yet but I am about to get it today. I will let ya know!

Demaskus #3 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 19:15

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 7390 battles
  • [ATAKA] ATAKA
I wish there was a page to see how many of what tank actually exist. Most would use it once trading comes around to try and find out how much their old M4A2E4 is worth, but things like this would be interesting to see. I doubt that nobody has a VK4502 Ausf A, but I'll be damned if it doesn't seem that way.

Zooty #4 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 19:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18125 battles
  • [AMG] AMG
I've seen one so far, but that's it.

teamSG1 #5 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 19:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2892 battles
Ive just started grinding exp towards the 4502 Ausf A, ive got a good month until i have it, at the least. (Im working on other tanks now that i finally have the Tiger (P) fully upgraded).

And no, i have yet to see one.

mightykirby #6 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 19:48

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 8682 battles
I own a VK4502(P) Asuf. A (fully upgrade) and i will say this from my personal experience with the tank, IT A TANK THAT REQUIRED SKILL. I don't get alot of comments on the tank i guess because it was overshadow by the tiger p and the E series. This tank is the fastest german heavy tank imo and its quiet funny chancing people by surprise just how fast this tank can be. This tank doesn't have many strength to it. It has its speed, turning, gun depression, and its random armor. The armor on this tank is random at times because i face an 704 with the bl-10 and he shot me frontal but i didn't take any dmg, no crew kill, and no modules dmg. This was at very close range too. The weakness of this tanks is it armor and gun. While the armor can save you at times, most of time it will give u a big FU. The gun i cant stress how much i hate it yet i love how it looks. The tier 8 105mm gun bounces...ALOT. If you don't aim properly with it, your going be wasting 1k ammo alot and just bouncing the shell off the enemy. The gun is like the 88mm/l56 that it does good dmg just bounces alot. Anyone who compare this tank to the tiger 2, the tiger 2 would be the better choice because it has better armor and guns (the tier 9 105mm gun). The tank does have less health than the tiger 2 even with the upgraded turret. Another problem is that since this tank only has two tier 8 guns, once you research the vk4502(p) Asuf. B, you have a choice in research the tier 9 105mm gun or the tier 10 128mm gun, which means you being using a tier 8 105mm gun alot. Before the update, if you had the tiger 2 tier 9 105mm gun, then its already unlock on the vk4502 (p) asuf. B. The tank doesn't catch on fire that often or lose it crew or modules that often as well. Overall, i enjoy the tank alot since i like its speed and i gotten use to the gun. But for alot of people coming from the tiger p, its going play a heck alot differently and its going require you to actually use skill and learn to aim properly. The tank is pretty much a support tank, its not meant to brawl in. I understand some people dont like the gun depression, but i find it nice compare to most tanks. Probably been playing to much of my kv lol that y i guess i find it nice.

Strength:
-speed
-turning
-armor(can save your butt at times when it feels like it)
-Easily to research everything

Weakness:
-the gun choices
-the tier 8 105mm gun bounces alot
-armor isn't as good most of the time
-Different play style for most people probably

the_moidart #7 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 19:59

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30486 battles
Thanks mightykirby, sounds sort of like a KV-1s or a medium tank in play style (at least the way I play mediums).

And besides, the gun can't be much worse then being stuck with the 105 on the T32, can it?

thetap #8 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 20:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 15209 battles
Good to see they made it somewhat unique compared to its peers. Curious to try it out eventually.

Edit: I suppose compared to Tier 8 mediums, it's still got better armour and a better gun (just like the KV-1S has at Tier 6).

mightykirby #9 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 20:04

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 8682 battles
And besides, the gun can't be much worse then being stuck with the 105 on the T32, can it?

The gun is bad. I used the 105mm gun before on the t32 (great tank and i like it, dont own one tho but in beta i did) and that gun you can at least pent tiger 2 frontal with much problem and ferdi. The tier 8 105mm gun that the vk4502(p) asuf. A gets has so much problems pent frontal armor on alot of tier 8+ tanks. It doesn't have much problems with all the americans heavy tanks frontal. The tier 8 88mm gun has more pent than the tier 8 105mm gun but deals less dmg. It has no problems against tier 8 meds unless the t-44 has the 122mm gun then you got be careful.

Bad_Brain #10 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 20:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 17222 battles
ive been using it for a few days now (not seen anyone else with one) and its quickly becoming my favourite tank, i couldnt stand the Tiger P (slow speed with armour that doesnt seem to work) theres nothing wrong with the gun, hell im used to using the KV-5 i NEVER bounce with this 105, the speed and mobility is amazing, im always moving to the weakest area of the team to help out, the armour isnt that bad, ive bounced more shots in this than on the tiger P since it doesnt have any gaping weak spots on the front.

to sum it up it would be a combination of the following.

speed of the Jpanzer.
mobility of the Jpanther.
gun of the Jpanther.
hull armour of the Lowe.
turret of the king tiger.
turret placement of the tiger P.

the equipment im using on mine is the rammer, GLD and vert stab.
rely on your skill, not the tank.

mightykirby #11 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 20:21

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 8682 battles
hull armour of the Lowe.

The turret is the same turret that is on the KT. And the hull is no where near the same as the lowe.

Bad_Brain #12 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 20:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 17222 battles

View Postmightykirby, on Aug 14 2011 - 20:21, said:

hull armour of the Lowe.

The turret is the same turret that is on the KT. And the hull is no where near the same as the lowe.

i know the turret is the same, hence why i said it, how is the hull no where near the lowe? same values for a start, only the ausf A is smaller, not sure what the exact angles are but it cant be that different.

Xenos21 #13 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 20:28

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postmightykirby, on Aug 14 2011 - 19:48, said:

Strength:
-gun depression

Are you sure about this? As long as I tryed it on test server it was same as on other germans - means bad. And some people said that its bad, you are first guys who tell that its good side of this tank.

Bad_Brain #14 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 20:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 17222 battles
yeah the gun depression sucks

mightykirby #15 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 20:32

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 8682 battles
i know the turret is the same, hence why i said it, how is the hull no where near the lowe? same values for a start, only the ausf A is smaller, not sure what the exact angles are but it cant be that different.

The hull is the same but the def on the two tanks are not. The frontal armor on the lowe is much harder to pent than the frontal armor on the ausf A.

Charlex #16 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 23:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
  • [TLGS] TLGS
I will repost this, since I was answering about the same tank in another thread:

I had the great pleasure of driving a VK4502A in tests 2 and 3, and I must say it's one of the most fun tanks to drive. Sure, it equips the "short" 105 from King Tiger (which is not really short) but it's BY FAR the most mobile heavy tank I have ever driven, bar none. It can also take a good beating.

And one more thing, the gun the VK4502A equips has more penetration, more accuracy, and faster ROF than the T32's.

Camels #17 Posted Aug 14 2011 - 23:46

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 27486 battles
I think this tank is a beast. You trade in survivability for mobility, but because of this u can go anywhere u want at a fast pace, even keeping up with the meds. In whole, this is one of the best "Support" heavies i've used, but as a frontliner, the King Tiger wins hands down. In a platoon, I can see this tank dishing out serious damage with some organized play because of the gun, which can penetrate most tanks with well aimed shots, and get 2 spots quickly. IN random pub matches, its still a good tank, but your relying on team mates to soak up damage. While u flank or support. Over all its one of my favorite tanks at T8, almost tied with my King Tiger.

The fun factor is also very high for this tank. U can really get into the fights unlike the slower tanks. etc the lowe

azren #18 Posted Aug 16 2011 - 03:23

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 19363 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
I'm so angry I don't have this tank because it sounds like exactly the kind of tank I need.

On the other hand I have not yet seen a single one of these things. Sorta bummed I want to see it in action and I don't have the credits to start grinding another line at the moment.

PhotoFinish #19 Posted Aug 16 2011 - 04:05

Sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 40385 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
Horrible tank. I dont know what the devs or the testers were thinking. If u havent played the t1 heavy then look no further. It has raised its ugly head this time as a german tank that is 3 tiers higher and is now t8. Bad armor, Huge target, Okish gun. This tank should have been left on the drawing board. Great speed for a heavy but u are a gigantic target that nothing will be missing.

Herr_Klug #20 Posted Aug 16 2011 - 04:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 43317 battles
Haven't seen one yet, but then again I have only seen one other Tiger P besides mine.

I'll try it out for myself once I get there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users