Impossible to reach Garage

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

dstud208 #21 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 14:07

Captain

• Players
  • 17742 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO
Well bro, I would fire an email to codeweavers, see if they have any suggestions, I'm not sure what's happening.

Ports@codeseavers.com

Just explain it to them like you did to us. Also let them know what we have tried. They'll probably get you to run a tracking script and send it to them so they can see exactly what's happening.

WaddleDee94 #22 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 01:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 5879 battles
  • [H2O] H2O

I also seem to be experiencing the same, if not similar, problem.

I just recently downloaded WoT on my Macbook (not entirely sure about specs, looks to be one of the 2012 model from I can ascertain) and the first time launching, the game seemingly got stuck loading the garage.

Even though the application wasn't frozen, I got tired of waiting and tried force quitting and restarting it, only to receive an error message stating that World of Tanks is already started (something that pops up every time I try launching WoT).

black_colt #23 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 02:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

View PostWaddleDee94, on Apr 21 2017 - 16:15, said:

I also seem to be experiencing the same, if not similar, problem.

I just recently downloaded WoT on my Macbook (not entirely sure about specs, looks to be one of the 2012 model from I can ascertain) and the first time launching, the game seemingly got stuck loading the garage.

Even though the application wasn't frozen, I got tired of waiting and tried force quitting and restarting it, only to receive an error message stating that World of Tanks is already started (something that pops up every time I try launching WoT).

​There is still a worldoftanks process running.  It happens sometimes - the WoT Mac Wrapper will not clean up any open processes when you force-quit the app.

Open [Activity Monitor] and look for any worldoftanks processes and force-quit them.

Or you can log-out and then log-back into OS X/macOS.

WaddleDee94 #24 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 03:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 5879 battles
  • [H2O] H2O

View Postblack_colt, on Apr 21 2017 - 17:37, said:

​There is still a worldoftanks process running.  It happens sometimes - the WoT Mac Wrapper will not clean up any open processes when you force-quit the app.

Open [Activity Monitor] and look for any worldoftanks processes and force-quit them.

Or you can log-out and then log-back into OS X/macOS.

Not sure, I checked the Task Manager but there's no World of Tanks-related processes going on in the background.

I tried logging out and logging back in but that didn't work either.

dstud208 #25 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 03:56

Captain

• Players
  • 17742 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO

View PostWaddleDee94, on Apr 21 2017 - 19:22, said:

Not sure, I checked the Task Manager but there's no World of Tanks-related processes going on in the background.

I tried logging out and logging back in but that didn't work either.

By task manager do you mean where you force quit programs? There won't be anything there, you need to open the program called "Activity Monitor", you can search for it in spotlight (the little magnifying glass in the top right), sort the processes by Name, find the WoT ones and close them using the "quit process" button in the top left. You can also use my Studly Utility if you want (link in my signature), go to the World of Tanks troubleshooting tab and click "Slap WoT in the Face" this will open the applications monitor for you.

if your getting a message that WoT is already running, then I can guarantee you there is a WoT process in that list you need to close.

alternatively restarting your computer would also do it.

Edited by dstud208, Apr 22 2017 - 07:49.

WaddleDee94 #26 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 14:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 5879 battles
  • [H2O] H2O

View Postdstud208, on Apr 21 2017 - 18:56, said:

By task manager do you mean where you force quit programs? There won't be anything there, you need to open the program called "Activity Monitor", you can search for it in spotlight (the little magnifying glass in the top right), sort the processes by Name, find the WoT ones and close them using the "quit process" button in the top left. You can also use my Studly Utility if you want (link in my signature), go to the World of Tanks troubleshooting tab and click "Slap WoT in the Face" this will open the applications monitor for you.

if your getting a message that WoT is already running, then I can guarantee you there is a WoT process in that list you need to close.

alternatively restarting your computer would also do it.

So here's what I did:

1.) Found the Activity Monitor and force quitted all World of Tanks related processes. However, reopening the World of Tanks app still caused that error message to show up and not allow me to play the game.

2.) Downloaded your Studly Utility app and tried Slapping WoT in the Face, brought me back to the Activity Monitor which showed no WoT processes (I quit them earlier), still had the error message pop up. I think I also tried resetting the Wrapper but the problem still persisted.

I won't go with restarting my computer entirely but I'll try to uninstall and reinstall the game if that helps.

WaddleDee94 #27 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 14:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 5879 battles
  • [H2O] H2O
Reinstalled the game, launcher seemed to work but once I tried launching the game and logging in, the game seems to be stuck loading. Basically, I'm back at square one.

black_colt #28 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 16:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3359 battles

View Postdstud208, on Apr 20 2017 - 14:15, said:

How long have you just let it sit there for? Trying to "update interface"? I've had to leave it and come back after 15 minutes before after a major update. I would try just leaving it and going to make a sandwich.

View PostFrizzlerNA, on Apr 21 2017 - 04:02, said:

Honestly I left one entire morning there, like 3 hours.

I wouldn't want to format the thing just to try the game, I guess that would be the limit lol.

Before deleting the game, redownloading the game [to ensure that the previous one was not damaged in someway] and reinstalling - check your [Energy] settings.

macOS is very aggressive on portables.  Deselect [Put hard drive to sleep when possible] and [Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when display is off].  

If you are not already doing so only play/update the game when you have the power supply plugged in.  Again macOS gets very aggressive in power conservation when you are at about 30% of your battery and the game can rip right through your battery if not plugged.

I now primarily play on an iMac [because it has a dedicated 4GB R9] but when I played on my late 2013 MacBook Pro the app - gfxCardStatus - helped me to ensure that the hardware was not switching back and forth to conserve power.  You can force the dedicated card to only be used by the hardware.  This is optional - but I had been using that app since about 2012 without issue.

You may want to also consider running Macs Fan Control and setup a [Based on GPU Diode] Control. This will preemptively start your fans to avoid any issues with GPU overheating versus waiting and possibly having the game crash right in the middle of a cracker match.  macOS is generally very good but I like to be safe.  Again this is optional - but I have also been using this app since about 2012 without issue and I also use it when running Boot Camp.

If you are still experiencing issues, log-out and then back into macOS, then use the Studly Utility to [Delete Completely] [Download Live Client] and then install the game [Client].  After installing - do not open - go back to the Studly Utility and [Disable Torrents].  Then open the game - it should start updating.

Hopefully you will get through the [Updating Garage] screen.

If not, then a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers might be your next recourse.  

Or consider running Boot Camp while this issue is sorted out for you.  I do on my iMac when the WoT Mac Wrapper is giving me issues so I do not lose my Premium time.  Not the best interface [MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit] but it works and still get to play.  The FPS is lower even over a wired Internet connection - not sure why and frankly do not care enough to invest the time to find out.

I know this is a lot of information but want to give you some options as what you are experiencing is not widely reported and want to get you up and running.

p.s.

if dstud208 says do not do any of the steps I have suggested - then do not do them.  He has more experience than I and his suggestions always over-ride anything I suggest.  Does not hurt my feelings nor does it bother me.

Also nice machine really do not understand what is going on.

Was originally going to get that machine as I am going to replace my late 2012 27-inch iMac but I am waiting to see what the specifications of the upcoming iMac will be - if it has Thunderbolt 3 then an iMac it is. Also watching closely the eGPU, ThunderBolt 3, and macOS discussions - seems like a great way to turn what is already a good gaming machine into a great one.

Edited by black_colt, Apr 22 2017 - 16:56.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users