[World of Tanks] Update 9.18 Announcement and Server Downtime

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

Rokken #281 Posted Apr 25 2017 - 09:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 3078 battles
  • [DING0] DING0
Welp i was gonna play this game again then i saw that arty got nerfed ridiculously and now this games a joke. 0/10 way to ruin my fun.....

stalkervision #282 Posted Apr 25 2017 - 14:14

Major

• Players
  • 49925 battles
I believe if every tank was required to only load He at half the pen and just do stun damage then players would get why many arty players dislike it. 

Prosqtor #283 Posted Apr 25 2017 - 14:52

Captain

• Players
  • 53319 battles
I just find it comical that many arty players complain about a nerf while many non-arty players complain about a BUFF.  Ha, you just can't make people happy.

ImaKillYou #284 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 00:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23846 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT

View PostProsqtor, on Apr 25 2017 - 06:52, said:

I just find it comical that many arty players complain about a nerf while many non-arty players complain about a BUFF.  Ha, you just can't make people happy.

Whiners will whine just to whine. Send em a check for $10 and they will whine that it's a check.

stalkervision #285 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 12:43

Major

• Players
  • 49925 battles
Arty haters complain because if arty does any damage to them whatsoever they cry like little girls. Arty players complain because the nerf includes a great reduction to view range and pen on ordinary HE shells.  I myself rarely if ever used armor piercing or heat in my spg's.

Tamizu #286 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 17:20

Private

• -Players-
  • 6844 battles
Alright i'll admit i'm not a hardcore player, but i do enjoy playing WoT once in a while, i like my LT especially and my heavy IS 7 line tanks. I LOVE my ELC, bulldog, and T49 at least used to. They make decent money and exp when i play them which is nice and take into account that i played them okay-ly? but now... damn i hate the updated ELC, LESS PEN and even worse dpm, bulldog was fine at tier 7 with the autoloader, and now 1.1k dpm at tier 8? 6 autoloader and not 10? T49 at least stays the same. I quit after this patch ty for your work but i don't see myself in the picture, oh and sorry for bad grammar hehe

WarKnight #287 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 05:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 35068 battles
  • [U_S_M] U_S_M
Ok so I've been gone from the game for lil over a month. I updated the last patch..did a defrag and virus/malware scan right after like I usually do..restarted PC..then when I tried to run World of Tanks latest version..I got an error message stating, " The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." Played this game for 5+ years..never had this come up before. Anyone know exactly why this happened and what I can do. I am thinking of re-installing but wonder if there is something else I can do without having to do that? Lil help, please. 

WarKnight #288 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 05:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 35068 battles
  • [U_S_M] U_S_M

View PostWarKnight, on Apr 26 2017 - 23:44, said:

Ok so I've been gone from the game for lil over a month. I updated the last patch..did a defrag and virus/malware scan right after like I usually do..restarted PC..then when I tried to run World of Tanks latest version..I got an error message stating, " The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." Played this game for 5+ years..never had this come up before. Anyone know exactly why this happened and what I can do. I am thinking of re-installing but wonder if there is something else I can do without having to do that? Lil help, please. 

" Rebels & radicals are only to be feared when you try to suppress them. You must demonstrate that you will use the best of what they offer."

DogGoneIt #289 Posted Apr 30 2017 - 01:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 53020 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
Best update since the introduction of Physics (8.0??) patch

CaptSmokey6 #290 Posted Apr 30 2017 - 06:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 1281 battles
  • [-STAG] -STAG
When you guys @ WoT nerf the SPG even further, that ruined the game, but when you guys @ WoT removed our ability to create and join platoons, that was the straw that broke the camel's back! Nerfing the SPG is one thing, but removing our ability to platoon up is just too much. You guys are going to lose a lot of players because of this ridiculous patch! Most of my friends only play SPG and now that we can't be a platoon with each other anymore, what's the point of playing this game? You guys at WoT just lost another player and you guys will lose thousands more! We will not play or spend any more money on this game anymore until you guys @ WoT allow us SPG players to create and join platoons again. Shame on you guys for ruining the game..... SHAME ON YOU!!!!! Well, looks like I gotta look for another game to play.....

DROPPEDALOT #291 Posted Apr 30 2017 - 11:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Shame. Lol

mechanicalhemiola #292 Posted May 01 2017 - 01:29

Private

• -Players-
  • 6829 battles

I was excited at first because I like fast-reload/low damage SPGs, but I fear these changes to artillery seem bad so far because:

• you nerfed the lower, fast-loading SPGs that already hardly did damage, and then just didnt add stun?
  • they're now even more vulnerable when caught alone
  • they seem to be pulling in less exp (damage, kills, etc) in general with similar game performances
  • Platoons.  Wow, are you serious?  Max 1 or 2 Artillery in a platoon didn't make far more sense?

I am willing to keep pushing at it, to see if it's just me..  But not when I can't platoon with them.......  Did you just cut off your arm to tweak your thumb?  I only play this game to support my friends, and I've liked arty the most to do so and so far, this has basically put the entire game on the shelf for me.  The rationale doesn't even make sense.  Of course you give your mates special consideration when you platoon with them, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR TANK IS.  Special consideration with an SPG, to me however, includes intentionally avoiding over-supporting them and draining their available kills/experience, so your logic is multi-flawed and honestly kind of disappointing, especially since it feels like you're just giving in to the worst element in the game: the people that refuse to consider that arty exists, and cry and send angry messages to strangers when they get reminded by a shell they could've easily avoided.  I get one shotted, too, kids, it's a game; try putting a little post-it note on the edge of your monitors that says "Despite your willful disregard, Artilley does in fact exist; keep moving."

I don't play lights as much, but I vicariously appreciate the changes so far, even if it amps my enemies.  The skewed tier matchmaking never made sense and added to why I didn't bother to work on any light lines.

Fix the arties, pls.

WIZD #293 Posted Jul 13 2017 - 15:14

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5277 battles
  • [ASP] ASP
I am from the future and I am here to tell you about the upcoming patch: On launch day things go horribly wrong for the NA servers. People can initially download the patch and play (sadly I was not one them) then the servers go down and no one can play, no one can download the patch! This continues through the night into the next morning. Some people's Premium accounts have now run out even though they were given the extra day of premium to compensate for the down time that was supposed to be 8 hours that free premium time is ticking away fast. The devs aren't commenting no one knows whats going on it's a TANKAGADDON!!!!! Meanwhile accross the pond it's life as usual. We bailed them out in WWII and now in our time of need we get nothing from them no sympathy no support not even a small protest to say we feel your pain. No YouTube videos to be had. In short fellow tankers run before the patch hits save yourselves and find a new game a better game. Don't say I didn't warn you. Gl and god speed.

Edited by WIZD, Jul 13 2017 - 15:15.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users