The T-32 needs a little love....

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Jarms48 #41 Posted May 08 2017 - 07:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 117 battles

Can we make the T-34 the tech tree tier VIII and turn the T-32 into the tier VIII premium? Then buff the T15E2 gun to 192mm of standard penetration, which would be the same as the Super Pershing. 

SuperTankDriver #42 Posted May 08 2017 - 16:39

Major

• Players
  • 20200 battles

View PostFr33kzilla, on May 08 2017 - 06:07, said:

Well ok, but who is this Hunnicut? Never heard of him. As far as Chieftain goes, I couldn't care less what he says. No offense. But he's part of WG, and I refuse to believe anything they say as fact anymore. They have no credibility with me anymore. And after reading said report that cheiftain found, the report only says "to 5" at 54 degrees at the vehicle front plate." It doesn't CLEARLY say the forward upper front plate. Is it likely? Yes probably it is. But this brings to question, why and where are all these other people getting a thicker armor amount for this same spot? But do I really care? No. IT doesn't change my opinion that the gun in this tank is insufficient at best, horrible at worst case. It's a "jack of all trades, master of none" type of gun.

And furthermore, considering that the US heavy tank line is the only one it has, whereas the other 2 big and original nations both have 2 heavy tank lines, the american line has less room to be mediocre.And in MY own experience, the t32 is one of the least seen heavy tanks at this level.

Your lack of knowledge about Hunnicut doesn't decrease his credibility. 

SpectreHD #43 Posted May 09 2017 - 15:56

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostFr33kzilla, on May 08 2017 - 14:07, said:

Well ok, but who is this Hunnicut? Never heard of him. As far as Chieftain goes, I couldn't care less what he says. No offense. But he's part of WG, and I refuse to believe anything they say as fact anymore. They have no credibility with me anymore. And after reading said report that cheiftain found, the report only says "to 5" at 54 degrees at the vehicle front plate." It doesn't CLEARLY say the forward upper front plate. Is it likely? Yes probably it is. But this brings to question, why and where are all these other people getting a thicker armor amount for this same spot? But do I really care? No. IT doesn't change my opinion that the gun in this tank is insufficient at best, horrible at worst case. It's a "jack of all trades, master of none" type of gun.

And furthermore, considering that the US heavy tank line is the only one it has, whereas the other 2 big and original nations both have 2 heavy tank lines, the american line has less room to be mediocre.And in MY own experience, the t32 is one of the least seen heavy tanks at this level.

The_Chieftain may work for WG but that does not discredit the kinds of information he has brought up. WG itself may have little credibility especially the ones deciding on game decisions but The_Chieftain is first and foremost a historian and US Army tanker. You can choose to ignore him but it will only give less credibility on yourself with the community.

That said, I do agree with your sentiments regarding the T32. It and other US vehicles (like the Tier 6 Shermans) have been horribly powercreeped. The T32 may have been fine when it was just Germany, Russia and US in this game. Now it is too sluggish to use its gun, nor it its gun capable of fitting in with its hull down gameplay style.

Manimal__ #44 Posted May 09 2017 - 18:21

Major

• Players
  • 36628 battles

View PostFr33kzilla, on Apr 17 2017 - 12:42, said:

Ever since the VK-100.00 came out, a LOT of people have been getting them and using them to great effect. They are beasts. Not perfect or unkillable, but definitely no slouch. Now here's the problem. I have the T-32, and it is WAY out classed by the VK-100 which is the same tier. The T-32's gun just does NOT have the punch to do much of anything against the beast. It's the same gun used in the T-29, which is Tier 7. After doing some research and digging, I compared ALL the heavy tanks guns. While the T5e1 isn't the lowest in every catagory, it doesn't stack up well against the other guns. You see, it's 105mm, which isn't derpy like the IS-3, so it doesn't have the large alpha damage like the IS-3. But then again, it also isn't like the british and french heavy tank guns, which both have more pen and faster rate of fire. The closest gun is the VK-45's, which has a tiny bit more pen and the same damage, but is more accurate. So as you can see, the T-32's gun doesn't excel at anything. It's an ok gun for Tier 7, but it just doesn't cut it for Tier 8.

Also, an indicator that the T-32 isn't as good as people claim it to be, is I looked up which tanks do the most damage, in the heavy category, the T-32 was 27th out of 30. That's pretty bad considering there's only 1 heavy line for americans. Here's some other rankings:

Damage done: 27th

Pen rate: 30th dead last

dps: 27th

Damage received: 13th

Damage ratio: 27th

Accuracy: 18th.

Survival rate:18th

Doesn't that say something? Oddly enough, if you include the mediums in Tier 8 with the heavies, The T-32 comes in at #84 out of 85 in pen rate. OUCH! And 66th out of 85 in damage done. I could go on, but COME ON! It's the ONLY heavy for the american line at T8. Both the german and russian, the only other nation to be original to the game both have 2 heavy lines. (at the beginning of the game, prior to 2011, there were only 3 nations in the game IIRC. American, Russian and German) So while people say the T-32 is fine, the numbers just don't agree with you. The statistics clearly show that the T-32 is in bad shape as a heavy goes.

What I'm proposing is giving the T-32 the T5e1M2 gun as the new top gun. It has a little more pen, about 20 more pen, and does a bit more damage. It won't pen quit as much as the brit and french guns, but close, and it wont do as much alpha as the russian or german guns, but it will be better than it is now. Make the current top gun, the T5e1, the starter gun. There's NO reason the same top gun is used in 2 tiers of heavy tank. That's just plainly not smart and it gimps the american line badly, quite obviously. I know some may speak up and scream, "but it has great turret armor on the front!"......ya so does the Vk-100, and the IS-3 and IS-6 armor might as well be as thick considering it is sooo bouncy! A Lot of tanks have good turret armor, AND they also have better hull armor. It's actually rare to be able to go hull down and when you do, if you move you lose the hull down protection, thus negating it's benefit. So don't use that as an excuse.

There's just NO excuse to NOT give the T-32 an upgrade. The T5e1M2 is not as good as the T53A1 used in the T-34, so the T-34 will remain relevant. BTW, the 120mm T-34, does more damage more pen and is more accurate.

3 Marks of excellence on my t32. 56.6% WR 1258 games in, 2123 win8.

Fr33kzilla #45 Posted May 11 2017 - 00:18

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15296 battles

View Postmanimal79, on May 09 2017 - 18:21, said:

3 Marks of excellence on my t32. 56.6% WR 1258 games in, 2123 win8.

Carried much?

Fr33kzilla #46 Posted May 11 2017 - 00:53

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15296 battles

View PostSpectreHD, on May 09 2017 - 15:56, said:

The_Chieftain may work for WG but that does not discredit the kinds of information he has brought up. WG itself may have little credibility especially the ones deciding on game decisions but The_Chieftain is first and foremost a historian and US Army tanker. You can choose to ignore him but it will only give less credibility on yourself with the community.

That said, I do agree with your sentiments regarding the T32. It and other US vehicles (like the Tier 6 Shermans) have been horribly powercreeped. The T32 may have been fine when it was just Germany, Russia and US in this game. Now it is too sluggish to use its gun, nor it its gun capable of fitting in with its hull down gameplay style.

Still. I DO NOT TRUST ANYONE WORKING FOR GAME COMPANIES. PERIOD. While he may be a historian and such and such, that is of little consequence because he is not part of "the powers that be". He can scream til he's blue in the face and it makes no difference to what happens. I have yet to see him or ANYONE speaking to the power creep that has happened to the entire american line, most especially the upper tiers where a lot of american tanks now just are weak. I mean, when a T32 pulls up, NO ONE falls back to make sure they are in cover. The same can't be said of a KV-2. That tank is 2 tiers lower and t8 heavies STILL give it a bit of respect because of the damage it can do. But if a T32 pulls up, he gets charged because it's basically a free kill. You and I both know it. And to be honest, I believe it is being done DELIBERATELY by WG. Where is his voice on this matter? Oddly silent for someone so passionate about tanks.

This game has to decide whether it's a simulator or a video game. It can't be both. Not when all the tanks come from different time periods but have to compete against each other. While I applaud the desire to have authenticity, it is virtually impossible to do so and achieve any remote kind of viability or balance to the game. Too many people use the crutch of "it's not historically accurate" to deflect criticism of one or another tank's performance. And let me tell you, I've played online games long enough to know that the online gaming community deserves the bad reputation it has for being cheaters, not really wanting a genuine competition, unwilling to give up an imbalance in their favor. They are generally the absolute worst "sportsman" of any kind not to mention elitist. Case in point, just look at Manimal79's post. "Oh I got 3 marks of excellence and blah blah blah". Good for him, perhaps you got very lucky or you were heavily carried. I reckon a lot of both.

And before you say or ask, Yes I AM in a foul mood right now. Just had a match where a Object 252u and a T34 and T-150 just charged their way down heavy tank alley and the poor KV-85 that was with me, and I could do nothing to stop them. Neither one of us could do anything more than him getting 1 shot by the object 252u and me tracking them as much as possible, and then getting NO backup.

And yes, I do regret ever going down the entire American heavy tank line. Its' been a complete waste of time. Thank WG for making American tanks crap. But, I'm not surprised. Just don't expect me to spend any more money with you guys, cause I won't be. If you guys can't be honest enough and fair enough to have things balanced in game, then you are not worth spending money of to get a special tank to compete. I don't P2W.

Fr33kzilla #47 Posted May 16 2017 - 02:44

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15296 battles

Come on WG. Do something! And honestly, it's not just the T32 anymore. You are making the premium vehicles so ridiculously OP it's ruining the game. Seriously, a T6 M4 variant with as much armor as a T7 heavy? Errr huh? Did you really think that one through before hand? Honestly? It's like all the older existing tanks you get just by leveling are junk now. Like, if you don't buy your way into the game, then don't bother even trying.

But come on WG. Fix the T32's gun. It NEEDS an upgrade. And I mean it NEEDS it.

Manimal__ #48 Posted May 18 2017 - 16:47

Major

• Players
  • 36628 battles

View PostFr33kzilla, on May 10 2017 - 15:18, said:

Carried much?

View PostFr33kzilla, on May 10 2017 - 15:53, said:

Case in point, just look at Manimal79's post. "Oh I got 3 marks of excellence and blah blah blah". Good for him, perhaps you got very lucky or you were heavily carried. I reckon a lot of both.

You can't get 3 marks of excellence if you're being carried by other players, and you're not going to play better than 95% of other T32 players to get the 3 marks if you're not doing anything, Just a thought. :)

Deputy276 #49 Posted May 19 2017 - 16:59

Major

• Players
  • 17258 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
Well OP...WG good luck with your crusade. Fact is, all these people that rave about marks of excellence and having no problems with the T32, are also using ONLY Prem ammo in it. Now they will deny that and claim "get gud", but they won't say that while hooked up to a BS meter. Because it would bury the needle. WG has more than a few tanks that mainly use Prem ammo. Another is the SU122-44. Most guys load up on Prem in that thing and blast away to great effect. What you have with the T32, is another tank where you play 3-4 games at mid-tiers and/or with Prem tanks, to finance using Prem ammo in the T32. That is fairly common with non-Prem tanks at tier 8+. Don't hold your breath waiting for WG to "show some love" for the T32. They love it just the way it is. Or as they would say "working as intended". :)

Edited by Deputy276, May 19 2017 - 17:00.

UnDeadDemon956 #50 Posted May 19 2017 - 23:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29345 battles
The pen on the t32 is good enough, it's competitive because it has a strong turret and people spam gold rounds in clan wars. The only buff it could use right now is a dispersion buff because for the low alpha dmg/caliber of the gun it should atleast be a bit more accurate. 

Fr33kzilla #51 Posted May 25 2017 - 02:05

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15296 battles

Hmm, how do we delete a post, I goofed on quoting.

Edited by Fr33kzilla, May 25 2017 - 02:14.

Fr33kzilla #52 Posted May 25 2017 - 02:13

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15296 battles

View PostUnDeadDemon956, on May 19 2017 - 23:43, said:

The pen on the t32 is good enough, it's competitive because it has a strong turret and people spam gold rounds in clan wars. The only buff it could use right now is a dispersion buff because for the low alpha dmg/caliber of the gun it should atleast be a bit more accurate. 

I disagree. If you had read one of my earlier posts, I give rankings on where the gun sits at it's level. A strong turret means jack squat when you can easily fire at the hull. And don't tell me to go hull down, because you CAN'T 90% of the time, especially with arty around.

Block Quote

Also, an indicator that the T-32 isn't as good as people claim it to be, is I looked up which tanks do the most damage, in the heavy category, the T-32 was 27th out of 30. That's pretty bad considering there's only 1 heavy line for americans. Here's some other rankings:

Damage done: 27th

Pen rate: 30th dead last

DPS: 27th

Damage received: 13th

Damage ratio: 27th

Accuracy: 18th.

Survival rate:18th

Doesn't that say something? Oddly enough, if you include the mediums in Tier 8 with the heavies, The T-32 comes in at #84 out of 85 in pen rate. OUCH! And 66th out of 85 in damage done.

So what you and others "say" is absolutely MEANINGLESS and PURE BS. Numbers don't lie. Facts are facts. Sure, if you ONLY fire premium ammo, it gets better. But that's the point, it SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. It is CLEAR that the performance of the T32 is sub par concerning it's gun. When there is only 1 tank WORSE in pen rate out of all the heavy AND medium tanks at that tier, then there is a problem. So for all you trolls claiming the tank is fine, come up with some cold hard facts to support your comments and stop relying on your "seat of your pants" quality assessments.

Edited by Fr33kzilla, May 25 2017 - 02:19.

_Gungrave_ #53 Posted May 25 2017 - 11:07

Major

• Players
  • 36639 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN
I've played all the tier 8 heavies and only ones need addressing in my opinion is the Caernarvon which has been powercreeped and also give an armor buff to the MG weakpoint on the KV4's top turret as that thing is absolutely horrendous to play in the current meta.

Fr33kzilla #54 Posted Jul 08 2017 - 09:50

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15296 battles
Still not giving up that the T32 will get fixed. As it is, haven't played it in a month now, because well, it sucks. WG knows this, ut doesn't care, just as long as their precious German and Russian tanks aren't sub-par, they are happy. They don't mind [edited]ting on American players and American tanks.

misterwit #55 Posted Jul 09 2017 - 20:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12816 battles
  • [NOKAP] NOKAP

View PostFr33kzilla, on Apr 17 2017 - 22:07, said:

The M3 Lee is looking at you. I can understand that from a perspective, but not so much when its the only choice in the tank line. If there was another heavy line, then ok, there is a choice.

All in all though, I'm NOT asking for an armor upgrade, just a slight gun upgrade to improve it a little to counter balance the improvements to other heavy lines. Most notably the VK100. I'm also not asking for the much better gun from the T34, which is STILL better than the T5e1M2 I'm asking for them to include. The improvement may be minor, but it's enough to bring the gun and tank into a better parity with other tanks of the same tier. It may still lack a little in some catagories, but it will be close enough that if you play smart and well, that difference can be over come. But at least, it will be a bit more balanced than it is.

M3 is awesome, idk what you're talking about.

Look there's always going to be a "worst" tank. Even if you buff the T32 another tank will take its place.

8bit_Gamer #56 Posted Jul 09 2017 - 22:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13955 battles

View PostDa_Craw, on Apr 17 2017 - 21:13, said:

It is 8th of 30 in games played of tier 8 heavies.  The T-32 has maybe been power creeped a bit, but it is still pretty competitive.  It isn't the T-29, by any means, but it isn't the M103, either.  That thing needs the love, not the T-32. 

Probably due to the fact that the T110E5 was very competitive for some time. You have to grind through the T32 for it. You have to play more game  in it due to it's poor performance.

If you can't take apart a T32 with most if not all T8 heavy tanks, and some mediums, that's on you. The only exception is if they are hull down. But even then it is difficult for them to pen you if you have any armor to speak of.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users