Arty too accurate in 9.18

arty SPG 9.18 arty buffs arty too accurate SPG too accurate accuracy buffs WTF Wargaming?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

TheDropOut #21 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 04:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 17183 battles
  • [WAR_H] WAR_H
I do like how we are one day out from the patch and it has already started. How many times will they need to nerf arty before you stop complains. If was not hard to use hard cover and not sit right out in the open. Well now you can hide behind a rock and still get splashed :p Or you know you can just have a light tank rush them and never get one hit from the arty and now they cannot run in a platoon so no one else will help them. World of Heavy Tanks on the way keep the nerfs coming to all the other classes. 

The1Retribution #22 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 06:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20546 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO

View PostBavor, on Apr 17 2017 - 18:57, said:

I played some more battles on the test server today.  On Sandbox, I complained that arty was too accurate, had to low of an aim time, and too large of a splash.  

Its the same way on the test server.  Arty was buffed too much and its completely annoying. 

These were my results on the test server today playing the T92 and Obj 261

T92

5 shots fired 5 hits

3 shots fired 3 hits

3 shots fired 3 hits

4 shots fired 4 hits

Obj 261

5 shots fired 5 hits

6 shots fired 5 hits (the last shot was at a moving Obj 140 that was circling me at the end of the battle and I missed.)

A 96% hit rate in arty?  Yes that's not too accurate or broken at all.  What were you thinking Wargaming?  I guess you don't listen to Sandbox feedback when players say the SPG changes were a buff.

while you say that the effective damage for both those artillery was cut by more then 50%. would you rather them do the 1300 average damage with 40mm of pen with HE that the t92 has on sandbox or would you rather have the 2300 average damage with 80 pen on an he shell that it has now along with AP having 320mm of pen with an average roll of 1500 and hit half the time like it does now? pick one. because personally i would rather deal with arty having to hit my top tier tank 3x to kill it rather then once (and yes the t92 can one shot every tank in the game without ammo racking except 3. the e100, maus, type 5 heavy.)

The1Retribution #23 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 06:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20546 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO

View PostHowitzerBlitzer, on Apr 17 2017 - 18:58, said:

No one believes me when I say this is a buff, I'll be enjoying their tears tomorrow.

Anyone know if artillery earns normal EXP after this update?

exp will still be the same for arty. its only true downfall in my opinion. took forever to get the over 350k exp it took to get my t92. yes that exp is about right because with the tier 9 you have to spend an additional 60k exp just to re unlock the same gun you already unlocked at tier 8 just because it has a different designation. its the same size and damn near identical in its stats (yes the tier 9 is a little more accurate and reloads a little faster but that is the same case with every tank that shares a gun with a lower tier vehicle. the higher tier always reloads faster and is more accurate with the same gun).

Max83_ZA #24 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 13:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 23870 battles
Let me put it to you like this; if i get on 9.18 tonight, not having played the test or sandbox server, and arty feels like they have been buffed, I will pack my bags (money bags) and go waste it on some other game where the developers actually listen to the community.

Nonamanadus #25 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 14:36

Captain

• Players
  • 21813 battles
  • [HBG] HBG
The cancer has muted and become stronger, instead of a quick dignified death one dies from a thousand cuts....

ROMANSII #26 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 14:50

Private

• -Players-
  • 1070 battles
  • [-TWR-] -TWR-

View PostLumina, on Apr 18 2017 - 03:44, said:

As I said.  9.18 looks like Arty will be more annoying than ever.

Artillery went from being the guy that kills you with a sword through your heart when you're back is turned.  To the guy throwing a rock at the back of your shoulder hurting your ability to lift you sword, but repeatedly without killing you, until eventually something does break. 

9.18 arty I predicted will cause a new level of Arty rage of the likes we've never seen. As they will be more annoying then ever to none arty players.  

yes i agree that we will see a whole new level of arty haters now,

i am an arty player myself and my only complaints  so far is that it destroyed the low tiered arty as they will now pretty much less than 100 dmg per shot and that we cant platoon in arty anymore

Edited by ROMANSII, Apr 18 2017 - 14:53.

Sokolniki #27 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 15:29

Major

• Players
  • 14157 battles
I'm sorry everyone... I sincerely tried to shine a spotlight on the SPG Skill Floor issue during every stage of testing, but went unheeded.  SPG's are able to contribute too reliably with every shot without any mechanic introduced to raise the skill floor (If anything they lowered it).

Sugaree #28 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 16:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17488 battles
Arty is worse now. At least their aim and reload held them back before. And the stun feature doesn't even slow many tanks down. Take it back. I hate it. Many of us hate it. I'm speaking here as a non-arty player. As an arty player, the inability to platoon and ridiculous dmg nerf, as well as again the stun feature, this is worse. It's less fun to play arty. It's less fun to play against arty. I worked hard to learn arty, and have my full female crew in my m53/m55. All for naught if these changes are kept. Worthless changes. Insta-death is preferable to being in arty's crosshairs and staying there as they reload faster than I repair. At least in a warlike scenario, instant death is realistic. All the complainers should have been ignored before. This new patch for arty sucks. Sucks hard.

Edited by KidNapalm, Apr 18 2017 - 16:48.

Sugaree #29 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 16:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17488 battles

View PostMax83_ZA, on Apr 18 2017 - 06:27, said:

Let me put it to you like this; if i get on 9.18 tonight, not having played the test or sandbox server, and arty feels like they have been buffed, I will pack my bags (money bags) and go waste it on some other game where the developers actually listen to the community.

Voting with your money is the most powerful antidote to capitalistic tyranny. WG, listen to your base! Don't make the mistake of the DNC.

Edited by KidNapalm, Apr 18 2017 - 16:51.

leeuniverse #30 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 16:46

Major

• Players
  • 27500 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostBavor, on Apr 17 2017 - 18:57, said:

Arty too accurate in 9.18

No.....  Tanks are too SLOW.  You can't buff Arty accuracy and keep tanks as slow as they currently are.

They should at least buff tanks to the speeds they used to be a few years ago.

Plus, the Stun makes it all even MORE worse...!!!  :(

misterwit #31 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 16:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 11171 battles
  • [NOKAP] NOKAP
I've been saying this for weeks, this wasn't a nerf, just a way to get the stupid heavy drivers to spend more credits on prem medkits. WG is farming you.

Sugaree #32 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 16:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17488 battles

View PostNonamanadus, on Apr 18 2017 - 07:36, said:

The cancer has muted and become stronger, instead of a quick dignified death one dies from a thousand cuts....

This ^^^

misterwit #33 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 16:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 11171 battles
  • [NOKAP] NOKAP

View Postleeuniverse, on Apr 18 2017 - 15:46, said:

No.....  Tanks are too SLOW.  You can't buff Arty accuracy and keep tanks as slow as they currently are.

They should at least buff tanks to the speeds they used to be a few years ago.

Plus, the Stun makes it all even MORE worse...!!!  :(

if only there were combat-viable tanks that could move quickly in wot... oh wait WG killed them.

Capitano_Muky #34 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 18:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 36155 battles
  • [CROUV] CROUV

With this new upgrade, the game is completely depraved. Especially this applies to artillery. It just can not be played anymore. I do not know why they have so much touched the artillery. The only answer is more WOT money.  Soon all of the teams will be just artillery and a quick tank, and that's not the goal of the word. Besides, the game has become totally uninteresting and boring if you know that after 3 shots tails you simply lose the party. TERRIBLE.

The game called the World of Tanks. I know that the USSR was in WW II because they did not have good tanks or did not fight enough against the Germans artillery, but this is reinforcing it as a disgrace to the game. I begin to think that after two years of regular playing and spending approx. $ 500.00 just throw everything in [edited].

Hagendansk #35 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 18:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19058 battles

hmmm... so far new arty mechanics seem not to be as retarded as expected. 

Too accurate? Guess it depends on your arty. 

Both my Grille and M40/43 feel less accurate, esp. the Grille. 

Tendency: more shots going to the far end of the aiming circle or beyond, in general more shots landing towards the borders of the circle/ellipse, some outside. RNG is still stronk in this one. 

But still getting used to it. 

And yes, when I'm not in my arties, I still hate arty. Maybe even more... *stun*

Slaynar1 #36 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 18:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 22470 battles
  • [JEDI] JEDI

Wait!! So now arty does not get to kill anything?? Just Stun?? I wish you would quit screwing things up!! I play this game because it gives some realistic "real world" play of armored battles. You keep screwing with tanks and vehicles that were "really" in the wars fought and giving unrealistic capabilities to tanks that never even got off the drawing board. Artillery is supposed to be annoying. Put yourself in a metal box in a field and let HUGE projectiles carrying large amounts of explosives go off on top of you or near by. YES it is supposed to scare you and change your thinking and game play. Stop crying about it and learn to play smarter and better. That is life. As for other tanks, the M18 for instance. I have like 7000 battles in it and even after you "nerf" it over and over I still play it. But other TDs that were not even in any war or even produced for that matter, E25 for instance, you do nothing to and continue to adjust others capabilities.

Sunserrae #37 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 21:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 14765 battles

Nope, not too accurate at all. 

You cried and bawled about how arty would occasionally hit you for decent damage or a one-shot while missing 4 of 5 shots. This is now your trade off. They no longer can do that, but can now fire faster and more accurate. This is sweet justice, and makes arty even more fun to play. Farming those neckbeard leet tears are outstanding. 

:trollface:

Xyrothryu #38 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 21:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12416 battles
  • [WOLF] WOLF

This patch has finally managed to make me want to quit the game, arty went from a minor issue that occasionally might do a fair bit of damage to just a constant barrage of death that can't miss. And since the game engine doesn't handle splash vs walls and such, you can be hit through buildings, walls, rocks, cliffs with the increased spash.

Somehow this nerf/change to arty was probably the biggest buff they ever received.

That being said I will missing firing AP in GWe100 to nail people for 2k.

Edited by Xyrothryu, Apr 18 2017 - 21:41.

Coftron #39 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 21:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 29357 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Be sure to make all these comments in the post asking about arty changes in 9.18

Sunserrae #40 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 14765 battles

View PostXyrothryu, on Apr 18 2017 - 20:40, said:

This patch has finally managed to make me want to quit the game, arty went from a minor issue that occasionally might do a fair bit of damage to just a constant barrage of death that can't miss. And since the game engine doesn't handle splash vs walls and such, you can be hit through buildings, walls, rocks, cliffs with the increased spash.

Somehow this nerf/change to arty was probably the biggest buff they ever received.

That being said I will missing firing AP in GWe100 to nail people for 2k.

No no no neckbeard leet. This is what all of the daily arty threads cried rivers of salty tears about being one-shotted once every 50-100 games. 

Justice has now been served up deliciously.

:trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users