So, WG actually wants us all to stop playing arty permanently

WG sucks

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Elegant_Winter #21 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 20:32

Major

• Players
  • 13615 battles
I have to say WG has made a lot of sensible decisions lately. This is certainly one of them.

Fly_Guy8791 #22 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 20:33

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13753 battles

Arty is more powerful than ever. I jumped into one and splashed tanks to death BEHIND COVER.

They need to remove it.

Zanarkand_C #23 Posted Oct 23 2017 - 10:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21047 battles
  • [HOOD] HOOD

WG has no idea what on earth to do with arty. And as someone who actually plays it, I think they need to just remove it completely.

The reason I think this is cause arty is literally treated so differently in the game, it's already like it does not belong. I use to love my Obj 261, and now the only thing I can do is "Stun" another tanks crew and I can only imagine they are stunned about the tiny amount of damage my 180MM round just did.

For those of us who play arty (mostly only for missions at this point) it's not incredibly fun to wait 27 seconds and do MAYBE 400 dmg in tier X. It's not exciting as it use to be and the only thing that could maybe make it fun again is to platoon with other arty. But we can't, and no one else wants us too. And its not like we can blame them, I still like my 261 but if I am in any other tank I HATE arty just the same as everyone else.

It would probably be really awkward for WG to remove the arty branches from every nation but it's already awkward having them in the game!

I say do away with them completely, OR just put them back to the way they use to be. Do something WG cause right now its a segregated tank and that's just racist...

Beornotns #24 Posted Oct 23 2017 - 11:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21521 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

Three things:

1) You cannot be racist against a tank.

2) Stun mechanics make arty a true support class.  You stun/track them and reap the benefits from a kilometer away.

3) WG has no idea what on earth to do with ANY tank.  Arty isn't special in WG's apathy; just in venom from certain vocal players.

Just play and be happy it still exists, or do what I do and only use it for campaigns/personal missions/whatever the hell they're called now.

~B

SEL_BGM #25 Posted Oct 23 2017 - 15:00

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4807 battles

View PostZanarkand_C, on Oct 23 2017 - 04:29, said:

WG has no idea what on earth to do with arty. And as someone who actually plays it, I think they need to just remove it completely.

The reason I think this is cause arty is literally treated so differently in the game, it's already like it does not belong. I use to love my Obj 261, and now the only thing I can do is "Stun" another tanks crew and I can only imagine they are stunned about the tiny amount of damage my 180MM round just did.

For those of us who play arty (mostly only for missions at this point) it's not incredibly fun to wait 27 seconds and do MAYBE 400 dmg in tier X. It's not exciting as it use to be and the only thing that could maybe make it fun again is to platoon with other arty. But we can't, and no one else wants us too. And its not like we can blame them, I still like my 261 but if I am in any other tank I HATE arty just the same as everyone else.

It would probably be really awkward for WG to remove the arty branches from every nation but it's already awkward having them in the game!

I say do away with them completely, OR just put them back to the way they use to be. Do something WG cause right now its a segregated tank and that's just racist...

I'm not a serious player of WOT, so don't really care about how arty is treated.  WOT can be played and enjoyed by 6 year olds.  It, even as it is now, is a very simple shooter game.  If you eliminate arty, then it becomes even simpler.  It goes from a three dimensional shooter to a two dimensional shooter.  The pursuing of stats more than victory is apparent in most games ( "I got my 5,000 damage" )  Arty has always been a support class.  But "support" requires a "plan," and most tankers are oblivious to basic tactics so don't care about support.  Arty is left alone to be poached much of the time.  Tankers rush into close proximity of arty marked enemy and then complain about damage from a shot fired three seconds earlier.  Tankers complain about being preyed upon by arty, but arty see the battle from above and can tell you exactly why these tanks take so much arty damage: They suck.  Finally, the stat demon tankers don't understand that these stats don't really apply to arty.  Arty usually doesn't do significant damage anymore.  Shots are about a minute apart and arty's ability to affect a battle depends upon what is lit when that minute rolls around.  Moving arty more often than not causes one to be spotted (even from across the field), and stunning benefit is largely dependent on tanker competence.

So, WOT needs to do what keeps more of its premium paying members happy.  I suspect that's making the game  even more easy and simple, and eliminate challenges (e.g. arty).

Edited by SEL_BGM, Oct 23 2017 - 15:02.

DEATH_TO_ARTY #26 Posted Oct 23 2017 - 15:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 56 battles

View PostElegant_Winter, on Apr 18 2017 - 20:32, said:

I have to say WG has made a lot of sensible decisions lately. This is certainly one of them.

this....decrease arty camo...decrease hitpoints.... decrease arty rate of fire....increase arty dispersion....make arty slower....make arty traverse at 2 degrees per second..so it takes more than a minute for it to turn around.

also add a spontaneous combust feature on arty....everytime arty fires. there is a chance it will catch on fire....

oh and lower the limit of arty per match to 1 per match

Chalybos #27 Posted Oct 23 2017 - 15:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21727 battles
Anonymous alt account is anonymous.

DEATH_TO_ARTY #28 Posted Oct 23 2017 - 15:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 56 battles

View PostSEL_BGM, on Oct 23 2017 - 15:00, said:

I'm not a serious player of WOT, so don't really care about how arty is treated.  WOT can be played and enjoyed by 6 year olds.  It, even as it is now, is a very simple shooter game.  If you eliminate arty, then it becomes even simpler.  It goes from a three dimensional shooter to a two dimensional shooter.  The pursuing of stats more than victory is apparent in most games ( "I got my 5,000 damage" )  Arty has always been a support class.  But "support" requires a "plan," and most tankers are oblivious to basic tactics so don't care about support.  Arty is left alone to be poached much of the time.  Tankers rush into close proximity of arty marked enemy and then complain about damage from a shot fired three seconds earlier.  Tankers complain about being preyed upon by arty, but arty see the battle from above and can tell you exactly why these tanks take so much arty damage: They suck.  Finally, the stat demon tankers don't understand that these stats don't really apply to arty.  Arty usually doesn't do significant damage anymore.  Shots are about a minute apart and arty's ability to affect a battle depends upon what is lit when that minute rolls around.  Moving arty more often than not causes one to be spotted (even from across the field), and stunning benefit is largely dependent on tanker competence.

So, WOT needs to do what keeps more of its premium paying members happy.  I suspect that's making the game  even more easy and simple, and eliminate challenges (e.g. arty).

I looked up your stats...you play arty 91% of the time ....not that you are padding your stats with arty play

did you ever think of trying to play tanks.....your WN8 with anything not an arty is right around 100.

if you want to platoon and learn the fundamentals..like aiming and shooting and moving..i would be happy to help

it is obvious you don't know a thing about playing tanks.

DEATH_TO_ARTY #29 Posted Oct 23 2017 - 15:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 56 battles

View PostChalybos, on Oct 23 2017 - 15:20, said:

Anonymous alt account is anonymous.

49% of this guys games are in arty

consider the source....always consider the source

cnumartyr #30 Posted Oct 23 2017 - 15:34

Captain

• Players
  • 10572 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostDEATH_TO_ARTY, on Oct 23 2017 - 09:29, said:

Unfortunately in your case we can't.

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #31 Posted Oct 23 2017 - 15:38

Major

• Players
  • 45678 battles

I started playing artillery (SU-26) for Tank Companies.

I picked up artillery again, for Personal Missions.

I am playing artillery to Tier X, because I want all Tier X vehicles.

The most fun I have playing artillery is on Common Test, dropping satellite packages on the various players, who go to Common Test to play vehicles, they wouldn't normally play.

I suspect, if artillery were removed, other facets of game balance would be negatively impacted.  Don't we already have instances of game imbalance?  So, it isn't as if removing artillery will result in something new ... the game is perpetually in a state of re-balancing.

SEL_BGM #32 Posted Oct 23 2017 - 15:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4807 battles

View PostDEATH_TO_ARTY, on Oct 23 2017 - 09:25, said:

I looked up your stats...you play arty 91% of the time ....not that you are padding your stats with arty play

did you ever think of trying to play tanks.....your WN8 with anything not an arty is right around 100.

if you want to platoon and learn the fundamentals..like aiming and shooting and moving..i would be happy to help

it is obvious you don't know a thing about playing tanks.

I'm not an "expert" in WOT's, and don't really care, but do know that you have nothing of value to add to a discussion about arty.  That won't stop you though.

Enginseer_66 #33 Posted Oct 23 2017 - 15:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8581 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

This little nerf is a good start.

Now to limit the hated skycancer to max 2 per team in pubs.

Then to 1.

Then to no more forever.

nuclearguy931 #34 Posted Oct 23 2017 - 16:03

Major

• Players
  • 70602 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

Much like anything you say. Anyone who uses an 'alt' account to post in the forums and doesn't have the balls to use their main account, well, their opinions are worthless.

Chalybos #35 Posted Oct 23 2017 - 16:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21727 battles

Exactly, consider the source.  You're an anonymous account created a month and a half two months ago to allow you to attempt to troll the forums because chances are that your original account has such bad stats that you got tired of being called out for being an uber-tomato. 

52 battles and you're here complaining about arty ... nobody even finds the forums after 52 battles.

And I never hide the fact that I play a lot of arty.  Care to post your real account name?  Didn't think so.

Edited by Chalybos, Oct 23 2017 - 16:15.

Also tagged with WG sucks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users