0.9.18 Feedback

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

MeanRage #201 Posted May 17 2017 - 06:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 4761 battles
  • [TXV] TXV
Dev said that they fixed the MM and they said that after 2 or 3 bottom tier matches you would get a mid or top tier game. The devs are a bunch of liars!!! They did not fix [edited]!!!

Xendariel #202 Posted May 17 2017 - 09:12

Private

• Players
  • 26053 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

Personally, 3/5/7 seems like a joke. An improved system that will statistically make everyone bottom tier almost 50% of the time? Really?

Counted out two days of games and these have been the results:

Day 1

29 games played

17 bottom tier (59%)

9 middle tier (31%) - Note: One of these was a pref mm vehicle, could only be middle or top tier

3 top tier (10%) - Note: Two of these were in pref mm vehicles

Day 2

24 games played

14 bottom tier (58%)

10 middle tier (42%) Note: 3 of these were in tier 9, where you can only be top or middle tier

0 top tier

Totals

53 games played

31 bottom tier (58.5%)

19 middle tier (36%) - 4 of which were pref/tier 9

3 top tier (5.5%) - 2 of which were pref mm

This is insane. I can appreciate being bottom tier - it happens and it brings about a challenge that can be extremely rewarding. But THREE top tiers in 53 games, only ONE of which was a regular mm tank? That's an absolute joke.

Personally I think +-2 is too far. Best games I've had with the new mm? The 5/10, one tier apart splits. Don't feel useless as the bottom tier but still have 10 tanks you're a tier higher than in the top tier.

Fr33kzilla #203 Posted May 18 2017 - 00:06

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14323 battles

Well, the first day New MM was out, it was fine. Then something happened and they did a mini patch. This is where I think they effed it up. Most matches I get now, I am bottom tier.

Part of the problem, and WG has themselves said that there isn't enough people at high tier for many matches. That was the one of the reasons they were so reluctant to change MM. Shrinking MM down would mean less matches at the high tiers if the tier spread was decreased. So what did they do? They just shifted it from filling in empty spots with low tiers in those top tier matches to giving all top tiers a guaranteed match as top tier with few people at their tier. That's all they really changed. In stead of filling the extra empty slots with low tiers, they give all top tier 2-3 slots and the rest is allocated to lower tiers. In short, all they did was give top tiers the ability to seal club more easily.

I don't know what it would take to get it through these people at WG through their thick effing heads that +2 tiers is TOO much. The players have said it thousands of times and yet these knuckle draggers  obviously can't get it through their thick skulls. We, the players, don't give a rats a** what YOU, WG, think. I sure don't.

The old MM would have been fine IF you had ONLY changed one thing, from +2 tiers to +1 tier. WE the players told you that. And once again you didn't listen. Instead you tried to re-invent the wheel and change things YOUR way. Wel obviously YOUR way doesn't work. Otherwise so many people wouldn't be unhappy.

I don't know what you changed in that mini patch after the release was out, but THAT is where the problem is. Whatever you did there screwed things up royally.

SgtRock52 #204 Posted May 18 2017 - 00:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13493 battles
  • [BTB] BTB

View Postjohn_snow_2016, on Apr 20 2017 - 13:06, said:

new MM still allows to 2-3 OP tanks like e25, t67, bc25, t50\51, Kranvagn to platoon. it is very toxic bug and should be fixed ASAP.

That was NEVER part of the patch notes and at no time did WD say they were gonna fix the heavy tank imbalance, just Lights, Meds and TDs.

SteamFish #205 Posted May 18 2017 - 02:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 14597 battles
  • [ART15] ART15

I have given this some time and I think that matchmaking is not really better, just different.  It is made to help the Tier X plays, but everyone else suffers a bit.  I would rather their be just Tier X matches (with all Tier X) or all of any tier to make this better.  Then start adding tanks from other tiers.  This might make it longer to create a game, I understand. 

If anything, being low tier is worse in this setup.  Please keep tweaking!  Change is good!

8_Trak #206 Posted May 19 2017 - 01:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 21989 battles

View PostXendariel, on May 17 2017 - 00:12, said:

Personally, 3/5/7 seems like a joke. An improved system that will statistically make everyone bottom tier almost 50% of the time? Really?

Counted out two days of games and these have been the results:

Day 1

29 games played

17 bottom tier (59%)

9 middle tier (31%) - Note: One of these was a pref mm vehicle, could only be middle or top tier

3 top tier (10%) - Note: Two of these were in pref mm vehicles

Day 2

24 games played

14 bottom tier (58%)

10 middle tier (42%) Note: 3 of these were in tier 9, where you can only be top or middle tier

0 top tier

Totals

53 games played

31 bottom tier (58.5%)

19 middle tier (36%) - 4 of which were pref/tier 9

3 top tier (5.5%) - 2 of which were pref mm

This is insane. I can appreciate being bottom tier - it happens and it brings about a challenge that can be extremely rewarding. But THREE top tiers in 53 games, only ONE of which was a regular mm tank? That's an absolute joke.

Personally I think +-2 is too far. Best games I've had with the new mm? The 5/10, one tier apart splits. Don't feel useless as the bottom tier but still have 10 tanks you're a tier higher than in the top tier.

About a year ago, I would have disagreed with you and said that +-2 is totally fine. Hell, I don't mind the occasional tier ten match in my tier eights, or a tier seven match in a tier five, and the like. But I literally cannot platoon with one friend of mine, period. I am trying to get him some nicer tanks, as he is at tier six right now, and the moment I platoon we get slammed by constant tier eight matches, with teams that I have no hope in hell of carrying. WG, kindly fix your [edited]. This match maker doesn't function the way it was advertised and as far as I know you have not made any efforts to address the issue. I am constantly getting uptiered in tanks that really do not do well when bottom tier, and nine out of ten matches I am playing I am either outright bottom tier, or in the middle.  I fully understand that I am a capable player and am above average, and I am okay with a match maker sticking me into tougher matchups because of such, but when I start having a streak of games where I'm not even doing my health in damage, as a result of being bottom tier and being crapped on my artillery I have no hope of defending myself from, there is a problem. I am a paying customer, and I am seriously considering not keeping my premium account up because of this. 

OrnmiIler #207 Posted May 19 2017 - 01:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

View PostQuemapueblos, on Apr 18 2017 - 14:30, said:

Hello Tankers,

Today we launched patch 0.9.18 and we want to hear your feedback! There are separate topics for major 0.9.18 changes, please leave all feedback for Matchmaker changes in this thread.

• How is matchmaking compared to before the patch?
  • How well do you feel the matches are balanced in general?
  • Have you seen any technical issues with the new matchmaker?
  • How have queue times been impacted?

Details of Matchmaker Changes:

Spoiler

Overview of Patch 0.9.18 Here

Full Patch Notes Here

Hello WoT:

Nothing, but nothing 9.18 changed in MM can remotely compensate for the now extended, unbearably longer, queue waiting times for game starts...Because our personal time in WoT is limited, and more valuable! This sleight of hand does not equate as longer in game play, but immeasurably as further unnecessary prickly frustration, truly not the objective of any fun.

Tech maintenance is necessary; while in game changes to anything are unnecessary.

From a completely neutral, regulated, and well thought out 9.17 game of the people (including people willing to continue spending dollars) to a totally underhanded 9.18, motivated by years of whiner/perp psychobabblers (many, if not most, being freeloaders) calling for arbitrary change of everything, down to color of SPG crews underwear.

The across the board devolution of 9.18, a culmination of a totally underhanded scheme of interlocked branches of changes, which totally changes dynamic of game, betrayed the SPG caste, eradicated in game play of equals, to at present four caste and one subset as a mere minion, and threat of total eradication of that subset in future if again/anytime on these same whiner/perps say so.

This is the route of no return, on the path of these same slaphappy whiner/perps who won’t be contented until WoT implodes.

It is long past the time to dry up and separate from, the stench emanating the great hogwash of the nitpicking Forums which eventually poisons every good standard of in game play.

It’s time for “Pay to Post” in Forum, or allowing only tickets for such, or some other WoT way to desiccate this unholy flood of whine influence, which must be considered as toxic, or more so, than any other great perp poisoning of WoT.

armoborg #208 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:26

Private

• Players
  • 28119 battles
  • [SOFAT] SOFAT
MM improvements haven't done much.  I think game play has improved maybe by 5%?    I see this over and over again the problem is that you have to balance skill for each match.   By far this is the most important element.  I just finished playing a game where the enemy team all had very high wn8 scores.   How do you think the match turned out.   This has been the case for a long time.  Changing to the template system of balancing tiers and tanks has made a slight improvement.   YOU MUST BALANCE SKILL IN MATCH MAKER THIS IS A MUST.  This will prevent lame games and make it much more fair for everyone especially when OP Toons go trolling which is the 2nd thing I hate.

docroberts #209 Posted May 21 2017 - 02:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16817 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
AS of today I'm sooooo Freaking P issed .... It's been one solid loss after another , I keep getting put on top tier and the team is so freaking under gunned and armored , NOBODY supports and runs off and leaves you . I cant make a dime to buy my tanks I have researched , and burning through kits and ammo like water and who Knows what the Hell you all set the rng at because you cant hit where your aiming anyways . I used to play 30 games a day , now I'm lucky just to turn the game on at all . I DONT want to play , you have made the game so stagnant and team battles are gone , now you have strong holds but there ruled by meds and lights , and no hope of ever getting the KV1S back or un nerfing the HellCat .. I want my 10 min games back in pubs instead of getting steam rolled every freaking game . Here it is Friday night and only 24k ppl on both servers  . I remember there used to be 50k plus and now there is nothing . I've just given up all hope for the better for this game and my attitude shows . I really really did hope for a better MM . Tanks I had armor on are now just any old tank because decisions were made to change them . We researched them , payed gold to get them , paid preem time to get better earnings , Bought garage slots to house tanks , Payed silver to get Equipment and consumables , Payed gold and silver for crews , Not to mention camo .. Then get things nerfed , changed , taken away , view ranges cut . If anything else make the view range the same across the board and the crew skills change how it works instead ... It's just so inferiorating to feel like you've been cheated so badly then teams that do what ever they do .. This was one of my most favorite games , now I cringe just thinking how bad are the teams today and do I even want to turn it on at all .. I still really do wish it would go back to the way it was years ago , but I don't feel it ever will . I don't know but there is my rant for the day .  

Ramall_777 #210 Posted May 21 2017 - 22:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15171 battles

I've waited to respond, but here's my $0.02

The new MM seems a little better "on paper" with the exception of a few strange match ups as stated by a number of people.

It feels a little less fun more often than not, but in some ways that feels like it is because players in random have their roles upset in many matches. It is like having 5 heavies in the middle of the pack on each side, don't know what to do about the selection of TDs or lights or whatever at the top 3 slots. In the previous MM, it felt like everyone knew their roles better, and even if I was bottom tier, I knew better what to do, and when to do it - at least from the view point of a very average player. I'm sure all the high skilled players can handle about anything.

I would really like to see a counter tied to each player, where after 9 matches, MM increases the chance to match even tier (or at least battle tier), and the chance increases until the player gets that match. (And most players don't seem to understand battle tier) Players sure seem to praise it when they can say, "yay! all tier 8", etc...

docroberts #211 Posted May 22 2017 - 05:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16817 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

View PostLanceBrian1992, on Apr 18 2017 - 17:19, said:

MM is still broken you cant put 1 top tier against 3 top tier heavys it dont work come on wargaming you really fixed it more like you broke it even worse pull your heads out of the garbage can and fix it right 

​Yea tell me about it . I don't even want to turn on the game or cringe If I even think about turning the game on at all .. Cant make silver when each team is a disaster . My team Med , lite , Arty , another med , then a heavy ,,,, there team heavy , heavy , heavy , med , and so forth .. But either way I'm screwed . 

Discdogtrooper #212 Posted Yesterday, 04:42 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17441 battles
  • [JEDI_] JEDI_
As for me... I HATE  the new MM. In the ladt 500 battles I  have had top tier 53 times. That is roughly 1 out of 10. It doesn't matter how "balanced" the teams are. Since you can't pick who meet on the battlefield...bottom tier is still bottom tier.

Fernando61 #213 Posted Today, 04:29 AM

Private

• -Players-
  • 3350 battles
Just played 20 games and would like to show just how bad this MM is. I played 20 games on a tier 5 medium,out of the 20, 15 times i was low tier tank 1 time i was top tier, once mid tier, 3 times even. Of those 20 games our team lost 18,with 2 wins. Died in all but two games and those were the ones our team won.....So WG Dev's what do you have to say about this? Call me a bad player or whatever you like,but that would meen that all of our team are bad players. Really like the game but WTH is goin on? Seems to me that you are trying to get people to quit the game,and before people say that i was only tier five and i should get higher tier tanks,well i have tier 6 and a single tier 7,and the same is still true like i just pointed out. In my tier 7 tank i am always low tier going against 8's and 9's!!! MM is a scam i believe to pad the long times players stats and if i'm wrong please prove to me that i am!! Que insults now.

Also tagged with 0.9.18 Feedback

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users