0.9.18 Feedback

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

MeanRage #181 Posted May 06 2017 - 02:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14163 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO
Your damned MM is broke worse than ever!!!! Bottom tier over 90% of the time when platooned and about 2/3rds of the time solo!! Midtier for about 2/3rds of what is left over and high tier for what is remaining after the first two, The number of steamrolls I see is just absurd!!! Wargaming devs say that they fixed the MM, I call them liers!!!! WG fix your POS game!!!!!!!!

ArcticTankHunter #182 Posted May 07 2017 - 12:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22990 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

Too many heavy tanks one sided. I had a game where I was the only heavy tank(french heavy) and the other team had like 5 KV-2's and a OI. They weren't even platooned. No way you can win that game. Please limited certain tanks in MM so they don't stack. Specifically the Heavy tanks.

Currently vehicles that needs to be limited per team for Tier 6 in MM are KV-2, OI, and Tog. Their damage and HP pool is just too dam big.

dunniteowl #183 Posted May 07 2017 - 21:15

Major

• Players
  • 34637 battles

View PostQuemapueblos, on Apr 18 2017 - 20:30, said:

Hello Tankers,

Today we launched patch 0.9.18 and we want to hear your feedback! There are separate topics for major 0.9.18 changes, please leave all feedback for Matchmaker changes in this thread.

• How is matchmaking compared to before the patch?
  • How well do you feel the matches are balanced in general?
  • Have you seen any technical issues with the new matchmaker?
  • How have queue times been impacted?

Details of Matchmaker Changes:

Spoiler

Overview of Patch 0.9.18 Here

Full Patch Notes Here

Before I say how I feel about the New MM changes, let me preface where I mostly play and have also played a bit more lately.

I mostly spend my time in Tier 5 with a single T6 unit.  I am grinding two new lines (Russia/Sweden) and have also to grind two more new classes.  An LT for the UK line (My Crusader suddenly became a Medium, so no LT in my UK line... grr) and a Medium for my US line (My M7 suddenly became an LT, so no Med in my US line... grr --- again!)

This means I am now pretty regularly playing (again after long absence) tiers 1-3 and I was doing this about a month and a half before the MM changes.  So my experiences are with how it was and is now for tiers 1-5 with a relatively 'regular' amount of time across them all, though with my focus on tier 5, really.

Tier 1

Spoiler

This alone is a great improvement; not having to wait so long.  Add to that the 15 v 15 format most times instead of occasionally and I'd say that's a winning combination for playing and players at those tiers. 

Tier 2

Spoiler

On the whole, this is an improvement in the same level as that for tier 1.

Tier 3

Spoiler

This is a great overall improvement, especially at this tier, which is where I feel the training wheels start to really come off.  Or should be.

Tier 4

Spoiler

Again, we see that it isn't a GREAT change, though the changes are better for this tier than it was before.  Once again, it's better now than it was before for players in these tiers.

Tier 5

Spoiler

This is, to my view, a very small, though substantial, change for the better in tier 5.

Figured you wanted detailed input from as many perspectives as possible.  As I happen to be a relatively well seasoned overall online player, a gamer from long ago as well as a more than novice WoT player, I decided to provide what I hope was a relative look at those tiers that I happen to find myself playing for various reasons now, that allowed me to see some real differences in all those tiers with the new MM changes.

I feel this 'kinder, gentler' MM will help retain newer players longer, with more evenly tiered matches.  I know some are still complaining about the imbalances of Hvys and Meds and maybe they can get their day, too.  Right now, though, the changes to the MM have been, so far as I have been playing, an overall positive in the way games are being played -- without any significant changes in the overall outcomes.

This was honestly my expectation.  Skill is still skill and random is still random.

I didn't really have a problem with the game before.  I have less of a reason to complain now, I suppose.

Thanks WG!

(See how I did that?  Yah, that was on purpose.)

GrotePemil63 #184 Posted May 07 2017 - 22:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 20653 battles
  • [RYZIN] RYZIN
again played the game for 2 hours and was top tier only 3 times!! such bull [edited], especially when we read how some people get top tier so frequently, fin ridiculous!!!!!

Billdar #185 Posted May 08 2017 - 00:59

Private

• Players
  • 14775 battles
  • [IKAMP] IKAMP

I'm sure it has been said many times already as it is painfully obvious, but the latest update has turned WOT into landslide games again, and again and again.  How this is more fair, I have no idea.  This is the worse update i have seen in years for MM.  I was excited in the beginning for the future of WOT but after playing the latest update for the past 2 weeks, I am done with it until it is fixed.  How it creates landslide games again and again and again should be a recipe for how to fix it.

Also because of the complaining out there like I am doing now, you have taken the fun, what little there was left, out of arty. Maybe you should have just taken more HP damage out of them but not neuter them completely.

Thanks for all of the good years and I hope you can find your way back from Fast derp tanks taking over the game.

PipeMajor #186 Posted May 08 2017 - 19:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25980 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB
Not noticing much difference.  Still entering some battles where our opponents have 2x, 3x, or 4x heavies than our side.  If that's not unbalanced I don't know what is.

GrotePemil63 #187 Posted May 08 2017 - 22:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 20653 battles
  • [RYZIN] RYZIN
once again played 10 games and found myself in the bottom 3 tanks except for one time. screw you guys, Im taking my money and throwing it at strippers, at least there you know what your not getting.! Enjoy all the freebie players, when no one is left that is paying.... blame yourselves

nastykiller92 #188 Posted May 09 2017 - 06:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 24740 battles
  • [_WOO_] _WOO_
Please, for the love of god, make it so you can't have all of top tier being lights. I hate getting 3 T49s on the other team in a tier 9 match when I run a tier 7.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #189 Posted May 11 2017 - 11:54

Major

• Players
  • 37380 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostNacMacFeegle, on Apr 18 2017 - 12:52, said:

Matchmaker is truly broken now - before the patch it was bad, but already pre-9.18 MM seems like the good ol' days by comparison. It was a huge mistake to put the MM changes, tier 10 LTs, and massive changes to SPGs into the same patch. 9.18 should be rolled back and the various pieces reconsidered and retested one at a time over a long period of time. As it is it's hard to tell exactly whats wrong with so many different elements contributing to the problem.

VERY well said and SPOT-ON.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #190 Posted May 11 2017 - 12:34

Major

• Players
  • 37380 battles
  • [EOR] EOR
I thought the old MM was bad, now I'd do anything to have it back.  New MM is so bad, all too often heavies and meds are WAY out of balance.  Fixing this would really help it.  What's up with 2 days of nearly all tier 10 games being tier 12 instead???

WaldoWorld #191 Posted May 11 2017 - 14:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 15775 battles
  • [FOOK] FOOK

I am having a similar issue with a lot of people, I am finding myself top tier about 10% of the time. Could be because I mostly play Heavies and meds, rarely play SPG's.

With old system I could go three or four battles and be bottom tier everytime, but then would have three four battles at top tier, for most of my tanks I think it was pretty close to 33% top 33% bottom.

What I find with the new MM is about 10% top, maybe 13% middle and the rest are bottom tier games, but the worst part is the scores, we either win 13-3 or lose 13-3 neither is any fun. I am finding many battles where one side has many more heavies than the other, or one side has many more higher tier heavies (ie both sides might have 4 heavies, but one has a top tier and a middle tier and two lower tiers, and the other side has a middle tier and three lower tiers).I have even seen where one side had 1 heavy (not top tier) and 4 meds and the other had 4 heavies (one top tier) and 1 med.

this really needs to be addressed before Wargaming loses a lot of players that spend a lot of real money on the game.

Fernando61 #192 Posted May 11 2017 - 18:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 37939 battles
  • [-H-H] -H-H
I just want to know why i keep getting low tier in almost every single game? The winners are always the top tier and most of them i can not even pen let alone make a kill ( even with gold rounds and top gun on tank) I really want to like this game the way i like World of Warships,and i can't play that because of being kicked and needing to restart,that don't happen on this game but the lag can also be real bad at times...I do want to buy a few tanks and such but i will hold out till i see some sort of improvement. 

flowerpower210 #193 Posted May 11 2017 - 18:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25001 battles

Tier 8 mm is horrible.

Other tiers are fine.

Mangonel #194 Posted May 12 2017 - 07:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 13868 battles

The games not really worth playing anymore. Its defiantly not worth spent money on anymore.

Gameplay is crap & teamwork doesn't exist. 

MM is so broken.... matches are decided when it picks the teams.

WG want to make stupid matchups then ill just play stupid.

WG destroyed WoT R.I.P

Edited by Mangonel, May 12 2017 - 07:05.

Gcat1425 #195 Posted May 12 2017 - 20:45

Private

• Players
  • 19701 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

The Biggest Issue I've come across with the new mission is that platoon matchmaking is toatally busted. You NEVER see top teir battles when playing tanks in platoons, no matter the make-up of the teirs. The only exception I've seen is in particularly low teir battles-- and even then, being top teir only happens in 1/20 games. 

After collecting an 150 game sample to be certain of this claim- I found a solid theme of constantly bottom teir games. This became painfully obvious when I tried playing with a recruit who I brought to the game last week- only to be stuck in +2 matcchmaking 8/10 times, which puts an unexperienced (and even a well rounded 7000+PR 1750wn8 player like me), at a disadvantage. This particular part of the matchmaker discourages Team play and platooning- which is completely unreasonable in my humble opinion. 

smokindrummer #196 Posted May 12 2017 - 23:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 24115 battles
  • [IGLOO] IGLOO

i'm always at the bottom of the biggest tier fight its really get`ing old if I wanted to play tier 10's all the time I would bring tier 10's not tier eight feel I always over matched n never have a chance to win,, game kind of sucks now for me

RiCat #197 Posted May 13 2017 - 19:55

Private

• Players
  • 17238 battles

There is so much wrong with the match making now. I have no clue why it was put into game if it worked this way in test.

1. Tier 6-7 never see assault any more. The mandatory fills always pull tiers below T6 so assault can't occur. Those who like variety in play format have been lost in the update.

2. Tier 8 was a fun class to play before the patch. It afforded a way to play a bigger tank without always running into Tiers 9-10. Even in a Tier 9 match there was competition. Now Tier 8 is pulled to fill the lower level of T10. Since that seems to take priority (filling the T10 match first) T8 ends up fodder for the upper tier tanks.

3 Tier 8 almost never sees Assault because it is prioritized to fill other match types (Tier 9-10) first. 

Since the change in play with T6-7-8 I have had 1 Assault type. I have had no battles with T8 as top tier. The results for me of this new system have been boredom of game variety and total loss of variety of my tanks tier position in most matches. Perhaps the game can't be fixed? Maybe this new system would work better with 10X the number of players available in the match making pool? However  this new system seems destined to reduce player desire to play. 

Mangonel #198 Posted May 14 2017 - 00:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 13868 battles

game is broken... its not fun to play anymore

the people that like it are the players that play artillery or lights/ fast mediums

for slow mediums & heavies gameplay sucks

Boz1968 #199 Posted May 14 2017 - 00:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 46962 battles
  • [-HH-] -HH-

I posted in this topic once already, pretty close to release and they seemed to address the main issue of uneven heavies in matches for the most part.  However, weeks into this new match maker, I think Wot has a much bigger problem on their hands w/ this new match maker.  You are simply bottom/mid tier approx 90% of the time.   Claus had a great video of this based on his tier 8 premium special mm tanks.  He was bottom tier like 34 times in a row?!!  It is a bigger problem than just special mm tanks though, it is a global issue for all tanks/matches.  

The thing that was told to us was that if you were bottom tier a number of games, then the mm would try to put you in games as top tier, and that is clearly not working at all.  Not sure if this is due to lack of population on the NA server, platoons, or it plain just does not work.  Most nights I might play 10 games, 20+ on weekends, often I get top tier ZERO times in a gaming session.  The only way to be 100% sure you will be top tier is to play 10's, and I do, but often it is full games of 15 vs 15 of tier ten tanks.  

What does this mean?  Well, I cant say it has changed my win% much, as I still seem to win about the same. However, I do feel like it is much more difficult task to carry being mid/bottom tier all the time, match after match.  It wears on you in a way the old MM did not(this is not a good feeling to have about playing a game).  My feeling is that this new MM creates blow outs more often than with the old MM and they seem to happen much sooner within the match.  

With this new MM, I do know that if you are grinding a tank and using stock or near stock guns/tracks/engines etc. being mid/bottom tiers is going to make those grinds even more frustrating than the were before.  I have also noticed that if you do get the 3/5/7 MM that if your team does not get the "right" 3 top tanks, your whole team can be screwed.  This could be player skill in those tanks or even just the tanks themselves.  Example would be one team w/ 2 super heavies a well known good tank as the top 3 tanks being matched against mediums or even mediocre tanks.  This starts the cascade to the eventual blow outs I talked about above.  I dont have the answers for what is the "perfect MM", but after weeks of this MM, I am not sure we are in a better place MM wise than we were before the change.  

*Claus video above for ref.  

Edited by Boz1968, May 14 2017 - 01:14.

anonym_M0aUoj6Xxnpx #200 Posted May 14 2017 - 02:18

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Matching Making didn't need to be fully re done only a couple of balancing fix's, such as tanks types per side and player ratings. This also makes a lot of personal missions almost impossible to complete (MT 15 for the T28 HTC).

Also tagged with 0.9.18 Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users