• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

Quemapueblos #1 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 20:34

Associate Producer

• Administrator
  • 8615 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

Hello Tankers,

Today we launched patch 0.9.18 and we want to hear your feedback! There are separate topics for the major 0.9.18 changes, please leave all feedback for Light Tanks in this thread. 

• How do they compared to the existing light tanks before the patch?
  • Do the new tier X lights feel balanced?

Details of Light Tank Changes:

Spoiler

Overview of Patch 0.9.18 Here

Full Patch Notes Here

A_FIELD_MARSHAL #2 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 20:52

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27543 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
The new light tanks are all terrible as they had eather Gun changes, View Range changes or both. The Tier Xs do NOT feel balanced it would be a waste of time grinding 250K XP on them in their current state.

Edited by A_FIELD_MARSHAL, Apr 18 2017 - 21:03.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #3 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 20:55

Major

• Players
  • 15566 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

View PostQuemapueblos, on Apr 18 2017 - 12:34, said:

Hello Tankers,

Today we launched patch 0.9.18 and we want to hear your feedback! There are separate topics for the major 0.9.18 changes, please leave all feedback for Light Tanks in this thread. 

• How do they compared to the existing light tanks before the patch?
  • Do the new tier X lights feel balanced?

Details of Light Tank Changes:

Spoiler

Overview of Patch 0.9.18 Here

Full Patch Notes Here

how do they feel vs existing lights before the patch.....

http://forum.worldof...1#entry10917601

Spoiler

you murdered 59-16.

you murdered vk 28

you made them generic clones...that are actually inferior to other clones.   and none of them feel any different.    FAIL

and lets see...oh right T67 murdered tier 5 lights.

and tier 10 lights.......

revert tier 10 lights back to what they were pre nerf.    but leave T-100's armor as it is now.   and they'll be good.

Easy 8 vs T21. even with vertical stablizer,  e8 doesn't reach the gun handling, accuracy, and pen of T21 even without equipment.  in addition to inferior mobility.  
the only advantage Easy 8 has over T21 is hp, "armor", and a bit of dpm.      whats the point of using it?

tldr; you screwed up.

give me my 76mm 85pen autoloader back

A_FIELD_MARSHAL #4 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 20:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27543 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Apr 18 2017 - 20:55, said:

how do they feel vs existing lights before the patch.....

http://forum.worldof...1#entry10917601

Spoiler

you murdered 59-16.

you murdered vk 28

you made them generic clones...that are actually inferior to other clones.   and none of them feel any different.    FAIL

and lets see...oh right T67 murdered tier 5 lights.

and tier 10 lights.......

revert tier 10 lights back to what they were pre nerf.    but leave T-100's armor as it is now.   and they'll be good.

Easy 8 vs T21. even with vertical stablizer,  it doesn't reach the gun handling, accuracy, and pen of T21 even without equipment.  in addition to inferior mobility.  
the only advantage Easy 8 has over T21 is hp, "armor", and a bit of dpm.      whats the point of using it?

They also Murdered the WZ-131 no more 100MM gun :arta::(

If they dident nerf the view ranges I kinda like the AMX 13-90, as it now can mount a Virt Stab and better reload.

Edited by A_FIELD_MARSHAL, Apr 18 2017 - 21:01.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #5 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 21:02

Major

• Players
  • 15566 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

View PostA_FIELD_MARSHAL, on Apr 18 2017 - 12:58, said:

oh how much i hate WG right now >.<

gonan borrow this from yuno

don't get me wrong. i understand it for that tank....vs  tier 7 mediums

but it really doesn't help when you see tier 9.....with 159 pen.

and again, theres no benefit for flanking.   just a punishment for not using gold rounds

A_Defenseless_Kitten #6 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 21:03

Major

• Players
  • 29736 battles
T-50 is pretty op again like in the old days where it just teleports to your base and kills everyone, is their a way we can nerf its speed again.

LastoftheFallen #7 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 21:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35075 battles
Being one of only 3 top tier tanks with a light tank (tier 6+) and terrible accuracy makes you more of a detriment to your team than being the only bottom tier tank facing everything 3 tiers higher than you (in the old MM).

Blizzard36 #8 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 21:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 11359 battles
  • [RABIT] RABIT

View PostA_FIELD_MARSHAL, on Apr 18 2017 - 13:58, said:

WHAT?! I missed that while focusing on the 10s. Someone will pay for this brutal attack and insult!

Coftron #9 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 21:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 29914 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

The new tier X light tanks are not balance in the current iteration, they are outclassed, outmatched, and are out performed but all other classes of tanks. Mediums and heavies have more accurate guns and better view range which doesn't make any sense at all. The only thing the light tanks have going for them right now is mobility and camo on the move. But both of these attributes are useless as they will still be out lit by heavies and mediums. The first iteration of the light tanks on the sandbox was much much better and felt as if they had a role to play. When they had the best view range in the classes it felt as if the tank mattered. They even felt balance with the initial lower pen compared to the mediums as it makes more sense that the light tanks should be more of a flanking damage tank, but in the current state the DPM is far too low, and the dispersion values are way too high as it is now too difficult to hit weak points, even at close range.

I implore you to roll the changes for light tanks back to the first iteration on the sandbox server, keep the current ammo loadout, and perhaps keep the lowered alpha values while keeping the DPM at a competitive level. The accuracy could be a little worse then the mediums to keep the roles separated but they are way too inaccurate in their current state.

All you need to look at is the youtube community contributer's  comments on the light tank changes and you will get a clear idea of how long time light tank players feel about the current patch. As a long time player I how that you listen to the players and restore light tanks to something meaningful as right now I and many others have no interest in playing these tanks, or any other tanks at the moment.

Edit* PS Removing the unique guns from the lower tier light tanks is also very negative as the tanks do not feel different any longer. Vk28 needs its derp gun and the 59-16 needs its auto-loader back.

Edited by Coftron, Apr 18 2017 - 21:40.

thandiflight #10 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 21:41

Major

• Players
  • 69112 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
So you decided not to move the experience earned on Tier VIII light tanks to tier IX when they were moved. So I get that despite not being happy about it - but that does not justify simply removing all the experience I had on the LTTB at tier VII when it moved to tier VIII. The experience did not move and it is not at tier VII. Thanks for that Wargaming. 

Edited by thandiflight, Apr 18 2017 - 21:42.

NacMacFeegle #11 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 21:45

Captain

• Players
  • 19988 battles
  • [LAGG] LAGG

Light tanks now dominate every match - they make playing any other class an exercise in futility. Every match I played today ended up with a pack of LTs sweeping in and murdering all the heavies, mediums, TDs, and arty. As an LT enthusiast I was shocked by how OP they have become - I am doing double the damage I used to do and frequently getting 4+ kills. They no longer act as scouts, but instead as particularly viscous medium tanks. After seeing the repeated slaughter of other classes I don't dare take out any of my other tanks. If they are going to retain their current matchmaking they are going to need a really massive nerf, because at the moment they are breaking the game.

joklein #12 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 22:30

Private

• Players
  • 30344 battles
  • [-A1D] -A1D

I love the new MM, but light tanks are now kind of useless as WOT nerfed existing T7 tanks, and then moved them up to tier 8. This doesn't compute?

Jensen_Blayloc #13 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 22:36

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 12163 battles
  • [GANG] GANG
I have no idea why people are complaining about light tanks. They seem a bit too effective to me. People want to complain about view range. Ok, Give them the view range. Then nerf the ability to fire on the move. That would even things out a little. 

FavreFan4ever #14 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 22:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14234 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

I've only played a couple of games, but I'm disappointed that even tier 9 and 10 LT's can't reach 445m of VR without a host of crew skills, vents, and optics. This means that it is unable to effectively outspot even same-tiered mediums, many of which have higher VR and similar (stationary) camo. While I agree that the initial test server VR values were too high for some of the tier X LT's, I'd suggest a slight buff to the current VR values of light tanks so they can more consistently win the vision game.

I'd suggest 390VR for tier 8s, 400 for tier 9s, and 410 for the tier X LT's. That way then can scout better while still not being game-breaking. As of now there's little reason to play LT's over same-tiered mediums if LT's can't even outspot meds. Since mediums are superior in every other way (firepower and survivability), give LT's back the ability to consistently scout. 

Masauwu #15 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 22:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 625 battles

The completely unnecessary buff to premium light tanks (M41 Bulldog, Type-64, Type-62) by lowering their MM by 1 tier is something i can't understand. They are now very overpowered when top tier. We already have a ton of premium tanks with atypical (preferential) MM as a precedent, premium light tanks should have kept their pre-9.18 battle tiers if they are to retain their stats.   

Also please consider that tier 6 and 8 strongholds are slowly becoming a premium tank fest and it's not good for the health of the game in the long run. At the very least buff the standard non-premium tier 6-8 tanks to the same levels of their premium peers.

Onager8 #16 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 23:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 16983 battles

I used to love light tanks.  That is the majority of what I have with camo in my garage, with multiple lights at tiers 4-8.  Now, with 9.18, I am looking at getting rid of most of them.

All the lights I have driven have had:

- Speed reduced, and thus they can no longer move fast enough to be hard to hit, so their thin armor is even more of a detriment.

- "Firepower" scores are reduced to level of medium tanks one-tier below the level of the light tank.  It was usually done by reducing the rate of fire and the damage.  So instead of sometimes facing tanks 3 tiers up, lights now punch as if they were one tier lower.  Heaven help the light that tries to take on a medium or tank destroyer of its own tier.  It used to be bad for a team if an enemy light got in their back yard, now it is bad for the light since they can't move fast enough to avoid getting hit or escape, and can't hardly hurt anyone while in the back yard. 

- View ranges reduced.  What the heck good are lights if they can't see to spot?  Mediums and heavies have better view ranges than the "spotter".

Mediums at every tier have much better guns, better view ranges, better armor, and almost as much speed. So why would anyone play a light?  A team with a light at top tier, really just has another below average medium at mid tier.

WarGaming should give us the option to sell back camo since they made the lights so useless now.

SouthPaw48 #17 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 23:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 11343 battles
  • [HARM] HARM
View range on the AMX 13 90 is way too low. I am either outspotted by moving medium tanks or I am spotted from behind a bush by a moving light tank and we both see each other. Lights need more vision.

thegreatironturd #18 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 23:49

Private

• -Players-
  • 3021 battles
Just revert back 100% from this last update...

AIBtanker #19 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 00:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 25154 battles
  • [SPRAY] SPRAY

When adding new tanks to the game Wargaming completely failed in one regard.

If a person took the time to fully research a whole nation tech tree and have all the tanks in their garage, in my opinion, as a reward Wargaming should at least give the new tanks to the player even the new tier ten tanks in their garage fully researched.

ContraMuffin #20 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12956 battles
  • [AFK] AFK

My HWK 12 is being outspotted by meds. Please give back the view range of the LTs...

Edit: OK after a couple more matches I managed to find a way to play the HWK - don't scout, since other people will just out-spot you, and just snipe. Move up with the team as necessary, but make sure you're not going ahead of the team. Good job, WG, in your effort to discourage light tanks from sniping, you just made light tanks have to snipe.

Edited by ContraMuffin, Apr 19 2017 - 01:21.

Also tagged with 0.9.18 Feedback

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users