• 26501 battles
Tier 10 light tanks are pointless. 

flowerpower210 #122 Posted May 04 2017 - 06:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18591 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

Make the M7 great again!

As a light tank, it lost 20 meters of view range. As a light tank, it lost 476 DPM. As a light tank, it lost 90 health. The trade-off? A slight improvement in gun handling characteristics, an improved acceleration (5 hp/t), the possibility of mounting a vertical stabilizer (this is good though) and a slight to non-existent boost in camouflage - even on  the move!

I wish it was left untouched, as a tier V medium tank. The American tech tree has enough scouts, it didn't need another. Also... the old M7 was awesome.

RETURN MY BABY!

Please...

I beg you...

Edited by flowerpower210, May 04 2017 - 07:22.

mikeathome87 #123 Posted May 05 2017 - 04:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 25947 battles
Light tanks are very confusing now... a large percentage of meds have better view range and the camo really isn't enough to compensate for that in my mind. t10 lights should do less damage and less pen but be faster and better view range and camo and I just don't really see that. If I were running a CW game I wouldn't even consider bringing in a t10 light tank you lose too much hp and damage and don't really gain much back. Nerf the dps, buff the view range and speed.

kingmeofme #124 Posted May 07 2017 - 07:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29896 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Hey so I know everybody has already explained to you guys why tier 10 lights suck, so I won't do it again. I own 4 of the 5. they suck. fix it.

FlamesofGod #125 Posted May 07 2017 - 20:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 10442 battles

after playing my t49 and 13 90 and now having gotten the Sheridan *yes I used some free xp* I have a few things to say.

1. These two tanks don't feel as maneuverable as they should, especially the t49 and Sheridan. It just feels really hard to turn the tank even at high speeds, and they feel really sluggish in moderate/soft terrain.

2. late tier lights feel insignificant for spotting because most tanks tier 9/10 already have max view/spotting range or at least very close to it. idea fix. increase max spotting range of tier 9/10 (maybe t8) light tanks to maximum spotting range of 500m *+55m with an addition to their base view/spotting range.

3. camouflage. considering light tanks keep their base camouflage rating when moving, why not do the same for high tier light tanks if they use a camo net, or at least some bonus while moving. for example my 13 90 has a camouflage % of 17.67 when moving/stationary not firing. normally with camouflage only the stationary would be boosted to 27.67% but why not give that same bonus while moving?

nastykiller92 #126 Posted May 09 2017 - 06:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13845 battles
Remove the reload nerf on the top gun of the AMX ELC bis. it is still the worst light in DPM in tier 5 and you made it worse and read the derp gun back to the VK 28.01 it was the only good gun on it pre-9.18

epete05 #127 Posted May 10 2017 - 09:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 17725 battles

Occasionally you will get a battle where both teams are light heavy, 4+ lights per team with at least 2 being top tier, those light tanks push any flank and just shred the opposing team, it feels unbalanced in its current state.

I want to add that having multiple auto-loaders stacked on one team versus non-auto-loaders on the opposing team compounds this effect.  

Thanks,
Epete05

Edited by epete05, May 10 2017 - 09:29.

kingmeofme #128 Posted May 10 2017 - 12:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29896 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postepete05, on May 10 2017 - 09:26, said:

Occasionally you will get a battle where both teams are light heavy, 4+ lights per team with at least 2 being top tier, those light tanks push any flank and just shred the opposing team, it feels unbalanced in its current state.

I want to add that having multiple auto-loaders stacked on one team versus non-auto-loaders on the opposing team compounds this effect.  

Thanks,
Epete05

i ask you to post 1 single replay where this happened. Most lights have the combat capabilities of mediums two tiers lower. Lights have no ability to push flanks at any tier. This is just blatantly false if you're talking about tier 8-10 lights, which i have a lot of first hand experience with.

SIlkyChar #129 Posted May 11 2017 - 04:31

Private

• Players
  • 5515 battles
You've made light tanks, which were already outspotted by mediums due to the old MM system putting them bottom almost always, even less capable. At a minimum, the SP I C needs its only redeeming gun back, the autoloader with ONLY 3 shots. outclassed by french lights in terms of DPM, but able to hold its own only when you could get away. Now it's so unable to out maneuver anything or even fight back against french lights, mediums below it's tier, or T71s.

zerodog70 #130 Posted May 11 2017 - 05:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 9136 battles
WOT has ruined the ELC and made it virtually unplayable. Please return its engine power and quickness. The loss in hit points and loss of gun power is disappointing but acceptable. WOT, please return the power. As it stands, I cannot see ever using it again. WOT has just made the game way less entertaining. I almost feel like the nerfers had a personal problem with ELC tank experts.

Ranzwyn #131 Posted May 12 2017 - 03:13

Private

• -Players-
  • 4030 battles
After playing the new patch for awhile I feel bad about my LTs. It is hard to get assistance damage in higher tiers when you or the enemy have high tier meds as they tend to take over the spotting once they catch up to you near the front. The camo does not make up for this weakness. Going into a match and knowing that my scout has the lowest viewrange in the match with a few exceptions just feels so defeatist. Also those tier X lights' stats just kills any desire to go for them. Bad accuracy (Really bad for a guns with low pen that need weakpoint shots!), DPS and view? Buff them back to their first sandbox iteration! 

ArcosxD #132 Posted May 12 2017 - 17:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 24626 battles
  • [R-7] R-7

Well since i have only ther german light tier X. I can't say about the others lights.

The Rhm Pzw have only one good thing, the mobility. The rest is only a bad med, like fv 4202 when was a tier x.

I will divide thing to be easy to understand.

Thing that are bad, but they must be bad: HP and armor.

Well this self expalnotory. Lights needs to be mobile and small, so you need to reduce armor. The survivability is pretty much horrible and make the light class not easy to play, but... this is pretty much the light role.

Things that are ridiculous horrible and should not be this bad: Gun handling and firepower.

Even though i could deal good amount of dmg in some battles this light can't even compare with a tier IX med. The dpm is horrible but this is pretty easy to fix, just increase the pen or increase the dpm. (8 sec of reload on a light... camon)

Gun handling. OMFG. Why 0,36??? I understand that this kind of tank can't be precise as leo but 0,32 should do the trick. I'll not even start about the acc on move. Why on earth a tank that NEED to move alot have a such a horrible acc on move?

Things that are not bad, but are not good as should be: Spot, cammo

Well... this things are okay but meds have almost the same results on these tasks. So you guys should boost it a little. Maybe give this tank a natural view range greater then meds for example and boost. (I have a full crew and lens, so i manage to get 509 m of view range)

My conclusion. The Rhm pzw is a bad leo. I'll trhow some comparisson with the in game statistcs. In this sequence Firepower, survivability, mobility, concealment and spotting.
Rhm pzw: 514, 60, 876, 649, 859
Leopard1: 899, 165, 742, 539, 856

Well as you can see the light have advantage only in two things and the diference is not that big. Mobility and camo on move. If wg really want people to play light tanks they need give lights a role. Boost the DPM and give it a decent gun handling, give it a clear advantage at cammo and spot (For now i would boost the cammo and the view range. Even though i campare only with leo, there are other meds that are better then leo).

Well since wg don't give a f*** about users they will not see this. So the best thing is don't make this line

Edited by ArcosxD, May 12 2017 - 17:30.

HazmattsMilitia #133 Posted May 12 2017 - 20:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7405 battles
  • [-APCR] -APCR

You have ruined all most all tier 5 and up lights.I dont mind having the hit points reduced but the loss of engine power and view range is really bad, especially on the ELC.Light tanks are suppose to be fast and have great view range but now there are tier 4 lights with a better hp pool some tier 5s;and the view range on almost all high tier lights is worse then the view range for equal tier mediums.So if I want a fast tank with good view range, camo, and hit points,and I'm not trying to complete a light tank mission, I might as well play a medium.

I think you should give the tier 9+ lights more view range,better reloads ,and slightly better speed/engine power.The lower tier lights like the chaffee,ELC,leopard,etc. could use the speed and engine power they had before the update.I do understand your reasoning behind lowering their stats but you nerfed them to hard.

Edited by HazmattsMilitia, May 15 2017 - 18:04.

NomadonPC #134 Posted May 14 2017 - 02:20

Private

• Players
  • 9635 battles
Some light tanks need to be looked at in regards to balancing as ones with auto loaders and derp guns are OP atm.

HazmattsMilitia #135 Posted May 15 2017 - 18:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7405 battles
  • [-APCR] -APCR

View PostNomadonPC, on May 13 2017 - 20:20, said:

Some light tanks need to be looked at in regards to balancing as ones with auto loaders and derp guns are OP atm.

True,but that can be done by langthening the reload or aim time,not by making the tank slower or lowering it's view range

ATankFullOfIdiots #136 Posted May 16 2017 - 06:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36775 battles
I want my 105 back on my VK2801

GreyHawk_719 #137 Posted May 16 2017 - 23:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4711 battles
  • [-CSB-] -CSB-

I used to enjoy the VK 28.01 and the SP I C for one single thing... their uniqueness. They're still alright to play, but tanks in WoT are fun because they're unique... you get to pick from so many flavors of vehicles, and take the time to learn their unique playstyles. Unfortunately, I have to say that the rebalancing has taken away the uniqueness of these two tanks, making them relatively dry and boring.

-- The VK had its devastating 105 that was so useful in the right situations. Now, it plays really no differently than a Pz III/IV, or any other flanker/pseudoscout. It still plays well as a passive scout, but it's pretty boring now, and can't be as easily used for its prior role of being a scout hunter.

-- The SP I C... while I really enjoy the mobility buffs, I'd give them up to have even a nerfed version of that 3-round autoloader back. It was so fun, and helped neutralize the tank's weaknesses: its armor, sluggishness, and view range. It could move to a sniping position, or even the front lines, and fire its three shots before pulling back to safety to reload.

Myself, and all the other German LT players would really appreciate if the tanks were redeemed to their former glory, but I'm 99.9% sure that won't happen.

kingmeofme #138 Posted May 17 2017 - 06:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29896 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Hey so I've played a bunch more battles in my tier 10 lights (own all except Chinese) and I've come to a new conclusion. They aren't just bad, they are the 5 worst tier 10 tanks in the game. These tanks are completely, utterly, laughably garbage. They need the buffhammer stat. It's ridiculous how bad they are, I'm still in shock. Give them all another 1000 dpm if balancing them the right way is too hard for you, just do something to fix these abominations. You'd have to be retarded to think these tanks are remotely, even vaguely sufficient for a tier 9 game, let alone a tier 10 game. 

SteamFish #139 Posted May 18 2017 - 02:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 15101 battles
  • [ART15] ART15

Kinda fun to play, but why even have mediums anymore?  This does not really lead to scouting or team play as far as I can tell.  The matches we used to have where everyone played their role are now just vulgar individual brawls. 

This is a bad change.

PHAZE_ #140 Posted May 22 2017 - 04:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 18925 battles
I had written off this game as a incurable mess that should die a horrible death for the blind ignorance the devs had in regard to the state of the game. And only one thing had brought me back, after so long of neglect, and that was the new tier 10 lights. Something that I had wanted for years. I am was before I left one of the best T71 players in north america and absolutely loved playing the harassing role of a scout. And the one thing I wanted to do was not have games were I was forced into a practically impossible situation such as tier ten games on Himmls. So when I heard that scout mm was being removed I was overjoyed. And started looking for a new tier 10 light to tickle my fancy to grind up towards. Going in I was expecting fantastic view range like 440 or 460 at base. And I was praying for pen good enough to actually pen a E100 from the front (or at least sometimes). But sadly my hopes were crushed by another wave of disappointment. I wanted so badly to enjoy the game I had spent so much time on, and have a reason to let WG earn me buying new prem tanks and prem time. We will help you WG devs I hope you know that, if something is broken we will say so. If not than don't touch it, that simple. We want the game to succeed as much as you do. 

Also tagged with 0.9.18 Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users