0.9.18 Feedback

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

wilfry02 #21 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:20

Private

• -Players-
  • 4090 battles
  • [TG] TG

lights don't feel like lights their more like fast meds with low dpm. what have you done to the game i used to love wg. switch back. artys suck too they got no real protection against  other tanks now any one left on a 1vs1 in a arty is a guaranteed  lost

gbblitz #22 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:30

Private

• Players
  • 17503 battles
  • [EATU] EATU
From T5 to T8 , is great, lights can fight against other oponents without being OP and they keep the supporting role that they had . At T9 they seem a bit lackluster but its okayish, at T10 theyre just SH*T compared to mediums...like common, some of the t10 meds have more view range than the lights ...wthWG FIX UR [edited]

AIBtanker #23 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 24737 battles
  • [SPRAY] SPRAY
Viva La LT-15 (T 55 A)! The mission that will never be completed.

Das_Boots #24 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 02:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 43540 battles
  • How do they compared to the existing light tanks before the patch?
  • A: Many older lights seem better, at least a few lower tier ones, refreshing :)
  • Do the new tier X lights feel balanced?
  • A: Don't have one yet, no opinion.

poppavein #25 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 03:41

Captain

• Players
  • 22435 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

You should have held a sale on camo, emblems and XP conversion.  I'm not succumbing to your money grab until there is a sale and won't be playing camo-less light tanks until then.

leeuniverse #26 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 03:57

Major

• Players
  • 27500 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Light Tanks

Remove Physics from light tanks, so they can be controllable again, and just keep Handbrake Turn, this will allow you to add good "traverse" speeds without the tanks becoming uncontrollable like they now do.

Remove the nerfs to Lights "viewranges".  Lights SHOULD have better viewrange and camo than tanks of the game.  Just because they have decent guns doesn't change this fact.

Lights STILL overall suck more than other tanks, so there's nothing wrong with them being a little more balanced compared to other tanks.

You wonder why people don't scout with tanks, well this is why, and they're lacking the real speeds they should have.  Everyone knows viewrange is more important than camo.

Sheridan, partially uncontrollable because of the physics.  Bloom should be cut in Half, Reload reduced by 1 secs to just over 17 sec's.

T49, Should have the stats of the current Sheridan, with also bloom cut in half.  Both tanks it's unacceptable you're missing a tank often when just 5 feet away.  Also, accuracy nerfs in the last year made the T49 terrible, and it was already terrible, but now you're constantly shooting the ground, and your constantly missing when tanks drive right in front of you, but you could hit them before as long as you allowed your bloom to go down and you were mostly stationary.  So, the T49 needs the stats of the Sheridan, including it's turning (though without the physics) it's turning radius is monstrous, though it does seem more controllable compared to current T49, though again, the problem is the physics causing this imbalance between control and maneuverability.  Lights were perfect in speeds and controllability before the physics came along, except they should have been faster on the "low-end" power/acceleration still.

I found the new 90mm on the T49 to be actually nice.  I actually might use it now on occasion, or when I get the Sheridan just use it only since I'll have tSheridanain which it's reload and bloom/accuracy is slightly better, so I'll likely play it instead for the derp play.

QUESTION...?  Why is it okay for TD's and other tanks to do high damage shots consistently without terrible bloom, but these tanks can't?  You've nerfed them FAR too much.

Their bloom CAN be cut in half without making them "op", or at least by 1/3.  And if you really think that will occur, then I'm fine if the Derp Max damage shots are only allowed to do 500-700, instead of 700-1100.

We NEED these tanks to be slightly more "reliable".

Bulldog, If you're going to reduce it's clip, then you need to reduce it's reload also to like 20 sec's, like the T71.  Also, your accuracy nerfs in the last year makes this tank shoot the ground now, even when Server Reticle is fully down, ridiculous how you've made tank accuracy, not only that, it and the new HWK Tier 8 tank MISS many shots when shooting on the move.  Another example of accuracy nerfs being too much is AMX 50 100 was hard before, but now it's worthless to play.

M7, if you're making it a Light, then you need to speed it up and reduce it's bloom and increase it's pen (can't pen even the sides of many armored tanks without using gold).

This didn't used to be a problem years ago when accuracy was decent, and you could shoot for example the side hatch of the Churchhill III.  But now bloom/accuracy is so bad, you HAVE to shoot at the entire side of the tank to even hit the tank (though you'll even miss that often).

ELC, you should not have touched it's speed.  You already made it massively slow over the last year, but this is insane.  The ELC can't even drive backwards faster than a massive heavy, let alone forward speed.

Another example of how slow it is now, is I was circle killing an M44 a 100 or so feet from it, and he was easy able to turn and shoot at me.  That demonstrates some of how SLOW the ELC now is, it can't even avoid longer distance circling of Arty.  This also shows how Arty's accuracy requires all tanks of the game to be made faster (as they should have always been since you've been nerfing them year after year more and more).

BTW, honorable mention....  Used to always look forward to getting the Centurian 7/1, but driving it on the Test Server it drives like a Heavy, and also like it's in molasses due to the speed nerfs the last year since I last played it on the Test Server, so you like many other tanks have ruined a once enjoyable tank.

Why do you guys keep making all tanks of the game worse and worse?  It's only made a worse game, not a balanced one.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #27 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 04:15

Major

• Players
  • 15566 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

View Postleeuniverse, on Apr 18 2017 - 19:57, said:

Light Tanks

Remove Physics from light tanks, so they can be controllable again, and just keep Handbrake Turn, this will allow you to add good "traverse" speeds without the tanks becoming uncontrollable like they now do.

Remove the nerfs to Lights "viewranges".  Lights SHOULD have better viewrange and camo than tanks of the game.  Just because they have decent guns doesn't change this fact.

Lights STILL overall suck more than other tanks, so there's nothing wrong with them being a little more balanced compared to other tanks.

You wonder why people don't scout with tanks, well this is why, and they're lacking the real speeds they should have.  Everyone knows viewrange is more important than camo.

Sheridan, partially uncontrollable because of the physics.  Bloom should be cut in Half, Reload reduced by 1 secs to just over 17 sec's.

T49, Should have the stats of the current Sheridan, with also bloom cut in half.  Both tanks it's unacceptable you're missing a tank often when just 5 feet away.  Also, accuracy nerfs in the last year made the T49 terrible, and it was already terrible, but now you're constantly shooting the ground, and your constantly missing when tanks drive right in front of you, but you could hit them before as long as you allowed your bloom to go down and you were mostly stationary.  So, the T49 needs the stats of the Sheridan, including it's turning (though without the physics) it's turning radius is monstrous, though it does seem more controllable compared to current T49, though again, the problem is the physics causing this imbalance between control and maneuverability.  Lights were perfect in speeds and controllability before the physics came along, except they should have been faster on the "low-end" power/acceleration still.

QUESTION...?  Why is it okay for TD's and other tanks to do high damage shots consistently without terrible bloom, but these tanks can't?  You've nerfed them FAR too much.

Their bloom CAN be cut in half without making them "op", or at least by 1/3.  And if you really think that will occur, then I'm fine if the Derp Max damage shots are only allowed to do 500-700, instead of 700-1100.

We NEED these tanks to be slightly more "reliable".

Bulldog, If you're going to reduce it's clip, then you need to reduce it's reload also to like 20 sec's, like the T71.  Also, your accuracy nerfs in the last year makes this tank shoot the ground now, even when Server Reticle is fully down, ridiculous how you've made tank accuracy, not only that, it and the new HWK Tier 8 tank MISS many shots when shooting on the move.  Another example of accuracy nerfs being too much is AMX 50 100 was hard before, but now it's worthless to play.

M7, if you're making it a Light, then you need to speed it up and reduce it's bloom and increase it's pen (can't pen even the sides of many armored tanks without using gold).

This didn't used to be a problem years ago when accuracy was decent, and you could shoot for example the side hatch of the Churchhill III.  But now bloom/accuracy is so bad, you HAVE to shoot at the entire side of the tank to even hit the tank (though you'll even miss that often).

ELC, you should not have touched it's speed.  You already made it massively slow over the last year, but this is insane.  The ELC can't even drive backwards faster than a massive heavy, let alone forward speed.

BTW, honorable mention....  Used to always look forward to getting the Centurian 7/1, but driving it on the Test Server it drives like a Heavy, and also like it's in molasses due to the speed nerfs the last year since I last played it on the Test Server, so you like many other tanks have ruined a once enjoyable tank.

Why do you guys keep making all tanks of the game worse and worse?  It's only made a worse game, not a balanced one.

just a suggestion for sheridan.  arty stun on its 152mm.   could be fun

RealBadNoob #28 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 04:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8513 battles

Want some constructive criticism? I've got a whole bunch for ya.

Y'all know what a farce is? Because that's what this update is to all mid-tier LT's, a farce. And for those who don't know, a farce is something that would be comical, or hysterical if it weren't so fekking tragic. And that's what this "patch" is.

Allow me a moment to vent, particularly about the tier 5's. As my signature below clearly shows, I spend 41% of my gaming time in LT's, and almost 25% of all my time is spent in the ELC, the tank that was once a potent machine in the hands of those who knew how to play it. But don't be fooled, just about any tank can be incredible when played by those who have a true mastery of it - be it the Luchs, the Chaffee, MT, 59, or hell just about any other tank if we're being honest with ourselves (I've seen players with 14k+ games with the Pz IV H, ffs). 

But what did this "patch" do? They say they needed to be "rebalanced" since they weren't getting a +1 MM to their tier. But if that were the case, that would mean that all mid-tier LT's were "unbalanced" for 2 of their 3 games. That isn't right, there's no way LT's can be "unbalanced" that often and not have a communal uproar about it, constantly. I'm not talking about one or two butthurt players who are sick of not putting in the time to get good and are outflanked by a faster tank (that happens to LT's too, by Croms or other LT's, get used to it, I have - I [edited]and move on). A top tier tank should feel like a damn top tier tank. So in the case of the ELC, in tier 6 games I felt as though I was truly top tier - and that's how it was supposed to frickin' be. 

So here's the kicker. Since you removed the +3 MM from LT's, that now means that we can see -2 tiers, and in the case of my ELC, I can now see tier 3's. Woopty [edited]in'  doo. I don't want to see tier 3's, tier 3's are trash, I want to see tier 8's. I tiered up with tier 6 LT's with my ELC occasionally so I could see tier 9's. The ELC is what they call a true skill-tank. A tank that takes a good amount of time to truly master. There are a great handful of players who are decent with it, and way more who are horrible with it. Then there's a select few who are stellar with the ELC because they put in the [edited]in' time to do so - hell, there are entire frickin' clans dedicated to playing only the ELC because of its uniqueness. And the exact same could be said with the Chaffee, Leopard, MT, 59, etc. Sure, some LT's might be more noob friendly than others, but is anyone really gonna deny that a Chaffee would probably own an ELC when played by equally skilled players? Even with an amazing crew like mine (and no rammer) it takes 11.5 seconds to reload (now 13.5, thanks WG). A Chaffee could easily finish off an ELC in that time.

However I'm getting away from the point. I played some games with my "new" ELC in team training and random battles - because everyone is saying, "try it before you bash it," OK fair enough, I've tried your soup - the first thing that hit me was how unbelievably sluggish I felt. I have a maxed crew and almost 4 crew skills, one of which is Off-Road Driving. And even with that and BiA and Vents, I could barely crawl up the hill in Westfield. With this crew that I've grinded and paid my dues for, I used to fly up those hills at 50+ km/h. Now I'm lucky if I'm 30+. And let's not even get started on how the Luchs has more hitpoints than the ELC now. Or how the ELC only has like 80 more DPM than the Luchs. Again, the term farce can be used rather well here. In fact, when compared to other similar tanks, it's a total crapshow. The Chaffee has over 500 more DPM, the Leopard has 875 more, as does the T-50. And let's not get started on the T67. Just use that to scout instead of the Chaffee. Similar top speed and engine power, over 1K+ DPM, and the camo value when moving is only 5% less, thus the stationary camo is almost 15% better (with a maxed crew, camo, camo skill, and net).

My conclusions. The Leopard, the T-50, the Chaffee, the ELC, the T67, what do they all have in common? A top speed all within 2 km/h of each other (the Luchs could be thrown in this too, its top speed is 60). Know what the range was before this update? 17 km/h. 77 was the old Chaffee speed, 60 was that of the Leopard (the T-50 was previously tier 4, thus only had a 52km/h top speed). Know what else they have in common? Their engine power to weight ratio. That ranges from 21.11 (T-50) to 26.97 (Chaffee), which is a total difference of 5.86. Know what the range was before? Over twice the previously mentioned ratio: 11.6 horsepower per ton. That ranged from 25.3 (Chaffee) to 36.98 (ELC), and yes, the ELC lost nearly 15 hp/t in this "patch." Know what else they are all very similar in? Penetration. Previously, their pen ranged from 95 mm (Leopard) all the way up to 176 mm (ELC - that's only comparing the tier 5's). That's a whopping difference of 81 mm of penetration. Know what the difference between all the above listed tanks is now? 90 mm (T-50) to 128 mm (T67), and if we're not including a f**king tank destroyer, the range becomes even smaller, 90 mm to 120 mm (ELC). Easy math, difference is only 30 mm of penetration. So y'all see where am I going with this? Wanna be unique? Too bad, f*ck you. You all get 60km/h top speed, you all get 21-26 hp/t ratio, you all get 90-120 pen. Deal with it. Oh, and f*ck you ELC, you get 1K DPM, just like the tier [edited]4 Luchs, while the T-50 and Leopard get 2K.

Enough said? WarGaming...stop making a homogeneous mess of light tanks. Each tank used to have it's own niche, it's own awesome play-style. The Chaffee had its blazing top speed and all-around good gun with good turret traverse speed, the ELC could climb hills like a fekkin' goat and pen even higher tiered heavy tanks, the Leopard could turn on a dime and could clip the crap out of any lightly armored vehicle it came up against, particularly LT's, arty, and many lightly armored mediums. They were all so different and so cool. There was variety, be it while passive or active scouting. Now the only thing they really vary in is DPM. And if we're being honest and looking at the only four tier 5 LT's available, the ELC, Chaffee, T-50, and Leopard, there's only 3 DPM's to choose from: 1K, 1.5K and 2K. How creative.

My solutions:

Give them back their old stats. All of them (for the tier 5's (didn't do enough digging to see if all tiers should be like this, but I'd assume so)). 

Give them back their +3 MM and change the -2 to -1.

Or

Take away their -2 MM, so they can only be +2 and -1, and give them their stats back.

Or

Just move the old LT's up a tier to what they already tiered up as anyway (with old stats). Then you don't even have to edit the stats and everyone can keep playing *almost* as if nothing happened except some cool (or used to be) tier 10's were added (and maybe some fun, new, UNIQUE tier 5's?).

Last words. I want to play unique tanks. I want tanks to be different. I don't want them to all share the same top speed, power ratio, penetration. That's dumb and boring, plain and simple. I'm not going to play my ELC anymore. It's not as fun as it used to be. I've invested almost 25% of my tanking career into that tank, and this "patch" has taken that away from me. It's not the same tank it once was. And I feel this way about a lot of the tanks I play (TOG, Crom B, old 13-90, Bulldog, E25, etc), I enjoy the quirkiness of these tanks. Although some of them are much more noob friendly than others, there are many tanks that players like that have glaring faults, but master their positives and become deadly tankers. 

I'm not the only one thinking this. I'm sure others feel the same way about the MT and its 30-round clip, or the 59 and its funky auto-loader, or the VK and its 105 derp. Just, why? Why take away what we found fun? To "rebalance"? No. That's a weak excuse. That means tanks were "unbalanced" 2 out of 3 games, and that's clearly not been the case. If it's only because they now go -2, then take away the -2, give them -1 and +2. I'd prefer +3 but whatever.

Hope someone actually takes the time to read this. My mind has been literally everywhere and I've taken almost 3 hours to compose this. I'm sure I'm missing things I wanted to say. Guess I'll just finish with this: Glad they didn't touch the T67 or Crom B, because I'm going to be cherry picking all the poor fools who try to perform in these horribly sluggish, sightless, nerffed LT's.

#BringBackLTs
#LightTankLivesMatter

leeuniverse #29 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 05:59

Major

• Players
  • 27500 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Apr 18 2017 - 20:15, said:

just a suggestion for sheridan.  arty stun on its 152mm.   could be fun

1. I would prefer stun just be gotten rid of.

2. It's not good for a tank because you often have to shoot enemy close to yourself and/or ally's and that's not a good mechanic to be having lol.

It's why it's splash isn't even very big, because of that.

dunniteowl #30 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 06:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 16098 battles

I can't speak to the tier X vehicles, but I get to my Garage and my Tier V UK LT Crusader is now a Medium Tank?  I suppose I don't really mind that it's a Medium now, except that the reason I had an LT in my UK line is that I was, you know, grinding an LT class in that line.  So now I don't have an LT.  I got two Mediums now, though.  So I guess, thanks?

Hey, it's all free, I'm just a bit plussed is all.  I now have to decide:  Use up my last available garage slot for my UK LT grind or add that last 5th unit into my Swedish Line?  Thanks for creating a FTPP dilemma.

Haven't really noticed any major differences yet, though I've only played a few matches.  Then I discovered I no longer had an UK LT.  So I'm a bit disappointed by that.

GL, HF & HSYBF

(Free To Play Pubbie)

TheJeep1 #31 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 06:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 16376 battles
SP1C is a complete joke now.  7-8 second reload?  Really?  I just played 2 matches, in both matches I came up against AMX13-75, seems it didn't get nerfed at all, as they both shot me 6 times to my 1 shot.  At least with the other gun (one where I had 3 shots in 9 seconds) I had a chance to kill something every once in a while.  This crappy gun now has horrible pen, long reload, and crap damage.

warco3 #32 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 10:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8268 battles

View PostLastoftheFallen, on Apr 18 2017 - 21:09, said:

Being one of only 3 top tier tanks with a light tank (tier 6+) and terrible accuracy makes you more of a detriment to your team than being the only bottom tier tank facing everything 3 tiers higher than you (in the old MM).

​Top tier in my AMX 12 t and I got 4 kills. Did just fine. 

Spartan_Striker #33 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 12:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19981 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

Tier 10 lights need view range back at the very least.

RU251 now has worse dpm than the t54 ltwt, which is very messed up.

Also, bulldog needs dpm compensation for changes to the autoloader.

Otherwise it is amazing!!

Edited by Spartan_Striker, Apr 19 2017 - 12:45.

mumblecorefilms #34 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 13:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34217 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E
i like the changes, about time the lights were turned into what they are. lights.....

Shoten #35 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 13:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21503 battles

Small sample size - Day 1 

Don't have light tanks at Tier X. Won't comment.

Tier 5-7 lights playing in the new MM can be quite OP when given top tier (Mediums and Heavies also feel this way in new MM). That said, light tanks were designed to fight in up-tiered situations, fighting down to tiers 3/4 in your mid tier lights doesn't yield nearly as much XP or credits.

• Tier 6 lights all seem like clones. VK 28.01, T21 and T37 gun and handling feel very similar.  
  • M7 seems lackluster. I want to point at the acceleration (lack of) but it could be the view range as well. 
  • Crusader...Plays like it previously did. Unsure of the reason to move it to a medium class vehicle (especially if WG plans to introduce a British light tank line in future).
  • T71 won't feel like a dirty little secret in the American tech tree as anyone grinding up the light tank line will now have to play this tank to progress. Overall feels same, time between rounds increased? 

I had most success when staying mobile and "surfing" the battlefield. When trying to play sneaky scout (jump from bush to bush) the tanks felt to sluggish to get out of trouble and I was dead soon after being spotted.

*Disclaimer - I did not participate in Sandbox or Public Test of lights* 

I don't understand all the wailing and gnashing of teeth. The tanks I've played all seem competitive and can contribute. Now, if there is a major drop-off in performance in the new up-tiered Tier IX lights or new Tier X lights (specifically about other classes being able to out-spot light tanks) I understand the discontent.

Ivanna_bigggatank #36 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 13:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17415 battles
  • [EGR] EGR
The AMX ELC was just fine before.  They KILLED the speed which was one of, if not the greatest asset.  I was just beginning to enjoy playing it and now it's useless.  Too slow, no pen.  All for a revolving turret? Was that some hand out for players who don't want to take the time to learn how to properly play this tank?  I know it's taken a while for me.  As far as the tiers go, you're in a light tank, just about everything is going to hurt you.  But only if they catch you, which now they can.

mumblecorefilms #37 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 13:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34217 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E

View PostIvanna_bigggatank, on Apr 19 2017 - 07:29, said:

The AMX ELC was just fine before.  They KILLED the speed which was one of, if not the greatest asset.  I was just beginning to enjoy playing it and now it's useless.  Too slow, no pen.  All for a revolving turret? Was that some hand out for players who don't want to take the time to learn how to properly play this tank?  I know it's taken a while for me.  As far as the tiers go, you're in a light tank, just about everything is going to hurt you.  But only if they catch you, which now they can.

let me get out my violin. maybe you should just sell it and move on to something else like a fv304.lol

BeattleBailey83 #38 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 14:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6861 battles
  • [FKR] FKR
the speed of the lights was nerfed too much IMHO

Andreas_Jager #39 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 14:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7214 battles
  • [-NXL-] -NXL-

Across the boards, light tanks should have the highest base view range. Mediums could be close, but not equal to Lights in the view range arena. The defining abilities of light tanks are view range, mobility, and camo. Mobility has been nerfed in regards to top speed and buffed in regards to acceleration. View range has been nerfed. Guns have been nerfed. Camo remains untouched. In my not so humble opinion, the nerfs were a bit much.

The M4 Sherman should not have a base view range of 370 while the best tier 5 light tank view range is 360. Why? Because medium tanks can and do fit Optics. I know I do. Medium tanks also train BiA, Recon, and Situational Awareness. I know I do. I also train them in my light tanks.

If light tanks are supposed to scout and control the vision game, then they require the tools to do so. If we have an M4 and a Chafee fit Optics and train BiA, Recon, and Situational Awareness....the M4 will out spot the Chaffee. The only way for the Chaffee to win is to fit Binocs and pray for a map with a bush. This is not right. In the vision war, Lights should win.

If you are going to insist on lower base view ranges on light tanks than what medium tanks have, the optical modules fitted to light tanks should provide a higher gain.

Edited by Andreas_Jager, Apr 19 2017 - 14:28.

IndygoEEI #40 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 14:31

Major

• Players
  • 46063 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6

View Postmumblecorefilms, on Apr 19 2017 - 07:18, said:

i like the changes, about time the lights were turned into what they are. lights.....

Be more descriptive....   How should lights play like?

Also tagged with 0.9.18 Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users