• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

leeuniverse #41 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 16:36

Major

• Players
  • 28888 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View Postmumblecorefilms, on Apr 19 2017 - 05:18, said:

i like the changes, about time the lights were turned into what they are. lights.....

They've always remained Lights.....  Even when our lights started getting more "battle" friendly, they ALWAYS still sucked because of their HP levels, Armor, Low pen guns, etc.

We know this because they STILL remained easy to "stat pad" in.  In case you don't know, tanks that are easy to stat pad in means the playerbase can't play them well, so they have lower expected damage values, so then the best players of the game can exploit them getting better stats.

I think what you really should be complaining about is HP levels of the game for all tanks, there needing to be at least double or so HP, and less HP separation between classes and tiers.  We need better "survivability" in the game, thus "irritations" be it auto-loaders, arty, or lights and otherwise wouldn't be as "bad" of irritations as things currently are for some.

So, don't blame lights for things.... they are innocent.

BulletMagnet3000 #42 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 18:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 45821 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER
The Tier X light tanks are a joke.  They are so much weaker than you initially stated they would be in the Test Server, so I will not spend for them on the way they currently set.  Justify all you want, but they are junk and your lack of courage to make them as they initially set is beyond pathetic

Machisman #43 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 22:17

Private

• Players
  • 28621 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

Increase the View range of LT's or decrease the view range of meds and heavy tanks. If you choose to nerf the view range of other tanks, then you have to increase the map size. It shouldnt be like, the scouts spots everyone without even moving on maps like (Mines, Himmelsdorf, Tundra etc).

Be it anything WG, you have lot of work on hand. If you choose to hear to your customer base, then you will hear millions of ideas and you will never satisfy everyone. For once go back to your drawing board and design the game as per tank role.

For players wanting to do damage in scouts, please dont expect that, its not the role of LTs. I know majority of the players are focused on wn8. So for LTs WN8 should be on assisted and spotting and not on damage. WG should change this.

Remove corridor maps, because LTs dont have any role on such maps and those are the instances where LT's are outclassed and basically ppl play like suiscouts. 

Remove arty, make the maps bigger and more open, provide good view range for LT's. All these changes will make the game better and on every map, every tank class will have a role to play.

As it exists, open maps bad for Heavy tanks, Corridor maps bad for scouts, meds and turretless TDs. Small maps good for none, it all depends on which team takes the important position. 

I have been playing this game for the past 6 years since 2011. Lot of things could have been better in 6 yrs. Some of the most important issue still persists. Dont test the patience of people who spend money on this game. After a while if we find a better game, people will obviously spend on it rather than wasting on a game which makes you frustrated.

Sometimes, people who play this game seems to have better ideas to fix this game than the employees of WG and i wonder why. You may seriously want to relook at your management to make this game better and quick enough to satisfy the folks.

Dangeroushog #44 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 22:39

Private

• Players
  • 6661 battles
  • [-A1D] -A1D
Other than wargaming making the AMX elc, and the AMX 12t trash the update is ok. The arty is ok however the light tanks need a lot of work.

Edited by Dangeroushog, Apr 19 2017 - 22:40.

CAttack1 #45 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 00:19

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20112 battles
  • [NOKAP] NOKAP

I don't believe that you did any good at all with the new light tanks. I believe that the new lights are simply just generic clones of each other, all worse than mediums of the same tier in every purpose but speed. They don't have better view range than the mediums and don't have relevant offensive capabilities any more. Just take a look at the French lights, with 20 second 4 drum 75mms, or the Bulldog, which takes 36 seconds to load 6 76mm shells. Lights simply aren't relevant anymore. Sure, they have speed, but speed only does so much in this game with the tiny corridor maps.

TLDR: You screwed up again, WG. Give us back the old pre-9.18 light tanks or give the new lights serious buffs to make them actually competitive and not simply bad mediums.

AZandEL #46 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 01:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23803 battles

View PostA_Defenseless_Kitten, on Apr 18 2017 - 20:03, said:

T-50 is pretty op again like in the old days where it just teleports to your base and kills everyone, is their a way we can nerf its speed again.

LoL thats an apt description.

AZandEL #47 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 01:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23803 battles

View PostQuemapueblos, on Apr 18 2017 - 19:34, said:

Hello Tankers,

Today we launched patch 0.9.18 and we want to hear your feedback! There are separate topics for the major 0.9.18 changes, please leave all feedback for Light Tanks in this thread. 

• How do they compared to the existing light tanks before the patch?
  • Do the new tier X lights feel balanced?

Details of Light Tank Changes:

Spoiler

Overview of Patch 0.9.18 Here

Full Patch Notes Here

Pretty much an across the board nerf/rewrite of every light. What do you think the reaction would be? Really what possessed you to completely redo the GD game? Roll out the arty and MM change and let your users digest. Just pisses most of us off when you randomly nerf tanks we have been patiently building up.

Pete_ram #48 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 02:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 13853 battles
The nerfs honestly didn't help light tanks in the new MM. They need reworking to be viable as a class. Give back what made each light tank unique too, instead of being statistical clones. They will be more enjoyable, and with the correct buffs to light tanks, and view range nerfs to other classes, light tanks will be what they should be.

FredSmith #49 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 02:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 25974 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6

The only thing I don't like is the compensation for what is now tier 9 lights. You took the camo off and gave full compensation for them as tier 8 light tanks. Then when the player buys back the camo, they now have to pay a tier 9 price for the camo they had already bought. making them pay more the rest is balance changes and honestly were not that bad. I think that was sneaky WG very sneaky and dirty.

Pete_ram #50 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 03:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 13853 battles

Being a light tank player, I decided to play the new tier 9's after having played around with many of the tier 8 and under light tanks. After doing this I have come to a conclusion. As is, the tier 9 light tanks preform very well for their respective tier, and play how light tanks should play. They can spot, have great SPEED and acceleration, and when they need to, can make enemy teams hurt for letting you zip around in their back fields. However, most of the new and changed lower tier light tanks lost certain aspects of their playing abilities that the tier 9's were able to retain. 

So Wargaming here's my proposal to you, find a way to make the lower tier tanks preform like the tier 9's can at their respective tier. Make them unique from the medium tanks, and give back the special tanks what made them special. I understand, you nerfed the tanks because the were originally intended to play a battle tier above their respective tiers, and you didn't want them to come down and be overpowering when top tiered. But if they can't even preform well with the new match making, and at their own tier they've been nerfed too harshly. Make this class unique, fun, and important on the battlefield without being overpowered. 

To other players, understand not everyone is perfect, and this is an example. Wargaming did something they thought would work, and for the most part it didn't. Have some faith, and give them some time to figure out Light Tanks, and to make them right, and how they should be.

Tahllol #51 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 05:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7411 battles
Only problem I've seen with the lights is they just sit and snipe everyone and refuse to scout as they can just sit back and rapid fire and pen everything while never being seen.

DRFESTERPUS #52 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 06:45

Private

• Players
  • 13252 battles
Not only are the light tanks bad right now, out of all the light tank lines to get hit with the nerf bat the French lights got hit the hardest. There clip sizes are ridiculous from tier 6 to tier 8. you can barely support your team end game because u have such a small clip size u can go in lose half ur health and do minimal damage to the enemy trying to help ur team out. These changes were made to make light tanks not be able to snipe but now they have to snipe because they get out spotted by medium tanks. The light Tanks need to be buffed. Specifically, there view range should be slightly higher than their medium counterpart by maybe 5 meters giving them just a bit better view range... nothing crazy. For example, give the Sheridan 425 meters view range since the M48Patton has 420 meters view range. The lights also need a DPM buff give them back the Alpha they had during the test server and then that paired with the slightly better view range might make them be played as intended ie. not sniping but actually scouting. 

Edited by DRFESTERPUS, Apr 20 2017 - 06:45.

DRFESTERPUS #53 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 08:11

Private

• Players
  • 13252 battles

View PostTahllol, on Apr 20 2017 - 04:29, said:

Only problem I've seen with the lights is they just sit and snipe everyone and refuse to scout as they can just sit back and rapid fire and pen everything while never being seen.

They have to sit back and snipe sense every medium tank that is the same tier as their tank will out spot them. They can't scout so they have to sit at the back now not because they want to but because they have to to have a positive impact in the game. Currently, u need to be in a medium tank to spot.

Edited by DRFESTERPUS, Apr 20 2017 - 08:12.

leechtime #54 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 09:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 11547 battles

How do they compared [sic] to the existing light tanks before the patch?

I used to love my RU tier 8 light German. I no longer love it. Some people say they have been nerfed in this patch but they appeared to be the most effective tanks in the games I played.

Do the new tier X lights feel balanced?

I can't really confirm this. But it does seem that when you have light tanks as the highest tier in the match, they have a great advantage.

delabusch #55 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 13:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 22274 battles
  • [BBICT] BBICT
  • How do they compared to the existing light tanks before the patch?
  • A: AMX 13 90 is awesome
  • A: T-54 LWT is great

• Do the new tier X lights feel balanced?
  • A: on paper they seem terrible - not interested in grinding for them at the moment

In general Light tanks feel great, though it does not quite feel like they can hold their own against similar tier mediums and heavies.

For instance - three top tier lights vs three top tier mediums/heavies would probably not be a fair matchup.  This is probably more a problem with class based MM than the tanks themselves.

Lights now feel like fast hit and run tanks, and not like scouts any more.

Tarak01 #56 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 16:26

Private

• -Players-
  • 2043 battles

To start, I have to admit I have never been a fan of light tanks.  They just do not match up well with my play style.  So with that in mind, take what I am saying as an outsider's view.  The changes made in 9.18 have completely altered how the game is played in lower tiers.  In the short time since the update, the lower tier battles I have been in, have been almost exclusively decided by wolf-packs of lights zipping around the map.  Slower mediums (Matilda especially) either crawl around trying to find an opponent while never getting a shot, or they are very quickly swarmed by an enemy pack and circled to death.  No fun either way.  Artillery is now being lit up almost immediately and constantly running.  And when you inevitably have to shotgun an incoming opponent, they recover from stun and kill you before you can reload.

I understand people like the light tanks.  It makes for an exciting game when you are racing around the map and swarming an opponent, but for the rest of us who do not like to play the lights, it has ruined the game.  When my membership is up in a few days, I will not be renewing it.  To bad, I used to really enjoy the game.

Edit:  Upon further play, I am changing what I said just a bit.  Leaving now, not waiting for my premium time to expire.  Bye bye.

Edited by Tarak01, Apr 20 2017 - 20:43.

Bavor #57 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 16:41

Major

• Players
  • 28319 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

How do they compared to the existing light tanks before the patch?

Light tanks feel worse now

Do the new tier X lights feel balanced?

Nope.  There is no reason to play tier X light tanks or even grind to tier 10 light tanks.  The tier 10 mediums are better in most situations.  Why would I choose a tier X light over a Leopard 1 or BC 25t?

Hawklaser #58 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 19:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13907 battles

While I have not played the Tier 10s yet, I dont think the changes done to the old light tanks were needed.

Honestly, I think the better route to have gone instead of nerfing all the old lights  for the +2MM change, would have been bumping their tier up one. IE left the Chaffee and Elc Amx alone in all aspects, and just change their listed tier from 5 to 6, as after all they were already treated and balanced as a tier 6.

weedemandreap #59 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 20:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 18234 battles
  • [LAGG] LAGG
Light tanks in top tiers wreak havok on lower tier heavies. Lights are supposed to be spotters, not destroyers of heavies. Tier 9 light tanks can now take out an O Ho with ease and a hull down T29 in seconds.If light tanks are going to be in the top tiers, their damage should be reduced so that they are more restricted to being the spotting tanks as they were intended to be.

BeattleBailey83 #60 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 22:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7874 battles
  • [FKR] FKR
You nerfed light view range so we have to get closer to spot, nerfed our ability to get away so lights get shot easier.  And now when we hide behind rocks and houses and such to maintain our spotting, we get damaged by arty of which you have expanded their damage radius.  WOW.   Just WOW

Also tagged with 0.9.18 Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users