0.9.18 Feedback

• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

OrnmiIler #481 Posted May 28 2017 - 02:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

View PostSparkyGT, on May 27 2017 - 12:03, said:

so far this non platooning option with arty is working out, havent spent near as much as i used to on this game.

+1

The great betrayal of WoT 9.18, which destroyed 9.17 dynamic, robbed life/passion out of game and thus I haven’t played in a while, or much at all, so far.

dratsaB_gumS #482 Posted May 28 2017 - 03:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 18310 battles
  • [M-MAF] M-MAF
ARTY GAMEPLAY CHANGES -
FWIW - I'm slowly adapting to what I'll call the weakened arty. Once upon a time, I happily played counter-battery or "Keep that heavy from coming around the corner and shooting my team" as both gave me points and helped the team.
Now, I stun more than damage, so it's in my best interest to try to track/stun lights and mediums who've poked out around a corner or are otherwise reachable by my team. This way, I get stun damage.
I play mainly my M12, my Bert, and, sometimes for fun, my SU-26. My arty now seems to bounce FAR more shots than it used to (HE? Bounce? I didn't know it could).
I've changed a number of my go-to locations as I must now aim for tanks that are visible (or nearly) to my team.
The battle assistant remains fun, except for my previously-mentioned dislike of the view angle changing based not on trajectory, but on if it's peeking over something. :-)

ThereIsNoCloud #483 Posted Yesterday, 12:31 PM

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10245 battles

WG:

SPGs are units designed to attack immobile structures, not moving tanks and even less singling out any 1 tank.  They are also modern unit (not really WWII era) that uses sophisticated targeting that wasn't available at WWII.

Mortars are small canons destined to hit at infantry.

So remove SPGs from the game, compensate players in credits, XP & gold and completely close that sad chapter of history that is plaguing fun and dynamic play.

If you need arty to dislodged heavy armored tanks it is because your maps are badly designed and promote this.  Maps are too small with 1-2 corridors or are all bowl-shape and no real strategies are possible.

And having arties also produce a paradox that makes players 'camp' instead of being out and shooting other tanks.

SPGs are a complet failure and a detriment to having fun.  Even with their supposed lower dmg (400+ dmg on Maus with Spall Liner, hello?), they are a nuisance that doesn't help the game at all.

Remove arty from the game. Period.

fwufs #484 Posted Yesterday, 02:34 PM

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3690 battles
  • [HAIL_] HAIL_

View PostThereIsNoCloud, on May 29 2017 - 12:31, said:

WG:

SPGs are units designed to attack immobile structures, not moving tanks and even less singling out any 1 tank.  They are also modern unit (not really WWII era) that uses sophisticated targeting that wasn't available at WWII.

Mortars are small canons destined to hit at infantry.

I'm curious, did you guys just never learn history or have any idea how warfare works? Or is your head just stuck up too far up your own [edited]to see facts.

UncrossedGore #485 Posted Yesterday, 04:12 PM

Private

• Players
  • 7001 battles
  • [USM] USM
Easy fix remove top down view and make them like tds with bigger guns end of story i just single handedly fixed 90% of this games problems 

HaMMerMaN55 #486 Posted Yesterday, 07:00 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 30016 battles
  • [PZFOR] PZFOR
You have screwed arty up so bad its not Funny. No Platoon Huh.... Really guess Ill just play by myself....Oooo joy..

Also tagged with 0.9.18 Feedback

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users