0.9.18 Feedback

• Please log in to reply
539 replies to this topic

Blizzard36 #21 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 21:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 11331 battles
  • [RABIT] RABIT
Not being able to platoon multiple SPGs together I can understand, even if I think 2 is fine. But not being able to platoon with other vehicles (SPG+LT is almost a necessity for some Missions) is the stupidest move in a patch full of stupid decisions.

Bravo4zero #22 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 21:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17717 battles
  • [5D4] 5D4

2nd Post not really directly related to artillery ....

We have seen the large guns on artillery restricted to HE only and damage halved, the stun mechanic introduced and pen halved. Will this be introduced for large caliber regular guns also i.e. Heavy 5/4, KV-2, T-49??? If not, why not? I hate being one-shot by those tanks when in a lightly armored tank as much as when artillery does it. Not requesting a nerf but asking because of consistency.

NacMacFeegle #23 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 21:58

Captain

• Players
  • 19973 battles
  • [LAGG] LAGG

It was a blow to find that arty could no longer platoon. It will now be more difficult to play with friends and complete missions.

The new arty mode has caused problems for some people I know - it occasionally sticks in that mode so that you can't go back to the regular mode, and has a tendency to glitch out in a nausea educing fashion. I find it difficult to control and easy to engage accidentally.

It's hard to evaluate other changes since LTs now kill the arty almost instantly in every match.

dagger3452 #24 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 22:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 10681 battles

How can you just mess up arty that bad? What is the point of having an artillery if you can't one shot a tank anymore? I have worked real hard for a t9 arty and all i used was AP, no splash wither a hit or miss. How do you just remove that thinking arty is to OP? I have gone multiple games where I have hit nothing at all when aiming circle was max. Before the update. Now you have only HE and reduced damage. I don't want that crap arty was just fine before you just have a problem with people on the game complaining too much when they really don't know how arty works. The stun stuff is OP if you ask me and the same tier matchmaking blows for arty when you want to be up tiered in the first place. Just put it back to normal and you will make a lot of people happy.

-From a dear player who has paid and played the game and is a bit unhappy for arty changes 

Rdrtech #25 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 22:20

Private

• Players
  • 9859 battles
  • [BGH] BGH

Played a few games with my SPGs and they are basically playing and paying the same or better. The stun mechanic for my larger calibers guns is nice and will take a bit of getting used to it so I can maximize its effect on the match. That said, I don't see this as an overall nerf of the SPGs (unless you count the not being able to platoon a nerf). It actually seems to have made the SPGs more annoying to other players.

One of the biggest complaints is that arty players are singling out the best players on the other side for perma-stun or destruction. 9.18 did not correct this in any way. The unicums kind of have a point with this. With this basic installation of the game you really don't know how good an "enemy" player is. But, with XVM, some mods, and a quick evaluation of the enemy stats, it becomes really clear. Not going to lie, I target the best players on the enemy side because it may have the most impact. I don't think you should have that much "intelligence" about the enemy at the onset of the game. About your teammates sure, but not the enemy.

Recommendation: make it illegal to see the stats for the enemy team or only reveal the stats upon spotted.

Just a thought...

Jensen_Blayloc #26 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 22:27

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 12163 battles
  • [GANG] GANG
Basically it is a change. Not good or bad, just different. People can sit in a corner and just click on people and bad things happen to the victims with no danger at all to themselves. It has a negative impact on dynamic gameplay, and is inherantly unfair. People will never like it. 

jpcrickett #27 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 22:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 23414 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

the hell  with this game

Gavel #28 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 22:41

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9734 battles
  • [4HIM2] 4HIM2

I've played about 10 games today in my arty; all of which ended in horrible loss (that's just an MM issue really, and off-topic). I can't say that I like the changes, or dislike them. There are definite pros and cons to the changes; but in the end, it's really about balance - Is the arty tipping the scales of balance towards more damage than any other tanks in game. Personally, I think that the changes to arty were great for evening things out, and actually implemented some of the very ideas I've shared many years ago about this topic.

Back then, I asked that the splash be widened to actual splash range (like realistic), and the accuracy lessened, the load times decreased significantly to that of a just slightly better than a heavy tank, the cost of the shells decreased, and the damage NOT be nerfed. The second shot at a fully 'ranged' non-moving target should increase your accuracy by at LEAST 10% on the second shot, going up 10% after each respective shot within a small radius without moving or re-aiming your reticle, until the radius matches your green aiming reticle at 100% accuracy after about 3 - 4 shots in the same area.

What actually happened is that the splash was widened, the accuracy INCREASED, the load times decreased slightly, the cost of shells stayed the same, and the damage was NERFED SEVERELY, but with a positive of 'shocking' their crew (which does nothing in terms of making me money for my expensive shells).

WARGAMING PLEASE READ THIS SOLUTION TO ARTY:
The next fix I see that NEEDS to happen in this game is simply this: Mark + outline our OWN tanks, but do NOT draw the outline of enemy tanks at all. The ONLY thing that should be marked is their LOCATION once spotted. This can be done by a simple red tank icon (such as is in the game currently - with tank, tier, name, and any other stats they may want in game). TAKE OUT THE INVISIBLE TANKS! Instead, let them blur in the distance, unless your commander has binoculars on while sitting still, which would increase visibility but still with limitations. Invisibility is SO unrealistic that it STILL shocks me that it's still in game! I should not know the exact location of the enemy's commander hatch as he sits behind a bush! Nor should I have a small tank go completely invisible in open field. WarGaming, your maps are not very large as it is, so there's really NO need for this feature, except to make foliage and hiding USELESS.

(Getting back to topic on hand) - If you took out enemy tank outlining and invisible tanks, it would balance artillery. Here's why:

With no 'invisible tanks' artillery has to rely on targeted tanks... this means that the artillery would NEVER see the full structure of the tank unless it was out of cover, and within view range of the tank. So, without actually SEEING the full tank view, artillery would be shooting at a centered red icon of the tank... NOT the full outline... thus decreasing its accuracy in a realistic way, without using code to decrease its shot spread, so that it doesn't seem like it's REALLY sniping, instead of artillery. This ALSO means that it's fair for players to be shot from a 'blind' shot, because it's going to be rare to have a direct hit. And, if they DO get hit directly, it makes arty VERY fun to play, while teaching the enemy the lesson of NOT CAMPING... which was the whole point in arty to begin with. 

With the above ideas in mind, you could essentially do this to artillery and still keep it fun for players:

increased splash with stun (as it is right now would be fine), decrease accuracy on the first shot - increasing by 10% each shot 'ranged area' up to 100% accuracy on the given target if the target is still in same area (and arty hasn't moved or re-aimed), and increased damage on direct hits to that of the hardest TD High Explosive Shell of that tier. 

As a footnote: you should also take arty out of any city map. Realistically, they would never be there to begin with, but would be outside the city. It would be ok to keep them on the 'half city/half field' maps. Arty is COMPLETELY useless in most, if not all, of the city maps! This would also give tankers a 'break' from arty on those maps.

That's my 3 cents! (Has to be worth more than 2).

mojave #29 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 22:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22050 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
The artillery changes are a step in the wrong direction. While damage decrease and splash radius are fine the stun mechanic is overpowered. Arty can now effectively as stated by wargaming cripple a tank however in a three arty game it is all to frequently that arty is permanently stunning any tank caught out in the open. The stun radius is so much that it is often the case that I am stunned by my own artillery. The accuracy of arty combined with stun radius now ensures that if arty aims at you it will at minimum stun you for 14 seconds. The effects of being stunned are so great that it ruins the game for me. I do not want to be stunned for 15-25 seconds every 40 seconds. Spending half my time in game stunned is frustrating and upsetting. This is by far the worst patch I have seen wargaming release and I have been around since before patch 0.7.5

Appleikid_YT_3 #30 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 23:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22157 battles
  • [T-W-A] T-W-A

Well, seems pretty annoying to get stunned for at least 14 seconds even if they do 1 or 0 damage to you.

Also, not cool to have ability to stun crew and then afterwards, have a chance to be left permanently injured until use of a First-Aid Kit

Arty received a buff, not a nerf or a change, and have ultimately become even more annoying.

Edited by Appleikid_YT_3, Apr 18 2017 - 23:10.

Masauwu #31 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 23:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 625 battles
While i agree the "stun" mechanic was an interesting idea at first, its final implementation made arty even more toxic than it already was. With 3 arties per team in most battles it's a huge mistake to add a long debuff AND improved splash radius AND improved reload AND improved gun handling. This is like a griefer's wet dream. With most maps being basically 2-3 corridors, every aggressive action on a flank means pushing around a corner, where any active play gets unfairly punished by debilitating and frustrating long and repeated crew debuffs that are far more frequent than the first aid cooldown. Even fast tanks can't escape these stuns because of the buffed arty splash radius and gun handling, while the slow heavy tanks will in time resort to camping instead of pushing - just to avoid the miserable and frustrating experience of the constant stuns.

securitycop #32 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 23:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18243 battles
  • [MCRD] MCRD

sucks but only mainly because one thing please read WG ...

http://forum.worldof...our-last-patch/

TheDodoSoGood #33 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 23:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2516 battles

It's a step forward for sure in some cases, but arty still needs work. Reload times and accuracy are up, which is causing problems. You guys gotta realize that being killed from the sky out of nowhere for 200+ HP is not okay.

Arty needs some help still.

SouthPaw48 #34 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 23:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 11336 battles
  • [HARM] HARM
Liking the arty changes. Not dying by one shot and instead the team being required to participate and what the arty is firing at makes it more dynamic. 

MakesSerbProud #35 Posted Apr 18 2017 - 23:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20528 battles
  • [PING] PING
While not getting 1 shot or crippled by a 1,000 damage shot 40 seconds into the game is nice, the stun mechanics do not fix the issue that is artillery. The stun duration is far too long, and the splash radius of arty is disgustingly large. I just got out of a match with three batchat arties. They effectively stun locked six heavy tanks by alternating magazine reloads. I definitely do prefer the stun mechanics to the cancerous alpha had prior to 9.18, but several changes definitely need to happen. Both the stun duration and the splash radius of arty need to be halved. The batchat arty should have a minuscule amount of stun compared to other artillery pieces. 

Edited by MakesSerbProud, Apr 19 2017 - 00:26.

LastoftheFallen #36 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 00:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35075 battles
Without getting into the stun mechanic or anything of that nature, can we get a few more shells for the M53/55 and T92 HMC?  The M53/55 has half the number of shells (20 vs 40) as the same tier Russian 212A.  With just over a 30s reload, the M53/55 now runs out of shells 5 minutes before the battle ends (assuming the battle goes beyond 10 minutes).

lamplight #37 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 00:10

Captain

• Players
  • 23895 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • How does artillery feel to play compared to previous patch balance? Played one battle, equally cancerous as before, just a different type of cancer. Totally ineffective as a damage dealer but has the ability to permanently stun somebody's crew, rendering them effectively useless all game regardless of the pitiful damage you're putting out. If I had to give the playing experience a letter grade, I'd go with a D-.
  •  
  •  
  • How does artillery feel to play against compared to previous patch balance? Whoa boy. Here we go. The entire concept of SPGs is broken. A top-down god-mode view that enables them to hit virtually every part of the map with no possible repercussions, the ability to do either massive amounts of damage (pre-patch) or ruin somebody's game with constant stun without even having to hit the target (post-patch) is fundamentally just disgusting. Short of a massive nerf to the point of complete uselessness on the part of SPGs these problems will persist in some shape or form. I'd give this a big fat F. 
  •  
  •  
  • Do you find teamwork with artillery has improved? What teamwork? That one heroic light tank running around doing all the work so that big idiot playing a clicker can blast somebody from across the map? The whole idea of 'teamwork' with SPGs is, once again, totally flawed. It's a one way street. Players in real tanks risk everything to spot for the SPGs, all so the greedy pigs can farm some easy damage. Like shooting fish in a barrel. So, no, the teamwork, or lack thereof, is still the same as it always has been. Another D-
  •  
  •  
  • How do you feel the economy for artillery has changed with this patch? No idea, economy is irrelevant at this point. If you're seriously worrying about the damn credit earning potential of SPGs when there's a million blatantly obvious game-ruining balance issues in your game, you're too far gone. F grade for even bringing it up. 

Poppa_Smoke #38 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 00:17

Private

• -Players-
  • 24326 battles
  • [MCRD] MCRD

Someone tell our friends in Russia that "improve" is not government speak for making things worse.  

Every match I saw so far today has had a minimum of 2 arty players and a majority had 3 arties.  

Playing tanks with three arties no matter how nerfed they are just isn't fun.  

I'm playing arty until Ivan pulls his head out of the sand.

Osseric #39 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 00:23

Private

• Players
  • 9034 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Arty changes are terrible. In my ConqGC I don't even really need to aim anymore. On top of that splash radius I don't just stun i take out at least 2 modules and usually 3, and then your stuck in the open with a hurting crew/modules coupled with the stun. The stun mechanic is even more frustrating and annoying than arty was before, and I feel bad for using my arty. The new reusable consumables I have mixed feelings about, but mostly it seems they were added as a second thought to the arty changes. Personally I think one use consumables add so much more to the game than a CD consumable.The new light tanks though seem to fit in well. I dislike playing lights so can't really give a in-depth opinion on them.

Overall I think the LT changes where a good thing, Consumables a grey area, and arty are are even bigger cancer that just need to be removed.

Edited by Osseric, Apr 19 2017 - 00:25.

LanceBrian1992 #40 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 00:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15797 battles
  • [FUREX] FUREX
Please remove arty completely your still getting almost one shot by them or your getting splashed by them and then your screwed if u cant get to cover like in some maps its still broken and arty is junk please get rid of it

Also tagged with 0.9.18 Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users