• Please log in to reply
559 replies to this topic

101MeatShield #341 Posted May 05 2017 - 04:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21299 battles
  • [CLOAK] CLOAK

View PostHideousHog, on May 04 2017 - 10:55, said:

I play 85% arty and spend over US$4,000 real dollars per year in the premium shop. My feedback for version 9.18 is:

• Problem: The stun radius is too large

why do you care? Are you serious, the stun does absolutely nothing to you!

They nerfed the damage to almost 400% on some of these arties! That massive blast radius your complaining about? REALLY? If I hit you with my tier 9 prior to the patch within that same radius I would get at least 400 damage and kill 2 modules. NOW!!!!! 11 damage and a useless stun that lets me earn some dignified amount of credit... AKA a participation ribbon!

101MeatShield #342 Posted May 05 2017 - 04:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21299 battles
  • [CLOAK] CLOAK

View PostMotok0, on Apr 30 2017 - 07:59, said:

Artillery is still a joke, i have a GW panther I use for my campaign missions, it's so incredibly broken, i can grief any single player I want the entire game. I play it for first victory of the day while i eat breakfast or lunch, because it doesnt require any sort of skill or even the need to pay attention. On open maps like prokhorovka you literally control the game without even using any brain cells. 

Too accurate, the splash is too large, the damage is still too high, and the stun effect is a total joke in general. You literally cant miss on any heavy or slow medium tank. Splashing through physics is lulz on maps like Karelia where small rocks are the only cover unless you're literally sitting behind a mountain doing nothing. Since WG refuses to remove this failed design, do the following: 

1. Remove stun altogether, it just makes for more griefing.

2. Reduce penetration to 1, no arty should be able to pen anything, my Jagdtiger (A very heavily armored tank) was hit for 900 for an M53 still, and lights/mediums still get one shot very easily. 

3. Limit to 1 per team per game.

4. Remove the ability to splash through physics.

5. Reduce alpha damage by another 25% OR set accuracy/reload time/aiming time back to what it was. 

ummm, excuse me but your not being honest here. Can you stop please?

I am a huge tier 9 American arty player and you mentioned my tank specifically. MY damage b4 the update was massive. My acc? not so much.. I could easily one shot anything and I mean anything lower tier than me. I loved to see that T29 with all its turret armor come across my aim.. 1600 damage, yup no problem!

NOW, ummmmm WTH.... My average damage is literally 176.. YUP, the highest damage I have seen yet is 406 and that was an ammo rack! Not uncommon to see 11-50 damage.. Have you seen how big my gun is and how long it takes to load? 

The only upside is I can not miss, haven't missed once since that patch... Wanna know why that is a good thing? Have you seen how much arty rounds cost?

For a victory in my tier 9 with 3rd in damage and highest in points I made 5k! Now, the loss... OH that is 30-50k easy!

That STUN does nothing to you dude! all it does is mark your tank so that when my team hits you I get extra points like spotting damage for lights! Maybe we should lower the view range of lights so they dont earn points too!

101MeatShield #343 Posted May 05 2017 - 04:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21299 battles
  • [CLOAK] CLOAK

View Post31B442SV5, on Apr 27 2017 - 08:24, said:

I played Arty pretty prolifically prior to the patch and I played it both on the sandbox and in common test prior to the patch.  After playing it live, here are my suggestions as a compromise to make everyone happy:

1.  Revert the Arty back to Pre 0.9.18 patch except nerf the damage or the penetration but not both.  This will do away with 1-shots.

2.  Do away with AP rounds. Again this will do away with one-shots.

3.  Limit Arty to one per game

4. Allow Arty to platoon.

5. get rid of the stun mechanism 

WOW, you basically want to just make art something no one will ever play....

GREAT WORK!

mikeathome87 #344 Posted May 05 2017 - 04:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 33145 battles
Arty are a part of the game, i have a t10 arty but play a lot more med/heavy/td games than arty. Arty should be allowed to platoon, if you want to limit to 1 arty in a platoon, that's fine but it's not fair in my mind to prevent arty from platooning at all. Overall i like the arty changes, but i do think the stun is a bit... strong? like i get stunned and basically i might as well be tracked with a broken gun and all my loaders dead... it's that noticeable.

dunniteowl #345 Posted May 05 2017 - 05:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 31410 battles

View PostQuemapueblos, on Apr 18 2017 - 20:39, said:

Hello Tankers,

Today we launched patch 0.9.18 and we want to hear your feedback! There are separate topics for the major 0.9.18 changes, please leave all feedback for Artillery Changes in this thread.

• How does artillery feel to play compared to previous patch balance?
  • How does artillery feel to play against compared to previous patch balance?
  • Do you find teamwork with artillery has improved?
  • How do you feel the economy for artillery has changed with this patch?

Details of Artillery Changes:

Spoiler

Overview of Patch 0.9.18 Here

Full Patch Notes Here

My answer to the questions above:

Playing artillery is not much different for me now than it was before the changes.  In terms of damage, I still manage to do a fair amount of it.  Am I more accurate in it now?  I am not sure.

Before the changes I got a couple of Master Gunners and a Sharpshooter in arty, so... now I just got a Master Gunner and another Sharpshooter post changes, got an Ace, HC, Bruiser, Arsonist, Fighter (4 Kills) in a Bottom Tier 5 Wespe, not realizing my gun was damaged the first time I got hit (just after 2nd kill) by a sniping TD until after my 4th kill and the last kill was out of LOS.  This seems to mean it's not a problem.

Playing against arty is probably less troublesome.  I am not sure that I care one way or the other, I've been stunned only like four times and it was 'inconvenient' though allowed me to keep going. Before the patch, and since the hit counter told me who/what hit me as well as from where, I didn't know how much arty probably was hitting me before.

That said, as I send shells over the heads of others, I'm thinking, "Note, that spot [shell lands] is NOT arty safe."  So when I play non-arty, I have a pretty good idea, based on team compositions, my position in it and the number of arty, map, etc., of my chances of being in any good firing position that might also be a spot arty could easily target.  I do my best to take the most low risk positions that provide the highest potential, though this is hard in some units depending on all those other variables.

Have I found team work improved since the changes in artillery?  You know, I think it *has* improved to some degree, though I am not sure how much.  I have played arty since I first started playing.  At first, early on, all I thought was, "How amazing that no-one, NO-one will protect arty units."  I played them, even so, because I figured that they must be easy to kill as well -- and they are.  So I thought it might be a good idea to learn how to take a crap unit in a dustup and at least punch one opponent right in the face.

Before the changes to arty the team work, being in arty in:

A] the low tiers, forget it; your team won't help you, they mostly don't know how and are busy being pelted by the other guys.

B] the mid tiers, you stand a decent chance; many players recognize the value of their arty, though there are plenty of those out there unaware of you or any other team mate.

C] the high tiers, you could be a god.  This made you hated by many (I presume, not past T5 in arty) although I suspect the better players for the most part will do what they can to keep a gun in the game to ensure a win over some ego/pride thing.

After the changes to arty the team work, being in arty in:

a] the low tiers, forget it; your team won't help you, they mostly don't know how and are busy being pelted by the other guys.

b] the mid tiers, you stand a better than decent chance; many players now seem to think a little less angrily of their arty team mates and I have seen a definite uptick in making sure that the arty's that are paying attention get the help they need.  I have also seen a much greater zeal by LTs on the Red Team in attempting to zip back and hunt arty immediately, while also causing a bit of chaos in the team's movements.

c] the high tiers, I have no idea.  It appears that arty haters gonna hate, from what I can see, though my experience has always been that those who complain think they have a much larger body of agreement than the others.  The other hand of that experience is that folks who don't have a problem with something don't complain and not everyone complains or did complain about arty.  So maybe no change here.

How do I feel 'the economy of artillery' has changed with this patch?  That's tough, because I'm not completely certain exactly what this means.  I'll take a stab, anyway.

I never carried premium rounds for SPGs.  I sometimes had some loaded with the secondary (HEAT or is the non-premium AP?) ammo, but I never carried Premium rounds.  I hardly ever used the secondary rounds, so in the sense that I'm not paying as much for shell costs, that isn't so.  If anything, with the slightly reduced reload times and nudge to accuracy, my shell costs have gone up -- AND my damaged was halved overall per shell.  Even so, I am still making positive credits with the amount of damage I can do in them most times.  Not sure how 'fair and balanced' that "equation" is, though it seems I can deal with it.

I think there might have to be a rebalance on how XP and damage is totaled for SPGS.  From what I can tell, SPGs have been being shafted on their fair share of the XP for the damage they do since I've been playing.  Again, I can still make credits more often than not (and only a few bad games in a T5 and bad connection) so I guess I can deal with it, though there is a definite disparity in the 'credit' SPGs get for the same level of damage other units do -- and it's significant.  Maybe it's time to revisit that now in fairness to the: halving of their damage, removal of their secondary and/or Premium rounds, reduction of their ability to defend themselves directly as well as prevent them from platooning -- even via an In-Game invite?

I mean, when you look at it like that, the small buff to accuracy and reduction to load times isn't all that much.  Maybe we could look at that Damage/XP issue, too?

Beyond that, I might be spending a bit more on Consumables, though, that's hard to say.  I think everyone is still adjusting to re-useable Consumables.  In most cases, playing IN arty using a Consumable might normally give you another chance to take out an opponent.  Now, though, with no serious punch potential up close (ought to be a proxy distance 'out of the muzzle' bonus to damage for them now) using a Consumable might be nothing more than a 20K silver waste.

In all honesty, though, arty is such a paper thin target once being hit that I rarely have time to use Consumables once that happens.

Hope that's useful as part of your 'collection of data' from your gamers.

Thanks WG!

ltjg_joe #346 Posted May 05 2017 - 09:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33095 battles

Circus World of Tanks, the clown joke they put on for artillery

I like playing the lower tier tanks (2,3,4) very enjoyable and fast paced. I have a tiers 2, 3 and 4 artillery. WOT came out with "new artillery settings for ALL artillery". Did they screw up! You need a 150 caliber gun for stun damage, anything below, no stun damage. Tier 2, 3, and 4 artillery guns are less then 150 cal. except tier 4 German Sturmpanzer, therefor no stun and they reduced the penetration 50% and damage on these tiers. Tier 2 French FT BS now has 19 (was 38) penetration. It used to take me 2~3 direct shots for a kill; now 6~8 direct shots to reduce there armor, very seldom a kill, NO STUN. Trajectory view is useless at lower tiers (they don't hold still long enough). In there wisdom the new "low explosive, low damage" shells are a joke in the lower tiers. You still have the same amount of shells as before, at the same price and use twice as much, that goes for all tiers.

xXkiritoXD #347 Posted May 05 2017 - 11:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 11318 battles
  • [GMDT] GMDT
con todo respeto para para wargaming pero quien mierd4 se le ocurrió bajarle la penetración y el daño a las artillería por si no fuera poco no se pueden hacer pelotones de artillería me cagaron todas las artillería de todas los países del juego 
esperare asta que corrijan ese error que pusieron en el juego o este mensaje estará en su buson de entrada de wargaming asta fin de mis días

muchas gracias por el juego era genial antes y espero que corrijan este fallo de parche 0.9.18

gracias wargaming

Cerrado

m0nk3ysaurusrex #348 Posted May 05 2017 - 14:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 34337 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
Artillery is still completely out of control and as a mechanic broken as ever. I am begging WarGaming to try a arty free queue for those of us who can not play a single game without being focused by them. If there are so many players who love arty, there should still be lots of people in a "normal" queue, as well as letting those of us who simply can not stand it also have fun by never having to play with it. I have lost a great deal of friend who used to play this game to other games because of this class, and it makes pub (random) matches VERY frustrating in my opinion. Hopefully some Dev's sees this and will demo an arty free queue, maybe even on super test. 

Edited by m0nk3ysaurusrex, May 05 2017 - 14:33.

DVK9 #349 Posted May 05 2017 - 20:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26102 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

View Postdunniteowl, on May 04 2017 - 22:58, said:

My answer to the questions above:

Playing artillery is not much different for me now than it was before the changes.  In terms of damage, I still manage to do a fair amount of it.  Am I more accurate in it now?  I am not sure.

Before the changes I got a couple of Master Gunners and a Sharpshooter in arty, so... now I just got a Master Gunner and another Sharpshooter post changes, got an Ace, HC, Bruiser, Arsonist, Fighter (4 Kills) in a Bottom Tier 5 Wespe, not realizing my gun was damaged the first time I got hit (just after 2nd kill) by a sniping TD until after my 4th kill and the last kill was out of LOS.  This seems to mean it's not a problem.

Playing against arty is probably less troublesome.  I am not sure that I care one way or the other, I've been stunned only like four times and it was 'inconvenient' though allowed me to keep going. Before the patch, and since the hit counter told me who/what hit me as well as from where, I didn't know how much arty probably was hitting me before.

That said, as I send shells over the heads of others, I'm thinking, "Note, that spot [shell lands] is NOT arty safe."  So when I play non-arty, I have a pretty good idea, based on team compositions, my position in it and the number of arty, map, etc., of my chances of being in any good firing position that might also be a spot arty could easily target.  I do my best to take the most low risk positions that provide the highest potential, though this is hard in some units depending on all those other variables.

Have I found team work improved since the changes in artillery?  You know, I think it *has* improved to some degree, though I am not sure how much.  I have played arty since I first started playing.  At first, early on, all I thought was, "How amazing that no-one, NO-one will protect arty units."  I played them, even so, because I figured that they must be easy to kill as well -- and they are.  So I thought it might be a good idea to learn how to take a crap unit in a dustup and at least punch one opponent right in the face.

Before the changes to arty the team work, being in arty in:

A] the low tiers, forget it; your team won't help you, they mostly don't know how and are busy being pelted by the other guys.

B] the mid tiers, you stand a decent chance; many players recognize the value of their arty, though there are plenty of those out there unaware of you or any other team mate.

C] the high tiers, you could be a god.  This made you hated by many (I presume, not past T5 in arty) although I suspect the better players for the most part will do what they can to keep a gun in the game to ensure a win over some ego/pride thing.

After the changes to arty the team work, being in arty in:

a] the low tiers, forget it; your team won't help you, they mostly don't know how and are busy being pelted by the other guys.

b] the mid tiers, you stand a better than decent chance; many players now seem to think a little less angrily of their arty team mates and I have seen a definite uptick in making sure that the arty's that are paying attention get the help they need.  I have also seen a much greater zeal by LTs on the Red Team in attempting to zip back and hunt arty immediately, while also causing a bit of chaos in the team's movements.

c] the high tiers, I have no idea.  It appears that arty haters gonna hate, from what I can see, though my experience has always been that those who complain think they have a much larger body of agreement than the others.  The other hand of that experience is that folks who don't have a problem with something don't complain and not everyone complains or did complain about arty.  So maybe no change here.

How do I feel 'the economy of artillery' has changed with this patch?  That's tough, because I'm not completely certain exactly what this means.  I'll take a stab, anyway.

I never carried premium rounds for SPGs.  I sometimes had some loaded with the secondary (HEAT or is the non-premium AP?) ammo, but I never carried Premium rounds.  I hardly ever used the secondary rounds, so in the sense that I'm not paying as much for shell costs, that isn't so.  If anything, with the slightly reduced reload times and nudge to accuracy, my shell costs have gone up -- AND my damaged was halved overall per shell.  Even so, I am still making positive credits with the amount of damage I can do in them most times.  Not sure how 'fair and balanced' that "equation" is, though it seems I can deal with it.

I think there might have to be a rebalance on how XP and damage is totaled for SPGS.  From what I can tell, SPGs have been being shafted on their fair share of the XP for the damage they do since I've been playing.  Again, I can still make credits more often than not (and only a few bad games in a T5 and bad connection) so I guess I can deal with it, though there is a definite disparity in the 'credit' SPGs get for the same level of damage other units do -- and it's significant.  Maybe it's time to revisit that now in fairness to the: halving of their damage, removal of their secondary and/or Premium rounds, reduction of their ability to defend themselves directly as well as prevent them from platooning -- even via an In-Game invite?

I mean, when you look at it like that, the small buff to accuracy and reduction to load times isn't all that much.  Maybe we could look at that Damage/XP issue, too?

Beyond that, I might be spending a bit more on Consumables, though, that's hard to say.  I think everyone is still adjusting to re-useable Consumables.  In most cases, playing IN arty using a Consumable might normally give you another chance to take out an opponent.  Now, though, with no serious punch potential up close (ought to be a proxy distance 'out of the muzzle' bonus to damage for them now) using a Consumable might be nothing more than a 20K silver waste.

In all honesty, though, arty is such a paper thin target once being hit that I rarely have time to use Consumables once that happens.

Hope that's useful as part of your 'collection of data' from your gamers.

Thanks WG!

good post.

I used to be in the top 5-6 in dmg with my tier 8/9's and now I am all over the place.

When I stun 14 times yet get nothing for tracking you and knocking you senseless bothers me.

I should get something for the stun.

As for you other tanks that whine about the stun you have so many damn options to reduce it to nothing.

Crew XP in repairs, buy a spall liner, use a small medkit, small repair kit and maybe a large repair kit.

That would reduce a direct hit from my M53/55 to like 0 secs with the consumables or maybe 4-5 seconds with a spall liner....

skychan #350 Posted May 06 2017 - 07:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 32719 battles
Please allow arty back into platoons.  This is a game I play with friends, right now I can't play it with arty because I cant platoon. Fix this.

ltjg_joe #351 Posted May 06 2017 - 08:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33095 battles

View Post101MeatShield, on May 05 2017 - 04:05, said:

why do you care? Are you serious, the stun does absolutely nothing to you!

They nerfed the damage to almost 400% on some of these arties! That massive blast radius your complaining about? REALLY? If I hit you with my tier 9 prior to the patch within that same radius I would get at least 400 damage and kill 2 modules. NOW!!!!! 11 damage and a useless stun that lets me earn some dignified amount of credit... AKA a participation ribbon!

Edited by ltjg_joe, May 06 2017 - 08:20.

smilidon #352 Posted May 06 2017 - 21:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 13422 battles
  • [AVG_J] AVG_J

Me and my friends ONLY platooned with each other as arty, you have essentially made the game unplayable and useless for me at this point. I spend at least $30/mo on the game and it's onlyto team up and play arty with my friends. You have now made that impossible and I will no longer spend a dime on this game until you let me once again play it, the way I want to play it and there a lot of people who feel the same way.

STOP nerfing arty every update, its beyond ridiculous at this point, it's much harder to aim with arty than any other tank already, it always has been and the rate of fire made it balanced.

If you want to keep arty from supporting certain other classes that they may be in a platoon with then only allow arty to be platooned with other arty, artillery being in a platoon fosters cooperation, it's impossible to be a "team" now as arty and you've made it that way.

The quiet majority of arty players have dealt with your bs and kept playing you just keep [edited]ting on us for literally no reason. Some kid making 30 posts about why he is mad that the tank his mom bought him keeps getting destroyed because he is an idiot bad player should not in any way influence how you change game mechanics. Artillery IS the backbone of armored warfare, that's how it works. I realize you can't be uber realistic but you can at least keep the fundamentals of how the way armored warfare works in the game. The main difference between this and the simulated real armored warfare is the complete lack of artillery.

This is going to cost you money and I hope you think satiating whiny snot nosed kids was worth it.

Edited by smilidon, May 06 2017 - 21:29.

ubhunted21 #353 Posted May 07 2017 - 07:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 1914 battles

I am a arty player and I also play other tanks but hate the stun feature even though It gives decent xp I would like the artys to have more penitration because having an average damage of 550 and only doing 200 is complete bull sh*t, so I'm starting a campaign Called make Arty's great again.

ltjg_joe #354 Posted May 07 2017 - 09:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33095 battles

Circus World of Tanks

I created a ticket about this:

I have a question about artillery

I have the German Pz.Sfl.IVb artillery tank. Online I was shooting with a German captured French artillery tank, the 105LeFH.18.B2. (no longer made) Both of us do not have stun capabilities. After battle was over I checked his stats and found that his gun is the same as mine, the 10,5cm le.F.H.18 L/28 Both 105 cal. Then I noticed something WRONG.

The Pz.Sfl.IVb artillery has:

105 cal.10,5cm le.F.H.18 L/28 gun

3.87 rate of fire

26 penetration

410 damage

0.72 dispersion @ 100m

5.5 sec aim time

HE Shells only

The 105LeFH.18.B2 artillery has:

105 cal.10,5cm le.F.H.18 L/28 gun

6.45 rate of fire

53/104/104 penetration

410/350/350 damage

0.74 dispersion @ 100m

5.1 sec aim time

HE – HEAT – AP Shells

Both are the same gun but a very LARGE difference in performance.

Why wasn’t the french 105 artillery been downgraded?

Is this an oversight or because it is a premium tank?

If both have the same gun; within reason both should have the same stats, correct?

I have compiled this feedback for you so you can submit it to your Development Team for further consideration. Thank you for looking into this matter.

Response from Clown World of Tanks:

Thanks for taking the time to send this to us.

Although the Pz.Sfl. IVB and the 105 leFH18B2 have the same gun model (the 10,5 cm le.F.H. 18 L/28), these two artillery platforms are actually of different tiers. The former is a Tier IV SPG while the latter is at Tier V. Whatever stats they have for their guns, it is best suited for their respective vehicle tiers in-game.

Nevertheless, we have forwarded your feedback to the Devs for further evaluation. Every feedback that we receive from players is highly valued.

Thank you again for bringing this to us and we hope you will continue to love World of Tanks.

This company has been built by gamers, run by gamers, supported by gamers and continuously improved by dedicated players like you.

Typical shuck and jive answer you get, no wonder people are leaving and going to "ARMORED WARFARE"

Another response:

Manny Dobbs

Hi ltjg_joe,

Thanks for writing in. Allow me to help you with this.

As my colleague already mentioned, the 105 leFH18B2 is a Tier V tank so it would definitely have some advantages over the Pz.Sfl. IVb as it is a tier lower.

This is intended for game balance as it would be really hard for the 105 leFH18B2 to perform if he has the same gun stats with the Pz.Sfl. IVb because the 105 leFH18B2 can reach matches up to Tier 7.

With regard to your query, this is intended for game balance as it would be really hard for the 105 leFH18B2 to perform if he has the same gun stats with the Pz.Sfl. IVb because the 105 leFH18B2 can reach matches up to Tier 7.
THIS IS WHAT YOUR TELLING ME, SO MY TIER 5 GRILLE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DOWNSIZED WITH 38 PENETRATION H.E. SHELLS ... ONLY...AND LESS DAMAGE, BECAUSE MY TIER 5 ALSO CAN REACH MATCHES UP TO TIER 7. The 105LeFH.18.B2 artillery has 53/104/104 penetration WITH 410/350/350 damage ALSO ...HE – HEAT – AP... Shells

Edited by ltjg_joe, May 08 2017 - 07:35.

ACandieCaneKilling #355 Posted May 07 2017 - 15:29

Captain

• Players
  • 62463 battles
  • [TRIO] TRIO

This new update is the best they have ever made for arty. It's more fun to play now than ever & it's possible to survive and continue to play the game after being hit by arty directly, even up to 7 times, which just happened to me in my IS 7 by a Panther Tiger & an M40/M43.

They are also making more now than ever before credit wise, but are complaining about how the pen is so bad, when compared to before, when it shouldn't have EVER gotten to where it was in the first place. It was so overkill it took away the entire game of any tank it hit so if you were the first tank hit by arty, you were no longer playing tanks, just GET OUT, that's hardly a fun game let alone playing a game at all if you are kicked out within the first 2 min of the game.

Just now, in my last game, I was being reduced many times over a little at a time by both arties (I was trapped and couldn't leave where I was situated so I kept pushing, moving as much as possible & both arties kept missing me directly but instead slowly splashing me to death, but they eventually did get me. It was a good game & I wasn't all mad about it either cause I had the chance to survive their attacks.

I killed 3 tanks & achieved 2127 in damage in a tier X game in my IS-7 & coming in third place in both damage done & experience earned.

It was a great game & do you know why? CAUSE I PLAYED IT. I got to play tanks which is why I was there, to play a game and have fun & now, when I play arty which is now more than ever, despite the fact I'm not really doing much damage per shot, I can still kill a tank if it comes too close me with a single shot & I'm able to actually make credits from actually doing something.

My efforts are making credits for me instead of just getting them cause my gun is so overkill, it's ridiculous.

If you only take 2 shots in a game, but end up with High Calibre, there's something seriously wrong with that game where as now, if I end up doing more damage to a multitude of tanks, it means I earned those credits cause of my abilities to damage tanks with my arty which makes me feel better than just getting a high score after getting only 2 shots in, but making so much .

However, I do have ONE beef which is the same beef I've had since I first played the new update. The splash radius is ridiculously too large in diameter. OK, I do like the lessor damage done, and its more frequent, meaning arty payers have to work harder to get it & I have to work hard to avoid it, but the splash radius negates that as they DON'T have to actually hit you to gain credits, kills or damage which is anti-skill related is it not?

You took away the super killing power of single shot kills but give them the same abilities with much less damage done but faster shots & a HUGE GIGANTIC MASSIVE SPLASH RADIUS. Doesn't this make the other things redundant?

Let's not bring the arty back to silliness with such a great effort from WoT with the current update. Please WoT, reduce the splash by say; 25% as this will finally balance arty out, making it fun to avoid, fun to play, fun to outwit & not overwhelmingly ruining the gaming experience for anyone & still making playing alongside them more fun as well.

I think the arty as it stands now is the BOMB, except for the splash radius, I'm totally up to keeping it this way for good.

GHR1227 #356 Posted May 07 2017 - 16:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 51275 battles
  • [TIGR] TIGR

M44 point blank range vs VK3002M.  68 damage!   He killed me one shot!

Lorraine 155 55 (not mine this time) last night vs a medium tank (I forget which one) on 68 HP on Serene Coast.

Last tank alive and could not carry.   Fire a shot did 33 damage left him on 35 and we lost.

These are ridiculous LOW ROLLS!    No way a 155mm shell at point blank range should not do massive

damage.  FFS wargaming.  You nerfed the long range hits.  Fine.  But at least let arty defend itself at point blank.

Edited by GHR1227, May 07 2017 - 16:20.

Belisarius71 #357 Posted May 07 2017 - 17:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 34816 battles
  • [CLKEY] CLKEY

Why cant I stun with my Lef? You sold me a premium arty that did low damage, but has rapid rate of fire. Now it does NO damage, and doesn't even stun. wthis wrong with you?

Why can't arty platoon? Arty WORKS IN SECTIONS in the real world.Didn't that fake tanker chieftan guy tell you that?

I want compensation for the goddamn money I spent on emblems and inscriptions. Why do you think it's ok to take my money?

Belisarius71 #358 Posted May 07 2017 - 17:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 34816 battles
  • [CLKEY] CLKEY

View Postm0nk3ysaurusrex, on May 05 2017 - 13:31, said:

Artillery is still completely out of control and as a mechanic broken as ever. I am begging WarGaming to try a arty free queue for those of us who can not play a single game without being focused by them. If there are so many players who love arty, there should still be lots of people in a "normal" queue, as well as letting those of us who simply can not stand it also have fun by never having to play with it. I have lost a great deal of friend who used to play this game to other games because of this class, and it makes pub (random) matches VERY frustrating in my opinion. Hopefully some Dev's sees this and will demo an arty free queue, maybe even on super test. 

How was it ever broken??? Do you complain about the Maus? The e100, the kv2? The waffle? The batchat? THOSE are [edited]"broken"> How about guys like you being allowed to still play below tier 5? THAT'S broken ffs.

Motok0 #359 Posted May 07 2017 - 19:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 16380 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostBelisarius71, on May 07 2017 - 11:39, said:

How was it ever broken??? Do you complain about the Maus? The e100, the kv2? The waffle? The batchat? THOSE are [edited]"broken"> How about guys like you being allowed to still play below tier 5? THAT'S broken ffs.

Maus is broken, as is bat chat, so is arty though.

Edited by Motok0, May 07 2017 - 19:42.

bFunkDaddyO #360 Posted May 07 2017 - 20:43

Private

• -Players-
  • 4239 battles

I play arty because I have a VERY bad tendency when in any other vehicle to charge blindly into eternal damnation. That being said, so far I am liking the changes. I have seen references to XVM in previous posts, but personally, I use no addons, so my fire is to try and support trouble spots when other tankers ask for help, or areas of high target concentration.

Quite honestly, until I found these forums today, I had no idea there was so much arty hate, although I have seen in-game just how hunted it can be (and will admit to a secret glee when I get an arty kill myself). In the spirit of thinking I understand the changes to arty, and that arty is supposed to be more along the lines of support, I changed back to my 155 from the 203, simply because I can throw more rounds down field even though they have less impact and splash. Given that this still seems to be too much for some players, how about playing up the support role? Has anyone, as a for instance, considered smoke rounds to hide friendly tanks from the enemy? Again, first time here. I don't know if something like this has already been discussed. Also, I have no idea how helping others by hiding them could be tracked to help with experience, Marks, or whatever.

Also tagged with 0.9.18 Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users