• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

_Enemias_ #41 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 00:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21095 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostVooDooKobra, on Apr 18 2017 - 14:56, said:

Removing the ability for arty to platoon even with regular tanks was not very well thought out.  And to add insult to I jury tank rewards is all about the platoon.  Which excludes those who play arty from earning anything.

I don't see the problem.

Scaly_Gamer #42 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 00:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 3575 battles
  • [SPRAY] SPRAY

Ok fine I can see them wanting to nerf arty. But I would like to be able to turn all my arty into free XP so i can go down another line because arty is practically useless and I have put so much time and effort grinding down a now useless tank line. So WG if your gonna make arty useless AND make it so they cant platoon fine but I dont want to have WASTED all this time on a now useless tank line.

_Enemias_ #43 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 00:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21095 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
This artillery change is not a nerf. It isa buff in some cases or a change in play style while still being unbalanced.

_Enemias_ #44 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 00:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21095 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostScaly_Gamer, on Apr 18 2017 - 18:37, said:

Ok fine I can see them wanting to nerf arty. But I would like to be able to turn all my arty into free XP so i can go down another line because arty is practically useless and I have put so much time and effort grinding down a now useless tank line. So WG if your gonna make arty useless AND make it so they cant platoon fine but I dont want to have WASTED all this time on a now useless tank line.

I don't see the problem.

Drew41 #45 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 00:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17624 battles
  • [R4K] R4K
Arty is screwed up now. It was very rare that arty did more damage than a good heavy tank player in a single match. Arty was not broken. It always came down to player knowing arty was in game and playing accordingly. Turning into kids game especially with 90 sec consumable reboot. Cant be called a consumable anymore. Lets screw with TD's next because they do way to much alpha. Whats the difference if you are hit with 800 damage in TD or Arty. Makes no sense. This is just way to screwed up for me to play i will let my 7 yr. old play for now on.

Dragonfly7 #46 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 00:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19816 battles
  • [LAGG] LAGG

View PostGavel, on Apr 18 2017 - 13:41, said:

I've played about 10 games today in my arty; all of which ended in horrible loss (that's just an MM issue really, and off-topic). I can't say that I like the changes, or dislike them. There are definite pros and cons to the changes; but in the end, it's really about balance - Is the arty tipping the scales of balance towards more damage than any other tanks in game. Personally, I think that the changes to arty were great for evening things out, and actually implemented some of the very ideas I've shared many years ago about this topic.

Back then, I asked that the splash be widened to actual splash range (like realistic), and the accuracy lessened, the load times decreased significantly to that of a just slightly better than a heavy tank, the cost of the shells decreased, and the damage NOT be nerfed. The second shot at a fully 'ranged' non-moving target should increase your accuracy by at LEAST 10% on the second shot, going up 10% after each respective shot within a small radius without moving or re-aiming your reticle, until the radius matches your green aiming reticle at 100% accuracy after about 3 - 4 shots in the same area.

What actually happened is that the splash was widened, the accuracy INCREASED, the load times decreased slightly, the cost of shells stayed the same, and the damage was NERFED SEVERELY, but with a positive of 'shocking' their crew (which does nothing in terms of making me money for my expensive shells).

WARGAMING PLEASE READ THIS SOLUTION TO ARTY:
The next fix I see that NEEDS to happen in this game is simply this: Mark + outline our OWN tanks, but do NOT draw the outline of enemy tanks at all. The ONLY thing that should be marked is their LOCATION once spotted. This can be done by a simple red tank icon (such as is in the game currently - with tank, tier, name, and any other stats they may want in game). TAKE OUT THE INVISIBLE TANKS! Instead, let them blur in the distance, unless your commander has binoculars on while sitting still, which would increase visibility but still with limitations. Invisibility is SO unrealistic that it STILL shocks me that it's still in game! I should not know the exact location of the enemy's commander hatch as he sits behind a bush! Nor should I have a small tank go completely invisible in open field. WarGaming, your maps are not very large as it is, so there's really NO need for this feature, except to make foliage and hiding USELESS.

(Getting back to topic on hand) - If you took out enemy tank outlining and invisible tanks, it would balance artillery. Here's why:

With no 'invisible tanks' artillery has to rely on targeted tanks... this means that the artillery would NEVER see the full structure of the tank unless it was out of cover, and within view range of the tank. So, without actually SEEING the full tank view, artillery would be shooting at a centered red icon of the tank... NOT the full outline... thus decreasing its accuracy in a realistic way, without using code to decrease its shot spread, so that it doesn't seem like it's REALLY sniping, instead of artillery. This ALSO means that it's fair for players to be shot from a 'blind' shot, because it's going to be rare to have a direct hit. And, if they DO get hit directly, it makes arty VERY fun to play, while teaching the enemy the lesson of NOT CAMPING... which was the whole point in arty to begin with. 

With the above ideas in mind, you could essentially do this to artillery and still keep it fun for players:

increased splash with stun (as it is right now would be fine), decrease accuracy on the first shot - increasing by 10% each shot 'ranged area' up to 100% accuracy on the given target if the target is still in same area (and arty hasn't moved or re-aimed), and increased damage on direct hits to that of the hardest TD High Explosive Shell of that tier. 

As a footnote: you should also take arty out of any city map. Realistically, they would never be there to begin with, but would be outside the city. It would be ok to keep them on the 'half city/half field' maps. Arty is COMPLETELY useless in most, if not all, of the city maps! This would also give tankers a 'break' from arty on those maps.

That's my 3 cents! (Has to be worth more than 2).

You sir have had a good idea.

MeanToad #47 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8192 battles

Long story short.

Unskilled heavy players are now happy and can stop whining.

Fail platoons fixed. Yup! Awesome.

No arty in platoon. Overkill. Limit it to one because you are destroying play amongst friends. The logic for the change is weak at best. Oh! and you still get focus fire from multi arty because we can see where all the arty are shooting now. Dare I say its even worse.

Arty accuracy. I can regularly hit lights now. Thanks but mature teamwork oriented spg's didn't need this.

Arty reload buff: T4-6 is now super stun cancer. It's like I have a sub-orbital rapid fire cannon. T8-10 completely useless to your team now. I actually feel guilty when I play them.

This be the the honest truth.

Grey_Mouser #48 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13738 battles
  • [LMBDA] LMBDA

View PostQuemapueblos, on Apr 18 2017 - 12:39, said:

Hello Tankers,

Today we launched patch 0.9.18 and we want to hear your feedback! There are separate topics for the major 0.9.18 changes, please leave all feedback for Artillery Changes in this thread. 

• How does artillery feel to play compared to previous patch balance?
  • How does artillery feel to play against compared to previous patch balance?
  • Do you find teamwork with artillery has improved?
  • How do you feel the economy for artillery has changed with this patch?

Details of Artillery Changes:

Spoiler

Overview of Patch 0.9.18 Here

Full Patch Notes Here

Feedback? You want feedback? Not allowing SPG's to platoon is totally unacceptable. The other changes I can understand, but no platoons? So when are you going to disallow TD platoons, or T67 platoons, or Cromwell platoons? Your feeble attempt to justify this ban can be used for any of the above. That's what platoons do, is target their force on single units. If you're so [edited]worried about game balance, are you going to disallow uniscum platoons? I hope there is immediate and large outrage at this decision, preferably one that costs WG a ton of money in lost revenue...

Edited by Grey_Mouser, Apr 19 2017 - 01:08.

Osseric #49 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:11

Private

• Players
  • 8426 battles
  • [R4K] R4K
You know what forget what i posted earlier. I quit until this is fixed. Just got out of a game with my maus and kept getting blasted by the same arty in cover because of that splash radius. And spalliners reduce the effect? Thats a Bold Face LIE. Cant do anything when I'm constantly being stunned by one arty at tier X. This is horrible and i quit while this is in effect. It's just so unbelievably frustrating and to make it worse is this patch wasn't introduced to EU or RU servers, meaning that the US is being used as a giant test server. Shame on you WG.

InvaderFlobee #50 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:18

Private

• Players
  • 13916 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P
I like to play SPGs but these changes exclude it from the game. Now it has become a mere stunner there's no fun in that. Seriously, it would have been way better to completely remove it from the game. I'm really disappointed by this version.

7D4 #51 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 15595 battles
  • [LDSK] LDSK

No more artillery in platoons. Seriously WG, do you really want to piss off a third of the people who play your game?.

(posting this comment on every related thread.)

(As I am a wallet warrior, WG should listen up. This BS will only hurt your stockholders in the end.)

gbblitz #52 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:21

Private

• Players
  • 17499 battles
  • [EATU] EATU
Artillery is easier to play, is frustrating to play against, instead of 1 hit kills its 15min of pain, turned toxic.

73Easting_ #53 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:25

Private

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 22911 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

The inability to platoon is a deal killer.  I play this game with friends, and if I cannot play with them, I will not play.  Civilization 6, here I come.

bclarke32 #54 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:29

Private

• -Players-
  • 2608 battles
  • [EATU] EATU
its not fun to play against arty anymore there overpower and its not fun to play 50% of the game with my tracks or other part of my tanks down for all the games i played so far with them. there are more people playing artsy because there mad about the same thing and thats not helping and making it unfair for others  

7D4 #55 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 15595 battles
  • [LDSK] LDSK

No more artillery in platoons. Seriously WG, do you really want to chase off a third of the people who play your game?.

(posting this comment on every related thread.)

(As I am a wallet warrior, WG should listen up. This BS will only hurt your stockholders in the end.)

AIBtanker #56 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 24553 battles
  • [SPRAY] SPRAY
Just refund all the experience, credits and remove arty from the game. It's not fun any more to play them.

Nonamanadus #57 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:39

Captain

• Players
  • 21855 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

Here is the thing, all the maps have points of convergence for the heavies to battle it out, when you get three arty on each side they saturate the area exploiting the larger splash radius. It has significantly changed the pace to the game and is as unpleasant as dealing with lag issues. 

A real turn off to say it mildly, arty just has to machine gun a zone and farm the splash damage points. It would have been much better to drop the alpha a little bit (not excessive), limit ammo and make accuracy better on the SPG to encourage thoughtful use of ammunition than to promote carpet bombing tactics.

P.S. getting one shotted did not happen all that often and certainly was not irritating as constantly dealing with the stun effects.

Heldar #58 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:40

Major

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 27298 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

Arty is still cancerous.   Changes did nothing but make it from one form of cancer to another.

Changes did nothing to the health of the game.

Palladius__ #59 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13855 battles
  • [-CE-] -CE-

View PostQuemapueblos, on Apr 18 2017 - 20:39, said:

Hello Tankers,

Today we launched patch 0.9.18 and we want to hear your feedback! There are separate topics for the major 0.9.18 changes, please leave all feedback for Artillery Changes in this thread. 

• How does artillery feel to play compared to previous patch balance?
  • How does artillery feel to play against compared to previous patch balance?
  • Do you find teamwork with artillery has improved?
  • How do you feel the economy for artillery has changed with this patch?

Details of Artillery Changes:

Spoiler

Overview of Patch 0.9.18 Here

Full Patch Notes Here

You eliminated the ability of arty to platoon, thus negating and deemphasizing the importance of teamwork . It's a big screw you telling arty players who wish to play with friends that they can't. You're giving all these benefits to tooning but arty can't toon any longer. Does that mean a single arty gets all the mission benefits and xp bonus of being in a platoon without platooning?

My six month premium account lapsed the other day. I didn't renew it having played the test server extensively and knowing what was coming. I have no intention of renewing it while arty can't platoon. The other problems with this patch--and they are numerous--are secondary to this one and I'm not going to consider paying a dime while arty can't platoon. What's more I'm encouraging everyone to do the same. If someone asks me about an MMO I'll tell them how buggy this one is and how unresponsive the staff is to its customers. I've found a new hobby.

Palladius__ #60 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 02:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13855 battles
  • [-CE-] -CE-

View Post_Enemias_, on Apr 19 2017 - 00:34, said:

I don't see the problem.

I wouldn't see a problem in you not being able to platoon with anybody, no matter what tank you're in.

Also tagged with 0.9.18 Feedback

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users