Jump to content


Artillery Changes

0.9.18 Feedback

  • Please log in to reply
521 replies to this topic

8_Trak #441 Posted May 19 2017 - 01:00

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22049 battles
  • 41
  • Member since:
    01-30-2011
My opinions of artillery this patch would be... Quite frankly I would have preferred what it was pre-9.18. Artillery was bad, yeah. You'd get oneshot from time to time but now you get properly crapped on from across the map, even in light tanks and mediums. I am sick and tired of being nailed by artillery when I am on the move in something like my E 50 or M 41 90 and guess what, I STILL see oneshots. Been popped a few times in the M10 already. WG, I think you [edited] up massively with this artillery change and I'd rather see artillery entirely removed or outright nerfed at this point. Being hit from across the map by someone you literally cannot shoot back at is not fair, it is not fun. This is not a balanced mechanic and you refusing to remove it from the game is losing you customers. 

EmperorJuliusCaesar #442 Posted May 19 2017 - 09:54

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16669 battles
  • 887
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostUnDeadDemon956, on May 18 2017 - 15:34, said:

 

Arty is a pos on tracks its not a tank, it couldn't hold up in regular combat. If arty was removed from the game entirely we would have a game about tanks, arty is not a tank. This change is a buff to arty and you cant hide from arty you idiot when they can shoot over everything everywhere on the map at anytime without risking their own tank. And also hitting everyshot everytime because arty rng is now more accurate than anything else in the game.

 

Look up the definition of a tank, arty is by very definition, a tank. Your feelings are null and void when it comes to a factual definition.  Arty is VERY easy to hide from, you don't know because you don't play arty, nor know where the safe zones are.  There are many things that arty cannot shoot over.  And every single time arty fires, he is at risk of getting countered.  If you get hit and don't tell your arty where you were hit from, that is YOUR FAILURE.  People whined and cried for arty nerf, well, the damage got nerfed, enjoy it.

Loatheing #443 Posted May 19 2017 - 14:38

    Private

  • Players
  • 27576 battles
  • 1
  • [FLAVA] FLAVA
  • Member since:
    01-31-2014

So it's ~30 second reload in an m40 now to hit a 704 for 15 pts of damage, no modules knocked out and a 12 second stun. Or to hit a m41 directly for 241.  My favorite hit was in the lorr 51 and hit a SP1C directly for about 100 and didn't even slow it down. The system is close to workable, just knock down reload times about by half again.  

I have discovered with heavies it is better to splash them than hit directly.  Odd incentive to miss.



Grey_Mouser #444 Posted May 19 2017 - 22:48

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 13738 battles
  • 438
  • [LMBDA] LMBDA
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

Any information on reversing the arty platoon ban? Can we at least allow one arty per platoon so we can continue to play with our friends who play arty? Are they still standing by the bogus rationalization that they don't want platoon mates concentrating on only one player, as if Cromwell platoons, E25 platoons and T67 platoons don't do exactly that?

 

C'mon WG, stop the stupidity!



UnDeadDemon956 #445 Posted May 19 2017 - 23:14

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25839 battles
  • 268
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on May 19 2017 - 03:54, said:

 

Look up the definition of a tank, arty is by very definition, a tank. Your feelings are null and void when it comes to a factual definition.  Arty is VERY easy to hide from, you don't know because you don't play arty, nor know where the safe zones are.  There are many things that arty cannot shoot over.  And every single time arty fires, he is at risk of getting countered.  If you get hit and don't tell your arty where you were hit from, that is YOUR FAILURE.  People whined and cried for arty nerf, well, the damage got nerfed, enjoy it.

 


Haha arty noob, arty is not a tank, it will never be a tank its a piece of crapof tracks not a tank, i repeat piece of crapon tracks. And there is nowhere to hide from arty, you hide behind a building they shoot building bam stun, your going full speed behind houses bam direct hit, your going full speed behind a mountain bam direct hit, your moving full speed in a group with 10 teammates arty chooses to shoot you bam. And about being countered by other arty the shell tracer effect is so minimal noone ever notices it, ever so they can just sit in the same spot all game and fire away at the enemy with impunity.

 

Also the arty nerf was a buff, they can now shoot and hit something everytime, reload faster and stun everything all the time because they never miss and even if they do miss they still hit you. And you can't be arty safe 100% of the time if you want to be successful in battle unlike yourself mr 44% wins, we actually have to go outside and risk our tanks for the win.


Edited by UnDeadDemon956, May 19 2017 - 23:17.


dunniteowl #446 Posted May 20 2017 - 00:04

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 16084 battles
  • 2,114
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

You, sir, have a very overblown opinion of how strong arty is, considering you think they are nothing more than a -- what was it? -- "a piece of crap on tracks," wasn't it?  How could you possibly have any angst over such a worthless vehicle that you can call it that -- and THEN complain about how overpowered and unfair it is?

 

You see the disconnect here, do you not?


 

GL, HF & HSYBF



ltjg_joe #447 Posted May 20 2017 - 01:01

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 20495 battles
  • 41
  • Member since:
    12-07-2015

TO ALL THE IDIOTS THAT DON’T MOVE:

My teammates spot you beside the rock, like a lighthouse you are glowing on the map

Your taking aim from your brush covered entombed surroundings

You take a shot at them, “penetration”, looking for the kill.

You don’t move an inch, hoping for that perfect kill shot.

You here an explosion and now your stunned.

10 seconds tick by and then your back up for another shot.

You don’t move an inch, hoping for that perfect kill shot.

30 seconds later another explosion and your stunned again.

You call artillery an (%$#& *& @ $*&#$) and get all ticked off.

You never use your med kit nor your repair kit

You don’t move an inch, hoping for that perfect kill shot.

Ka-BOOM, YOUR DEAD

You never used your med kit, your repair kit and never moved an inch

Artillery shot you 3 times and destroyed you.

You cry, whimper, curse and throw your mouse across the room “Not Fair”

You NEVER moved an inch, hoping for that perfect kill shot.

 


Edited by ltjg_joe, May 20 2017 - 01:13.


EmperorJuliusCaesar #448 Posted May 20 2017 - 05:59

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16669 battles
  • 887
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View Postdunniteowl, on May 19 2017 - 15:04, said:

You, sir, have a very overblown opinion of how strong arty is, considering you think they are nothing more than a -- what was it? -- "a piece of crap on tracks," wasn't it?  How could you possibly have any angst over such a worthless vehicle that you can call it that -- and THEN complain about how overpowered and unfair it is?

 

You see the disconnect here, do you not?


 

GL, HF & HSYBF

 

He denies the very definition of tank, he is therefore denying reality, and then lies about the effectiveness of arty.  I just can't have a conversation with that type of person, one that lies and denies reality.  He doesn't play arty, yet wants to tell others about the tracer effect.....pretty easy to see.



EmperorJuliusCaesar #449 Posted May 20 2017 - 06:02

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16669 battles
  • 887
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View Postltjg_joe, on May 19 2017 - 16:01, said:

TO ALL THE IDIOTS THAT DON’T MOVE:

My teammates spot you beside the rock, like a lighthouse you are glowing on the map

Your taking aim from your brush covered entombed surroundings

You take a shot at them, “penetration”, looking for the kill.

You don’t move an inch, hoping for that perfect kill shot.

You here an explosion and now your stunned.

10 seconds tick by and then your back up for another shot.

You don’t move an inch, hoping for that perfect kill shot.

30 seconds later another explosion and your stunned again.

You call artillery an (%$#& *& @ $*&#$) and get all ticked off.

You never use your med kit nor your repair kit

You don’t move an inch, hoping for that perfect kill shot.

Ka-BOOM, YOUR DEAD

You never used your med kit, your repair kit and never moved an inch

Artillery shot you 3 times and destroyed you.

You cry, whimper, curse and throw your mouse across the room “Not Fair”

You NEVER moved an inch, hoping for that perfect kill shot.

 

 

They want easy mode, and they will always have something to cry about whether it be arty, mods, prem rounds etc etc etc. 



ColSparky #450 Posted May 20 2017 - 12:05

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 8553 battles
  • 19
  • [MMAD] MMAD
  • Member since:
    08-14-2014
I agree with most people that nerfing the SPGs was necessary to prevent people from getting 1-shot by higher tier SPGs. However, I don't agree with not being able to platoon in an SPG. That is down right ridiculous. I was thinking this game was about using teamwork to overcome the enemy, but if I can't platoon with my friends in the clan because I like to play SPGs what's the use? I find that now playing SPGs, as some have stated, it's a waste of money because I am constantly losing credits as damage no longer applies to my SPG. Shooting shells that cost >1,000 credits to shoot, but only doing 250-300 damage IF hitting any enemy? Stunning and getting assist points doesn't matter. I've finished 4th on my team while driving an M40/43 in relation to exp, but still falling short 5-7k credits because it isn't balanced. This has gotten me away from playing SPG, and seems to be a waste of my time to get the T92 HMC. Help the people that do assist team members (me) with giving the SPGs a little more worthwhile meaning in the game.

dunniteowl #451 Posted May 20 2017 - 15:37

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 16084 battles
  • 2,114
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

My earlier report stands.  I don't think arty is really suffering from the changes and the salt is just as chloridic as possible...

 

Posted Image

 

No worries here, though the stun effect is probably not necessary.


 

GL, HF & HSYBF

(I'll be aiming to see you...)


Edited by dunniteowl, May 20 2017 - 15:37.


BIA_Kamikaze #452 Posted May 20 2017 - 17:04

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 36623 battles
  • 1
  • [5D4] 5D4
  • Member since:
    04-17-2014

ok i have given the new arty about a month to form my opinion. i think the changes made to arty are an insult. here are the problems with this:

1. a tier ten arty only gets about 200-800 damage per minute. (very low compared to other tier10 tanks)

2. the tank payout at the end of a match doesn't take into account that the shells do way less damage but still cost insanely high.

3. if arty is going to be nerfed that bad then they need way faster reloads and way better accuracy and splash.

4. the stun feature is just crap. arty should get to stun once every 30-45 seconds. not every dang shot.

5. arty needs super pimped camo if they are going to be this useless in a match.

6. arty tracers need to be removed if they are only going to get as little damage as they currently get.

 

i play the GW E100, obj 261, T92, and BC 155 58. all suck now.



fwufs #453 Posted May 20 2017 - 19:01

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 3974 battles
  • 156
  • [HAIL_] HAIL_
  • Member since:
    07-25-2016

View Postdunniteowl, on May 20 2017 - 15:37, said:

My earlier report stands.  I don't think arty is really suffering from the changes and the salt is just as chloridic as possible...

 

No worries here, though the stun effect is probably not necessary.


 

GL, HF & HSYBF

(I'll be aiming to see you...)

1 good game doesn't really prove balance. Note how you got master, meaning this was one of the best games anyone could have in arty. 

Arty isn't brokenly underpowered now, its just stupid and the changes were aimed at the completely wrong things.



dunniteowl #454 Posted May 20 2017 - 20:26

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 16084 battles
  • 2,114
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014
I think you're missing the point.  Some folks are saying arty is ruined.  BTW this is my 2nd ACE in this unit.  Look at that with a 21 Second Reload.  I carried the team.  Yeah, it doesn't happen a lot, but it shows that the arty changes haven't had that much of an impact directly on arty play.  Also note the Reaper.  I have several of those in Arty.  Bad aiming indeed.  Some folks aren't willing to properly aim in.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #455 Posted May 20 2017 - 23:57

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16669 battles
  • 887
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View Postdunniteowl, on May 20 2017 - 06:37, said:

My earlier report stands.  I don't think arty is really suffering from the changes and the salt is just as chloridic as possible...

 

Posted Image

 

No worries here, though the stun effect is probably not necessary.


 

GL, HF & HSYBF

(I'll be aiming to see you...)

 

It REALLY goes to show how many fewer people are playing arty when 1100 damage gets you a mastery badge.



EmperorJuliusCaesar #456 Posted May 21 2017 - 00:00

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16669 battles
  • 887
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View Postdunniteowl, on May 20 2017 - 11:26, said:

I think you're missing the point.  Some folks are saying arty is ruined.  BTW this is my 2nd ACE in this unit.  Look at that with a 21 Second Reload.  I carried the team.  Yeah, it doesn't happen a lot, but it shows that the arty changes haven't had that much of an impact directly on arty play.  Also note the Reaper.  I have several of those in Arty.  Bad aiming indeed.  Some folks aren't willing to properly aim in.

 

It IS ruined, only 1100 damage and a Mastery badge?  That means many people aren't playing it.....It totally sucks to play, especially tier 10 arty. Tier 7-8, yeah, arty loves it and everyone else hates it.  Put it back the way it was minus AP/HEAT shells.

fwufs #457 Posted May 21 2017 - 00:54

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 3974 battles
  • 156
  • [HAIL_] HAIL_
  • Member since:
    07-25-2016

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on May 21 2017 - 00:00, said:

 

Put it back the way it was minus AP/HEAT shells.

The lack of AP really does hurt some tanks. For example obj 261 relied on AP because of its ridiculous accuracy which made up for its lack of damage..  Meanwhile some tanks like the 212A using AP would make it stupid to play because you just wasted a minute of your time if it missed due to your crap accuracy or it bounced. Maybe just make each arty shell specific which would increase some variety as well. 



arunvarun #458 Posted May 21 2017 - 02:52

    Private

  • Players
  • 18252 battles
  • 6
  • [MILKY] MILKY
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011

View PostBIA_Kamikaze, on May 20 2017 - 21:34, said:

ok i have given the new arty about a month to form my opinion. i think the changes made to arty are an insult. here are the problems with this:

1. a tier ten arty only gets about 200-800 damage per minute. (very low compared to other tier10 tanks)

2. the tank payout at the end of a match doesn't take into account that the shells do way less damage but still cost insanely high.

3. if arty is going to be nerfed that bad then they need way faster reloads and way better accuracy and splash.

4. the stun feature is just crap. arty should get to stun once every 30-45 seconds. not every dang shot.

5. arty needs super pimped camo if they are going to be this useless in a match.

6. arty tracers need to be removed if they are only going to get as little damage as they currently get.

 

i play the GW E100, obj 261, T92, and BC 155 58. all suck now.

 

im about to get the bc155 58, but it has the lowest alpha and the lowest pen on tier10 arties. 3 shells that do 0 dmg and then a long reload.

 

it needs some buffs, and all arties need some buff in the earnings of game. ive had some great games in arty after 9.18(cos arty got buffed) but after every game, i end up losing credits.

 

arty buffs in 9.18 are appreciated, i love seeing heavy tanks getting permastunned, its a lot better than seeing em 1shotted. a slow and painful death to enemies is so good to watch, compared to a sudden painless blow



Jhon99999 #459 Posted May 21 2017 - 16:23

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 15038 battles
  • 2
  • [CMBB] CMBB
  • Member since:
    11-01-2015
Eu acho que ridículo esse atordoamento das artilharias, aumenta o recarregar, reduz a precisão, etc. E muito chato! Uma solução seria Retirar o atordoamento das mesmas!

Edited by Jhon99999, May 21 2017 - 16:24.


Jhon99999 #460 Posted May 21 2017 - 16:26

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 15038 battles
  • 2
  • [CMBB] CMBB
  • Member since:
    11-01-2015
Eu acho super chato esse atordoamento das artilharias, aumenta o reload, reduz a precisão, etc. Na minha opinião teria de remover o atordoamento das artiharias, pois afeta significativamente a jogabilidade, principalmente quando esta jogando de pesado. E muito chato! 





Also tagged with 0.9.18 Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users