• Please log in to reply
559 replies to this topic

EmperorJuliusCaesar #501 Posted Jun 04 2017 - 17:14

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostSerindial, on Jun 02 2017 - 17:45, said:

I think the arty changes were a good attempt to fix a broken part of the game, but it still isn't great, better, but not great. I get team damage from arty players far too often now and it drives me crazy. Arty players are NOT careful about splashing allies, and so if you're unfortunate enough to get in close with the enemy you can count on your own arty hurting you as you fight. This is very annoying! And then you get the 'sorry' as if they really are. If they were sorry they wouldn't have risked a shot on a close combat situation. This is still broken.

It happens more now because of the arty nerf, they are desperate for damage to get xp and credits.  It's awful to play arty now, but that's all some can do.

Palladius__ #502 Posted Jun 04 2017 - 18:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18208 battles

View PostOld_Purplethumb1, on Jun 03 2017 - 03:21, said:

Sadly exactly what I expected WG silence :(   Hey I have a novel idea, Maybe if you took some of those hundreds of thousands of dollars that you give away and hire someone (who actually cares) to read and respond to YOUR feedback forum. Seriously ! 

I've been playing about a year and a half and it took awhile for me to figure out what a mismanaged, non-customer oriented company WG really is. People would complain a lot and I dismissed it but the more I've observed the company I've come to realize the complainers were right.

Old_Purplethumb1 #503 Posted Jun 04 2017 - 18:51

Private

• Players
  • 26818 battles
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2

View PostPalladius__, on Jun 04 2017 - 09:49, said:

I've been playing about a year and a half and it took awhile for me to figure out what a mismanaged, non-customer oriented company WG really is. People would complain a lot and I dismissed it but the more I've observed the company I've come to realize the complainers were right.

+1 !

Sad really

Palladius__ #504 Posted Jun 04 2017 - 18:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18208 battles

View PostSerindial, on Jun 03 2017 - 02:45, said:

I think the arty changes were a good attempt to fix a broken part of the game, but it still isn't great, better, but not great. I get team damage from arty players far too often now and it drives me crazy. Arty players are NOT careful about splashing allies, and so if you're unfortunate enough to get in close with the enemy you can count on your own arty hurting you as you fight. This is very annoying! And then you get the 'sorry' as if they really are. If they were sorry they wouldn't have risked a shot on a close combat situation. This is still broken.

It's taken a lot of people getting used to the size of the newly expanded splash, including the arty players.

Daxman1 #505 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 01:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 49931 battles

I have been playing a couple years now. I've never had a complaint about arty........never. Even getting 1-shot occasionally, it didn't bother me because it was very infrequent.

After this last patch, I get hit every game, multiple times. For a person who now plays light tanks 95% of the time, it is a game changer. With the last patch I have shut my game off more times out of anger than ever before.

Why the hell would you increase arty reload and accuracy when the most heated topic on the forums is always about arty? Sure the HP damage might be less on heavies, but now we're all getting hit more frequently and the stun effect makes the game unplayable. Not to mention that we now seem to have increased module damage (there's a few topics about this and I totally agree), so we are forced to use our consumables multiple times per battle. Is it all a ploy to get us to spend cash for more credits? If it is, then screw you WG, cheap tactics for more profit.

33k games and I was still going strong........I would have played another 33k games. With this last patch, I have been seriously thinking about playing something else and it's a shame. I prefer arty as it was before the patch. If you're going to keep arty this way, you need to limit the amount of arty per battle to one. This is stupid.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #506 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 04:38

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostDaxman1, on Jun 04 2017 - 16:50, said:

I have been playing a couple years now. I've never had a complaint about arty........never. Even getting 1-shot occasionally, it didn't bother me because it was very infrequent.

After this last patch, I get hit every game, multiple times. For a person who now plays light tanks 95% of the time, it is a game changer. With the last patch I have shut my game off more times out of anger than ever before.

Why the hell would you increase arty reload and accuracy when the most heated topic on the forums is always about arty? Sure the HP damage might be less on heavies, but now we're all getting hit more frequently and the stun effect makes the game unplayable. Not to mention that we now seem to have increased module damage (there's a few topics about this and I totally agree), so we are forced to use our consumables multiple times per battle. Is it all a ploy to get us to spend cash for more credits? If it is, then screw you WG, cheap tactics for more profit.

33k games and I was still going strong........I would have played another 33k games. With this last patch, I have been seriously thinking about playing something else and it's a shame. I prefer arty as it was before the patch. If you're going to keep arty this way, you need to limit the amount of arty per battle to one. This is stupid.

Trust me when I say this, EVERY arty players wants it to go back to the way it was before.  Many quit over it and tier 10 arty is worthless to play.

ltjg_joe #507 Posted Jun 06 2017 - 18:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33561 battles

Artillery Changes: World of Tanks Forum

I'm an artillery player, tier 2 thru tier 7 and enjoy it very much

All crew's at 100% or better (Bro/Arms, shell rammers, gun lay drive, camo)

I will not go any higher then tier 7 at this time (it's not worth the aggravation)

Look back through the 26+ pages of pro's and con's about artillery in this forum.

Some players with a definite pro and some with a con issue.

Now look at the amount of battles positive response artillery players have. (over 12000 games)

Look at the amount of battles negative artillery players have. (under 8000 games)

The experienced players know how to avoid artillery fire (always moving, moving after being spotted, full use of cover)

The inexperienced players spot and stop to look for the shot when they intern are spotted themselves.

There spotted in the open, still looking for the shot, when artillery starts shooting at them.

One, stun splashed, two, direct hit, three, direct hit, there dead.

Artillery loves it when TD's get spotted and never move, most with low armor get one shot.

With the changes WOT made (thank you) almost every shot is a hit, splash or stun to enemy tanks.

I totally disagree with the new stun, splash radius and trajectory view.

Bring back pre 0.9.18 patch and all will be good.

Just a note after 9.18 patch: Is this REALISITIC?

According to the "View Range Circle" indication on the minimap.

The area scales on the map is 1 Kilometer x 1 Kilometer (0.62 x 0.62 miles)

Spotting max 445m. or (1,460 ft. / .28 miles) approx. length of a drag race

Artillery spotting 250~271m. (820 ft. / .16 mi. ~ 889 ft. / .17 mi) about 2 city blocks long.

Some artillery cannot reach across the map

"Quoted from Caesar

Trust me when I say this, EVERY arty players wants it to go back to the way it was before. 

Many quit over it and tier 10 arty is worthless to play."

Edited by ltjg_joe, Jun 06 2017 - 18:34.

OrnmiIler #508 Posted Jun 08 2017 - 06:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Jun 04 2017 - 22:38, said:

Trust me when I say this, EVERY arty players wants it to go back to the way it was before.  Many quit over it and tier 10 arty is worthless to play.

+1

The new 9.18-9.19 dynamic should have been an additional mode for the minority whiner/ranter in game play who continually barks for changes, not as a total replacement of 9.17’s traditional dynamic continuity (TRC) for majority player base.

This total elimination of Random TRC up until 9.17 summit was disastrous detour from what any committed long term player/$ supporter/advocate of WoT expected or wanted.

It’s not the money but the principle…This severe WoT betrayal versus community killed any/all passion for this present WoT trajectory to hell, and forces us to sit out all game play in hopes WoT again will reverse direction of all these changes, which is a total package, centered on the SPG.

phoenix182 #509 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 23:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 31382 battles
  • How does artillery feel to play compared to previous patch balance?
  • How does artillery feel to play against compared to previous patch balance?

I used to love arty; both playing it, and playing against it. I found it BY FAR the best part of the game experience. It effectively countered over-armored tanks, could punish clumping, provided encouragement for varying playstyles, and was capable of defending itself somewhat (even in towns by going td mode with limited success).

I now detest arty: both playing it, and playing against it. It's by far the most annoying, painfully unfun aspect of the game. It counters nothing, irritates clumps at most, has no impact of styles (beyond ignoring artillery til you mop them up at the end), and absolutely cannot defend itself at all. Moreover its a constant harassing irritant to everyone being 'damaged' by it.

• Do you find teamwork with artillery has improved?

Not even 1%. If anything it's worse, since artillery no longer helps the team in any meaningful way, while opposing artillery makes the game unfun to be a part of.

• How do you feel the economy for artillery has changed with this patch?

Like all aspects of economy in this game, it only exists with Premium enabled. Otherwise it continues to be a heart-breakingly slow grind that would make Everquest players twinge, taking weeks or months to accomplish anything, and preventing you from even bothering with things like gold rounds. I cannot imagine trying to deal with the game economy playing only artillery, where you get nothing every round because you're of no use whatsoever. 

*tldr- basically arty used to be great, and now sucks so badly that it's nearly game-breaking. 

Lucidwolf #510 Posted Jun 11 2017 - 11:27

Private

• Players
  • 3379 battles
I would like to add my voice that artillery should be able to platoon.  I can understand if you want to keep it to one arty per platoon.  Thanks.

Fett713 #511 Posted Jun 11 2017 - 22:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32970 battles
  • [BSI] BSI
The problem is they've listened to the plebs, and noobs who can't figure out how to be arty safe. I've watched endless people for 5 years plus whine because they're too lazy to get behind cover, not sit in the open field or move after being hit the first time. WG has disabled arty into oblivion one patch after the next for 5 years plus to coddle the crybabies. Meanwhile there are fundamental issues they have yet to resolve, half the maps that were taken out, not restored, fixed, improved or replaced yet. Friends list has been down for over a month, MM is still as broken as before just with less arty, arty not being able to platoon (not that it's worth playing now) makes you feel less a part of the community, clan or team. Removal of cross team chat, again taking away some of the community feel. Continual bombardment of premium shop sales pitches instead of actually giving a damn about the aforementioned issues. They'd rather have your money than actually give you a working product, they might as well sell this game to Walmart and get it over with.

DVK9 #512 Posted Jun 11 2017 - 22:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26148 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

I miss seeing the crying and gnashing of teeth from the other side.

About the only thing I used to send out to then was a NEXT after a kill or massive HP take away.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #513 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 04:20

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostFett713, on Jun 11 2017 - 13:23, said:

The problem is they've listened to the plebs, and noobs who can't figure out how to be arty safe. I've watched endless people for 5 years plus whine because they're too lazy to get behind cover, not sit in the open field or move after being hit the first time. WG has disabled arty into oblivion one patch after the next for 5 years plus to coddle the crybabies. Meanwhile there are fundamental issues they have yet to resolve, half the maps that were taken out, not restored, fixed, improved or replaced yet. Friends list has been down for over a month, MM is still as broken as before just with less arty, arty not being able to platoon (not that it's worth playing now) makes you feel less a part of the community, clan or team. Removal of cross team chat, again taking away some of the community feel. Continual bombardment of premium shop sales pitches instead of actually giving a damn about the aforementioned issues. They'd rather have your money than actually give you a working product, they might as well sell this game to Walmart and get it over with.

Well said, it's a shame people are too lazy to stay in motion or learn the safe spots.  They just want to sit still and snipe.  The game is getting less fun, and it's becoming more obvious they do NOT CARE about what we want.  We wanted a ranked system, but not this junk one that we got that only runs for a few hours per day.  Meaning anyone working nights is screwed and will never get this equipment(that will be game breaking) that many others will have.  We wanted a system that would run all the time, not 3 hours a day or w/e.  Maps are getting boring, we need more of them.  Removed cross team chat because why punish those who use it wrong when you can punish everyone???   No friends list for over a month, agreed, totally a joke......how can you run a clan when you can't even see who's on in your clan half the time, can't add or speak again to potential recruits because your friends list never shows up. 

Whistling_Death_ #514 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 22:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 65262 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

With destroyed artillery, there is no counter-balance to heavy tanks, so when a team gets up on heavy tanks they generally win, running over the non-heavy enemy tanks, as there is no artillery to keep them honest. B-O-R-I-N-G. I've seen this frequently already. With destroyed artillery, it is so sad to see the downfall of this great game. :(

With the destruction of artillery, (and thus light scouting tanks too, as they no longer will be able to earn decent silver/XP from the big assisted HP damage by spotting for their team artillery), and also killing the AMX ELC bis, ( used to be one of the most popular and fun tanks in the game!), the developers are *ruining* this game by turning it into World of Brawling Heavy Tanks! Boring! This is really, really sad. I loved this game. :(

All told, I have had over eighty of my tanks nerfed/destroyed in this hated 9.18 patch! If Wargaming is just going to nerf/destroy your tanks, then why bother spending the time, effort and money to grind a tank, getting it to where you want it, only to have it nerfed?! They are killing this game!

Wargaming SAID the Sandbox testing would only focus on artillery! Well, well, well! They have also nerfed/destroyed light scouting tanks!

Wargaming SAID SPG's would get a 10% view range reduction, making them even more blind! In reality, the view range for SPG's is more than double 10%! This makes them totally blind and helpless!

Wargaming SAID SPG's all would get an increase of rate of fire and better accuracy in exchange for now firing marshmallows! If you have an SPG with less than a 150 mm gun, your SPG was only nerfed!

Wargaming SAID they would reduce the penetration of artillery HE rounds by 10%. They reduced it by 50%!

Edited by Whistling_Death_, Jun 12 2017 - 22:51.

skychan #515 Posted Jun 13 2017 - 06:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 32719 battles

I find that the largest change to arty is that now instead of trying my best to hit heavily armored tanks, my time is much better spent firing and light and mediums or open top TD's.  I can do far more damage, and with the splash radius hit them more reliably.  My usefulness against heavy tanks is much much less.  I do less damage, and while I can stun and track them, because they are slow anyway it isn't that much of an advantage for my team who could already aim against slow tanks.  However hitting and tracking faster unarmored tanks does far more.  Of course this means I'm not bothering to try and 'dig' a heavy out of cover because there isn't a point.  If they are in cover and stunned no team-mate can shoot them so no xp for the assist. 

Give us back platooning in arty, I want to play socially.

skychan #516 Posted Jun 13 2017 - 07:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 32719 battles

View Postm0nk3ysaurusrex, on May 14 2017 - 23:01, said:

How is a mechanic that hits you from across the map with 0 risk to their own HP broken? When it can hit you where other tanks cant? I bet you like the type 5 too. The Maus is currently very very strong and could stand to loose the 200 HP and be better. And I don't play under tier 5 I play almost exclusively 10's. It bothers me when I am in my 10s that people who just don't care to learn the game can play arty and destroy whoever they want with immunity. Those who, in real tanks, are quite poor at playing because they don't learn. It is a crutch for those who have very shallow learning curves or who are just too lazy. The ONLY reason its in the game still is cause your group of people are who spend the most cash on this game. 

I think you don't really understand the arty grind, past or present.  It has always been harder and longer to grind arty than any other tank.  Because you get less out of it.  Every shot you take is half credit for the damage, and now you have half or less that damage.  To advance higher tier arty you need to either grind madly or actually learn the maps, learn your arcs, and learn the flow of battle.  If you are really suffering that much from arty then you haven't had to do the same thing that they have.  You've just learned that there are corridors that if you drive your heavy tank down you can ignore your flanks and win.  I actually have grown increasingly disgusted with the corridor maps.  But if you have your way you will get arty banned.  Then you will start talking about nerfing tank destroyers.  Afterall, they also aren't real tanks, who can sit behind a bush, counting on their team to spot for them, shooting with impunity, and one-shotting tanks.  So they will be the next to get the stun effect, and halved damage.  Afterall, what fun is it being shot at by an invisible tank, that can kill you in one hit, from utter safety. 

Every argument you have posed against arty also goes for tank destroyers.  Only they can even spot for themselves and still fire from cover. 

Or you can apply it to light tanks, they do negligible damage, but on a wide open map they can just snipe you from range in perfect safety. 

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on May 15 2017 - 08:26, said:

Zero risk, every shot you take puts you at risk.  Any player worth his salt can tell what grid it came from, tell his arty, and his arty can counter him on his next shot.  People are too lazy to report and ask for counter fire though.

I hate to have to say this but not anymore.  Now with the reduced damage it often takes two shots to kill enemy artillery with arty.  I know I almost never oneshot anything in my 261, and with a bat 155 not even a chance. 

EmperorJuliusCaesar #517 Posted Jun 13 2017 - 07:25

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jun 12 2017 - 13:51, said:

With destroyed artillery, there is no counter-balance to heavy tanks, so when a team gets up on heavy tanks they generally win, running over the non-heavy enemy tanks, as there is no artillery to keep them honest. B-O-R-I-N-G. I've seen this frequently already. With destroyed artillery, it is so sad to see the downfall of this great game. :(

With the destruction of artillery, (and thus light scouting tanks too, as they no longer will be able to earn decent silver/XP from the big assisted HP damage by spotting for their team artillery), and also killing the AMX ELC bis, ( used to be one of the most popular and fun tanks in the game!), the developers are *ruining* this game by turning it into World of Brawling Heavy Tanks! Boring! This is really, really sad. I loved this game. :(

All told, I have had over eighty of my tanks nerfed/destroyed in this hated 9.18 patch! If Wargaming is just going to nerf/destroy your tanks, then why bother spending the time, effort and money to grind a tank, getting it to where you want it, only to have it nerfed?! They are killing this game!

Wargaming SAID the Sandbox testing would only focus on artillery! Well, well, well! They have also nerfed/destroyed light scouting tanks!

Wargaming SAID SPG's would get a 10% view range reduction, making them even more blind! In reality, the view range for SPG's is more than double 10%! This makes them totally blind and helpless!

Wargaming SAID SPG's all would get an increase of rate of fire and better accuracy in exchange for now firing marshmallows! If you have an SPG with less than a 150 mm gun, your SPG was only nerfed!

Wargaming SAID they would reduce the penetration of artillery HE rounds by 10%. They reduced it by 50%!

Well said, on many maps, who has the most heavies, wins.  Arty can no longer change that equation.  It's become too predictable to know which team is going to win and play accordingly and many are doing as such, merely sitting back and farming damage until the inevitable loss comes.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #518 Posted Jun 13 2017 - 07:28

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postskychan, on Jun 12 2017 - 21:32, said:

I find that the largest change to arty is that now instead of trying my best to hit heavily armored tanks, my time is much better spent firing and light and mediums or open top TD's.  I can do far more damage, and with the splash radius hit them more reliably.  My usefulness against heavy tanks is much much less.  I do less damage, and while I can stun and track them, because they are slow anyway it isn't that much of an advantage for my team who could already aim against slow tanks.  However hitting and tracking faster unarmored tanks does far more.  Of course this means I'm not bothering to try and 'dig' a heavy out of cover because there isn't a point.  If they are in cover and stunned no team-mate can shoot them so no xp for the assist. 

Give us back platooning in arty, I want to play socially.

Indeed, no point in going after the heavies, you can't do anything do them, why bother.  Now lights, meds, and weak armored TDs are the targets and they are crying about it, though surely they were the same people crying about them before when they were in heavies.  Arty was capable of helping you win before, now, we can rarely affect the outcome.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #519 Posted Jun 13 2017 - 07:32

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postskychan, on Jun 12 2017 - 22:05, said:

I think you don't really understand the arty grind, past or present.  It has always been harder and longer to grind arty than any other tank.  Because you get less out of it.  Every shot you take is half credit for the damage, and now you have half or less that damage.  To advance higher tier arty you need to either grind madly or actually learn the maps, learn your arcs, and learn the flow of battle.  If you are really suffering that much from arty then you haven't had to do the same thing that they have.  You've just learned that there are corridors that if you drive your heavy tank down you can ignore your flanks and win.  I actually have grown increasingly disgusted with the corridor maps.  But if you have your way you will get arty banned.  Then you will start talking about nerfing tank destroyers.  Afterall, they also aren't real tanks, who can sit behind a bush, counting on their team to spot for them, shooting with impunity, and one-shotting tanks.  So they will be the next to get the stun effect, and halved damage.  Afterall, what fun is it being shot at by an invisible tank, that can kill you in one hit, from utter safety. 

Every argument you have posed against arty also goes for tank destroyers.  Only they can even spot for themselves and still fire from cover. 

Or you can apply it to light tanks, they do negligible damage, but on a wide open map they can just snipe you from range in perfect safety. 

I hate to have to say this but not anymore.  Now with the reduced damage it often takes two shots to kill enemy artillery with arty.  I know I almost never oneshot anything in my 261, and with a bat 155 not even a chance. 

Indeed, totally pointless to try to country arty as it is. 

DelugePri #520 Posted Jun 13 2017 - 13:13

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4870 battles

One of the other silly things about stun is that it forces you to shoot tanks your team can already shoot.

An example of a bad consequence of this is that countering other artillery is almost a waste of time as well if you're trying to farm exp. Since 1 shoting it is a 50/50 even on a direct hit, your team isn't there to give you the stun points either. While its better teamplay to do it, it is disincentivized by WG to do so.

Also tagged with 0.9.18 Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users