• Please log in to reply
555 replies to this topic

Hajvanen_1 #541 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 07:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 21234 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP

View Postm0nk3ysaurusrex, on May 05 2017 - 07:31, said:

Artillery is still completely out of control and as a mechanic broken as ever. I am begging WarGaming to try a arty free queue for those of us who can not play a single game without being focused by them. If there are so many players who love arty, there should still be lots of people in a "normal" queue, as well as letting those of us who simply can not stand it also have fun by never having to play with it. I have lost a great deal of friend who used to play this game to other games because of this class, and it makes pub (random) matches VERY frustrating in my opinion. Hopefully some Dev's sees this and will demo an arty free queue, maybe even on super test. 

LULZ! Kemping gets you artied, because arty promotes dynamic gameplay. Instead of crying, git gud.

Double_O7 #542 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 07:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4166 battles
  • [-D1G-] -D1G-
arties suck, the new mm sucks. Basically everything about 9.18 sucks, and what has been done to fix it? nothing. You ruined your reputation Wg. Now you will suffer the consequences when your game finally dies a very painful death and fellow Americans lose their jobs because of your arrogant stupidity.

KINGN0VA #543 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 17:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11342 battles
  • [_TRP_] _TRP_
If you really want to know what the player base thinks about arty. Introduce the option play without arty. I promise you that the vast majority of players, if not all regular tankers, will opt to play without artillery in their games. This will prove that ARTY SUCKS! Please remove the trash.

SkunkButt #544 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 18:28

Captain

• Players
  • 191 battles

View PostDouble_O7, on Jan 26 2018 - 00:55, said:

arties suck, the new mm sucks. Basically everything about 9.18 sucks, and what has been done to fix it? nothing. You ruined your reputation Wg. Now you will suffer the consequences when your game finally dies a very painful death and fellow Americans lose their jobs because of your arrogant stupidity.

LOLwut?  'fellow Americans lose their jobs'?  *ROFL*

Corporate America has already sold those jobs overseas, so nothing is going to change there, T.Rump or not.

At any rate... Arty is as close to realistic as it's going to ever get, for the era.  I don't like the stun mechanic, but as a former artillerist in the armed forces I am willing to accept that it is the closest they can get to the performance of 40s-60s era artillery (which was to barrage a location with as much flying explosives as they could to cripple enemy mobility and keep infantry heads down, not pinpoint one vehicle on the battlefield and nuke it with a single shot).
However, your point about the MM is valid.  It is *hopelessly* broken and needs emergency medical care immediately.

Lycan_Knight #545 Posted Jan 27 2018 - 04:37

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12465 battles
  • [IKU] IKU

View PostHMB_Atlas, on Jan 26 2018 - 11:56, said:

If you really want to know what the player base thinks about arty. Introduce the option play without arty. I promise you that the vast majority of players, if not all regular tankers, will opt to play without artillery in their games. This will prove that ARTY SUCKS! Please remove the trash.

The players wouldn't remove arty, most of these players left in the game don't even know about the option to turn off skirmish/assault game modes.

Double_O7 #546 Posted Jan 30 2018 - 04:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4166 battles
  • [-D1G-] -D1G-

View PostSkunkButt, on Jan 26 2018 - 11:28, said:

Corporate America has already sold those jobs overseas, so nothing is going to change there, T.Rump or not.

At any rate... Arty is as close to realistic as it's going to ever get, for the era.  I don't like the stun mechanic, but as a former artillerist in the armed forces I am willing to accept that it is the closest they can get to the performance of 40s-60s era artillery (which was to barrage a location with as much flying explosives as they could to cripple enemy mobility and keep infantry heads down, not pinpoint one vehicle on the battlefield and nuke it with a single shot).
However, your point about the MM is valid.  It is *hopelessly* broken and needs emergency medical care immediately.

well that shows more of wargamings colors.

Honestly I didn't know artillery is accurate as you said. I figured that they were used in large numbers to pound a wide range of land to soften up defense or attack, but then again, math can do amazing things.

The hopeless mm has gotten so hopeless that I have stopped playing the game, but alas that mm isn't going to get any better. Wargaming's wot is going to fall. With the player community shrinking by the day Wargaming will eventually close down NA servers within the next decade. I always had a hope that wargaming would repair they damage that their greed has done, but after nearly a year of noting but frustration and watching serb continuously flip off his customers, I have been driven to the conclusion that this game isn't worth playing anymore and it won't be getting better any time soon, which is a real shame because I had so much fun with my friends doing goofy things and blowing stuff up, and getting to drive my favorite tanks (the tiger, IS, t14, t7, kv2, the old kv1s, etc.). My guess is that wargaming will continue to do nothing until it is too late, and wot, if not the whole company, will cease to exist. 

I have tried finding other games that contain the same thrill as the former wot, but there are none that offer that experience. 

PS: I love your signature skunkbutt. I literally laughed for 5 minutes when I saw it. 

Jaspo #547 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 23:55

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27160 battles

View PostSkunkButt, on Jan 26 2018 - 11:28, said:

According to Heinz Guderian's rather in-depth account of the methodology and effectiveness of artillery when used against such thinly armored things as FTs and the like in World War I (see, "Achtung - Panzer!" ) it was typical for a full barrage of 50 or so artillery pieces to immobilize maybe 10 of 50 tanks during the course of an entire offensive, unless they were able to use direct fire, which then substantially increased the mortality rate of the tanks. In other words, to say that world war era artillery was capable of looking down on their hapless target and clicking on it and making it go boom, is beyond ridiculous. Therefore, it is in no way, shape, or form "as close as realistic as its going to ever get, for the era"

...which could be achieved btw...this could be done by forcing arty to play with the same direct fire view as all the other tanks, but able to see the symbols of all currently lit tanks. Give arty an indicator for how far away a shell they fire will land, given their current gun elevation and the topography. To balance this out, give artillery a bunch more (cheaper) ammo and much faster load and aim times. Then and only then will artillery be "close to realistic", then and only then will it be an appropriate challenge to play, and then and only then will I feel I have been fairly targeted upon being hit by it.

Edited by Jaspo, Feb 13 2018 - 23:56.

Genarelbetrayus #548 Posted Feb 14 2018 - 00:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18549 battles

View PostQuemapueblos, on Apr 18 2017 - 20:39, said:

Hello Tankers,

Today we launched patch 0.9.18 and we want to hear your feedback! There are separate topics for the major 0.9.18 changes, please leave all feedback for Artillery Changes in this thread. 

• How does artillery feel to play compared to previous patch balance?
  • How does artillery feel to play against compared to previous patch balance?
  • Do you find teamwork with artillery has improved?
  • How do you feel the economy for artillery has changed with this patch?

Details of Artillery Changes:

Spoiler

Overview of Patch 0.9.18 Here

Full Patch Notes Here

Arty is ruining your game the maps that it even makes sense to have arty it just makes the matches horrible to play, and the other half or more like three quarters of your maps it doesn't even make sense for arty to be on.  I strongly suggest scraping arty all together before it just makes the whole game unplayable also stop making so many armored monsters or fix your guns to make sense no point of being in a tanks that 100 percent require you to use gold to do damage that is a bad move on your part and needs to be fixed asap.  other than that the game isn't bad but those two things are ruining your game and WG has done nothing but make it worse.  Seems like it's time to drain out the WG swamp and hire some new more innovative employees.  

:izmena:

Son_of_the_South #549 Posted Feb 14 2018 - 03:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14657 battles
  • [PJ] PJ

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Jul 14 2017 - 23:11, said:

So you think a good business proposition if for WG to screw everyone who spent months to grind to a tier 10 Arty?   They don't.  They'd have to return all the XP, all the credits spent, all the gold spent on camo, and then you have the crews, all the crews would have to have all their crew xp returned.  It's not gonna happen, may as well get used to it.

​Keep it and give us a toggle not to have to play in matches with it.

Son_of_the_South #550 Posted Feb 14 2018 - 03:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14657 battles
  • [PJ] PJ

View Postgunship18, on Jul 20 2017 - 09:05, said:

I hope they can fix the arty problem.....after the nerf my rounds go all over the place and if they hit it is for nominal damage or bounce. 

​My arty rounds hit more than not now. You must not be aiming.... easy, I can do it with one hand.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #551 Posted Feb 14 2018 - 03:11

Major

• Players
  • 26933 battles
  • [EOR] EOR
I haven't played arty since the patch, just one game to see how awful and useless it became.  Without, the matches are boring and very predictable, don't get rid of it ever, but do put it back to the way it was, just without the ap and heat shells, so crybabies won't cry about the very rare one-shot.

Whistling_Death_ #552 Posted Feb 14 2018 - 10:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 57957 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

Every battle, without fail, my artillery is outnumbered by 12-14 tanks! It's not faiiirrrrrr! Tanks are broken and need to be removed from the game! I'm telling mommy Wargaming! It's not faiiiirrrrrrr!

Double_O7 #553 Posted Feb 21 2018 - 01:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4166 battles
  • [-D1G-] -D1G-

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Feb 14 2018 - 03:53, said:

Every battle, without fail, my artillery is outnumbered by 12-14 tanks! It's not faiiirrrrrr! Tanks are broken and need to be removed from the game! I'm telling mommy Wargaming! It's not faiiiirrrrrrr!

Mommy has been told. Mommy has done nothing

JdgDReDD #554 Posted Feb 21 2018 - 02:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 47169 battles
  • [NEON-] NEON-

View PostFutile_Resistance, on Apr 18 2017 - 12:58, said:

The "new fair and balanced" Arty..... I'll just say this. While playing Arty it's awesome, as you click and giggle people into fully stunned retardation. Not playing Arty I take the time during stunned for the game to decide if I'm going to uninstall the game and move onto another or not. My decision will take a days to see how things go.

^^^ this is pretty legit

just limit it to 1 arty per side already, any more than that is just *(P(*&^&$($*

EmperorJuliusCaesar #555 Posted Feb 21 2018 - 03:25

Major

• Players
  • 26933 battles
  • [EOR] EOR
Killing 3 arty for a mission when there's rarely 3 arty in a game?  Bring back 5 arty/side or change the mission please, I prefer the 5 arty/side option.

moon111 #556 Posted Feb 21 2018 - 18:52

Major

• Players
  • 29755 battles

Benefits of arty: - Customers who might struggle in other classes can have fun.

- Customers who might not want a fast twitch gaming session can relax more and still play.

- It's another dimension to play over boring old repetitive tanks.

Drawbacks of arty: - None.  For all the [edited]arty does to you, your arty is doing to the other team.

- Arty of all classes makes SO little difference to the outcome of the battle it's not funny.

How to fix arty?    - The only issue with arty is only self-centered.  It's me, myself, and I that got hit by arty.

There's no problem for the 'team' having arty in the game.  I have done way more damage

for my team then all three of the enemy arty, yet hear the whining in-game about arty. 

"Hello, we might win this battle because of arty!"

Solution?  Give players immediate self-centered rewards for their arty.  There's no positive 

feedback when your team's arty does something.  If I'm playing and the success of my arty

is giving me immediate ?credits? ?bonus? ?rewards? ...something...

my self-centered @#$ is going to appreciate arty.  

Also tagged with 0.9.18 Feedback

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users