0.9.18 Feedback

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Bavor #41 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 16:36

Major

• Players
  • 28149 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

How often do you use consumables in a match?

I usually use at least one per battle.

How does the consumable changes impact overall match strategy and tactics?

Your game isn't ruined when you repair your tracks after getting tracked out in the open by an arty shell that lands far away then get your ammo rack or engine damaged shortly afterwards.  I can stay competitive when I have multiple modules damaged after using my repair kit.

"Recharge of almost all standard consumables takes 90 seconds; recharge of Premium consumables takes 60 seconds"

Reload time of repair kits is 90 seconds.  It would be nice if it was 60 seconds for premium repair kits since they cost so much more than regular repair kits.

CreditCardCrew #42 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 16:53

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 33420 battles
  • [SISA] SISA

Overall it's a detriment to the game, it used to be part of the strategy to damage a tank and avoid being damaged to ensure you had some advantage however small it might have been. Now it's fight and take damage, repair and fall back to wait for a kit to recharge then fight at full strength again.

This might appear to the damaged tanker as a great choice but to the one dealing the damage it is not the case.

Compare this to a restore 100% HP button or the option to buy only one shell for an infinite supply.

A better option IMO would be a pay per use as that at least would restore some of the decision to use it or wait.

Dragonfly7 #43 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 17:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19953 battles
  • [LAGG] LAGG

View PostCreditCardCrew, on Apr 20 2017 - 07:53, said:

Overall it's a detriment to the game, it used to be part of the strategy to damage a tank and avoid being damaged to ensure you had some advantage however small it might have been. Now it's fight and take damage, repair and fall back to wait for a kit to recharge then fight at full strength again.

This might appear to the damaged tanker as a great choice but to the one dealing the damage it is not the case.

Compare this to a restore 100% HP button or the option to buy only one shell for an infinite supply.

A better option IMO would be a pay per use as that at least would restore some of the decision to use it or wait.

exactly

leeuniverse #44 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 04:44

Major

• Players
  • 28849 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Serious Problem....!!!  COST OF KITS!!!

Since .18 dropped I've played the T49 American almost solely, some the Ru-251 also.

I had around 1 Million Credits in my account.  Since .18 release to today (that's 3 days about 81 battles), I now have $300,000 Credits in my account.

I have always used the Large Kits, and I have ALWAYS made money playing the T49, never had a problem increasing my credits reasonably fast because i play the T49 good.

I want to also be clear that in the past when I've played T10 or T9 tanks, I've ALWAYS MADE MONEY because I play well enough.  I never play my premiums to earn money.

Now however because the kits cost so much, and I have to use them between:

- 1-3 times in,

- 2 out of 3 matches,

- that's 20k-60k in Costs,

- every 2 out of 3 matches,

I am hemorrhaging MASSIVE credits now.

You need to adjust the COST OF KITS to like $3,000 for Large and $1,000 for Small.

The costs of kits have always been FAR too much, this would be the better cost, or at least not over $5,000 for Large, and $2,000 for Small..

celticdark #45 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 10:31

Private

• -Players-
  • 3974 battles
  • [AFW] AFW
i dont like rechargeable consumables, it takes strategy out of the game. unfortunately, it seems this games becoming the new cod or halo. im waiting for respawns after 30 seconds so we can see who can kill 50 tanks in 1 match

the_Deadly_Bulb #46 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 19:25

Captain

• Players
  • 17678 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Reusable kits are necessary due to the stun mechanic. The whole concept of introducing stun has caused a ripple effect that when combined with the new MM template has pretty much changed the game in a negative manner.

Stun was a stupid idea. One shots from arty were not that common. Now because WG has made an effort to placate the arty haters they've instead messed up the entire balance of the game, ruined tooning for arty (probably also a requirement given the new dynamics of the game, but a very unfortunate direction to take) and made many players resort to stabbing at credit eating kits just to play the game at all.

Sorry WG, your 9.18 is a FAIL. You probably know this, otherwise why did you ONLY deploy it on the NA servers? 

Personally I never had an issue with arty prior to this update, also had no issue with the +3 MM for LTs. Your new MM template is anti-tooning rubbish as well.

Overall a disappointing and poorly considered update, with few redeeming qualities IMO.

ali3rd #47 Posted Apr 23 2017 - 06:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 16857 battles
I like the reusable consumables, they do change my tactics in a a positive way. I wish we could get the crew skills/perks rebalance soon with things like this in mind.

zed2204 #48 Posted Apr 23 2017 - 07:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35206 battles
  • [LIO] LIO
I use consumables pretty much every game, and I am loving the reusable, I was very frustrated before when 1 shot doing little damage early game could decrease my effectiveness by half the rest of the match because it damaged 2 modules and I had to choose between repairing tracks or ammorack-engine, now I can even put a large kit knowing it will pay for itself and not be wased on 1 track going in position or first contact

Edited by zed2204, Apr 23 2017 - 07:42.

Macras #49 Posted Apr 24 2017 - 13:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19114 battles
  • [DMGD] DMGD

I think with the arty having wider area of effect has meant there is more module and crew damage, necessitating reusable kits. I have certainly noticed im getting more crew and module damage anyway.

It would be better to reduce the amount of module and crew damage resulting from the wider AOE, but I don't think that would be easy to implement.

Overall its about them earning more money, not improving the game, so I guess re usable consumables are hear to stay.

I don't like it though.

xtc4 #50 Posted Apr 24 2017 - 14:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20084 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
The matches are short enough and the recharge is long enough that this change is barely noticeable. At least in my experience so far.

Triple_Sixes #51 Posted Apr 24 2017 - 17:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 13245 battles
Just another way Wargaming is moving further toward a pay to play format now making WoT just another arcade shoot-em-up where, "hey, if you get shot, just regenerate all your stuff!".

Boz1968 #52 Posted Apr 25 2017 - 00:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33698 battles
  • [-HH-] -HH-
I like it, but it sure eliminates a strategic choice one has to make during the battle.  Do I use it now or wait for something else more important that needs repair.  Now,  If I get racked and my repair kit is used, I just need to back out of the battle for a time and then I am good to go.  Same with the Med kits, no longer have to make a strategic choice of which crew to revive, just wait and you get to heal both your commander and your loader, as an example.  Now w/ that being said, I suppose it is alright, but seems like a dumbing down of the game in some form.  

CAttack1 #53 Posted Apr 25 2017 - 02:29

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19899 battles
  • [NOKAP] NOKAP
I like the reusable consumables so far.

john58ford #54 Posted Apr 25 2017 - 08:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22478 battles
  • [R0NIN] R0NIN
I dislike the concept for this game. It's just one step closer to respawn. The first time I logged into this game, shortly after public release, when my ms1 got stuck on the battlefield I knew I would enjoy this game. I liked that you had what you brought, even if you couldn't afford a full load of shells you just made it work. It was the arcade style tank sim I had hoped for since virtual boy failed, it was the slow deliberate actions on the battlefield that gave it personality because you only get ONE chance. My next favorite aspects were tank locking for clan wars, followed by tank companies. We'll see how much of this game is left by next year, it's starting to feel like an old car; it gets you there usually but it's starting to do some things you didn't want it to do when you bought it. Yes wg, your wheels are falling off for air of your long term players.

RoyalGreenPC #55 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 07:27

Captain

• Players
  • 17037 battles
  • [R-7] R-7
Premium kit needs to have more to offer. Paying almost 7 times credits isn't worth it anymore, when you can just use a single small kit to fix all your damaged modules/crew one by one every few min.

Wild_Bill_Kelso_41 #56 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 02:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 40881 battles
Reusables have really pooched my game play,  I have for the last few years started with HE to burn the targets repair kits then work them over for gun and crew crits. M4 Jumbo style.

MochaDragon #57 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 18:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 26208 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE
Overall great change to the game.  Definitely increases the amount of credits I have to spend on health kits as they get used in way more battles than before which is good for WG (they now have a new economic sink for silver), bad for players.

Wild_Bill_Kelso_41 #58 Posted Apr 27 2017 - 21:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 40881 battles
How about with every use it takes longer to regenerate

Mikosah #59 Posted Apr 28 2017 - 04:31

Major

• Players
  • 17475 battles

Re-usable consumables are the best part of the 9.18 patch. Using your consumables early and then losing modules afterward used to be pure cancer, now its much less of a threat.

Frankly, the module damage system was very crude to begin with. Aim vaguely at a certain area, roll some dice, see what happens. Maybe nothing, maybe sudden ammo rack. Even if the ammo rack didn't spontaneously explode or the engine didn't catch fire, having key modules in the 'yellow' condition continues to be a major setback. If the penalty to a module's performance wasn't so severe, we probably wouldn't even be having this conversation. Or if modules self-repaired back to 'green' condition over time without the need for a consumable, that would have been equally effective.

As things are now, I'll give praise for easing the burden of module damage by this change. My suggestion for the future is to make the cooldowns even shorter. Some may say this would make module damage irrelevant. But to them I say that would be the best news to be heard about WoT in ages.

Ramall_777 #60 Posted Apr 30 2017 - 01:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16339 battles

I used to have them loaded in for the reduction in repair time, crew damage, etc... and use them sparingly when needed to turn the tide.

Now I'm using them slightly more, and eventually I'll run out of stock, and then I won't buy anymore, or use them.

The net result may be that to keep up, I'll need to buy them, but I won't, because I have enough difficultly keeping up with other purchase items, or it will be so discouraging that I'll play less?

On the other hand, put 1 year premium on sale for 25% off, and that might solve a lot of problems.

Also tagged with 0.9.18 Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users