• -Players-
  • 13281 battles
Love it!

misterwit #62 Posted Apr 30 2017 - 03:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13074 battles
  • [NOKAP] NOKAP

By itself, the change is wonderful.  Players by and large will definitely feel less annoyed by unlucky double-taps to their ammo rack in a match. The system also makes consumable use a more impactful choice per tank, where the longevity of higher hp/armor tanks stand to gain more from higher grade repair tools than tanks which die quickly from not having decent armor/guns/view range/fun for their tier *cough*.

The elephant in the room is how convenient that this patch is deployed alongside the new artillery mechanic, which just so happens to eat medkits like its the cookie monster in candyland. You could have made the stuns unavoidable and shortened their duration. You could have made it so that the spall liner reduces the duration by 80% or more to add counterplay via module selection. You could have made the blast radius smaller than the credit income of a F2P player so that lightly armored tanks could play the game effectively without feeling the XVM targeting system drawing a dot on them.

But you chose this. We all know why, but what we really want to know is what you intend to do with our opinions on the game as it is now. Is anything really going to change through these threads?

Motok0 #63 Posted Apr 30 2017 - 18:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 11553 battles

Great change, love it, but kinda makes deadeye useless.

the_Deadly_Bulb #64 Posted May 02 2017 - 20:21

Major

• Players
  • 18789 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Re-usable kits are one of the worst things about this update. Credit sucking idiocy.

Only the new MM has hurt the game more.

mikeathome87 #65 Posted May 05 2017 - 04:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 25947 battles
I think the cooldown shouldn't be universal. like if i have my tracks knocked out, the time before it cools down should be less than if i repair my ammo rack... Different severity damage should have more cost to repair if we're going with the cooldown mechanism. Kind of makes doing module damage cheap...

schwert_2015 #66 Posted May 05 2017 - 04:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27296 battles
Only good thing about this patch. :)

steve362 #67 Posted May 06 2017 - 17:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 23133 battles
 well right now I am being charged for use ,even though I have not activated.  I really question this only because I look at the whole picture . meaning I am charged with making a near perfect shot..less than that a bounce or crit damage. All theses repairs seem to preach the opposite of accurate shooting .  I feel the same way about invisible tanks  real /not real. make your minds up.

Cossack_13 #68 Posted May 08 2017 - 18:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 30751 battles
  • [HARMD] HARMD

I have to remind myself to remove the extra repair kits that I've always carried on my British AT tank destroyers (1 small and 1 large).

I once was the last tank standing in a perfectly functioning AT2 that had only 1 live crewman aboard. Now they can have a med kit.

OrnmiIler #69 Posted May 10 2017 - 05:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on May 02 2017 - 14:21, said:

Re-usable kits are one of the worst things about this update. Credit sucking idiocy.

+1 Exactly, U nailed it on the head.

Also goes for these zombie tanks that never die negating our crew Skills & Perks.

With 9.18, WoT became anti-WoT!

https://www.youtube....h?v=FZpJshkkeSk

http://forum.worldof...-to-update-918/

WeeeWhat #70 Posted May 10 2017 - 13:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 35010 battles
  • [JAV] JAV
I'm an "ARTY" player, you know, the only one in the game that has always been the ONE to take ONE hit and DIE!  So this is just another way for WG to leave arty out.  We can't get prizes from tank rewards platooning cause we can't platoon! With any tank! 

EmperorJuliusCaesar #71 Posted May 11 2017 - 12:38

Captain

• Players
  • 20772 battles
  • [EOR] EOR
Best part of new update, by far!!!  The only people angry are the weakspot mod users that are angry they can't cripple tanks early in the game.

OrnmiIler #72 Posted May 14 2017 - 08:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

Dear WoT:

With the great cheap rotten trick insult of 9.18, anything short of WoT going back to 9.17, I will keep all of my money ($) in my pocket from here on end.

I will still play with what I have invested but that's it, most of the game passion is now lost since it was taken away by WoTs middle finger 9.18 salute to us!

the_Deadly_Bulb #73 Posted May 16 2017 - 07:57

Major

• Players
  • 18789 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on May 11 2017 - 03:38, said:

Best part of new update, by far!!!  The only people angry are the weakspot mod users that are angry they can't cripple tanks early in the game.

Actually no. I think they're probably one of the lamest things they've EVER done. What reusable kits do is take away a huge part of the strategy of this game. The ONLY reason they HAD to bring them in is was because of the stupid stun change.

Now what's the use in tracking? This is why scouting is now practically a dead art. You spot, track disable, and they repair and continue. Was a time you had to consider carefully to use your Kit, not anymore. By the way crippling a tank in the opening minutes was part of the game. That's called strategy, and it never required a mod.

I suppose you'd also like re-spawns too?

Re-usable kits are a huge dumbing down of the game.

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, May 16 2017 - 07:57.

OrnmiIler #74 Posted May 16 2017 - 09:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on May 16 2017 - 01:57, said:

Actually no. I think they're probably one of the lamest things they've EVER done. What reusable kits do is take away a huge part of the strategy of this game. The ONLY reason they HAD to bring them in is was because of the stupid stun change.

Now what's the use in tracking? This is why scouting is now practically a dead art. You spot, track disable, and they repair and continue. Was a time you had to consider carefully to use your Kit, not anymore. By the way crippling a tank in the opening minutes was part of the game. That's called strategy, and it never required a mod.

+1

The new 9.18 total discontinuity of game dynamic is based on complete WoT management betrayal of NA player base, and that previous long standing Dollar ($) backed loyalty to that WoT principle of basic continuity.  

No trust=No loyalty=No Dollars=…

That go around, come around, middle finger betrayal now works both ways, as the venomous snake like WoT has bitten off its own tail to feed itself, only to choke on its own poison!

EmperorJuliusCaesar #75 Posted May 16 2017 - 12:32

Captain

• Players
  • 20772 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on May 15 2017 - 22:57, said:

Re-spawns....no way.  It is fantastic way to deal with all the illegal weak-spot aim-bot mod users.

the_Deadly_Bulb #76 Posted May 16 2017 - 21:36

Major

• Players
  • 18789 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on May 16 2017 - 03:32, said:

Re-spawns....no way.  It is fantastic way to deal with all the illegal weak-spot aim-bot mod users.

You go on and on about "illegal weak spot aim bot users". It's your post content d'jour (of the moment if you will) you seem obsessed with this premise. Perhaps you watch too much Quicky Baby or maybe its just that you can't accept it when you're destroyed by a player you see as 'clearly your inferior' so you've retreated to this fantasy world where these illegal weak spot aim bots are so prevalent that something as stupid as reusable consumables become your saviour?

Honestly if there was a proliferation of these hacks perhaps you could post a few replays?

Are there players employing illegal mods? Probably. I often wonder about the guy that is 150 - 200 m distant and seems to be able to repeatedly hit my ammorack while I'm darting about rapidly moving, but maybe they're lucky. RNG is a strange mistress. I run no such mods and occasionally I get very lucky and manage to do well over my 'probable' damage and one shot a vehicle I should only have damaged, occasionally they're on the move. Sometimes its just a very lucky blindshot. No mods, just great luck. These things happen, but not in a way that leaves me believing there's a mass proportion of illegal hacks out there. It's a game get over it and move on when you think you've been cheated out of victory. What's the matter, you're never lucky?

Sure there are cheaters. But that doesn't change anything about my dissdain for these childish reusable kits! Besides I fail to see any credible reason to believe that an opponent using an illegal weak spot aim bot would be foiled by your saviour the reusable kit. If youre being targeted by someone with an illegal mod to assist them in targeting your weak spots or othger such strategic points on your vehicle its doubtfull your reusable kit will be much help.

Re-usable kits remove a large part of what has been the core strategy of WoT since I began playing it. The ONLY reason they exist is to deal with the stun mechanic, which itself is a total epic fail. I would be happy to risk the few one shots I had from arty in the previous incarnation of WoT rather than the every match annoyance of this stupid stun mechanic. But then I never had an issue with arty, nor with +3 MM for my LTs so this update has done little to improve the game IMO and much to change it in an unfortunate manner.

The template MM system is excrement too as is no tooning with arty. That used to be a great part of scouting. In fact what this update did regarding scouting was to pretty much end it, in spite of extending LTs to T-X.

No arty/scout toons

Reusable kits means no point in tracking an opponent for the bigger guns

Upper tier meds far superior to upscaled LTs

But we're not discussing LTs or MM so I digress.

Re-usable kits = childish, strat removing, credit sucking nonsense.

But the arty haters are happy now, right? (wrong they're still WLBs who want it gone) :amazed:

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, May 16 2017 - 21:37.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #77 Posted May 17 2017 - 06:46

Captain

• Players
  • 20772 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on May 16 2017 - 12:36, said:

You go on and on about "illegal weak spot aim bot users". It's your post content d'jour (of the moment if you will) you seem obsessed with this premise. Perhaps you watch too much Quicky Baby or maybe its just that you can't accept it when you're destroyed by a player you see as 'clearly your inferior' so you've retreated to this fantasy world where these illegal weak spot aim bots are so prevalent that something as stupid as reusable consumables become your saviour?

Honestly if there was a proliferation of these hacks perhaps you could post a few replays?

Are there players employing illegal mods? Probably. I often wonder about the guy that is 150 - 200 m distant and seems to be able to repeatedly hit my ammorack while I'm darting about rapidly moving, but maybe they're lucky. RNG is a strange mistress. I run no such mods and occasionally I get very lucky and manage to do well over my 'probable' damage and one shot a vehicle I should only have damaged, occasionally they're on the move. Sometimes its just a very lucky blindshot. No mods, just great luck. These things happen, but not in a way that leaves me believing there's a mass proportion of illegal hacks out there. It's a game get over it and move on when you think you've been cheated out of victory. What's the matter, you're never lucky?

Sure there are cheaters. But that doesn't change anything about my dissdain for these childish reusable kits! Besides I fail to see any credible reason to believe that an opponent using an illegal weak spot aim bot would be foiled by your saviour the reusable kit. If youre being targeted by someone with an illegal mod to assist them in targeting your weak spots or othger such strategic points on your vehicle its doubtfull your reusable kit will be much help.

Re-usable kits remove a large part of what has been the core strategy of WoT since I began playing it. The ONLY reason they exist is to deal with the stun mechanic, which itself is a total epic fail. I would be happy to risk the few one shots I had from arty in the previous incarnation of WoT rather than the every match annoyance of this stupid stun mechanic. But then I never had an issue with arty, nor with +3 MM for my LTs so this update has done little to improve the game IMO and much to change it in an unfortunate manner.

The template MM system is excrement too as is no tooning with arty. That used to be a great part of scouting. In fact what this update did regarding scouting was to pretty much end it, in spite of extending LTs to T-X.

No arty/scout toons

Reusable kits means no point in tracking an opponent for the bigger guns

Upper tier meds far superior to upscaled LTs

But we're not discussing LTs or MM so I digress.

Re-usable kits = childish, strat removing, credit sucking nonsense.

But the arty haters are happy now, right? (wrong they're still WLBs who want it gone) :amazed:

Would I give them up to get rid of this AWFUL update?  YES.....This update has (with the exception of reuseables imo) has just been awful for the game.  My wife had two tier 10s but stopped playing after one game after the update, she hated what they did to her arty.  The thing about WLBs is that it's always something, if you look at their sigs, they are the same people that whine about mods, prem rounds, arty, etc etc

Mikosah #78 Posted May 18 2017 - 18:53

Major

• Players
  • 17520 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on May 02 2017 - 13:21, said:

You do realize the kits don't cost extra when used multiple times in the same match, don't you? 

Charlie_The_Cat #79 Posted May 29 2017 - 14:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12721 battles

Best thing since sliced bread for WoT!

What would be better though is a way to lower the reset timer via some crew perks.

+1

FlamesofGod #80 Posted Jul 10 2017 - 01:25

Private

• -Players-
  • 10682 battles
What if some tanks *cough* (light tank) *cough* got smoke screen. Maybe a 1 per game use, maybe A slow reload time, but basically They could shoot a screen of smoke towards where their turret is aiming (or at wherever the smoke screen holders are on the tank). Basically A mini smoke screen version from world of warships.

Also tagged with 0.9.18 Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users