M7

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

JaceArveduin #1 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 00:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9043 battles

So... Does anyone know why WG destroyed my favorite tank? Couldn't they have just moved it in the tree? -90 Health, +50% to reload on the 6-pdr, -20 view range, +~100 HP, and +moving camo. The HP and camo doesn't do anything to help the fact that it lost 20% of it's health and 500 DPM. And that's just stats that I've noticed due to being familiar with the tank.

GeorgePreddy #2 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 00:33

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
It went from a Medium to a light and GAINED hitpoints ???  You should be happy.  They absolutely murdered the Chaffee.

FastestClassic #3 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 00:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23583 battles
  • [BOWTI] BOWTI

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Apr 18 2017 - 16:33, said:

It went from a Medium to a light and GAINED hitpoints ???  You should be happy.  They absolutely murdered the Chaffee.

View PostJaceArveduin, on Apr 18 2017 - 16:23, said:

-90 Health, +50% to reload on the 6-pdr, -20 view range, +~100 HP, and +moving camo

The vehicle lost 90 health, as the OP mentioned. The "HP" number is referring to the increase in engine power the vehicle received.

JaceArveduin #4 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 00:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9043 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Apr 18 2017 - 17:33, said:

The other guy mentioned the HP thing, but yeah, now 'Murica has TWO Tier V lights, and they're both complete garbage compared to what they were. 

Oh, and I just learned/realized the Crusader is a Medium now...

Pipinghot #5 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 00:46

Major

• Players
  • 25813 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
The horsepower and camo easily makes up for the loss of hit points & view range, it was always squisly. Basically the M7 got superceded by the T67 (TD) a long time ago, it finally has a role to play in the game again.

JaceArveduin #6 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 01:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9043 battles

View PostPipinghot, on Apr 18 2017 - 17:46, said:

The horsepower and camo easily makes up for the loss of hit points & view range, it was always squisly. Basically the M7 got superceded by the T67 (TD) a long time ago, it finally has a role to play in the game again.

I'm getting the feeling that you put the 75 on it, and I have no idea why people used it. The 6pdr was (and still is on other tanks) a buzzsaw that spit out a rather high DPM, and you played it as a mobile flanker. It didn't have much HP, but at 440 it had enough to reliably need about 4 hits to kill by higher tiered tanks. You found enemies that were isolated and doom-circled them, utilizing the already fine HP and rather insane traverse. It went from being squishy to dying to a stiff breeze, and I haven't played enough yet but I'm pretty sure it's going to be seeing higher tiers more consistently than it used to.

One of the guys who let me frequent their TS said it needed the nerf and was a seal clubber/statpadder, but I've not seen any evidence that it needed to be emasculated.

Alaska_Viking #7 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 00:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25761 battles

What bothers me is that they took an already weak tank and made it weaker.  I liked mine, but I didn't play it as a medium, I played it as a light.

It was always the "weaker little brother" to the Sherman, and most people hated it. They could have merely turned on "moving camo" and called it a day.  The result would not have been OP.

I understand they lowered the DPM and health for the move to light, but how do you justify moving a tank to light and LOWERING it's view range?

In reply to the poster who "heard from a friend" this was a stat-padder's tank... one look at the average stats of all players of the tank in aggregate will prove that wrong.  I have below average overall WN8, but among ppl silly enough to play this tank, I'm a star. 

johnbono #8 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 12:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 41433 battles
  • [-MOB-] -MOB-

View PostAlaska_Viking, on Apr 20 2017 - 00:25, said:

What bothers me is that they took an already weak tank and made it weaker.  I liked mine, but I didn't play it as a medium, I played it as a light.

It was always the "weaker little brother" to the Sherman, and most people hated it. They could have merely turned on "moving camo" and called it a day.  The result would not have been OP.

I understand they lowered the DPM and health for the move to light, but how do you justify moving a tank to light and LOWERING it's view range?

In reply to the poster who "heard from a friend" this was a stat-padder's tank... one look at the average stats of all players of the tank in aggregate will prove that wrong.  I have below average overall WN8, but among ppl silly enough to play this tank, I'm a star. 

The thing about the M7 is that most people never got how to play it. Once you learned how to, it was lethal. It was one of my all time favorites.   Now it is just another crap light tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users