• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Sylvado #21 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 13:53

Major

• Players
  • 52032 battles
  • [LOAC] LOAC

View PostRunninKurt, on Apr 19 2017 - 13:33, said:

The light tanks arent blind. They have the same, or better view ranges than same-tier mediums. The light tanks have a higher camo value than the mediums though.

Basically WG dropped the whole "scout" nomenclature and stuck to tank classification by maneuverability/armor/speed. Lights shouldn't be expected to YOLO around the map and light everyone all game like they used to. Lights now play like mediums, but more like ninjas. Sneak in, hit em, and run out.

Sucks to be on LT personal missions then.

RunninKurt #22 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 13:54

Captain

• Players
  • 18727 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY

View PostSirDarklight, on Apr 19 2017 - 06:51, said:

the new system is only strict with the three classes that have very distinct gameplay roles (light tanks, tank destroyers and arty), as their uneven distribution between teams might ruin the balance of power. not seen it yet other then 3 arty max now for the other 2. not so i een 5 or 6 lites and more in matches 

What version of English was that?

View PostSylvado, on Apr 19 2017 - 06:52, said:

But are they scouts?

Nope. They're light tanks. Not a hard concept to understand. Take a medium tank, remove half of it's armor, and 1/5th of its firepower. Increase the camo, and you have a Light tank.

RunninKurt #23 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 13:55

Captain

• Players
  • 18727 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY

View PostSylvado, on Apr 19 2017 - 06:53, said:

Sucks to be on LT personal missions then.

I would expect those to be changed eventually. 

T_Bo #24 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 13:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30802 battles
  • [REJEX] REJEX
Arty stun is freaking retarded, even 0 damage splashes result in stunned crew members.  Game has become way more arcade like, most battles boil down to either getting wrecked by a bunch of run and gun fast moving auto loaders, stunned into oblivion by way too numerous Artie's, or driving down a corridor into a TD camp fest.

VooDooKobra #25 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 13:58

Major

• Players
  • 6361 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Apr 19 2017 - 04:29, said:

After 1 day of playing with the update here are my thoughts.

Match Maker

I had several battles all the same tier, and several battles with a 3-5-7 three tier split.

There is a missions to run the new light tanks so there has been a lot of LTs running around influencing the team make ups. Also the Luchs seems to be a monster now.

But I LOVE it. I personally have seen very few 15-1 or 3-15 blowouts. The only issues are:

1) Currently Arty cannot platoon. I think WG should allow 1 arty in each 3 tank platoon. Also

2) Tanks with pref MM. They cant be in mixed tier platoons and are being dragged up into tiers whey don't compete well in - WG seems is pretending they don't exist.

;)

Arty

I've found myself hit by arty a bunch of times yesterday causing me to panic and fight hard to stay alive. Sometimes I did, more often I didn't. Arty has killed me, but I felt like I had a fighting chance. This is good game play!  Besides, anything beats being instantly surprise deleted by the invisible mad-God. I like it. The only recommendation I have for WG is when you get stunned I'd like to see a brief moment of white-out or some dizzying effect to highlight what has happened. Right now there is a moment of confusion as to what caused damage (the tanks I'm trading with for example).

New LTs

Haven't played em. Can't comment.

​wasn't your second point with MM something that was already happening before the patch?  but I agree killing the arty/tank platoon was a bit of overkill.  arty, I was a little hesitant not knowing how bad the stun would be after reading some of the dead in the water for 30 second posts.  even the stun with a hit on my Lorraine I was able to make a break for it and not be dead after one mistake

personally I plan to play lights more, I want to get to one of the tier 10 but ya if they want these tanks usable in tier 10 competition they may have to tweak the tier 10 a bit

MacDaddyMatty #26 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 14:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 13796 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostVooDooKobra, on Apr 19 2017 - 07:58, said:

​wasn't your second point with MM something that was already happening before the patch?

Yes but before the patch you could have your Pref MM tank 1 tier higher than the other tanks in the 'toon.

Now all tanks have to be the same tier. So unless you are all running the same tier pref MM tanks, your pref MM tanks will (may) get yanked up an extra tier.

Block Quote

...even the stun with a hit on my Lorraine I was able to make a break for it and not be dead after one mistake

YUP. This 100%

Much better than being insta-deleted.

Sometimes you die, or get focused, but the new mechanics are much better than the old.

SirDarklight #27 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 14:23

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 29499 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI

View PostRunninKurt, on Apr 19 2017 - 12:54, said:

What version of English was that?

Nope. They're light tanks. Not a hard concept to understand. Take a medium tank, remove half of it's armor, and 1/5th of its firepower. Increase the camo, and you have a Light tank.

typo should proof read before post. they balanced arty. as for light tanks they run amuck in matches. you try to do a scout mission for spotting damage. with 5 other lights. in the match. not going to happen. what dose happen. is an over run.  15 kill to 2 kills, 15 n 0 miss matches. i do not know about you all but i like the down to the wire  win or losses. 

Bedwyr #28 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 14:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 57009 battles
  • [ZDT] ZDT

So far I have really enjoyed the new arty mechanics...especially when it comes to stunning Heavies(hiding around a corner) that want to play poke and peak like they're commandos in Call of Duty.

Also have found that moving the AMX 13 90 to tier IX has been a good move...I have really really enjoyed the game play, the only lights so far I found I really dislike since the up date is the SPIC and HAWK12 they are both almost too slow in speed and reload for real effective light work.

Edited by Bedwyr, Apr 19 2017 - 14:36.

Explodo #29 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 15:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28666 battles

It seems that people who play mostly fast tanks like the update and people who play mostly slow tanks don't.  Whoever is in charge of WoT these days doesn't want it to be a game of calculation and tactics, but just another stupid run-around-and-shoot-like-an-idiot shooter game.

I'm not impressed with the new MM so far....not unless they quickly balance a lot of tanks.

MacDaddyMatty #30 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 16:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 13796 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

The all tier 8 and all tier 5, etc games I played were a lot of fun.

Good players played well, poor players played poor - but still contributed some.

The 3-5-7 games were challenging at bottom their but not one sided blowouts.

Of course, this is a small sample of gameplay 1 day into the changes.

togo281 #31 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 16:50

Captain

• Players
  • 25718 battles

MM

When the MM was more than +/- 1 tier, World of Tanks didn't seem much different than before but, more games, felt more balanced when the MM was +/- 1 tier.  Noticed the MM performed better on the NA East server early in the day but, when the NA West population picked up it was the same. I'd like to see WG limit the MM to +/- 1 tier on the NA West Server even if it means 8 vs 8 or 5 vs 5 games.

Arty

I still don't think arty should to top tier in a game. Tier 6 or tier 7 arty in a tier 5 game arty seems over powered.

Lights

I still don't understand the view ranger nerf? Are mediums the new scouts?

Markd73 #32 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 17:11

Major

• Players
  • 28128 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

View PostSirDarklight, on Apr 19 2017 - 13:23, said:

typo should proof read before post. they balanced arty. as for light tanks they run amuck in matches. you try to do a scout mission for spotting damage. with 5 other lights. in the match. not going to happen. what dose happen. is an over run.  15 kill to 2 kills, 15 n 0 miss matches. i do not know about you all but i like the down to the wire  win or losses. 

You should proof read a bit more.

• Does not dose
  • Amok not amuck

Edited by Markd73, Apr 19 2017 - 17:11.

tanopasman62 #33 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 17:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10140 battles

View Postdanredda1616, on Apr 19 2017 - 13:26, said:

My Sheridan says otherwise. The combination of high camo and high viewrange allowed me to wreck mediums at ranges from 300+ without ever getting spotted (4 skill crew + optics)

Don't forget about the derp, you can sneak behind someone and put 1.000+dmg on them before they even react, it's like KV-2, but better.

Mr_Fantabulous #34 Posted Apr 19 2017 - 17:50

Captain

• Players
  • 24921 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ

View PostGollumsFish, on Apr 19 2017 - 07:03, said:

If you don't play light tanks, you won't know why this patch sucked as hard as it did.

They can easily fix the LTs, stop whining about them in every thread.

Panzerscheck #35 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 12:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 21339 battles
  • [-NFR-] -NFR-
after this patch i am loving arty's about 2 years ago i stopped playing arty was so not fun waiting for team to spot enemy aim click then waiting for reload and do again was SO boring now arty is fun to play. Just wish other arty players learn to T there targets so many times i T a target and as my round is in the air one of the other arty kills it if they had T the target i would aim for a different one so more then 1 target is getting hit and stunned that way it helps the team but when all arty's fire on same target yea it might get killed but now all arty's are waiting for reloads and that is bad for the team. Seems to me that no one cares if team wins or loses as long as there personal score improves even a very little WG needs some way to get the team work back into the game cause in all the adds and interviews i have seen for WoT the say over and over that it is a team based game and too date i have seen very little team work.

MacDaddyMatty #36 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 13:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 13796 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

After 2 days of playing the new patch....

I do like it very much.

MM is not perfect but VASTLY improved.

Arty is much better to play with (learn to shoot stunned tanks people!) and against.

BunnyHopHop #37 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 14:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 21645 battles
I love the arty changes.  As someone that really, really wanted to like the Type 5 Heavy, even after 9.17 I thought it still sucked because it was cannon fodder on any open map with at least one arty.  Now, while I can be stunned I can at least attempt to be effective on any map.

chambax #38 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 15:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 13145 battles
  • [_B-Z_] _B-Z_

View Post1Thorn12, on Apr 19 2017 - 09:28, said:

As an avid LT player, I was quite hesitant about this patch. After 15 battles in the MT-25, AMX 12t, and 59-16 (~3-5 battles in each), I think--with the exception of having too little view range--that they are fairly well balanced. Aside from the MT-25 receiving a top speed nerf, the maneuverability doesn't seem to have changed much, and the lower tiering in MM really makes up for the loss in firepower. Unfortunately, they seem somewhat blind, especially in comparison to MTs and TDs. Overall, it doesn't seem to be all doom and gloom, and I think they'd be fairly well balanced if they received about 10-20 more meters of view range. 

Unfortunately, I was too impatient to wait for a match-up at tier 8 and 9 to play the LTTB, WB, T71, T-54 LT, and RU 251. So, I still have to see how bad things are there. 

yesterday I played a lot of tier VIII/IX LT battles, mostly LTTB and RU251, reason? those tank got DPM a little nerf but accuracy is still the same and I relay on keeping the distance (and hit the enemy, really WG, .44 dispersion for the t100 lt? how do you spec us to hit anything from longer than 250/300 mts where given view range of all tier X tanks you are going to be irremediably detected) to win. Server still plagued with light tanks, I got like 3 or 4 master medal while playing those tanks, my lights felt very strong with the new MM. Good games, nothing really out of this world but good games, so balance is kind of there. Both tanks have 5 skills crew member I can really notice the difference in view range, the ru251 is like 508mts I out spoted everything under tier X. At tier X matches nothing to do against MT.. looking forward for the get an X LT but I already know it needs a gun buff to stay competitive, DPM/ACC is way to sh*tty cant say for view range I would like to get one first to confirm.

1Thorn12 #39 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 06:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 23178 battles

As far as I know, LTs are the first line of scouts in a match, and they are expected to be scouts. At the moment, LTs have 360-370 meters of view range while meds and TDs have between 350 and 370 meters base view range. So, LTs are sacrificing everything for better camo (especially so while moving). However, even the camos aren't THAT much better to justify the view range. To illustrate, I made a spreadsheet comparing view ranges, camo while stationary, camo while moving, DPM, accuracy, and aim time. All statistics were measured with the in-game comparison tool. All vehicles had 100% crew with full skills in camo, BIA, Recon, and Situational Awareness. Setup for all vehicles was originally coated optics, rammer, and improved ventilation with camouflage paint job and premium consumable (food). Vehicles with binoculars did not have coated optics and dropped improved ventilation for camouflage net to reflect likely in-game setup. I do realize many of the medium tanks would probably opt for Vert Stabs over optics (e.g. the M4A3E8 and M4A3E2), and LTs are generally slightly faster. So, it is not a completely accurate assessment of a typical in-game situation.

Spoiler

LTs are supposed to be the eyes of the team, play vision control, provide support fire into distracted enemies, and skirmish to slow down enemy advances. As of patch 9.18, the tier 6 LTs are basically medium tanks that trade a lot of firepower and armor for some speed and camouflage on the move. I'm not saying LTs are under powered garbage, and I'm not saying they are useless. For the most part, LTs have the speed to take advantageous positions a few seconds before a same-tier med can, and they can get in and out of situations slightly better than most same-tier meds can. However, at the moment, tier 6 LTs are more akin to fast medium tanks than they are to scouts, and they get out VRed by TDs. 

Spoiler: Mathematics of TD vs LT View Range

So, what I'm suggesting is that tier 6 needs some tweaking on the view range by either buffing the LTs by 5-20 meters, or nerfing TDs and MTs by 5-20 meters, or some combination of the two (e.g., buff LTs by 5 meters v/r and nerf TDs/MTs by 5 meters v/r). That way, the LTs can be better scouts and not just fast mediums with mediocre guns.

MacDaddyMatty #40 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 12:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 13796 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

YES

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/539891-i-may-get-raged-on-but-nerf-vr/

Hi WG,

Since we are playing on very small maps, in order to make LTs an important piece of the game (and not a bad MT wannabe), I recommend reducing ALL TANKS View Range by 1/3 - EXCEPT the Light Tanks.

Good VR.

Good speed.

Cammo on the move.

good pen low alpha guns.

Low armor.

YMMV

Also tagged with 0.9.18 Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users