0.9.18 Feedback

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

DoubleJR #41 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 36636 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Arty counters light tanks more than ever with bigger splash radius and accuracy +rof. Yea, taking an aggressive position "in cover" will just get you splashed to death. Feel like arty will want to shoot lighter armored tanks more now too. xD

reddy44 #42 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 17:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8949 battles
  • [EATU] EATU
Please do away with stun effect on arty. Having a shell land 30 ft away should not stun your crew. If not able to remove please make the radius of the effect smaller. I agree changes where needed, but when there is 3 artys the keep your crew stunned till your dead if focused on your tank.

Blucraft #43 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 17:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7188 battles

I'm pretty happy with these changes.  

-Blu

Nexdominus #44 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 17:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 14914 battles
This entire game just became a race to kill arty after the changes from the 9.18 patch.  If you're not in Arty or one of the fastest tanks in the game you've got no chance at all of doing anything productive.  The only way to play and win now is play arty and win 10 games in a row like I just did or play a light tank and race across the map to kill their arty and maybe give your team a .001% of winning at all and that's if you can survive long enough to actually do anything.  RIP Heavies, RIP anything slower than 60 kph.

If you can't reach the other side of the map in less than 20 seconds, forget it because your team just lost the game.  WARGAMING NEEDS TO MAKE THIS GO AWAY IMMEDIATELY or they may as well rename "World of Tanks" to "Race to Kill Arty"

MacDaddyMatty #45 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 06:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 13796 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Nexdominus,

Stop copy-pasting this in every thread please.

Sylvado #46 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 13:33

Major

• Players
  • 52038 battles
  • [LOAC] LOAC
Played about a dozen battles in arty last night, never had an early rush on me. Had a battle in my Type 4 and I noticed that my spall liner does very well with the new alpha for arties. Seems we are playing on different servers.

conan_the_tank #47 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 14:43

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25370 battles

I played about 20 games last night and came away feeling pretty positive about the changes.  My takeaway:

1. Lights tanks seem quite capable.  In particular, I saw platoons running all over the battlefield (nevermind corridors, it seems) and just terrorizing enemies caught out in the open or alone, leaving me to believe the last-minute nerfs wg applied to LTs were a good thing.  My guess is that, moving forward, LTs will be the tank of choice for high-skill players wanting to strut their stuff.  But we'll see.

2. The arty stun mechanic is a big improvement.  Don't get me wrong- I'm not suddenly an arty lover- but the changes are a step in the right direction.  And I like being able to see where friendly arty is aiming.  Knowing when you have arty support is great.  I need to learn more about it, though- can a tank be stunned by friendly arty?

3. Being able to reuse med kits and repair packs is excellent.  I love this change- no more perma-ammo rack and perma-engine damage- and it offsets the arty stun thing to a certain degree, as there really isn't any reason not to use your med kit.  LOVE IT.

4. The map rotation seemed improved, though more testing is required.  In any case, this change was long overdue.

5. I was worried about the new "pattern" mm, but it turns out it is pretty good.  So far, anyway, I like it.

So, yeah, I'm feeling pretty good about the new patch.

General___Disarray #48 Posted May 12 2017 - 02:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2619 battles

View Postmikeathome87, on Apr 19 2017 - 13:10, said:

Right? I mean for as upset as people are about having arty on the other team, you'd think they wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot by letting their arty die. Some people are just idiots...

your an excelent example of that dipstick now go shoot yourself in your other foot  DA .,By the way your whole family are idiots , probably all that  inbreeding ?  is this the first time you actually realized ,  your the idiot , glad to help . And congrats. on your self realization . now before you forgrt , tie a string around your finger so you wont forget your the  idiot . 

Edited by General___Disarray, May 12 2017 - 02:45.

Also tagged with 0.9.18 Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users