• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

ThePigSheFlies #21 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 14:38

Major

• Players
  • 59075 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostSwizsedtoast, on Apr 20 2017 - 00:59, said:

They made same number balances to everything BUT heavies and mediums while not taking into consideration hitpoints for those of you illterates.

I've been playing common test for over two weeks, including at times where the server pop is up in the range closer to NA's peak times of 20k+ players.

no, they have not taken hit point pools into the MM balancing equation.  In fact, just as frequently as past patches I've seen the enemy, or my own team have 5k+ hp advantages due to lopping all of the platooned maus and type5 heavies on one side, and mediums + tds on the other...

the outcome in the chaotic world of test is never assured.  if the medium/td team doesn't engage in areas where the hp pools are an advantage (e.g. the south meat grinder no paris) then the mediums+tds often use said heavies as a pinata.  but I've also seen it go disastrously the other way as well

SEL_BGM #22 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 14:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3649 battles
Who would have thunk it.  Now the whiners are moving towards the heavies.  Life just ain't fair, you don't win all the time, no matter how they change the game to make you do so.

SynapticSqueeze #23 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 15:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11148 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

View PostSEL_BGM, on Apr 20 2017 - 13:40, said:

Who would have thunk it.  Now the whiners are moving towards the heavies.  Life just ain't fair, you don't win all the time, no matter how they change the game to make you do so.

Your reading comprehension is beyond appalling.

No one here is whining about heavies and nerfing them. People want an MM engine that generates somewhat balanced teams in terms of class and tier distribution. 8 heavies vs. 8 mediums means one of the teams will be at a severe disadvantage, depending on the map and presence of arty. Often, the advantage goes to the heavies due to a massive leg up in effective HP. Sometimes it goes to the medium team because Fiery Salient + arty.

Notice how no one said "nerf armor and HP on heavies so they're closer to mediums?" Or are you too busy being butthurt about one of the 9.18 changes to actually read and comprehend things before spewing?

Bobomite #24 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 15:52

Captain

• Players
  • 18489 battles
  • [BOBO] BOBO

It is amazing how people can miss the most basic information even when it is plain as day.

No - the MM change has nothing to do with the number of heavies on each team.

Gingerkins #25 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 16:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 2411 battles

View PostXeraux, on Apr 20 2017 - 07:58, said:

Quote from your screenshot: "The improved matchmaker adds tank destroyers to the equation. Medium and heavy tanks still get distributed randomly..."

Before attacking someone for misunderstanding a post, make sure YOU fully understand it. Also never highlight something that proves you wrong.

And maybe YOU need to learn to read before throwing in your worthless 2 cents...

1. The OP was defending himself against an attack from CanOfTomatoes. Read CanOfTomatoes reply, he is a condescending [blank] and his answer still wasn't even right. If someone doesn't 100% know the answer, they shouldn't act so high and mighty when they answer it.

2. OP's reply specifically said "I must've just missed that detail" - he found the webpage where he saw it, highlighted the passage and screenshot it for all to see. So your idea of "Also never highlight something that proves you wrong" is as useless as tits on a man because the OP willingly admitted he missed that part about no heavy/med being balanced.

View PostIronclad73, on Apr 20 2017 - 14:11, said:

So OP, you didn't know what you were talking about, and then you get mad at others who point out the facts? Like they say, ignorance is bliss I guess.

No, he (like all of us) got annoyed when some know-nothing fart sniffer that was FAR more wrong then he was came in and effectively called him stupid.

If CanOfTomatoes had just replied "no tank balancing was ever considered" I am sure OP would not have got defensive. Just found the webpage and said he found it... Instead, Can's reply was WAY out of line. Extremely condescending and extremely wrong.

Geek_Verve #26 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 16:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6868 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

Just last night we had a match with at least 5-HTs on the enemy team and none on ours. We had significantly more mediums.

Korlog #27 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 16:46

Private

• -Players-
  • 4089 battles
  • [HIGH5] HIGH5
They said that LTs, SPGs, and TDs will be balanced within one tank of each team. They explicitly said that MTs and HTs will not be balanced against each other in the MM

Markd73 #28 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 16:58

Major

• Players
  • 28431 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

View PostByracki, on Apr 20 2017 - 06:07, said:

I read it word for word every day notes are released... I must've just missed that detail.

And no, I did not bother to test it... and obviously your dumb[edited] didn't either (even though you are heavily implying you did) since you are clueless.

Obviously, as per the screenshot attached, you are full of [edited] and know nothing.

Next time you have a thought you think makes you look smart, keep it to yourself, it will save you a lot of embarrassment.

Go [edited] yourself.

Don't let your ego and emotions get in the way. You were mistaken and got called out on it. Admit you are wrong (at least to yourself) and move on.

Going full Ad Hominem on someone who points out your error is a waste of time.

Husarski #29 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 17:15

Major

• Players
  • 31001 battles

Sometimes the more heavies win sometimes they don't. Had a battle widepark which is heavy paradise. Their heavies and they had 8 to our 2, refused to push and just clustered on the west side by the railway bridge. Mediums pushed the east flank and then flank fired the heavy cluster. Pwnage ensued. 15 - 6 Win.

Heavies don't matter so much as BRAINS.

CanOfTomatoes #30 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 01:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 19026 battles

View PostByracki, on Apr 20 2017 - 00:07, said:

I read it word for word every day notes are released... I must've just missed that detail.

And no, I did not bother to test it... and obviously your dumb[edited] didn't either (even though you are heavily implying you did) since you are clueless.

Obviously, as per the screenshot attached, you are full of [edited] and know nothing.

Next time you have a thought you think makes you look smart, keep it to yourself, it will save you a lot of embarrassment.

Go [edited] yourself.

Listen you total DUMB [edited]read the crap you screenshot...HEAVY'S AND MEDIUMS STILL REMAIN RANDOM...STILL REMAIN RANDOM...STILL REMAIN RANDOM..WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN DIPSHICK...STILL REMAIN RANDOM>>RANDOM LOOK IT UP..AND GENIUS IT SAID THAT TDS LTS AND SPGS were taken in consideration

See the part Random..random..random..heavys and medium...RANDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by CanOfTomatoes, Apr 21 2017 - 02:11.

Inmate060714 #31 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 02:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4273 battles

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Apr 19 2017 - 23:48, said:

You are one of the people which didnt bother to actually read the change and understand it. Nor did you bother to get involved in testing it..let other do that and then complain about it. No where did they even hint that the new MM was going to balance tank types. They did balance tank tiers as stated. MM is the foundation of the game and changing it without extended real game test time is absolutely foolish. They also clearly stated this was step one...step two will come after they make sure there is NO extended down time with the program that you have to wait 2 minutes for a match.

No MM is 100% and with the small population on NA the pool to balance from is smaller and will cause matches that dont balance tank types. If you ever played on a high pop server you would know this is much less of an issue there.

Perhaps actually reading and understanding a change would keep you from being surprised in the future. Also participation in the testing of it might help change some things that need input on??????

This guy gets my vote for topic A-HOLE!

CanOfTomatoes #32 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 02:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 19026 battles

View PostInmate060714, on Apr 20 2017 - 19:04, said:

Good thanks for the up vote for being 100% correct the post the OP made is wrong...WG made it clear as hopefully you can read that heavys and mediums will remain random...so what he is [edited]about was explained by WG clearly...snowflake...he stupidly highlighted and quoted it as me being incorrect..which is not a good idea to screenshot and post something that proves the post you are trying to disprove is right...but thanks for picking me as the [edited]it really doesn't bother me..thanks again.

Gingerkins #33 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 02:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 2411 battles

View PostMarkd73, on Apr 20 2017 - 16:58, said:

Don't let your ego and emotions get in the way. You were mistaken and got called out on it. Admit you are wrong (at least to yourself) and move on.

Going full Ad Hominem on someone who points out your error is a waste of time.

All the OP did was just tell the super rude guy that his answer was not correct either, so he shouldn't be a [edited]...

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Apr 21 2017 - 01:58, said:

Listen you total DUMB [edited]read the crap you screenshot...HEAVY'S AND MEDIUMS STILL REMAIN RANDOM...STILL REMAIN RANDOM...STILL REMAIN RANDOM..WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN DIPSHICK...STILL REMAIN RANDOM>>RANDOM LOOK IT UP..AND GENIUS IT SAID THAT TDS LTS AND SPGS were taken in consideration

See the part Random..random..random..heavys and medium...RANDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is still being a [edited], reported.

A few posts ago you said:

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Apr 20 2017 - 06:48, said:

You are one of the people which didnt bother to actually read the change and understand it. Nor did you bother to get involved in testing it..let other do that and then complain about it. No where did they even hint that the new MM was going to balance tank types. They did balance tank tiers as stated. MM is the foundation of the game and changing it without extended real game test time is absolutely foolish. They also clearly stated this was step one...step two will come after they make sure there is NO extended down time with the program that you have to wait 2 minutes for a match.

So which is it? The incorrect snap call you made? Or the one you are trying to pass off now as your own idea?

View PostInmate060714, on Apr 21 2017 - 02:04, said:

indeed

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Apr 21 2017 - 02:17, said:

Good thanks for the up vote for being 100% correct the post the OP made is wrong...WG made it clear as hopefully you can read that heavys and mediums will remain random...so what he is [edited]about was explained by WG clearly...snowflake...he stupidly highlighted and quoted it as me being incorrect..which is not a good idea to screenshot and post something that proves the post you are trying to disprove is right...but thanks for picking me as the [edited]it really doesn't bother me..thanks again.

The OP's title is wrong. There is no heavy balancing.

You, however, were more wrong by saying NO TANK TYPES WERE BALANCED.

He did highlight and quote you as incorrect, BECAUSE YOU WERE INCORRECT.

AXELGREASE #34 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 03:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13251 battles

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Apr 20 2017 - 05:48, said:

No MM is 100% and with the small population on NA the pool to balance from is smaller and will cause matches that dont balance tank types. If you ever played on a high pop server you would know this is much less of an issue there.

Perhaps actually reading and understanding a change would keep you from being surprised in the future. Also participation in the testing of it might help change some things that need input on??????

For your reading pleasure direct from the patch notes.

"Specific features of the new matchmaker:

Pattern-based matchmaker. The new matchmaker for Random Battles based on predetermined patterns. Pattern is a complex of team characteristics, including the number of vehicles at the top/middle/bottom of the team list, number of Platoons, number of light/medium/heavy tanks, SPGs, and tank destroyers.  ..."

Please note highlighted section.  I do believe they are claiming to consider the tank type in their, WG's, algorithm.   

Have a great weekend!

Fbomb #35 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 05:09

Captain

• Players
  • 21635 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

CW battle, more heavies = lose

Pub battle, more heavies= curbstomp

MountainLion1 #36 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 05:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17977 battles
  • [TMBPK] TMBPK
They said that lights, TD's, and arty will be equal but that heavies and mediums would not be in the formula. Which can mean that there will be 7 heavies against 7 mediums. The tanks types don't even have to match tiers on each side, there can be tier VIII heavies against tier VI mediums or tier VIII arty against Tier X arty.

Edited by MountainLion1, Apr 21 2017 - 05:46.

Davenport #37 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 06:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31620 battles
  • [-TDR-] -TDR-

View PostHusarski, on Apr 20 2017 - 17:15, said:

Sometimes the more heavies win sometimes they don't. Had a battle widepark which is heavy paradise. Their heavies and they had 8 to our 2, refused to push and just clustered on the west side by the railway bridge. Mediums pushed the east flank and then flank fired the heavy cluster. Pwnage ensued. 15 - 6 Win.

Heavies don't matter so much as BRAINS.

In my experience, when one team has at least 2 or 3 more heavies, they'll win 90% of the time. I've seen matches 8 heavies vs 1. How is that balanced? Team A has much higher armor to pen and many more hit points to chew through, assuming they're penned, than Team B. It's basic math. Heavies need to be balanced. Period. Their example with the Type 91 in the patch notes is flawed. They won't balance heavies because of one or 2 tanks? That's just a lazy excuse. Make the Type 91 a medium then or make heavy tanks start at tier 5. It's not hard to fix.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users