Jump to content


System Requirements for New Graphics?

New Graphics System Requirements Hardware Requirements

  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Aguiwar #1 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 23:16

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 9189 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    01-31-2015

I would like to have an idea on what kind of system will be needed in order to play on 1080@60FPS. To begin to save money for new graphics card, for example.

 

I'm currently runing the game on a 2GB GTX 960 and a 4790K CPU with 16GB of RAM. Will that be enough?


Edited by Aguiwar, Apr 20 2017 - 23:18.


Driftin #2 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 23:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 25903 battles
  • 3,613
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011

Should run the game fine at max graphics. I had an old i5 running 3.66 ghz and a 960 superclocked and I ran consistently near 60 and smooth. With your much better cpu(which matters to WOT), you should be fine with what you have. The 4.5 ghz i7 and the 1080 I have now are way overkill for WOT. The FPS counter is just pinned to 120. Think that's as high as it shows.

 


Edited by Driftin, Apr 20 2017 - 23:42.


Maltfourti #3 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 23:42

    Captain

  • Players
  • 37612 battles
  • 1,398
  • [-M1-] -M1-
  • Member since:
    11-05-2012
That should be plenty. Maybe not with absolutely every setting maxxed, but not sure. Last year I was running it on the good old GTX 750ti at 1080, well over 60fps, with most settings maxxed or midway. On a 1050 now, everything max, over 100 fps no problems.

taopaipai #4 Posted Apr 20 2017 - 23:44

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 31282 battles
  • 59
  • [BTV] BTV
  • Member since:
    03-09-2011

Moderated by Volier_Zcit


Edited by Volier_Zcit, Apr 21 2017 - 05:34.


xxtankmasterx #5 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 00:49

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16853 battles
  • 103
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011

View PostAguiwar, on Apr 20 2017 - 23:16, said:

I would like to have an idea on what kind of system will be needed in order to play on 1080@60FPS. To begin to save money for new graphics card, for example.

 

I'm currently runing the game on a 2GB GTX 960 and a 4790K CPU with 16GB of RAM. Will that be enough?

 

that will be enough for 1080p for a long while yet, anything more then a 960 4gb is overkill for 1080p right now.

xxtankmasterx #6 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 00:51

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16853 battles
  • 103
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011

View PostDriftin, on Apr 20 2017 - 23:41, said:

Should run the game fine at max graphics. I had an old i5 running 3.66 ghz and a 960 superclocked and I ran consistently near 60 and smooth. With your much better cpu(which matters to WOT), you should be fine with what you have. The 4.5 ghz i7 and the 1080 I have now are way overkill for WOT. The FPS counter is just pinned to 120. Think that's as high as it shows.

 

 

its probably your G-sync preventing it from going higher, i have that same thing with a 980ti manually overclocked to 1525mhz. cause that is what prevents mine for going 120+

Driftin #7 Posted Apr 23 2017 - 01:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 25903 battles
  • 3,613
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011

View Postxxtankmasterx, on Apr 20 2017 - 18:51, said:

 

its probably your G-sync preventing it from going higher, i have that same thing with a 980ti manually overclocked to 1525mhz. cause that is what prevents mine for going 120+

 

I basically built my new system with a 3840 x1440 curved monitor in mind, but I haven't gotten it yet, so still on a 60hz 1080p monitor. I just turn vsync on for most games so it doesn't run hard for no reason. No one needs 200+fps in games.

antitanks #8 Posted May 13 2017 - 09:43

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 41824 battles
  • 11
  • [HORDA] HORDA
  • Member since:
    04-09-2011

You Should Run it at 1080p - 60 FPS I run WOT with a Laptop with Core i5 7300HQ , 16 Gb Ram DDR4 2400 , GTX 1050 4GB 

60-100 fps everything ultra and 1080 MSAHQ 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users