fairmm makewotgreatagain wow 9.18

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

TeachMeTheWays #1 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 06:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9426 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Is this what WG seriously thinks as fair? In a city map and the game was over in 2 min.

I thought MM was improved?

Attached Files

• Attached File   GGWG.PNG   38.61K

Xeraux #2 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 06:07

Major

• Players
  • 24441 battles

Looks like your idiot heavies threw the game.

Either way, MM randomly distributes mediums and heavies. It's a fact, and it works most of the time. Make the most of the fair matches and suck it up for the [few] matches like the one you kind of show here.

Innokenty #3 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 06:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 30043 battles
Yeah, well I don't think MM was ever designed to get better - just SOUND like its getting better. I'm generally not a whiner, but this game is NOT what it used to be. 

Shadora #4 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 06:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21753 battles

The game has been garbage for some time now, but I think even the hardcore fanbois have to admit this company has no idea what they are doing and need to be replaced.

The arty changes are terrible, you get AoE stunned in almost every game as a heavy and die to everyone else around shooting.  The MM is a disgrace and this remains the most unbalanced, skill less game I have ever played.  When 25% RNG dictates your gameplay, you know the game is garbage.

I also believe other factors at game start like view range, pen and accuracy are set for one team or another.  Total trash.

Please, whoever owns this game, get rid of these people destroying your game and find some people who will listen to what people want.  They are running it into the ground.

The sandbox has been going on for over a year and the only thing to come out of it is worse gameplay.  They need to go.  The time is a year ago.

VooDooKobra #5 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 06:11

Major

• Players
  • 8898 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
all they did was tiers, that's it they said they might do heavy tank break down later after getting part one done right but at no point in this patch did they say that heavies would be equalized

Xeraux #6 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 06:20

Major

• Players
  • 24441 battles

View PostShadora, on Apr 20 2017 - 21:09, said:

The game has been garbage for some time now, but I think even the hardcore fanbois have to admit this company has no idea what they are doing and need to be replaced.

The arty changes are terrible, you get AoE stunned in almost every game as a heavy and die to everyone else around shooting.  The MM is a disgrace and this remains the most unbalanced, skill less game I have ever played.  When 25% RNG dictates your gameplay, you know the game is garbage.

This is the only paragraph I disagree with. Firstly, "almost every game" is a slight exaggeration. If not in your case, you're on an unlucky streak. Hope it gets better.

The MM seems pretty good, but definitely room for improvement. More on that outside the quote.

As for the RNG dictating gameplay? No. RNG dictates only what the lazy player doesn't.

I also believe other factors at game start like view range, pen and accuracy are set for one team or another.  Total trash.

Please, whoever owns this game, get rid of these people destroying your game and find some people who will listen to what people want.  They are running it into the ground.

The sandbox has been going on for over a year and the only thing to come out of it is worse gameplay.  They need to go.  The time is a year ago.

Thoughts on the MM:

There's no perfect way to balance all tank types, since platoons of one tank or type can throw a wrench into that kind of system, and because it leaves some people in the queue for a length of time that is, in this era, too long.

Something I thought about a year ago or so is something like this. Give every tank a rating, X/1000, based on their top configurations (or bottom, whichever, as long as they're all measured equally), and go first by tier, then by tank type (at least for arty, TDs, and lights, which is already done), and for the mediums and heavies you can use the point system. But what about Himmelsdorf? Well, something like a Maus, a massive, heavily armored brawler, will get a point boost of some percent (or maybe a finite boost determined by the map), which means it'll be matches as better than a Bat Chat 25t, since the BC, so out of it's element, gets no point boost. Maybe even a detrimental adjustment.

I haven't though of it since then, so maybe it's flawed - I don't know, I've never programmed a matchmaking system.

View PostVooDooKobra, on Apr 20 2017 - 21:11, said:

all they did was tiers, that's it they said they might do heavy tank break down later after getting part one done right but at no point in this patch did they say that heavies would be equalized

Well, they don't only do tiers. They also do lights, tank destroyers, and artillery.

taopaipai #7 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 06:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 41506 battles
That's only half of the story, you need to show the tiers.

Pela46 #8 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 06:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 54406 battles
  • [NOB] NOB
They said that they were going to fix the MM and of the last 100 games that I play, I only win 30 as much, and those that I lost, they were by beating, that is 2-15, 3-15 1-15, a total disaster, and then Come to talk about algorithms and I do not know that crapanymore, it's crap, now if I already get tired of this game [edited].

awildseaking #9 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 07:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12023 battles
  • [NEET] NEET

View PostXeraux, on Apr 21 2017 - 06:07, said:

Either way, MM randomly distributes mediums and heavies. It's a fact, and it works most of the time. Make the most of the fair matches and suck it up for the [few] matches like the one you kind of show here.

Doesn't surprise me that you have to be this delusional to hang around for so long. Matchmaking in this game has never worked at any point in time.

Edited by awildseaking, Apr 21 2017 - 07:20.

Big_Tidday_Goth_GF #10 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 07:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 17847 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostXeraux, on Apr 20 2017 - 21:07, said:

He's right.  Every time this happens it is notable...especially because you always get the one guy kvetching about not having enough heavies even though meds > heavies.

VooDooKobra #11 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 07:29

Major

• Players
  • 8898 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostXeraux, on Apr 20 2017 - 22:20, said:

Well, they don't only do tiers. They also do lights, tank destroyers, and artillery.

you are right, thank you for correcting my error.  I forgot about that

Jer1413 #12 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 12:11

Captain

• Players
  • 46122 battles
  • [RR13] RR13

View PostPela46, on Apr 21 2017 - 05:57, said:

They said that they were going to fix the MM and of the last 100 games that I play, I only win 30 as much, and those that I lost, they were by beating, that is 2-15, 3-15 1-15, a total disaster, and then Come to talk about algorithms and I do not know that crapanymore, it's crap, now if I already get tired of this game [edited].

​I didn't realize they were fixing MM just so you could win more.

supersolid #13 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 12:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 50091 battles
  • [DICE] DICE

Your screenshot does not tell the whole story my friend, what were the tiers involved and how many.  For all we know, your team could have t10 mediums and they have t8 heavies, I'll take that kind of match up all day long.  Secondly, one battle never tells the whole story nor does it indicate any kind of trend. Mediums and heavies are not balanced by the new MM, please read the patch notes before coming to the forums to complain about it.  Nor did WG ever claim that the new MM would eliminate ROFL stomp matches, the player base and it's occasional poor gameplay is still there in all its glory and sometimes even good teams lose to RNG.  Secondly, 50% of the time your team gets stomped, 50% of the time your team does the stomping (I don't see anyone complaining about winning ROFL stomps, because that was all skill right?), it's a wash in the end.

I have played 50-60 battles since 9.18 came out and my experience has been that the new MM is working exactly as advertised, I am consistently getting into 3-5-7 battles with arty, lights and TDs balanced between teams and the map rotation is soooo much better. It's hard to tell when some folks of simply trolling with posts like this, but honestly I just don't see how anyone who has objectively looked at the differences between 9.17 MM and 9.18 MM can conclude anything other than its a big improvement.  

Edited by supersolid, Apr 21 2017 - 13:00.

Also tagged with fairmm, makewotgreatagain, wow, 9.18

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users