Premium ammo Y or N

Game Balance

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Premium ammo Y or N (59 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you thing Premium ammo should stay as is or change

1. Yes change (22 votes [37.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.29%

2. No stay as is (37 votes [62.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.71%

Vote Hide poll

craigie6666 #1 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 09:44

Private

• Players
  • 10765 battles
  • [SUCIO] SUCIO
I think premium ammo needs to go or get changed its braking the game 6 out of 10 games I'm killed by some one auto aiming and using gold rounds. It needs to go back to gold only or add in over pin were too high of pin on a tank IE light tanks and arty that the damage gets cut way down say like 50% of normal damage. I'm pretty sure that this game was balanced using normal shell stats "if I'm wrong put something up that proves it" not Premium so the over use of premium shell are braking the game people seem to thank it's "OK" to use them sure if you have the credits or cant aim and has a lot money but a lot of people don't. I would like to hear what WG staff has to say about this and enlighten us on what they may or may not do. My bet is on they will do nothing do to greed so many game's get so big and then greedy and stop caring about the player's and the fairness of their game they just start pushing things out to make it look like their trying. I'm not hating on WG but what was once a good game has come to something like this

pukalo #2 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 09:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8014 battles
  • [CDN] CDN
Premium ammo does need work. I HATE redundancy, so I hate it when premium rounds are used when regular ammo would do the job every time. Yes, sometimes I use APCR to snipe escaping arties or light tanks but that's because APCR flies faster and the enemy has less time to react. If I'm in a Centurion I and I'm brawling against a Pershing I will use AP every time since it's more than enough to deal with a Pershing's armour. I think WG should make the ammo in WoT like it is in War Thunder; AP is a general use round, APCR flies faster, has more penetration, but does far less damage. HE does more damage, but has low penetration, HESH does drastically more module damage, but less splash damage than HE, and HEAT is unaffected by distance, but has higher penetration, but low damage.

Cpl_DevilDog #3 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 10:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 3850 battles
Dead horse.  I don't care if some one uses Prem ammo.  I try and not get shot.  Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.  I use a mix, and fire both depending on job needed done at time.  Plus if I fire prem I will take more time to aim cause prem rounds do bounce and I don't like to waste creds.  Mom is tight with the credit card, lol. I think ammo, tanks, and map should be all alike idea would make a boring game. Have fun and good luck.

GHOSTofPATTON #4 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 11:43

Private

• Players
  • 3835 battles
  • [5D2] 5D2
It should have never been added and should be removed.  With that said aside from T9 lights and up I always shoot gold in my lights......ALWAYS 

alexgt9123 #5 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 11:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5695 battles
  • [E_L_C] E_L_C

View PostGHOSTofPATTON, on Apr 21 2017 - 11:43, said:

It should have never been added and should be removed.  With that said aside from T9 lights and up I always shoot gold in my lights......ALWAYS 

You do reallize the tier 9 lights got like a 30mm pen buff all-round. Gold is mostly unnecessary.

TodSoldat #6 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 12:15

Major

• Players
  • 31234 battles
  • [-M4-] -M4-
When I'm not grinding credits I love pounding that 2 key as it helps get forum topics started

Tupinambis #7 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 12:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34528 battles

Premium ammo is and always has been an incredibly dumb and poorly thought out aspect of this game. Its one of the main reasons why we have this stupid corridor map meta right now. When heavies were getting screwed over by gold ammo, especially by TD's, instead of doing something about the ammo itself WG decided to completely overhaul the map meta and completely bone most lights and most TD's.

The problem is that premium ammo is still as idiotic as ever, only now it feels more necessary because of the stupid maps and super-heavy tank buffs to compensate for how stupid premium ammo still is. WG could simply have rebalanced premium ammo and then NOT changed the maps and overbuffed superheavies.

The good news is that there's some actual real possibility that rebalanced premium ammo is going to be a thing. https://thearmoredpa...s-being-tested/

If it ends up making Blitz less idiotic it can make regular WOT less idiotic too.

Tupinambis #8 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 12:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34528 battles

View PostCpl_DevilDog, on Apr 21 2017 - 10:54, said:

Dead horse.  I don't care if some one uses Prem ammo.  I try and not get shot.  Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.  I use a mix, and fire both depending on job needed done at time.  Plus if I fire prem I will take more time to aim cause prem rounds do bounce and I don't like to waste creds.  Mom is tight with the credit card, lol. I think ammo, tanks, and map should be all alike idea would make a boring game. Have fun and good luck.

Your argument for why you don't think its a problem is literally an argument for why its soft-P2W.

TodSoldat #9 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 12:23

Major

• Players
  • 31234 battles
  • [-M4-] -M4-

View PostTupinambis, on Apr 21 2017 - 06:19, said:

If it ends up making Blitz less idiotic it can make regular WOT less idiotic too.

Making this game like Blitz would be its downfall

TRK213_Turkey #10 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 12:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4109 battles

Lieutenant Ricochet leads the bedraggled remnants of his crew into Regimental Headquarters for debriefing.  In the background tank recovery vehicles drag the still smoking husks of his platoon’s tanks off to the repair depot.

General Confusion:  What happened out there, lieutenant?

Lieutenant Ricochet:  We couldn’t penetrate their armor, sir.

General Confusion <frowning>:  Those [edited] R&D pukes guaranteed me that those new armor piercing golden bullets would do the trick!  Did the new rounds misfire, maybe jam the guns or were they just inaccurate?

Lieutenant Ricochet<nervous>:  Not exactly, sir.

General Confusion <frowning more>:  Well what exactly did happen, lieutenant?

Lieutenant Ricochet<sweating >:  Ummm, we didn’t fire the new ammo, sir.

General Confusion <scowling>:  You  didn’t  fire  the  new  ammo…  And why might that be, lieutenant?

Lieutenant Ricochet<squirming >:  It was the other tankers, sir.  They laughed at us and called us names like “gold spamming wallet warrior noob tomatoes”, sir.  They hurt our feelings, sir, and after that we just couldn’t use the new premium rounds!

General Confusion <gentle calm that is somehow far more menacing that his earlier scowl>:  So how did you feel when your tank exploded around you?  How did you feel when the other tanks in your platoon were destroyed?  How did you feel when the enemy turned the flank your dead tanks were supposed to be securing and easily won the battle?  Were your “feelings” hurt then, son?

Lieutenant Ricochet<sweating>:  Since you put it that way, not using the new ammo to destroy the enemy and help win the battle doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, sir.  Sorry, sir, it won’t happen again.

General Confusion:  Oh, you are quite right about this not happening again PRIVATE Ricochet.  You have just become the regiment's Permanent Latrine Orderly.  

--------------

When I first started playing (not that long ago and I still pretty much suck) I did not even load premium ammo on my tank.  As I learned more about the game I realized that there were many situations where if you could not penetrate your foe you were going to die and die quickly so I started carrying it.  Now, when I'm driving lower tier in a battle I'll use premium.  If I see that I'll be facing tanks that are hard to penetrate with my regular ammo I'll use premium.  It is a legal game mechanic so I'll use premium as I feel necessary.  That said, I would not be completely opposed to an adjustment where premium traded pen for damage.  Say something like premium gives +20% pen for -20% damage. 

MountainLion1 #11 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15629 battles
  • [TMBPK] TMBPK
Wargaming shouldn't have to be the ones to stop premium shells from being used, we the players have to make that decision. Don't use it and then problem solved. 

TodSoldat #12 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:59

Major

• Players
  • 31234 battles
  • [-M4-] -M4-

View PostMountainLion1, on Apr 21 2017 - 07:56, said:

Wargaming shouldn't have to be the ones to stop premium shells from being used, we the players have to make that decision. Don't use it and then problem solved. 

Do you honestly think personal accountability will be adopted?

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #13 Posted May 04 2017 - 21:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20479 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR

View Postcraigie6666, on Apr 21 2017 - 08:44, said:

I think premium ammo needs to go or get changed its braking the game 6 out of 10 games I'm killed by some one auto aiming and using gold rounds. It needs to go back to gold only or add in over pin were too high of pin on a tank IE light tanks and arty that the damage gets cut way down say like 50% of normal damage. I'm pretty sure that this game was balanced using normal shell stats "if I'm wrong put something up that proves it" not Premium so the over use of premium shell are braking the game people seem to thank it's "OK" to use them sure if you have the credits or cant aim and has a lot money but a lot of people don't. I would like to hear what WG staff has to say about this and enlighten us on what they may or may not do. My bet is on they will do nothing do to greed so many game's get so big and then greedy and stop caring about the player's and the fairness of their game they just start pushing things out to make it look like their trying. I'm not hating on WG but what was once a good game has come to something like this

For me be good be change . to make game faire for all to learn and bounce a tank and find weak spoot and work is brains in the game ..... apcr make lots player not learning 

Motok0 #14 Posted May 04 2017 - 21:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 10092 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

They should have some negative side effect to them other than cost.

Grumpy_blue #15 Posted May 04 2017 - 22:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36714 battles

View PostMotok0, on May 04 2017 - 12:52, said:

They should have some negative side effect to them other than cost.

Like HEAT being absorbed by tracks, guns, and spaced armour?

SteelRonin #16 Posted May 04 2017 - 22:08

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 21643 battles
Premium ammo purchasable by credits should be an option for CWs, tournaments, strongholds.....not in random.

diego999 #17 Posted May 04 2017 - 22:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 28157 battles
  • [ACA] ACA

View PostGrumpy_blue, on May 04 2017 - 18:06, said:

Like HEAT being absorbed by tracks, guns, and spaced armour?

Or APCR losing more pen at distance and having less normalization? Like he doesn't know what he's talking about, huh?

BaconMeLoveIt #18 Posted May 04 2017 - 22:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10374 battles
  • [-STN-] -STN-

Although I don't like getting spammed by premium ammo, it can be tricky to be removed from the game.

First, each tank and each components has different armour values. 

Second, assuming "premium" ammo is removed, how will those low caliber guns penetrate armour of higher values.

I think the work around is to limit non-standard ammunition load out for each tank on each match.

strYker555 #19 Posted May 04 2017 - 22:45

Captain

• Players
  • 30239 battles

I voted change but heres how I'd do it.  

Prem rounds same pen but slightly less average damage. This shouldnt be a problem, as most hits are less than average damage for the round. Greater chance low rolls, balanced.

Choice of AP rounds. The player should be able to select whatever standard round that was available for the main gun. Regular AP APC APBC or even APHE, price for these rounds will go up based on performance but not to premium levels.

Edited by strYker555, May 05 2017 - 14:32.

Kenshin2kx #20 Posted May 04 2017 - 23:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 14606 battles

View PostTupinambis, on Apr 21 2017 - 01:19, said:

Premium ammo is and always has been an incredibly dumb and poorly thought out aspect of this game. Its one of the main reasons why we have this stupid corridor map meta right now. When heavies were getting screwed over by gold ammo, especially by TD's, instead of doing something about the ammo itself WG decided to completely overhaul the map meta and completely bone most lights and most TD's.

The problem is that premium ammo is still as idiotic as ever, only now it feels more necessary because of the stupid maps and super-heavy tank buffs to compensate for how stupid premium ammo still is. WG could simply have rebalanced premium ammo and then NOT changed the maps and overbuffed superheavies.

The good news is that there's some actual real possibility that rebalanced premium ammo is going to be a thing. https://thearmoredpa...s-being-tested/

IMHO, the secret to implementation is to outline a reconfiguration plan of Premium Ammo (actually all major inconsistencies while we are at it), Maps and Vehicle profiles etc. ... that is they must work in basic consistency and harmony ... WHILE making WG a truckload of money for the forseeable future.    Actually, in that vein, propose ANY plan that will accomplish this reliably ... and I think your ideas will go over well with WG.  As I see it, given the relative success of WoT world wide, I don't think WG sees the urgency of THAT MUCH fine tuning, due to cost and inevitable controversy (from a player base this large and diverse) ... i.e. better the predictable grumbling we have ... than than to create unexpected mutations of such, by attempting a fix, where none is needed ... yet.  

Edited by Kenshin2kx, May 04 2017 - 23:08.

Also tagged with Game Balance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users