Confirmed, SPGs a joke.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

DoubleJR #21 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 12:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 36636 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

Arty still crushes lightly armored tanks so 1 shots can almost happen to some still if they do hit directly. If anything the rate of fire, accuracy. splash radius, not to mention stun mechanic even all prove arty was buffed instead of nerfed overall. Also arty counters light tanks more than ever now and even splashes them when they take aggressive positions behind cover to their deaths. The whole "use cover" defense arty players have used is now a dead meme pretty much. 

Would you ask someone "what they were wearing" if they were sexually assaulted? I feel like asking someone hit by arty "if they used cover" is almost the same thing. Oh well, what do I know... xD 

Enjoy your buff nerds!

b00merBoy #22 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 12:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25331 battles
  • [-LHN-] -LHN-

View PostDirizon, on Apr 21 2017 - 04:11, said:

Artillery is completely a joke

_Katyusha___ #23 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7876 battles

From you posted "evidence" picture, just LOL, you fail to hit a highly armored, fantasy german tank in the roof, and you want a significant damage outpot? You did 2 crits, what else you want, really.

Arty is OK, i get constantly a decent amount of damage to heavies and those "no-dmg" hits are not a problem, not so common, it happens to all clases shooting stock ammo, HE or even apcr sometimes, you even have the new aiming mode, want damage? aim well

Get used to the changes already

Edited by _Katyusha___, Apr 21 2017 - 13:14.

morty_viking #24 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13478 battles

View PostDirizon, on Apr 21 2017 - 10:40, said:

Posted Image

Because this is what happens. l can say, happens 1/4 of the time on a direct hit with a Super Heavy. O damage. And that is totally okay, O damage with a T lX SPG, sure because l get a 1Osec stun. O damage, for 1.8K shell cost and 36 sec reload time. That same Mauschen, l hit directly 4 times,  same game, for 724 damage total. Because what does he care,  Super Heavy, just press R 3x and drive into the enemy. Arty has a 36sec reload,  and will only hit me for 175~ damage a hit. 

What lesson does he learn? Who's punished?  Me.  l punish my team, yes - l hurt my team by focusing on heavy tanks in the open, with an SPG. Because my reload rate is 36sec and l waste a shot directly hitting a heavy for O damage.  Replay available for people to laugh at,  if required. 

Stuns don't kill. Damage does.  Arty is dead.

I totally think they should increase pen and significantly decrease max alpha for arty. Right now you do a ridiculous amount of damage to light tanks and glass cannons and you do near zero damage to armored vehicles. It makes sense that armored vehicles should take less damage but less armored vehicles are getting punished way too much

Sunserrae #25 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 14766 battles

View PostBogusBadger, on Apr 21 2017 - 09:21, said:

Statistically, the people defending arty are total tomato jokers

Not really. The majority of the playerbase has an arty in their top 10 most tanks played.

All week, via in-game XVM, a good chunk of arty players are the neckbeard leet (blue, teal, purple). 

It seems facts are not on your side padawan.

:trollface:

ThePigSheFlies #26 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:41

Major

• Players
  • 58766 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

common test was still up as recently as 2 nights ago.  it might still be up for all I know.

regardless, two nights ago, I hit 3500 dmg in the object 261.  (I have not yet sold, nor have I played my two high tier arty on live since 9.17 dropped)

see how relevant small sample sizes are?

here's a thing.  if you dont' like what they've done with arty, then stop playing it and pray that some time in the future they might change it to your liking.  that's what I've been told for 3 freaking years that we've had these crappy funnel maps.  "stop playing eggshells like the Leo 1, some day they might be playable or even meta"

oh, and as an aside.  I make it a point to NOT shoot enemies that have been stunned.  I want arty players to stop polluting the MM Queue so that there's at least a chance of an arty free game once a month...

Spanktankk #27 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:45

Major

• Players
  • 32077 battles
  • [KFB] KFB

View PostTodSoldat, on Apr 21 2017 - 05:46, said:

From what I can see, everything is unplayable for you

I wouldnt throw stones when your own results are....unimpressive.... to say the least.

TodSoldat #28 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:48

Major

• Players
  • 32394 battles
  • [-M4-] -M4-

View PostSpanktankk, on Apr 21 2017 - 07:45, said:

I wouldnt throw stones when your own results are....unimpressive.... to say the least.

I agree that my stats are unimpressive, I hope they stay that way as I won't be XVM sniped, however unlike the guy you're becoming a white knight for I am not a detriment to my teams

Boxhawk #29 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:49

Major

• Players
  • 21304 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

l saw the problem weeks ago. Heard it being a problem weeks ago. Now l have finally decided to play, and l see it as no different, a joke.

Artillery is completely a joke, 9.18 is an utter nerf for the class.

People can complain all they want about stuns. O damage is still O damage. And that is even what T X capable SPGs do now alot on direct hits,  O damage. So now all you teach E1OO or Maus tanks,  is to wade in the open and assault enemies, because direct Arty hits are doing 2OO~ damage. Every game l played in FV38O5, taking it out this night,  sure did 1K+ assistance every game and made 5OO+ EXP per match - but couldn't even break 1.8K damage. The damage slash was WAY T00 much. Compeltely way too much. People support the burst radius? Well, HE dropoff is just terrible and all that burst radius does is stun effect. O damage. Accuracy changes aren't even present, arty still going for 4O%~ accuracy, no damn different as before.

Move the stun to 2-5 seconds min-max.  Stun should be equivalent to broken tracks,  a temporary thing.  Not a 13sec crew vacation.  Put burst radius back to 9.17.1. Reduce the HE penetrations more, to 2O-3O Pen even on Conq FC/T92 so arty never penetrates anything. And never penetrating stuff removes the crippling nature,  but doesn't leave arty with laughing lethality doing O damage. Arty doesn't need knockout power, but it needs an element to fear,  and right now Heavy tanks just god damn WALK 0VER that damage like nothing happened. HE damage NEEDS to be done in order for enemy tanks shot at to learn their lesson. Because right now nothing is learned at all. Enemies just sit in the open because arty is laughable.

All the people complaining about arty are tomatoes that don't understand simple concepts. Being perma-stunned and tracked, lS MUCH BETTER AN ALTERNATlVE to being dead, 9.17.1. Just because you take 1O direct arty hits and die directly attacking enemies, and come on the forums to complain about arty disabling your tank - dude Y0U W0ULD BE DEAD 9.17 after 3-4 arty hits. Not 1O.  Don't get shot by arty.  A complete regress of a patch,  teaching tanks it is now okay to sit in the open and sponge arty. 

Just remove the class altogether. This is a joke.

So many contradictory statements in one post.

x_eChaos_x #30 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 9481 battles

l saw the problem weeks ago. Heard it being a problem weeks ago. Now l have finally decided to play, and l see it as no different, a joke.

Artillery is completely a joke, 9.18 is an utter nerf for the class.

People can complain all they want about stuns. O damage is still O damage. And that is even what T X capable SPGs do now alot on direct hits,  O damage. So now all you teach E1OO or Maus tanks,  is to wade in the open and assault enemies, because direct Arty hits are doing 2OO~ damage. Every game l played in FV38O5, taking it out this night,  sure did 1K+ assistance every game and made 5OO+ EXP per match - but couldn't even break 1.8K damage. The damage slash was WAY T00 much. Compeltely way too much. People support the burst radius? Well, HE dropoff is just terrible and all that burst radius does is stun effect. O damage. Accuracy changes aren't even present, arty still going for 4O%~ accuracy, no damn different as before.

Move the stun to 2-5 seconds min-max.  Stun should be equivalent to broken tracks,  a temporary thing.  Not a 13sec crew vacation.  Put burst radius back to 9.17.1. Reduce the HE penetrations more, to 2O-3O Pen even on Conq FC/T92 so arty never penetrates anything. And never penetrating stuff removes the crippling nature,  but doesn't leave arty with laughing lethality doing O damage. Arty doesn't need knockout power, but it needs an element to fear,  and right now Heavy tanks just god damn WALK 0VER that damage like nothing happened. HE damage NEEDS to be done in order for enemy tanks shot at to learn their lesson. Because right now nothing is learned at all. Enemies just sit in the open because arty is laughable.

All the people complaining about arty are tomatoes that don't understand simple concepts. Being perma-stunned and tracked, lS MUCH BETTER AN ALTERNATlVE to being dead, 9.17.1. Just because you take 1O direct arty hits and die directly attacking enemies, and come on the forums to complain about arty disabling your tank - dude Y0U W0ULD BE DEAD 9.17 after 3-4 arty hits. Not 1O.  Don't get shot by arty.  A complete regress of a patch,  teaching tanks it is now okay to sit in the open and sponge arty.

Just remove the class altogether. This is a joke.

To the OP:

(1) Looks like your HE shell was absorbed by space armor and the tracks. It happens, other vehicles firing AP rounds get eaten by the tracks. There is some unexplainable shots that happen outside of the +/-25% of RNG, it just happens for whatever RNGesus name. Just have to forget and move on and focus on your next shot.

(2) Sure you have a longer reload still compared to other vehicle classes, but you still have the luxury of firing indirectly without exposing your own vehicle.

(3) You are also acknowledging the trade off, you are doing less damage, but gaining more exp and assistance dmg. How is this bad? Seems like an even trade-off. Arty is a new play style.

(4) You are saying that arty's accuracy has not been buffed, what makes you to proclaim such a thing, I can not fathom.

(5) The whole point of arty doing less damage is to promote heavies being more aggressive. That's their job to be on the front line. Heavies would be too afraid to push out in the open for fear of 1 shot. Now they can push and arty can still provide SUPPORT fire and deal dmg/assistance. Then if the heavies stay out in the open arty can dwindle their health away. Less fear of high single alpha damage is promoting a more fast pace game style.

TodSoldat #31 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:57

Major

• Players
  • 32394 battles
  • [-M4-] -M4-

View Postx_eChaos_x, on Apr 21 2017 - 07:54, said:

To the OP:

(1) Looks like your HE shell was absorbed by space armor and the tracks. It happens, other vehicles firing AP rounds get eaten by the tracks. There is some unexplainable shots that happen outside of the +/-25% of RNG, it just happens for whatever RNGesus name. Just have to forget and move on and focus on your next shot.

(2) Sure you have a longer reload still compared to other vehicle classes, but you still have the luxury of firing indirectly without exposing your own vehicle.

(3) You are also acknowledging the trade off, you are doing less damage, but gaining more exp and assistance dmg. How is this bad? Seems like an even trade-off. Arty is a new play style.

(4) You are saying that arty's accuracy has not been buffed, what makes you to proclaim such a thing, I can not fathom.

(5) The whole point of arty doing less damage is to promote heavies being more aggressive. That's their job to be on the front line. Heavies would be too afraid to push out in the open for fear of 1 shot. Now they can push and arty can still provide SUPPORT fire and deal dmg/assistance. Then if the heavies stay out in the open arty can dwindle their health away. Less fear of high single alpha damage is promoting a more fast pace game style.

VooDooKobra #32 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 14:16

Major

• Players
  • 6361 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View Postmorty_viking, on Apr 21 2017 - 05:29, said:

I totally think they should increase pen and significantly decrease max alpha for arty. Right now you do a ridiculous amount of damage to light tanks and glass cannons and you do near zero damage to armored vehicles. It makes sense that armored vehicles should take less damage but less armored vehicles are getting punished way too much

​less armored vehicles are being punished harder due to the lack of armor.  not much you can do about that.  the lower a vehicles survival rating is the less they should expect to survive a hit or even a near miss from arty.  the M56 scorpion with 1 mm of armor should have zero expectation of not being severely damaged by an HE hit.  doesn't matter if its derp gun or arty. 

arty is now the support vehicle it should have been long ago.  while I do expect future tweaks to my arty in the future I do think this is a big step in the right direction.  not to mention WG actually incorporated the suggestions (well not including stun) that were made in the forums for years as a way to fix arty.

another point I have is that the OP equates stun to fixing a broken track, well clicking the first aid gets rid of stun quicker kind of like hitting the repair kit to fix your tracks.  if you didn't use that how long does it take on average to fix your broken tracks?  as well probably the least used equipment the spall liner has just been made relevant.  I have been using this more in my slow heavies because it not only reduces the stun effect but the duration as well

a persons stats should have zero to do with being pro or con to the changes to arty.  I have seen just as many below 50% not liking it and those above 50% who actually either like it or simply say it is what it is

Cluster04 #33 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 14:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 37783 battles
  • [JEDI] JEDI

View PostDirizon, on Apr 21 2017 - 03:40, said:

Posted Image

Because this is what happens. l can say, happens 1/4 of the time on a direct hit with a Super Heavy. O damage. And that is totally okay, O damage with a T lX SPG, sure because l get a 1Osec stun. O damage, for 1.8K shell cost and 36 sec reload time. That same Mauschen, l hit directly 4 times,  same game, for 724 damage total. Because what does he care,  Super Heavy, just press R 3x and drive into the enemy. Arty has a 36sec reload,  and will only hit me for 175~ damage a hit. 

What lesson does he learn? Who's punished?  Me.  l punish my team, yes - l hurt my team by focusing on heavy tanks in the open, with an SPG. Because my reload rate is 36sec and l waste a shot directly hitting a heavy for O damage.  Replay available for people to laugh at,  if required. 

Stuns don't kill. Damage does.  Arty is dead.

​To tell ya how funny thing is yesterday in my Lep PTA I bounced 2 shots from arty, 1 match a 53/55 the other match  a 261...... ZERO damage and was only stunned, just about S!@# my pants laughing so hard.

Hey WG nerds 'Im willing to give up all my arty's in exchange for FREE XP and creds now that u have put slow kill on arty.

Dirizon #34 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 21:20

Major

• Players
  • 25783 battles

View Postx_eChaos_x, on Apr 21 2017 - 13:54, said:

To the OP:

1) Tracks always absorb HE. Thats why when you hit heavy tanks prior, in 9.17 you did 5OO~ damage. Now you do O damage, now why is that? ls it because arty damage has been slashed in half, perhaps? 2K+ damage one-shots in former patches, the Pen is the problem. Because a T92 has 12O Pen, the Pen is the issue and it goes around 1-hitting stuff. Reducing the Pen to 2O-3O means no more pens,  yet you can still do threatening damage.  By making majority,  even many late tier SPGs do less damage than a KV2 or T49 in effect, you have in effect created SPGs that can no longer punish enemies or protect the team by keeping heavies in check.

lt isn't RNG. lt is commonplace. Arty HE damage was nerfed to oblivion, and is basically a bean bag. RNG is shooting your lS6 D25 12.2cm and rolling 293 damage instead of 39O. 0r bouncing off the hull T2O with some ridiculous AP roll. Not doing O damage with a 9OO damage HE shell.

2) Ammo costs are still high. Teams still need contribution, which is harder to do outside of causing stun.  Which doesn't exactly remove enemies. 

3) Some people still like maintaining a contributing avg. dmg. per game.

4) Accuracy and aim-time and soft dispersion stats have been improved,  but combat accuracy is still incapable. Shell velocity of 4OO~m/s makes flight path hard to read. The accuracy firing range is well beyond normal tank rates of 5OO-6OOm,  meaning your dispersion rate over 1OOm  increases more and more and more. You still are very incapable of aiming for a tank weakness, rather simply 'hitting'  the target you aim for.

5) Promoting a corridor shooter. Removing effectiveness of Arty/TD/Light spotting. To improve the gameplay of poking heavy tanks and marauding DPM meds. Removing ranged open maps with foliage cover.  Game has ruthless taken this path for a long time.  Heavies NEED to be wary and afraid when pushing the open,  ALWAYS. That should be a lesson taught. Now they can without fear of arty.

Painbringer71 #35 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 21:32

Major

• Players
  • 43331 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
I am smoking tanks with laser guidance now..... hide all you want I will hit a corner and stun you and make you move into my aim for the next shot.  Its not a joke its an epic buff

Edited by Painbringer71, Apr 21 2017 - 21:33.

Hurk #36 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 21:35

Major

• Players
  • 44067 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

there are no shots in game that are "explainable". 

WoT is a mathmatic model. there is only 1 right answer to any question of what happened. double spaced armor reduced the shell damage to less than 25% of its original value and the travel distances between the spaced armor tracks and tracks to hull wasted the remaining damage until there was not enough left to pen the hull under it all. 

anyone that has a passing understanding on the HE model can tell you that. dont shoot spaced armor with HE.. its a waste of time. aim in front of the tank instead and let it splash the LFP or under the tank instead.

TPRav #37 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 23:13

Captain

• Players
  • 12125 battles

View PostSunserrae, on Apr 21 2017 - 07:30, said:

Not really. The majority of the playerbase has an arty in their top 10 most tanks played.

All week, via in-game XVM, a good chunk of arty players are the neckbeard leet (blue, teal, purple). 

It seems facts are not on your side padawan.

:trollface:

Players that defend artillery, not ones that play it. Entirely possible to hate a game mechanic and at the same time make use of it.

BillT #38 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 17:48

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 23079 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostTodSoldat, on Apr 21 2017 - 10:44, said:

That's the only reason there are complaints period, regardless of the complaint, this new patch is making people have to rethink and learn tactics. It's refreshing and I love this patch

Yes!  It's a standard MMO problem: all the players who were entrenched in the old ways are upset that they have to change how they play.   And that's a legitimate reaction -- I don't mean to mock those folks.  But it's just not realistic to expect the game to remain static.  There's another group of gamers who like figuring new things out and enjoy the change for its own sake, the developers want to keep developing, and the managers want to avoid stagnation and bored players.  Overall I think the new patch is a good change.

Overall I feel like it's a good patch and it's livened up the game play, at least for now.

Mudman24 #39 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 17:57

Major

• Players
  • 35463 battles

View PostBogusBadger, on Apr 21 2017 - 03:48, said:

you're hiding something

It's all the zero's. 

VooDooKobra #40 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 18:05

Major

• Players
  • 6361 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View PostPainbringer71, on Apr 21 2017 - 13:32, said:

I am smoking tanks with laser guidance now..... hide all you want I will hit a corner and stun you and make you move into my aim for the next shot.  Its not a joke its an epic buff

​and now take 8 or 9 shots to kill a heavy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users