Jump to content


Artillery snap shotting


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Enginseer_66 #1 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 12:10

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8047 battles
  • 114
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    06-01-2016

Today, desert map.

Speeding around in my nice new Panther ausf A early, got lighted up for literally 3 seconds, a Hummel shell explodes somewhere far on my left, Im stunned of course, then 2 more - Grille and something else inside one second total my tank.

Of course, the mistake is mine,I should've waited hidden in a bush for the enemy to show initiative and die from it.

 

The new artillery is frankly worse than the old one - I couldnt imagine ever saying that, and yet here we are.



WileyCat #2 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 12:34

    Captain

  • Players
  • 28378 battles
  • 1,752
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012
your not very bright

Enginseer_66 #3 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 12:35

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8047 battles
  • 114
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    06-01-2016

View PostWileyCat, on Apr 21 2017 - 12:34, said:

your not very bright

 

Thank you for your input to the complex and intricate artillery problem.

DoubleJR #4 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 12:38

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 36672 battles
  • 95
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    04-03-2013

View PostWileyCat, on Apr 21 2017 - 06:34, said:

your not very bright

 

You mean "You're" right? Lol...

CCCP_GDR #5 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 12:39

    Captain

  • Players
  • 70751 battles
  • 1,623
  • Member since:
    11-16-2012
I hear conflicting reports that artillery is worse or better. But When I can hit a Maus for 63 damage and STUN the bug on it's windshield / view port, something is wrong!      :angry:

Gurgar #6 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 12:44

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27120 battles
  • 187
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

I know it may be hard to believe but people do follow the same route and patterns on the maps. Scouts hide in the same logical bushes and run the same routes. Anyone with a little bit of brainpower can see these patterns and anticipate this. I have killed many lights by simply blind firing into a "known" hiding spot. So, your snapshot theory is not really a snap shot. They were waiting on you because that route has been used many times.

Knowing the map is a major part of this game.

I am always amazed by the assumption of people that since I play a certain vehicle, i should have some type of super advantage over others. I have one shot batchat 25t's on a full run before. Why? because they thought speed would make up for them driving in a straight line.

 



Enginseer_66 #7 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:16

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8047 battles
  • 114
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    06-01-2016

View PostGurgar, on Apr 21 2017 - 12:44, said:

I know it may be hard to believe but people do follow the same route and patterns on the maps. Scouts hide in the same logical bushes and run the same routes. Anyone with a little bit of brainpower can see these patterns and anticipate this. I have killed many lights by simply blind firing into a "known" hiding spot. So, your snapshot theory is not really a snap shot. They were waiting on you because that route has been used many times.

Knowing the map is a major part of this game.

I am always amazed by the assumption of people that since I play a certain vehicle, i should have some type of super advantage over others. I have one shot batchat 25t's on a full run before. Why? because they thought speed would make up for them driving in a straight line.

 

 

In this particular case, I started the evasive maneuvering as soon as lighted, but the shot that landed in  general vicinity stunned me anyways, the the double-tap follow-up destroyed my tank.

ArmorStorm #8 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 32846 battles
  • 6,621
  • [F__R] F__R
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostEnginseer_66, on Apr 21 2017 - 06:16, said:

 

In this particular case, I started the evasive maneuvering as soon as lighted, but the shot that landed in  general vicinity stunned me anyways, the the double-tap follow-up destroyed my tank.

 

1. "as soon as LIT"

2. No, you didn't.  Sixth Sense doesn't activate for 3 seconds after you were spotted and you stay lit for more than 3 seconds.  With the right skill you remain spotted for up to 12 seconds after you are no longer visible IIRC. 



Mydragonsfly #9 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 8259 battles
  • 5,696
  • Member since:
    05-01-2011

View PostEnginseer_66, on Apr 21 2017 - 06:16, said:

 

In this particular case, I started the evasive maneuvering as soon as lighted, but the shot that landed in  general vicinity stunned me anyways, the the double-tap follow-up destroyed my tank.

 

  Rule two of zombie land, always double tap. That grille did right by his team. :teethhappy:

 

Lol, anyways... If you were parked then that's on you, if you were moving predictably (or not unpredictably enough) then it's also on you, if you were in a commonly known hiding spot, yup, totally on you.

 

You probably liked that bush, it's probably your most favorite, but there are many more like it. Arty thrives on predictable enemies, don't be predictable.



Enginseer_66 #10 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:45

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8047 battles
  • 114
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    06-01-2016

View PostArmorStorm, on Apr 21 2017 - 13:38, said:

 

1. "as soon as LIT"

2. No, you didn't.  Sixth Sense doesn't activate for 3 seconds after you were spotted and you stay lit for more than 3 seconds.  With the right skill you remain spotted for up to 12 seconds after you are no longer visible IIRC. 

 

Yes, I started the evasive maneuvers as soon as lit.

The whole affair, from being lit (3s) to destroyed(7-8s) was very short, and indeed in the vicinity of 12 seconds or less.



Prosqtor #11 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:46

    Captain

  • Players
  • 53319 battles
  • 1,770
  • Member since:
    12-16-2011

View PostWileyCat, on Apr 21 2017 - 06:34, said:

your not very bright

 

You're not using the correct your.

Enginseer_66 #12 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:47

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8047 battles
  • 114
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    06-01-2016

View PostMydragonsfly, on Apr 21 2017 - 13:43, said:

 

  Rule two of zombie land, always double tap. That grille did right by his team. :teethhappy:

 

Lol, anyways... If you were parked then that's on you, if you were moving predictably (or not unpredictably enough) then it's also on you, if you were in a commonly known hiding spot, yup, totally on you.

 

You probably liked that bush, it's probably your most favorite, but there are many more like it. Arty thrives on predictable enemies, don't be predictable.

 

Did you ever read the first post?

I was going full tilt till lit , then stunned and destroyed when attempting the evasive maneuver.



PW59 #13 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:48

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 14747 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    10-11-2015

View PostEnginseer_66, on Apr 21 2017 - 12:10, said:

Today, desert map.

Speeding around in my nice new Panther ausf A early, got lighted up for literally 3 seconds, a Hummel shell explodes somewhere far on my left, Im stunned of course, then 2 more - Grille and something else inside one second total my tank.

Of course, the mistake is mine,I should've waited hidden in a bush for the enemy to show initiative and die from it.

 

The new artillery is frankly worse than the old one - I couldnt imagine ever saying that, and yet here we are.

Just get over it. The problem is your just not smart enough to avoid arty.


Edited by PW59, Apr 21 2017 - 13:53.


TodSoldat #14 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 13:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 34496 battles
  • 4,973
  • [-M4-] -M4-
  • Member since:
    10-04-2011

View PostEnginseer_66, on Apr 21 2017 - 07:47, said:

 

Did you ever read the first post?

I was going full tilt till lit , then stunned and destroyed when attempting the evasive maneuver.

 

Yeah but a good arty player can predict movement. I've noticed a lot of the same patterns in people who are being "evasive", not enough people use powerslides

driesp #15 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 14:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 31571 battles
  • 2,417
  • [ORYX] ORYX
  • Member since:
    07-14-2012

View PostWileyCat, on Apr 21 2017 - 19:34, said:

your not very bright

 

​I believe you are correct

NomaeTheJester #16 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 14:08

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12646 battles
  • 812
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

So what I'm seeing is that three SPGs were firing at you, and it took you several seconds to die. Far better than just being instantly annihilated by the first arty like before the patch. At least this way your whole team got a ~20 second reprieve from arty out of your sacrifice.

 

That aside, no arty player worth his salt will snap shot, because it is almost allways a waste of a shell. More likely those guys were pre-aimed at a common route, and you were just the first guy to show up in their sights.

 

What do you mean by a Panther A? You don't have a Panther, according to your service record. Do you mean the Panzer IV A? The tier III? That tank doesn't exactly "speed around".

 

(edit: I'm not saying you're wrong and you should feel dumb, I want you to understand why you were insta-gibbed by arty instead of just blaming it on RNG or hax or whatever. Also, bring a med kit. To every battle you seriously want to win. I know, it can seem expensive, but they are worth it. I have never bought premium time or gold. I've had some premium tanks gifted to me, but I also have 7k+ gold lying around from tourneys. So it is possible, and worth it, to bring a medkit, repair kit, and fire extinguisher with you to every game.)


Edited by NomaeTheJester, Apr 21 2017 - 14:13.


driesp #17 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 14:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 31571 battles
  • 2,417
  • [ORYX] ORYX
  • Member since:
    07-14-2012

View PostProsqtor, on Apr 21 2017 - 20:46, said:

 

You're not using the correct your.

 

You are not using the correct prosecutor...

 



Steeljaw_MajT #18 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 14:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 17358 battles
  • 2,198
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
  • Member since:
    02-02-2013
I suppose it would be too much to ask to see a replay.  Not that I don't trust your veracity but some times perceptions don't match reality.

SEL_BGM #19 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 14:33

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4291 battles
  • 120
  • Member since:
    07-28-2016

View PostEnginseer_66, on Apr 21 2017 - 06:35, said:

 

Thank you for your input to the complex and intricate artillery problem.

 

He did what his capabilities allowed.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users