Pilot Lorraine Defender

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #1 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 16:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 13948 battles
  • [POET] POET

From my most recent premiums I think the winner is the Pilot by far.  This tank is incredible.  I don't know if I'll ever play the KR Patton any time soon so I scrounged it for equipment.

The T25 Pilot is everything the T20 is except a tier higher and adjusted so that it's better.  I'm actually glad they didn't put it as the Tier VII and weaker a long time ago.  Funny they didn't, since it was more significant in the development of the Pershing tank than the T20 was...but whatever.  Currently it feels like a Mutz with better flanking ability.  I think that I am going to enjoy the Pattons if they perform similar to this.  Overall I'm very pleased with this tank and it's going to be one of my primary tanks for a while.

Lorraine 40t is also good but harder to play.  Definitely this is one tank which arty is still able to squash, but I like the play style as high risk/high reward.  It's a challenge to learn the new positions you need to take but overall it is high quality and I think it is good practice for when I go up the French heavy line.

Panther M/10 is excellent.  Not much more to say: a Panther that doesn't face Tier IXs.  It feels kind of dirty to play a preferential mm tank but that means that it makes good stress relief in the wake of the ELC's death.

59 Patton seems to have a curse for me.  I can't get a win in this but it's a small sample size.  I like the tank.  I hate the T-34-3 and I'm considering selling it.  This tank is just like a Pilot or STA-2 but obviously with more  armor and more of a hatch which is pretty hilarious.  The armor is quality though - an enemy is more likely to aim center mass than at your turret so it does the job quite well.  It's also nice to train up my Chinese crew in a tank which plays more like a regular tank.  Only downside besides  ancient Chinese curse: engine is always getting destroyed and it goes up hills slowly.  It's the weakest of hese mediums but it is fun.

Chinese heavies 112 and WZ-111

Both amazing, both better than poor long-suffering IS-6.  Good at different things but the 112 is probably the better tank for coordinated efforts while WZ is the better soloing tank.

Now there is the cow of them all: Obj 252u Defender.  The gun is a meme.  I don't get how people call E 100's gun inaccurate and then say that this thing is OP.  They're completely different.  With E 100 you can lead shots and nuke people.  With this, it's all random all the time.  Yeah pen is marvelous, but it doesn't matter when the shot meant for the lower plate hits the gun mantlet instead.  It reminds me of Claus's video on pre-buff 112.  

Those are my opinions on these new or buffed premiums.  

Edited by Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD, Apr 21 2017 - 16:28.

YANKEE137 #2 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 16:38

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5157 battles
  • [SOFAT] SOFAT
Nice work. I wouldn't be surprised if all the older Russian Premiums don't get buffs soon. The potato gun effect may never go away though.

Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #3 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 16:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 13948 battles
  • [POET] POET

I still like IS-6, but what's the point when WZ-111 is the exact same thing with more pen and it trains crews for a Tier X I already have?  

I'm going to have to try the Russian heavies to really decide if 113 is better or not.

YANKEE137 #4 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 16:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5157 battles
  • [SOFAT] SOFAT

I'd like to see the KV 5 get rebooted, The weak spot concept probably worked fine five years ago but now everybody knows about it- and they can hit it from a mile away. Just like Patton cupolas. I've nothing against weak spots-just not gigantic OFF buttons

w1ckymagee #5 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 16:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 17085 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3
I agree about the Pilot, it's become one of my favorites.  Sadly, it's replaced the Super Pershing, which used to be great but with power creep what used to be dominant frontal armor has become mediocre.  It no longer blocks shots like a heavy, too slow to move with the mediums... still ok as a sniper with the increased penetration, but overall it has lost much of its fun.  

MountainLion1 #6 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 16:53

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17105 battles
  • [TMBPK] TMBPK
The t-34-3 is so frustrating to play, the accuracy is so bad that you can be in a barn and still miss it when you fire. If they would improve that it would be a decent tank to play, but as it is I just leave it sitting in my garage. The 59 Patton seems to be a decent tank but is a little slow going up hills, other than that it can be a lot of fun to play. See y'all on the battlefield.

Alectrick #7 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 16:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9216 battles
  • [GSKYO] GSKYO
You'll enjoy the pattons a lot theyre very comfortable to play with and with the buff to the m48 awhile back it feels like auto aim. Little need to lead and snapshots like a boss even on the move.

carl20320 #8 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 17:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25512 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostAlectrick, on Apr 21 2017 - 07:54, said:

You'll enjoy the pattons a lot theyre very comfortable to play with and with the buff to the m48 awhile back it feels like auto aim. Little need to lead and snapshots like a boss even on the move.

Problem I'm finding with the Patton now is the ridge poking is negated by the arty perma stun.  If there are 2 or 3 arty in a battle,.. :arta:

Urdr #9 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 17:14

Major

• Players
  • 38854 battles
Ya, the defender is the most OP thing I've ever seen in my life :(

Alectrick #10 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 17:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9216 battles
  • [GSKYO] GSKYO

View Postcarl20320, on Apr 21 2017 - 11:04, said:

Problem I'm finding with the Patton now is the ridge poking is negated by the arty perma stun.  If there are 2 or 3 arty in a battle,.. :arta:

yep hard to avoid since its also pretty fat. Stun negates abilities as well.

Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #11 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 17:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 13948 battles
  • [POET] POET
Not worried about arty.  Whole nother discussion there.

Also tagged with Pilot, Lorraine, Defender

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users