ARTILLERY

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Blackstone #21 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 19:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12383 battles
  • [-AK-] -AK-

I don't and probably never will play arty. Not my style.

But as a regular tank player, I think the arty change is a move in the right direction....

Except for:

1. accuracy: making arty MORE accurate is counter-intuitive to me. Arty, being primarily an indirect fire weapon, should be inaccurate. Very rarely does an artillery shell hit exactly where it's intended target is. I've seen this first-hand in the ANG. Most of the time they overshoot and then adjust aim or fall short and march the fire towards the target.

2. damage: the damage should go DOWN when your tank is farther away from the impact area. Now blast radius and damage has been increased? Increasing the overall damage makes no sense.

3. reload: should have not changed. Shortened reload time is worse.

I say reduce the damage and accuracy by 25%-30% and set the reload times back to pre-update. 

Raptor377 #22 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 19:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 23392 battles
  • [UQ] UQ
Still questionable if it's a good step, but one thing, this larger splash radius is a bit much given the accuracy/reload buffs.  WG, just listen to the majority and eliminate the class altogether.  But, it'll take more outrage from the EU and especially RU servers before they will every consider it for real.  Why WG is so bent on arty as a necessary game mechanic is just beyond so many of us.   WG just seems to have no compass for future direction of this game.

Frijolero #23 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 19:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23916 battles

View PostSACEUR, on Apr 21 2017 - 11:37, said:

Why not just learn to adjust? Too many people crying about things when it doesn't go their way. Well guess what? LIFE AIN'T FAIR.

Agree. I hasn't been a week and there's already people complaining 'bout it. Give some time to the server get used to the new arty and we'll be back to the good 'ol Nerf Arty spam in no time.

I haven't played arty or the new patch yet, and I'm still rather sceptical 'bout the new stun mechanic, but at least on paper, all changes sounds fair 'bout limiting the dominance of SPGs on certain matches.

Blackstone #24 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 19:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12383 battles
  • [-AK-] -AK-
I'd to also like to add when it comes to direct fire from arty, training for said mission has been part of US Army/USMC doctrine since at least WWII. IT's rare, it's a last ditch effort to save your [edited]most of the time, and it's not very accurate. You'd think, "Direct fire should be accurate. You can see the target." Not exactly. It's not the arty's primary mission. Plus from what I know, sighting direct fire with artillery is with old-school iron sights and a little bit of luck. By the way, tanks HAVE been used for indirect fire in WWI and Korea. But the problem remains: not accurate. You're using the weapon in a way for what it not intended for.

I_QQ_4_U #25 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 19:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 15534 battles

It is more fun to play in the fact that at the end of the battles I see a whole list of the damage I've done to different tanks as oppose to the one big hit I got before, even if that one big hit was more than the 8 I get now. The only thing I don't like personally was that by playing French SPG's I didn't have to worry much about splash damage so I was much more confident supporting team mates when they were close to an enemy, now I really have to hold my fire and get even more whining about not supporting them. Of course if I had 'supported' them and damaged them in the least then they'd rage about that.

Exodest #26 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 19:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 23232 battles
I somewhat prefer the changes. The stun isn't absolutely crippling like I though it would be, you can still move to cover. People are acting like they burn more rep/med kits but wouldn't you have burned a kit after being damaged/ tracked in last patch? That has not changed, and I quite like it especially when you get double ammo racked or killed my driver back to back . Finally I can say I'm not overly pissed at arty. They will always be annoying but it's like North Korea vs. USA now, it's a hatred but almost laughable.

slaughterz #27 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 19:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18296 battles
  • [CHAPY] CHAPY

"Do you like Platooning? Would you like to earn a prize just by playing battles with your friends?"

Platoon GiveawayApril 16 - 30Do you like Platooning? Would you like to earn a prize just by playing battles with your friends? Now’s your chance! For every 100 battles played in a Platoon, you can earn a raffle ticket (maximum of 10 tickets) that enters you into a drawing for a Panther M/10! 50 winners are selected at random, so grab your buddies and we’ll see you on the battlefield!

yeah i like platoons and playing with friends... oh wait they took that option away for arty. GOOD JOB!

7D4 #28 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 19:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 15619 battles
  • [LDSK] LDSK

No more artillery in platoons. Seriously WG, do you really want to piss off a third of the people who play your game?.
(posting this comment on every related thread.)
(As I am a wallet warrior, WG should listen up. This BS will only hurt your stockholders in the end.)

Also kind of confused... You let a bunch of whiney babies dictate how you run your game and your company.

I am glad I am not a shareholder.

Winterpeger #29 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 20:12

Captain

• Players
  • 50583 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Postslaughterz, on Apr 21 2017 - 12:50, said:

"Do you like Platooning? Would you like to earn a prize just by playing battles with your friends?"

Platoon GiveawayApril 16 - 30Do you like Platooning? Would you like to earn a prize just by playing battles with your friends? Now’s your chance! For every 100 battles played in a Platoon, you can earn a raffle ticket (maximum of 10 tickets) that enters you into a drawing for a Panther M/10! 50 winners are selected at random, so grab your buddies and we’ll see you on the battlefield!

yeah i like platoons and playing with friends... oh wait they took that option away for arty. GOOD JOB!

Yep... wargaming must remove any mission that requires platooning to complete.

pyrogyro007 #30 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 20:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 19368 battles
  • [CH4OS] CH4OS

View Postju0128, on Apr 21 2017 - 16:36, said:

You do stun and git ASSist damage

I like your use of capital letters.  Credits and xp from such damage are taken from their teammates.  Shooting stunned tanks looses you half the xp and creds you'd have received for that shot.  I'd imagine this might result in losing credits for a damaging shot, depending on the price of the round.

Edited by pyrogyro007, Apr 21 2017 - 20:17.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users