Adding Mods to Mac WOT - Folder?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SpiraledTube #1 Posted Apr 23 2017 - 07:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1834 battles

I have been combing the internet as well as these forums.  I cannot find out how to add mods to my WoT Mac app.  I go into the app's "Show Package Contents" but I cannot find a Res_Mods or anything similar.

I just want to add gun sound mods.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thx...

Edited by SpiraledTube, Apr 23 2017 - 07:19.

Mickey1066 #2 Posted Apr 23 2017 - 08:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 26629 battles
There is a WoT folder in your Documents folder. The Res_Mods folder is in there.

SpiraledTube #3 Posted Apr 23 2017 - 16:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1834 battles

View PostMickey1066, on Apr 23 2017 - 01:54, said:

There is a WoT folder in your Documents folder. The Res_Mods folder is in there.

Yeah, I keep checking my document folders but WOT isn't even there.  I have searched high and low, and I am no stranger to Macs and PC's.  

Driving crazy.  Is there anywhere else I might find it?

black_colt #4 Posted Apr 23 2017 - 18:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3360 battles

View PostSpiraledTube, on Apr 22 2017 - 22:18, said:

I have been combing the internet as well as these forums.  I cannot find out how to add mods to my WoT Mac app.  I go into the app's "Show Package Contents" but I cannot find a Res_Mods or anything similar.

I just want to add gun sound mods.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thx...

The path is:

Users/[your short user name]/Library/Application Support/World of Tanks/Bottles/worldoftanks/drive_c/Games/World_of_Tanks/res_mods

Another way is /Documents/WoT/res_mods

NOTE: I recommend that you duplicate the existing res_mods folder [select res_mods, right-click and select [Duplicate] - Finder will make a [res_mods copy] folder] and manually install the sound MODs into the original [res_mods].  This way if you encounter any issues [and the WoT Mac Wrapper can be very sensitive to MODs] you can just delete the modified [res_mods], rename [res_mods copy] to [res_mods].

Hope this helps...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users