Official no rudeness zone

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

Iron_Soul_Stealer #141 Posted May 21 2019 - 02:35

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on May 17 2019 - 03:00, said:

Well if by internet you mean meme then lately its taken a political bias but generally it was a term for someone who tends to be emotionally driven and prone to overlook facts and evidence in favor of what makes them feel like they are right usually with a ferocious zealotry depending on the topic. They often have extensive emotional meltdowns if you contradict their personal beliefs especially if you provide proof of why they are wrong or mistaken which is where the term melting snowflake comes from. I think cognitive dissonance also plays a part. Either way its a very loaded term. The forums used to be filled with them but the great moderator purge of the last few years has driven all sides from the fray with only few tattered remnants of the old guard left. If killing the forum population and activity off was the moderators goal they certainly succeeded since the forums are about dead with topics staying on the front page sometimes for a week or more and what exists barely getting any views or replies. GG mods you cured the patients illness by dropping him in a pit of fire. No more illness! :rolleyes:

^..Interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

Spoiler

*Oh, and it's too bad about the current state of this forum. I can relate. I once had a for-fun off-topic discussion thread where I encouraged other fellow posters to respectfully share a variety of concepts, theories, and other cool and interesting stuff about our universe {regardless of how 'fringy' and outrageous}, but it started gaining too much popularity here, and I think a few rotten apple posters were getting jealous and salty because of it. So, it was shut down and closed...and I never did get a reasonable explanation as to why. Not sure if you remember it, but my OTDT thread used to look like this:

Spoiler

I thought about starting up another for fun/OTDT thread, but it's not worth it. Especially if it will just get shut down again. 

venom286 #142 Posted May 28 2019 - 05:38

Captain

• Players
  • 42801 battles
if only it was that simple

Iron_Soul_Stealer #143 Posted Sep 08 2019 - 04:08

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Postvenom286, on May 27 2019 - 23:38, said:

if only it was that simple

^..Live simply...