Tier VIII Skirmish Suggestions and Improvements

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Roccandil #21 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 05:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5319 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

Allowing five legionnaires is the obvious one for me, and allowing daily/tankreward missions would also be nice.

I'll add that my clan was apprehensive of trying T8 clan wars based on our experiences in T8 skirmishes, only to find out that T8 clan wars was easier because the top clans were T10 in clan wars.

In the long run, I think you'd have more clans trying out higher levels of clan wars if they could get their feet wet against "normal" clans in skirmishes. (I don't know how much of that is MM, and how much is the low population of clans running T8s.)

Nerong__O_OII #22 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 05:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 32181 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

Don't replace tier 8 but give us something at tier 9, yes most people have tier 8 but if you give them the option more people would collect tier 9

Now that my crazy idea is out of the way, maker tier 8 a 12 v 12 because all the map are made for 15 v 15 so most games are brawl fest and have little strategie in it

( same for tier 6, seven people is way too low)

Meows_Nyanpasu #23 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 06:24

Captain

• Players
  • 29315 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
I don't understand why we can't bring tier 6s and 7s into tier 8 detachments. Like why is there a minimum tier in the first place? Let people run whatever. Also remove team damage penalties from Sh. It really sucks when your stronghold gets killed because some meron gets banned.

ElfMagi2 #24 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 08:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42773 battles

Could expand the time that strongholds are played. Not every player plays during "prime time". Prime Time already hosts CW and tourneys, leaving those whom play outside that 5 hour window playing only random battles.

I realize that the majority of team play takes place during them hours as it has the largest number of players online, however expanding the hours (especially on the weekends) would bring in more battles.

LpBronco #25 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 11:02

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 35871 battles
  • [_F_] _F_
The legionnaire count would be helpful if they allowed the same number as the other two levels (5 per team) for the tier 8's. I'm having trouble recruiting enough Stronghold players to have enough available for tier 8's (so if you need a place to play, Tactical Gamer, may be for you).

Yankee #26 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 11:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 33028 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Stacking of personal reserves is an obvious improvement, many players exclude themselves from skirmishes if they are running them

Reduce the box bonus on strikes, they should be a last resort for victory that has a negative effect on boxes earned, not a positive one. People thrrow  them now just for the bonus

More maps

TheNightFox #27 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 12:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11287 battles
  • [UBH-T] UBH-T

Yeah tier 8 strongholds are too difficult to get going with only 3 legionnaires as that means you have to convince 7 people from your clan to get in -- and mind you strongholds are only available to be played a couple hours before clan wars and a couple hours afterwards. *I guess a possible solution in this regard is to boost the number of legionnaires to 5 for 8s and 7-8 for tier 10s or a combination of dropping the amount of players needed to play these modes.. I think you also have to factor in the startup time for the higher tier strongholds when you compare them to the 6s which are pretty easy to get going and keep going. I mean really how many clans can field teams for these strongholds to earn boxes when you could field the same teams to try your hand at clan wars for gold?*

I think the draw to strongholds in general is that you can get away from the frustration of random players in random battles and get playing with people you enjoy playing with and still make some progress on training a crew.. researching a tank.. or just making a profit. So what do we really want strongholds to be? *A clan wars clone with different rewards or a unique fastboi game mode to break the monotony of random battles?*

Honestly I think the top 50 *(probably hyperbole here)* clans just have such a monopoly on the player talent here in NA that it is not only more difficult for the next 200 or so ranked clans to breakeven but also more likely that they will take a loss playing higher tier strongholds and that just gets magnified at tier 10.. and if it is not worth playing for the lowest ranked clans then it wont be worth it for the higher ones either (because there is a bit of a food chain which in itself isn't wrong in my opinion)... because remember it is all for boxes that you still have to farm to make reserves that you then have to activate and then go play battles while they are running... by the time a lower ranked clan got enough boxes from tier 8/10 to make themselves a few reserves to then go spend a couple hours playing random battles or whatever to get the use out of them.. they probably should have just avoided the middleman of the strongholds and reserves and just gone and played random battles and be likely further along in their progression than otherwise. I know this has kind of descended into a rant but hopefully my point is understandable.

*Edits*  I could probably go on and expand on this post but I think it runs the risk of being absolutely ludicrous and more bloated than it already is.

Edited by TheNightFox, Apr 26 2017 - 12:56.

driesp #28 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 12:40

Major

• Players
  • 31134 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

View PostTheNightFox, on Apr 26 2017 - 19:10, said:

Yeah tier 8 strongholds are too difficult to get going with only 3 legionnaires as that means you have to convince 7 people from your clan to get in -- and mind you strongholds are only available to be played a couple hours before clan wars and a couple hours afterwards.

I think the draw to strongholds in general is that you can get away from the frustration of random players in random battles and get playing with people you enjoy playing with and still make some progress on training a crew.. researching a tank.. or just making a profit.

Honestly I think the top 50 clans just have such a monopoly on the player talent here in NA that it is not only more difficult for the next 200 or so ranked clans to breakeven but also more likely that they will take a loss playing higher tier strongholds and that just gets magnified at tier 10.. and if it is not worth playing for the lowest ranked clans then it wont be worth it for the higher ones either (because there is a bit of a food chain which in itself isn't wrong in my opinion)... because remember it is all for boxes that you still have to farm to make reserves that you then have to activate and then go play battles while they are running... by the time a lower ranked clan got enough boxes from tier 10 to make themselves a few reserves to then go spend a couple hours playing random battles or whatever to get the use out of them.. they probably should have just avoided the middleman of the strongholds and reserves and just gone and played random battles and be likely further along in their progression than otherwise. I know this has kind of descended into a rant but hopefully my point is understandable.

+1000

The_GreatOne #29 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 15:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24488 battles
every time you lose in one of them you lose like 20k credits even without gold.... plus 3 legionnaire is dumb... make it 5 it still makes the hosting clan need more than 2 like in tier 6

Edited by The_GreatOne, Apr 26 2017 - 15:47.

Weezie61 #30 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 16:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 9943 battles
I will break it down real easy for you.

1. Allow personal reserves.
If I have a reserve going and someone starts a stronghold I can't join it unless I want to waste my reserve. You can use them in team battles so why not strongholds?

2. More credits for loosing.
I don't really have a problem winning all the time but I still need people to play against. If losing nets you 50k credits every game and winning gets you like 75k "in normal tanks" everyone would play. Premium would obviously make more.

3. Encounter mode.
good clans hate playing against clans that camp in the back with 10 heavies on mountain pass. You have 2 options, yolo in and die just to get the next game started or just draw it out so you waste the other teams time. How hard is it to make the map encounter.

4. Like everyone else said more legionnaires.

GIVE MORE CREDITS and they will come. Don't be so selfish like on the failing global map.

MaxXxim #31 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 17:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 35783 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
Remove mountain pass from the map pool. That map is pure cancer whenever a team decides to camp on it.

Toxicity73 #32 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 18:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9311 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Why is it there is only certain times strongholds are available anyway..................

Toxicity73 #33 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 19:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9311 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postjohnmadara, on Apr 25 2017 - 16:56, said:

???? tons of clans play tier 8 skirmishes solely to make credits

yeah if you run a tier 8 premium standard shells and no consumables

Roccandil #34 Posted Apr 29 2017 - 17:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5319 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

View PostWeezie61, on Apr 26 2017 - 10:00, said:

I will break it down real easy for you.

1. Allow personal reserves.
If I have a reserve going and someone starts a stronghold I can't join it unless I want to waste my reserve. You can use them in team battles so why not strongholds?

2. More credits for loosing.
I don't really have a problem winning all the time but I still need people to play against. If losing nets you 50k credits every game and winning gets you like 75k "in normal tanks" everyone would play. Premium would obviously make more.

3. Encounter mode.
good clans hate playing against clans that camp in the back with 10 heavies on mountain pass. You have 2 options, yolo in and die just to get the next game started or just draw it out so you waste the other teams time. How hard is it to make the map encounter.

4. Like everyone else said more legionnaires.

GIVE MORE CREDITS and they will come. Don't be so selfish like on the failing global map.

Well said. I'd like to see additional compensation for being content for the top clans, both in skirmishes and Advances. For instance, I legionnaired in an Advance last night, and we were paired against a clan whose rating was about double ours.

A lot of folks just wanted to forfeit the battles, but we gave it a shot. We, naturally, got clobbered, for almost no gain to us, and based on what I was hearing, I doubt the clan I was with will try Advances again any time soon. In the long run, that hurts both the game and the clan we were facing.

If, however, we got a significant bonus for MM pairing us against a clan so much better than us, it might encourage more clans to be willing to be content for better clans. It could be a sliding thing, where if you're paired against an equal clan, losing hurts, like now, but if the average clan gets a top clan, you can still make some serious resources/money from a loss.

Otherwise, how much incentive is there for most clans to even try?

pure_xvm_camo #35 Posted May 07 2017 - 17:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 26121 battles

In a nutshell: Make it easier for players to play / find teams

1. The new update killed tier 8 strongholds in my opinion. I agree with everyone who said to add more legionaries. I would even go so far as to say if tier 6 can be done with only 2 clan members. Why not allow tier 8 with 3.
  2. As weezie said, allow reserves to work.
  3. Do something for the low PR guys. Every day I see some kids begging to be let into a team, no one will take them and they end up getting bullied, It's just cruel. .First off, LOCK the mode for anyone who doesn't have a tank of the required tier. That's just common sense . Secondly, create a random SH mode for people who don't have a clan/ are new or have other reasons. Let them queue up and get put into a team automatically. The new MM seems to work so they should see similar PR teams and even if they end up getting matched against a better team, at least they got to play and receive the benefits of strongholds. 

Wolverine9827 #36 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 21:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17061 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View Postdance210, on Apr 25 2017 - 17:41, said:

Tankers!

We are looking for suggestions on how you would improve tier VIII Stronghold Skirmishes. Please let us know your ideas and suggestions in this thread.

Thanks!

I think allowing T8's to play 'Advances' style would be a lot of fun instead of only T10's....

LpBronco #37 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 21:30

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 35871 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View PostWolverine9827, on Jun 26 2017 - 15:20, said:

I think allowing T8's to play 'Advances' style would be a lot of fun instead of only T10's....

This ^^^, instead of one and done make each game a best of three with only the first map being blind, Advances style, Uh Yah!

(of course still need to lower the clan member numbers to launch - from 7 to 5)

LpBronco #38 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 21:36

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 35871 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

I just realized this question solicited for opinions two months ago and the number of responses has been underwhelming.

I have tried to find a tier 8 game every time I play skirmishes usually to no avail but there are others who would play if it were easier to assemble teams.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users