Jump to content


CHIEFTAIN WAY OUT OF LINE


  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Toxicity73 #1 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:36

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9789 battles
  • 321
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-16-2011

 Hey Chieftatin, Read the page on Australia's Veterans Memorial holiday. And you stated this: Not the rather loud method that the US uses, but far more solemnly. In my observation, US Memorial Day is a day to open the summer season of fun, have a day off work, visit the beach on the long weekend, have a barbeque. A minority of folks, usually those who have some relationship with the military, either by way of their own service or by way of a relative, and by no means the majority of those, will visit a military grave or memorial. But to the public at large, it's just a day off.

 

You got a lot of freaking Nerve to down grade anyone's Veterans memorial celebration. Memorial day weekend is MUCH more than Giant fanfare. We celebrate by doing the the things that are important like being with our loved ones because there are those that paid the ultimate sacrifice thru body and soul. You apparently have no clue what happens NATIONWIDE in the US. Parades across the nation well, weekends full of special events. What you stated was disrespectful and completely out of line. This is one instance where you should have kept your personal opinion out of you commentary. You owe every veteran in the US living and Dead, including myself, as well as anyone closely associated with a veteran, an APOLOGY


Edited by Sgtjrmiller73, Apr 26 2017 - 14:41.


_Tsavo #2 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 38365 battles
  • 14,285
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011
People are free to have opinions on things...

ratpak #3 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:45

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 23866 battles
  • 2,325
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    11-24-2010

Sadly, I think what he is saying (and I agree) is that the majority of the US don't treat Memorial Day the way it was intended.  They do indeed see it as just a day off anymore.  This has to do with a lot of political things which we can't

speak of.  



conquestoftheworld #4 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:45

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 8733 battles
  • 85
  • [PPC] PPC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2012
The salt is real

Mercer_Keel #5 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 36137 battles
  • 2,616
  • [LTD] LTD
  • Member since:
    02-12-2013
pls link the quote. waiting before I commit 

ratpak #6 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:46

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 23866 battles
  • 2,325
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    11-24-2010

View Post_Tsavo, on Apr 26 2017 - 07:44, said:

People are free to have opinions on things...

 

depends on what side of the line you lean on here in the US  

I must stop now or my posts will get moderated.



ratpak #7 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:46

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 23866 battles
  • 2,325
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    11-24-2010

View PostMercer_Keel, on Apr 26 2017 - 07:45, said:

pls link the quote. waiting before I commit 

 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/chieftain/The_Chieftains_Hatch_Museum_Review_Australian_War_Memorial/

Yankee #8 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:48

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 34116 battles
  • 9,867
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    08-02-2010
Well, there's your problem.

If the Chieftain is out of line, how is it your post so thoroughly illustrates and supports his position?

Blind patriotism is blind, try not being the ugly American.

Toxicity73 #9 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:50

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9789 battles
  • 321
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-16-2011

View Postratpak, on Apr 26 2017 - 06:45, said:

Sadly, I think what he is saying (and I agree) is that the majority of the US don't treat Memorial Day the way it was intended.  They do indeed see it as just a day off anymore.  This has to do with a lot of political things which we can't

speak of.  

 

You may be right but nonetheless he lumped everyone into that category was only stated the America is slowly not caring, that is completely untrue. I know the sacrifices Ive made physically and mentally as well as lost a few brothers. And I know that they would be happy with ppl sitting down with their loved ones rather than throw a 120,000 plus festival.

Toxicity73 #10 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:52

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9789 battles
  • 321
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-16-2011

View PostMercer_Keel, on Apr 26 2017 - 06:45, said:

pls link the quote. waiting before I commit 

 

Quote is in original OP, also its in the chieftains post about the Australian ANZAC celebration.

 



Kekistani #11 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:52

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 24462 battles
  • 1,664
  • [GOFD] GOFD
  • Member since:
    02-24-2015

It's not his opinion, it's a statement about how most people of the US treat the Memorial Day. Probably aimed at those who never served and use it as just another holiday.

 

Seriously, what the hell do you think you are to demand an apology? lol And people say all veterans are tough and whatnot, seems to me just like another whiny kid.


Edited by 9gagger, Apr 26 2017 - 14:56.


ratpak #12 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:53

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 23866 battles
  • 2,325
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    11-24-2010

View PostYankee, on Apr 26 2017 - 07:48, said:

Well, there's your problem.

If the Chieftain is out of line, how is it your post so thoroughly illustrates and supports his position?

Blind patriotism is blind, try not being the ugly American.

 

bad post ^  

He is taking it emotionally since he stated he is a Vet.



Toxicity73 #13 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:55

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9789 battles
  • 321
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-16-2011

View Post9gagger, on Apr 26 2017 - 06:52, said:

It's not his opinion, it's a statement about how most people of the US treat the Memorial Day. Probably aimed at those who never served and use it as just another holiday.

 

Seriously, what the hell do you think you are to demand an apology? lol And people say all veterans are [edited]and whatnot, seems to me just like just another whiny kid.

 

Whiny KID........2 tours in Haiti in 94, Somalia, liberia monrovia, bosnia and 2 tours in Iraq, sorry bud not a kid.

BattlecryGWJ #14 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 33358 battles
  • 7,091
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD
  • Member since:
    12-20-2011
While there might be some somber Memorial Day events, if you take the day/weekend as a whole I would say that the Chieftain isn't far off the mark with his assessment of our take on the holiday.  This is not to say that the US can't do somber holidays, as I think we do a good job with our treatment of Veteran's Day.

Toxicity73 #15 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:57

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9789 battles
  • 321
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-16-2011

View Postratpak, on Apr 26 2017 - 06:53, said:

 

bad post ^  

He is taking it emotionally since he stated he is a Vet.

 

Thanks for your understanding not alot of ppl get it apparently

Laceylace #16 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 23015 battles
  • 14,133
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostSgtjrmiller73, on Apr 26 2017 - 13:50, said:

 

You may be right but nonetheless he lumped everyone into that category was only stated the America is slowly not caring, that is completely untrue. I know the sacrifices Ive made physically and mentally as well as lost a few brothers. And I know that they would be happy with ppl sitting down with their loved ones rather than throw a 120,000 plus festival.

 

Most Americans don't don't actually use memorial day as it was intended though. He may have lumped all of you guys but I guarantee it's most of America that just goes "aw yeah free day no school whatever". Blind patriotism like this is why people tend to not like Americans. I mean I don't dislike all of you. I work in the German military. I was deployed to Afghan and met my fair share of american troops that passed through. But it's the people like you and your people at home who take it a bit too far and go to the point where patriotism is meeting fanaticism. What kind of veteran are you where you demand an apology because someone said something? How about you take a step back and remember where you came from and be humble. 

 

Not the Cheiftans fault he's right.



Mercer_Keel #17 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 36137 battles
  • 2,616
  • [LTD] LTD
  • Member since:
    02-12-2013

How is the Chieftain out of line? OP have you ever be to a Australia Memorial day?   Look all he is saying that if you look at the percentage of population Australia out weights the U.S. in regards of Veteran support. I take his word for it. I have not been to the Australian memorial day event but the Chieftain is in the U.S. Army and is just point out how little of the population of the U.S. supports us. 

 

I'm a 11 year Active Duty vet. I will be drinking, crying and remembering the good times with my lost brothers. I dont expect you to do the same its your free right to do what ever you want.

 

I will say the U.S. is getting to a better place then where it was back in the day for Veteran's. I feel bad that I was welcomed back a hero when men and woman doing the same job 40 years earlier got spit on and treated like crap.  



Kekistani #18 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 14:59

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 24462 battles
  • 1,664
  • [GOFD] GOFD
  • Member since:
    02-24-2015

View PostSgtjrmiller73, on Apr 26 2017 - 10:55, said:

View Post9gagger, on Apr 26 2017 - 06:52, said:

It's not his opinion, it's a statement about how most people of the US treat the Memorial Day. Probably aimed at those who never served and use it as just another holiday.

 

Seriously, what the hell do you think you are to demand an apology? lol And people say all veterans are [edited]and whatnot, seems to me just like another whiny kid.

 

Whiny KID........2 tours in Haiti in 94, Somalia, liberia monrovia, bosnia and 2 tours in Iraq, sorry bud not a kid.

 

I'm talking about your overreaction, your history doesn't make a difference in what I said. If a boss war hero started to complain over a simple statement – that isn't even aimed at veterans –, his past wouldn't be an argument.



Toxicity73 #19 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 15:01

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9789 battles
  • 321
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    12-16-2011

View PostMercer_Keel, on Apr 26 2017 - 06:58, said:

How is the Chieftain out of line? OP have you ever be to a Australia Memorial day?   Look all he is saying that if you look at the percentage of population Australia out weights the U.S. in regards of Veteran support. I take his word for it. I have not been to the Australian memorial day event but the Chieftain is in the U.S. Army and is just point out how little of the population of the U.S. supports us. 

 

I'm a 11 year Active Duty vet. I will be drinking, crying and remembering the good times with my lost brothers. I dont expect you to do the same its your free right to do what ever you want.

 

I will say the U.S. is getting to a better place then where it was back in the day for Veteran's. I feel bad that I was welcomed back a hero when men and woman doing the same job 40 years earlier got spit on and treated like crap.  

 

Its a soft spot brother.....

Mercer_Keel #20 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 15:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 36137 battles
  • 2,616
  • [LTD] LTD
  • Member since:
    02-12-2013

View PostSgtjrmiller73, on Apr 26 2017 - 06:01, said:

 

Its a soft spot brother.....

 

Look just don't get to bent. Not every Vet see's things the same way as you or has the same point of views as you. That freedom to voice that view is what you and I fought for.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users