No gold for Tier X guns

gold gold rounds gold balance gold ammo

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Gold rounds for tier X guns? (73 members have cast votes)

Should tier X guns get gold rounds?

1. Yes (44 votes [60.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.27%

2. No (29 votes [39.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Omega_Weapon #21 Posted May 03 2017 - 07:13

Captain

• Players
  • 42201 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostAvrien, on May 02 2017 - 10:27, said:

I think they need to change it so tanks can only use so much gold based on the tank and nation. Then some tanks can spam it and some only get like 5. Go with what was real per tank. Use what they could physically put in( incase some shells needed special slots to hold them) then use money. Make the money cost different per nation based on what they could afford to make it at or buy it at. Then make it so in non random matches you actually produce your ammo, normal and gold. And you have to keep territory to keep facilities to manufacture it. Then in guild warfare they only have so much gold.

Then if and when they go further we will have WORisk and can also put territories on a map and fight for it to win the map.

If they are going to go with the ammo load outs that tanks really had, then they should be matched up the same way. Tigers and King Tigers would face mostly Shermans and T-34s.

mojave #22 Posted May 04 2017 - 07:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22672 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
If gold ammo was limited all people would see is a shift in meta to heavily armored vehicles. Sure armor would become more powerful than it is but it would mean that for a number of reasons medium tanks as well as light tanks and even some heavy tanks would become very weak. To everyone who says flank i present the map abbey which has three corridors. Tell me more about how my medium is going to outflank when i have to attack head on. Really just check out anfields newest video on armor and gold ammo to better understand how even currently armor is still relevant.

PUNISHER989 #23 Posted May 04 2017 - 08:06

Major

• Players
  • 26501 battles

View PostCloneSociety, on Apr 30 2017 - 03:44, said:

It's my opinion that any tier X rated gun shouldn't have gold rounds.

As I see it, gold rounds are there to make up for the short comings of a stock gun when facing superior enemies.

Tier X is the top of the pyramid.  There are no tanks above them, so it doesn't make sense to give them gold rounds.

Specifying tier X guns means this would apply to any tank with access to a tier X gun, and not limited to tier X tanks.

Letting tier X guns punch above their weight like this just negates armor for what should be the toughest tanks in the game.

Bwahahahaha, TYPE 5 will be king after that. Firing HE it doesn't need gold. 

CloneSociety #24 Posted May 05 2017 - 21:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18932 battles
  • [QSF] QSF

View PostWirbelfeld, on Apr 29 2017 - 19:36, said:

so make tier 10s worse than tier 9s?

That's why I said Tier X guns.  My proposal affects any gun rated tier X, so the tier nines with tier X guns would be affected as well.

zyx22 #25 Posted May 06 2017 - 02:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 18644 battles
  • [K_O_M] K_O_M
I would be fine with completely removing gold rounds from the game. I don't even need credit compensation, it throws a lot of balance out the window...

SpectreHD #26 Posted May 06 2017 - 04:05

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Apr 30 2017 - 09:47, said:

hulldown e3

hull down angled maus.

how will you fight without gold

don't get me wrong. i agree with you on gold.  but right now theres alot of tanks we need gold for.    

i just wish people didnt use gold for situations they don't need it for.....

If we can rebalance gold ammo, we can tone down armour. The reason the Maus and Type 5 got buffed was because lazy players just double tap the 2 key and take on heavies frontally. The Type 5 should have its 14cm buffed instead of adding the stupid 15cm gun.

General_Greg101 #27 Posted May 06 2017 - 05:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12120 battles

View Postpepe_trueno, on Apr 30 2017 - 12:13, said:

the only real issue with super heavys are the idiotic maps and mechanics  that push everyone into brawling in predeterminated tiny areas with little to no chance of flanking manuvers, fix that and we wont need gold at all. 

An even larger, and more complex overhaul. It would be much easier for WG to try to balance Gold rather than completely re-design the game around it's removal. Which was the point of my first post.

View PostTahllol, on Apr 30 2017 - 17:24, said:

Gasp no it would require them to learn to play and move around instead of just spam gold at front of tank.

Yes, because every super heavy tank can easily be flanked, and destroyed in every scenario right?  

Wirbelfeld #28 Posted May 17 2017 - 02:32

Captain

• Players
  • 19924 battles
  • [R-7] R-7

View PostCloneSociety, on May 05 2017 - 20:58, said:

That's why I said Tier X guns.  My proposal affects any gun rated tier X, so the tier nines with tier X guns would be affected as well.

and what happens to tanks like maus?

You would need to completely rebalance a ton of tanks that are balanced around the concept of gold rounds

I personally think gold rounds should be entirely rebalanced, less damage more pen maybe, but removing them entirely foy any tank? I dont think that would be a good idea

Ravenpaw3 #29 Posted May 19 2017 - 15:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 803 battles
I think Wargaming should allow gold rounds in tier 10 tanks but limit it to where they cant have gold rounds take up more than 50% of their overall ammo capacity.

Charlie_The_Cat #30 Posted May 20 2017 - 21:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12485 battles

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Apr 29 2017 - 20:47, said:

hulldown e3

hull down angled maus.

how will you fight without gold

don't get me wrong. i agree with you on gold.  but right now theres alot of tanks we need gold for.    

i just wish people didnt use gold for situations they don't need it for.....

If you face these tanks hulldown, you either are TD with a big gun too, or you are an idiot that ventured to far and don't know how to play.

Can you honestly say that it should be possible for a T62A (for example) to be hulldown too and just nuke a hulldown Maus by using 330mm HEAT? It shouldn't be possible. Period.

When you can't pen something, you have HE that will help to a little damage get's you tons of crits on the crew and give you a chance to escape.

And balanced Tier X don't need gold round as they site at the top of the food chain.  And that would also put back some balance in the game between tier 9 and 10.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #31 Posted May 20 2017 - 22:12

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View PostThereIsNoCloud, on May 20 2017 - 13:59, said:

If you face these tanks hulldown, you either are TD with a big gun too, or you are an idiot that ventured to far and don't know how to play.

Can you honestly say that it should be possible for a T62A (for example) to be hulldown too and just nuke a hulldown Maus by using 330mm HEAT? It shouldn't be possible. Period.

When you can't pen something, you have HE that will help to a little damage get's you tons of crits on the crew and give you a chance to escape.

And balanced Tier X don't need gold round as they site at the top of the food chain.  And that would also put back some balance in the game between tier 9 and 10.

unfortunatley with tunnel maps.   and teams....well its a situation that comes up alot

take north spawn of himmelsdorf for example.  that cubby that the e3 can sit in.   good luck digging it out in cw.   add 2 maus to the road next to it,  angled and sidescraped.     and you can't pen them at all.   you need gold to get their cheeks or cupola.

HE dmg right now sucks due to a few reasons.   1, at tier 10, if AP wont pen.  HE's dmg is likely to be so bad that module dmg wont happen, and dmg will be in double digits at best.    in comparison the tank you shot HE at likely wont have as much trouble shooting and penning you, as meds and most heavies have big weakspots that are known.  just need to aim for.  

so unfortunatley...gold is needed right now.    

tunnel maps,  large teams,  small maps that make flanking a JOKE for 90% of the match (only once enough enemies have died is flanking a serious option unless its a yolo push with the entire team)

SquirrellyWraths #32 Posted May 20 2017 - 23:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5616 battles
  • [EZ_CO] EZ_CO

No gold for any guns, at any tier. Make the developers produce balanced machines

Omega_Weapon #33 Posted May 21 2017 - 04:49

Captain

• Players
  • 42201 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostSquirrellyWraths, on May 20 2017 - 17:26, said:

No gold for any guns, at any tier. Make the developers produce balanced machines

​Premium ammo is part of the balance. Just like premium ammo was used in war time. More effective, but more expensive, so not always available in large quantities.

pepe_trueno #34 Posted May 21 2017 - 16:03

Major

• Players
  • 38221 battles

View PostGeneral_Greg101, on May 06 2017 - 05:41, said:

An even larger, and more complex overhaul. It would be much easier for WG to try to balance Gold rather than completely re-design the game around it's removal. Which was the point of my first post.

-

i know its posible to balance them i mean they can just make APCR damage to be inverce to the pen increance and HEAT  get terrible dispersion so its only good at close combat but is not going to solve the horrible gameplay we have now. as much as i hate gold rounds, without a general rework of maps and mechanics nerfing them will only serve to replace the current gold spammig  fast tank meta with heavyarmored meta.

the goal should be to create variety, not to kick the table every now and then to rotate the dominating tanks.

Edited by pepe_trueno, May 21 2017 - 16:06.

Slatherer #35 Posted May 21 2017 - 16:26

Major

• Players
  • 29245 battles
Thr way things are going, tier 10 guns should get a depleted uranium round for 15g a shot.  415 pen!

Omega_Weapon #36 Posted May 21 2017 - 22:53

Captain

• Players
  • 42201 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View Postpepe_trueno, on May 21 2017 - 10:03, said:

-

i know its posible to balance them i mean they can just make APCR damage to be inverce to the pen increance and HEAT  get terrible dispersion so its only good at close combat but is not going to solve the horrible gameplay we have now. as much as i hate gold rounds, without a general rework of maps and mechanics nerfing them will only serve to replace the current gold spammig  fast tank meta with heavyarmored meta.

the goal should be to create variety, not to kick the table every now and then to rotate the dominating tanks.

​If you reduce the damage for APCR rounds, they lose value compared to their huge cost. Are you going to make APCR the same cost as AP then for balance? Actually with the artificial HP model used in game now, nerfing the APCR damage takes us even farther away from the real world (where one pen from a sub-caliber sabot round is often enough to destroy a modern MBT). If anything APCR should keep its current damage values, HEAT should do 25% more damage, and regular AP should do 50% more damage than it currently does.

xeromorris #37 Posted May 22 2017 - 05:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13686 battles
  • [STUMP] STUMP
everyone keeps saying tier 10 tank this and tier 10 tanks that.. while the OP clearly said, "tier 10 guns" that means that any tank be it a tier 8 or 9 that has a tier 10 gun, wont be able to load premium for said gun. thus actually making a balance.

CloneSociety #38 Posted May 22 2017 - 06:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18932 battles
  • [QSF] QSF

View Postxeromorris, on May 21 2017 - 20:49, said:

everyone keeps saying tier 10 tank this and tier 10 tanks that.. while the OP clearly said, "tier 10 guns" that means that any tank be it a tier 8 or 9 that has a tier 10 gun, wont be able to load premium for said gun. thus actually making a balance.

I'm glad someone gets my post. :P

Great_Sage #39 Posted May 22 2017 - 14:33

Private

• -Players-
  • 13762 battles
  • [NMBS] NMBS

I think gold rounds should be limited, and do less damage, so players have to consider when and where to use the precious resource instead of having the most well funded tank. 

Also, I had heard that gold rounds are supposed to make lower tier vehicles more competitive to the higher tier vehicles that they face, this is usually redundant since; if most standard rounds won't go through, the gold rounds won't help either.

If tier 10 guns are the top dogs of the game, what "higher tier" are they facing to be competitive against? Better armored tanks than theirs? The better armored tanks sacrifice (most of the time) speed and size for their armor, if you take that armor away you are left with a giant target.

Also tagged with gold, gold rounds, gold balance, gold ammo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users