What the heck happen to clan wars?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

MisterLeeD #1 Posted May 02 2017 - 01:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52842 battles
  • [REJEX] REJEX

We have been very inactive for a real long time but I just checked the global map for old times sake and what went down?

Wargaming was talking about combining all 3 games into a huge global map and instead we have a map of the USA with very little going on.

What is the attraction to grind to tier 10?

I thought the idea was to fix all the problems with clan wars and motivate the player base forward this does not seem to be the case.

Bsan77 #2 Posted May 02 2017 - 01:55

Captain

• Players
  • 12951 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Yes. Recently they killed the gold income, which obviously rekt it a bit..

driesp #3 Posted May 02 2017 - 02:03

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

Advance / defence mode is actually much more fun than CW.

You can play your tier x's against clans around your clans level.

When you win you win upwards of 10K industrial resources, you even make industrial resources in a loss.

Much better than CW where you have to spend hours trying to earn 50 cents worth of gold to be shared by many.

Cent72 #4 Posted May 02 2017 - 02:11

Major

• Players
  • 23135 battles
Wargaming never planned to combine ships. planes, and tanks into 1 game. War thunder did.

DarkConfidant #5 Posted May 02 2017 - 02:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21064 battles
Tier 10 will have 30v30 which is tier 10 only. It will be for ranked battles as well which will be used to determine skill which is nice as we won't have to use a casual format to have anything that resembles stats and won't be the ONLY game that doesn't use a competitive mode for stats. 

Edited by DarkConfidant, May 02 2017 - 02:35.

driesp #6 Posted May 02 2017 - 02:49

Major

• Players
  • 31571 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

View PostCent72, on May 02 2017 - 09:11, said:

Wargaming never planned to combine ships. planes, and tanks into 1 game. War thunder did.

Correct, Wargaming did however recently move Storm into a cupboard and have appointed a person from WOWP to head WoT development.

MisterLeeD #7 Posted May 05 2017 - 04:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52842 battles
  • [REJEX] REJEX

Does not speak well for the future of this game when instead of solving problems it is much better to just shut down things.

I enjoyed the competition of clan wars even though most of the clan did not.

Zemke #8 Posted May 09 2017 - 01:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 36685 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

Good Question!

The only reason I started playing this game six years ago (2011) was Clan Wars, and the political/competitive inter-play it would create between Clans.  Clan Wars has been slowly changed to the point that it is no longer much of a draw. The "rewards" system have changed Clan Wars so much, it does not have the same excitement it once held for me.  I went from playing everyday possible to not at all.  Although I recently played a few games to see what the new arty changes were like.

I am not going to get into motivations for why WG has done this, I realize the North American server guys have limited influence on what decisions take place at corporate HQ in Minsk, or wherever WG HQ is.  Regardless I voted with my feet during the last season after slowly losing interest and not really seeing the point to all the time put into it.

I had very much hoped WG had gone back to a more traditional clan wars system, another reason I "checked in" on the game, but no.  The draw of this game to me was clan wars, the cause of my lack of interest today has been the changes to clan wars.  

Playing the game itself was a means to an end, at first it was to get tier 10 tanks to play clan wars, later it became a means to get more effective tier 10 tanks to have more options to play clan wars, and finally with tank locking it was to get enough tier 10 tanks so as to not run out of tanks so I could continue to fight in clan wars, and last after I had gotten plenty of tier 10 tanks, the final motivation was to improve my game play (get my stats pulled up) to try and set the example for my clan and be a more effective clan wars player.

So....playing regular tanks day in and out was always a means to an end, Clan Wars.

Anyway these are my thoughts, and I have seen this game from almost the day of launch.  I do realize it is a numbers game to WG, and players like me may be few, or not important enough to matter in the bigger picture, and I understand that too.

DEADP00L_ #9 Posted May 14 2017 - 08:11

Major

• Players
  • 25448 battles

View PostMisterLeeD, on May 04 2017 - 22:46, said:

Does not speak well for the future of this game when instead of solving problems it is much better to just shut down things.

I enjoyed the competition of clan wars even though most of the clan did not.

CW wars were the most fun I had in this game. it sucks that they killed the one thing i liked

MisterLeeD #10 Posted May 15 2017 - 19:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52842 battles
  • [REJEX] REJEX

View PostZemke, on May 08 2017 - 19:27, said:

Good Question!

The only reason I started playing this game six years ago (2011) was Clan Wars, and the political/competitive inter-play it would create between Clans.  Clan Wars has been slowly changed to the point that it is no longer much of a draw. The "rewards" system have changed Clan Wars so much, it does not have the same excitement it once held for me.  I went from playing everyday possible to not at all.  Although I recently played a few games to see what the new arty changes were like.

I am not going to get into motivations for why WG has done this, I realize the North American server guys have limited influence on what decisions take place at corporate HQ in Minsk, or wherever WG HQ is.  Regardless I voted with my feet during the last season after slowly losing interest and not really seeing the point to all the time put into it.

I had very much hoped WG had gone back to a more traditional clan wars system, another reason I "checked in" on the game, but no.  The draw of this game to me was clan wars, the cause of my lack of interest today has been the changes to clan wars.  

Playing the game itself was a means to an end, at first it was to get tier 10 tanks to play clan wars, later it became a means to get more effective tier 10 tanks to have more options to play clan wars, and finally with tank locking it was to get enough tier 10 tanks so as to not run out of tanks so I could continue to fight in clan wars, and last after I had gotten plenty of tier 10 tanks, the final motivation was to improve my game play (get my stats pulled up) to try and set the example for my clan and be a more effective clan wars player.

So....playing regular tanks day in and out was always a means to an end, Clan Wars.

Anyway these are my thoughts, and I have seen this game from almost the day of launch.  I do realize it is a numbers game to WG, and players like me may be few, or not important enough to matter in the bigger picture, and I understand that too.

Yeah pretty much my motivations also.

I will be the first to admit I enjoy random games and as a long time clan leader I have tried to move new folks into positions to get us going again but besides strongholds I am not seeing any end game.

Maggz #11 Posted May 23 2017 - 06:17

Captain

• Players
  • 32259 battles
Me personally I find very little enjoyment in CW these days, currently I am playing in tier 6 and only doing it casually. There seems to be no motivation for moving forward to 8s or even 10s at this point. I just play now whenever I feel like.

Kilduda #12 Posted May 25 2017 - 19:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 17587 battles
  • [ASU] ASU
Clan Wars made WOT what it is.  If they get rid of CWs, RIP WOT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users