• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

Unknown0ne #21 Posted May 06 2017 - 02:51

Captain

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 27987 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View PostArrowfoot, on May 05 2017 - 18:34, said:

From the looks of it, Ranked battles are nothing more then another way to feed new meat to the stat concerned players. Years ago, Purple players became purple with company teams. Ranked clans trolled the tier 5 ranks with well practiced teams of pure KV-1's and rolled over all comers, building their win rate. Funny thing is when the "just for fun" players stopped doing the company teams so did the purple clans, after all if two elite clans had to fight each other then one of them would loose and defeat the purpose of running. Then there was the many attempts to get 'for fun clans" more into clan wars, even putting in sand box clan wars, but as always the purple people flocked to the lower ranks and the "for fun" players left.

WoT is always looking for a way to feed the egos of the purple people. This will be no different. For one thing its tier 10 battles which are to expensive for many players. Then the field resets every 30, 60 or 90 days insuring that the "for fun" players will be thrown back into the mix with the purple people, after all if the ranking lasted a year soon purple people would only have each other to fight and again gain nothing for the effort. 

Lastly the set up all but guarantees that the the only people getting any of the net stuff you can earn will be the purple people.

So I recommend that other "for fun players" do what i plan on doing, don't play the ranked battles. If the purple people want to earn that stuff make them risk their stats to do it by fighting other purple people.

Have a nice day 

If you honestly think WG is catering to top players I don't know what to tell you. The original clan wars was so much better for top players because you could hold large swaths of land; there were no arbitrary limits put in place. But then LZs couldn't be recaptured while holding land, then there were riots, and then there was auctions. Mechanic after mechanic was added to clan wars, to the detriment of the top clans by heavily limiting how much land they could hold so there was more room for less skilled clans. Of course, all these changes really did was kill high level competitive play because it wasn't worth while to do clan wars as a top player compared to tournaments, and wars--perhaps the best part of old clan wars--wasn't even really possible because you couldn't have a front without being backdoored by riots and auctions.

Then there's the campaigns; it used to be it was just the top clans got reward tanks. Then there were fame points and individual rewards, which prevented top clans from dominating and getting all of the reward vehicles.

Then there's RNG, one of the core mechanics in the game that pretty much any top player would be against; RNG is the counter to skill. Great play can be defeated by poor RNG, and poor play can be enhanced by good RNG. Top players want less (or no) RNG, because it reduces the role skill plays in the game.

Spasmodic_Catapilla #22 Posted May 06 2017 - 03:30

Private

• Players
  • 18150 battles

Really enjoying ranked battles on the test server. the reward equipment is too strong, however. Unlike a lot of games, wot has reasonable balance in terms of eqpt. However, the specialized eqpt has the potential to create seriously op tanks in public battles which will just frustrate the majority of the playerbase that won't be participating much in ranked battles. I strongly suggest toning down the benefit of the specialized eqpt to a 10% or so improvement (some are now at 50% improvement over regular eqpt), or offer other things that don't upset competitive balance (camo and inscriptions, a reward tank, something related to crews, or perhaps armory items like food), or both. My initial .02

Edit: another thought for enticing play in ranked without unbalancing the game too much is to make the economy better than in randoms. For many players grinding tier 8s is a necessary and annoying aspect of playing tier 10s. While this makes sense for the game in general, there is no reason why it necessarily applies to ranked battles. So one of the ways that ranked could be sold to the playerbase is as an opportunity to play tier 10s without the same economic cost. Either you can change the payout structure for battles, or you can simply give a credit earning bonus for playing in ranked. Right now, there are credits when you move up a rank, but it mostly isn't enough to alter the economic incentives of playing in ranked. So I would either significantly increase the credit bonus for going up a rank, or add a credit bonus to when you get a chevron (which would probably be better).

Edited by Highcyde, May 06 2017 - 11:32.

AMGPilot #23 Posted May 06 2017 - 04:38

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 39812 battles
  • [RS] RS

Okay it has been almost 6 hours now and still stuck in queue.

I had to alt tab out of the game and close it manually 6 hours ago.

I just tried to login using the auto selection, it tried to log me into CT1 but a message appeared that stated I was still logged into another server. It automatically switched me to CT2 and of course, I am still in queue :(

I just submitted a ticket. Hopefully they can resolve this issue.

Edited by AMGPilot, May 06 2017 - 04:54.

teothegreat239 #24 Posted May 06 2017 - 04:57

Private

• -Players-
  • 8795 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

New bug stuck in the joining battle queue. i joined a random battle but before it started i closed the game while it was finding a match and it is now stuck saying "exit" tried switching servers took me to the same server and tried to exit the queue same thing happened reinstalled the game and same thing it must be server side.

Update: made a new account and that seemed to fix it cant get in with my other account though.

Update: another bug? holding s after i fixed track does not reverse the tank

Edited by teothegreat239, May 07 2017 - 22:24.

Ciel115 #25 Posted May 06 2017 - 06:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21216 battles
  • [-R_P-] -R_P-
Sounds fun but also, since it's a more "high-stakes" game mode, that it will be ruined by premium ammo. If you take two players of equal skill in identical tanks, the one who throws more money at the game will end each match with considerably more dmg, and thus more exp, and thus reach higher ranks.

Shiller #26 Posted May 06 2017 - 06:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 23986 battles
so what is going to happen is the good players are going to get to high ranks and receive the better rewards. then they are going to get the better equipment and such for their tanks so then not only are they better players but they will also have better tank capabilities than lesser players..... so all in all the better players will get better and their tanks will too.......

bavadawir #27 Posted May 06 2017 - 09:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 23236 battles
  • [9-PDH] 9-PDH
Also stuck in queue, also the amount of bonds to start with is quite low (you can only fit one tank with 1 type of equipment)

AMGPilot #28 Posted May 06 2017 - 10:37

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 39812 battles
  • [RS] RS

Sent a ticket in and they said:

"We regret to inform you that we are limited in our ability to support the Test server in any fashion because our NA Support team does not have administrative access to Test servers. Administration of the Test server is done exclusively by RU Support."

That's a bunch of crap!!!

Spasmodic_Catapilla #29 Posted May 06 2017 - 10:50

Private

• Players
  • 18150 battles
oh well, can't test. stuck in queue, can't get out.

Urdr #30 Posted May 06 2017 - 12:19

Major

• Players
  • 41754 battles

I don't like the idea of grinding for improved equipment and improved skills/perks that will be only affordable for few wallet players.

Bat_Chat_Crazy #31 Posted May 06 2017 - 15:20

Private

• Players
  • 7111 battles

While not opposed to no-platoon, tier X only ranked battles, I cannot say I am a fan of further separation of great players from the rest. I do not mind the consumable boost, but permanent equipment boosts for people who did not need it just sounds like greater disparity between upper end players and the rest. 

While I think they have come a great step forward in random battle match-making, the games are still completely lop-sided more times than not. I would rather see more effort into making the regular random games closer.

Lights have no function currently. Either everyone is too far away and the only people you really are going to spot is the enemy light tanks/you are going to sit around for the couple more seconds for the mediums/some heavies to arrive and actually start the battle (nullifies any speed advantage you had) or its a frickin city map. Not being able to see more than a block or two means your light tank is worse than a medium or heavy.

Only thing worse than a light tank is a spg. I do think they have a spot in the game. I do not mind the damage drop for the stun. What I mind is not being able to play a spg and get shots off. 30+seconds reload time and terrible fire arcs is very limiting to begin with. Now, it feels a 50-50 game of chance of whether an SPG can contribute or not to a match, as there are too many maps that have too limited positioning of spgs so that they can hope someone will trek into their green circle. Abbey, Ensk, Himmelsdorf (to a point), Lakeville, Mountain Pass (to a point), Ruinberg, Siegfried, Widepark, Paris, Pilsen, & Stalingrad means an spg is either extremely limited in function and can be avoided, or completely useless altogether. Sacred Valley's map wouldn't be too terrible if they expanded the size of the map overall. As it stands, its about like playing in widepark as an arty. With the sped up gameplay, which was intentional by design, reckon we could get reasonable reload times and fire arcs to allow spgs to push through something more than they currently are. I even understand the damage would come down just a little bit more, but hey... I'd like to play my preferred role too. 

t8z5h3 #32 Posted May 06 2017 - 15:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 33653 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

after looking at the ranked battles here is what i think:

1.great idea but needs to be expanded by:

A-the server admin's of the regains need to be able to set start and finish times for stages (say saterday from 1 to 4 PM PST) 

B-the Class and Tier needs to be able to be set based on Server Population and there needs

C-the Bonds should be able to be attainable in meany ways

2. Two WGA Staff- Be vary careful as this will have a vary lasting balance change to server High PR players will have a advantage unless your going to move around the tiers of the Rank Battles.

HZero #33 Posted May 06 2017 - 15:59

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 15107 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostUnknown0ne, on May 05 2017 - 19:51, said:

If you honestly think WG is catering to top players I don't know what to tell you. The original clan wars....

Then there's RNG, one of the core mechanics in the game that pretty much any top player would be against; RNG is the counter to skill. Great play can be defeated by poor RNG, and poor play can be enhanced by good RNG. Top players want less (or no) RNG, because it reduces the role skill plays in the game.

First up, don't mix clans and purple players; there's probably a Venn diagram for that somewhere.  The Clan Wars changes were to allow good players to receive rewards even if they were not in the top clans.  That absolutely favors good players, period.   But that's not really the point.

The point is the second thing you mention here.   Adding additional equipment that stacks on top of regular equipment continues to lessen the impact of RNG.  Now that's a bad idea anyway - ask the Armored Warfare team what happened to the game when they allowed wholesale stacking of bonuses - oh wait, you can't, because they all got fired because that killed the game.  :-p

Now on top of the wholesale stacking, add to that the fact that only good (or very dedicated, or paying) players will have access to this new RNG lessening equipment.  No bueno.

And that's the point.  This move tilts the field away from the casual player (again).   I'm fine with the additional equipment in theory (provided the bonuses are very small) - but it needs to be kept out of standard pub matches if its going to be included in the game.

Also...still stuck in the stupid queue bug.  Guess its back to the live server....

kahleemw0209 #34 Posted May 06 2017 - 16:48

Private

• -Players-
  • 7090 battles
  • [HERC] HERC

I never even g the chance to play in the test sever because it kept saying that all the servers where temperaliy down so this was last night I log back into today and still says the same thing that would of been my first time being in a test server pls fix the severs plsss thank you:(:(:sceptic::)

Edited by kahleemw0209, May 06 2017 - 16:49.

Trimby99 #35 Posted May 06 2017 - 17:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 26595 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View Postdance210, on May 05 2017 - 16:18, said:

Hi guys!

For those who are stuck in queue, we are aware of the issue and have passed it on. We apologize for the inconvenience.

And now, I will go back to staring at the queue counter that refuses to let me exit as well :(

I'm still stuck in que. Is this some kind of joke?

RicoViking9000 #36 Posted May 06 2017 - 17:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2390 battles
  • [FBL-X] FBL-X

View Postkahleemw0209, on May 06 2017 - 10:48, said:

I never even g the chance to play in the test sever because it kept saying that all the servers where temperaliy down so this was last night I log back into today and still says the same thing that would of been my first time being in a test server pls fix the severs plsss thank you:(:(:sceptic::)

If you registered after April 28 then you can't play.

View PostTrimby99, on May 06 2017 - 11:40, said:

I'm still stuck in que. Is this some kind of joke?

​We all are and it's an error!

nick28752 #37 Posted May 06 2017 - 19:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12928 battles
  • [-UO-] -UO-
My only complaint is that even when I have a good game I pen all but 2 or 3 shots I still have a hard time braking even in this mode even if I use a premium acount

AZsteel #38 Posted May 06 2017 - 19:55

Private

• Players
  • 16975 battles
  • [BT-SX] BT-SX

View PostDragonmyfeat, on May 05 2017 - 11:26, said:

You didnt make "mistakes" in previous competitive modes. The mistake was dedicating your resources to "new game modes" when you should be making new maps and tanks. You dont get it. Your not going to get it. Your server population is now in a nose dive that you wont recover from. You have no one to blame but yourself. What you do from here on out dose not matter. You pissed on your players. You continue to do everything but what you should do to save your game. You have gone to far. Its all lost. Do what you want.

I agree with Dragonmyfeat.  I am admittedly an average player at best.  That being said, I can see that I'm not the only one becoming a bit bored at playing the same maps over and over again.  I understand some of the prior maps had their issues, but the variety was what made WOT fun to play.  Depending on tier, you now see the same 3-4 maps all day long.  I would favor bringing back some of the older maps and getting rid of that silly Paris one.  Dragon is correct in saying that WOT needs to act now to ensure a sustainable game population.  I sense that new players lose interest faster and don't become regulars, especially as the veterans who have played the same maps over and over again, seal club them to death.  I hope that it's not too late.  

Recommendation:  Have a beginner set of maps that all new accounts start with.  For those players who excel quickly (possibly old players with new accounts), have WoT shunt them into the main pool while the clear noobs based on stats etc can develop skills and confidence in a protected pool of players of a similar beginner play level.  That way they won't get discouraged too early and never return. When these real 'noobs' finally develop the skills needed to be competitive, then based on stats, they would automatically 'graduate' into the general pool of players.   

Edited by AZsteel, May 06 2017 - 19:58.

eek4u #39 Posted May 06 2017 - 20:27

Private

• Players
  • 22741 battles
Please mention this is only for Tier 10 in the information so people that don't have T10 don't waste their time. thanks.

ewm1 #40 Posted May 06 2017 - 20:41

Private

• Players
  • 42651 battles
Game is joining me into battle at start on it's own. Then it never starts and it won't let me leave either. Just stuck.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users