WoT 9.19 Common Test Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

AdamG2001 #41 Posted May 06 2017 - 20:46

Private

• -Players-
  • 11015 battles

Anyone else having problems that when you repair your track in ranked mode it repairs but you can't move still?

GI_Joe #42 Posted May 06 2017 - 21:04

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 14707 battles
Please tell me that the improved equipment will not be able to be mounted on lower tier tanks for Random Battles. The plain imbalance that this will cause between good ranked players and new or average players, or those that either do not have tier 10 vehicles or do not participate in Ranked Battles is astounding. If the new equipment is only able to be used in Ranked Battles, then that would be fair. This is just my opinion, but I doubt I'm the only customer of yours that hopes you would listen to it. Thank you for reading.

Mikosah #43 Posted May 06 2017 - 21:23

Major

• Players
  • 17520 battles

Seems to me that these performance-enhancing rewards are only going to be counterproductive in the long run. Particularly because of the directives, which are consumed after every battle and therefore repeated participation in the ranked mode is necessary to resupply them. If a player's motivation to participate in ranked is only to receive these performance boosts, then you've just given him a conflict of interest. He's playing a mode that he doesn't really want to just to get those bonds. Of course, there's still a question of what typical earnings are going to look like. Suppose a player plays one ranked battle, wins, and gets promoted to rank 1. Repeats the process once a week until the season ends. How many bonds will this earn him?

If its enough to indefinitely fund the enhancements he wants for typical play in the randoms, then expect players to take the path of least resistance and play only a few ranked battles per season. If it is not enough to do this, then many players may not bother even touching ranked in the first place. Also keep in mind that we're talking about a mode exclusive to tier 10, which means the total amount of players able to participate is going to be limited. So the question has to be asked- what does this mode really bring to the table? Are these performance boosts the only tangible reason that the players should show interest? There is one interesting thing about the mode itself, and that's the idea of being matched with players of your own skill level. But stop and think about it- for every rank you advance, the pool of compatible players shrinks even more. At some point, the ranking becomes superficial.

So that's the dilemma. An already limited segment of the playerbase is getting split between two modes (or possibly even three if frontline becomes a thing), and on top of that their motivation is basically tied to exclusive performance enhancements that could disrupt balance in the randoms. I smell a lose-lose situation here. But I also sense some simple improvements that would solve these problems. The obvious one is not to make this mode exclusive to tier 10. If other tiers could participate (and in doing so, receive guaranteed same-tier MM), ranked battles would be wildly popular regardless of what the rewards were. And if it were in fact popular, then there wouldn't be as much concern of any given rank sitting unoccupied. Some balancing tweaks might have to be made to arrange such a thing, but that's okay. In the long run it only helps reveal problems that should have been fixed at any rate.

And as for the rewards themselves, I get a bad feeling about such exclusive performance boosts. If it were up to me, bonds would be valuable for a different reason entirely. I would set them up to be a competitive alternative to gold/credits/free-exp for particular transactions. For instance, training/transferring crews, buying/demounting equipment, garage/barracks slots, converting exp, et cetera. Or perhaps bonds could be used to purchase other things that are normally not available for gold. Female crewmen, CW camo patterns, or things like that.

madgiecool #44 Posted May 06 2017 - 21:44

Major

• Players
  • 47729 battles
  • [4NZAB] 4NZAB

Ranked

Yawn.

Just another measuring stick for purples to be purple and noobs to be noobs.

I can't wait to seeing the in game trolling and general chat hate for this new mode.

Well Played WG

:sceptic:

GaussDeath #45 Posted May 06 2017 - 23:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 51423 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

Bugs: 
Ranked Mode bug: After repairing tracks I am sometimes still unable to move.
Directives bug: When placing directives on a tank there appears to be no increase to the tank's values in the statistics. Example: when placing an Orderly Ammo Rack in the directives there is no corresponding decrease in the reload time statistic or an increase in the DPM statistic. 

Feedback
1) New Mission layout: The new mission layout is too large. It takes 10x as long to process the missions compared to the old version. A simpler view is preferable. Please provide a 'simple view' option with text that explains how to complete the mission and what the rewards are. Your graphical view has insufficient information and text is much easier to read and understand.

2) Ranked Battles post battle graphic: It is just annoying to have to wait for that thing to finish so you can cancel it. Please create a setting to to turn off the progress graphic after the battle. 

3) Ranked Battles loss of chevron: In a lost game you either lose a chevron or you gain one. There is no middle ground. Please create a middle ground where you neither lose a chevron nor gain one in a loss.
         Suggested example: Gain one if you are top 3 in a loss, lose one if you are bottom 6. Do not lose or gain one from 4-9th place. 
4) Crew Directives:  the effects of these directives are not described in the description of the directive. Example: what does the directive "Natural Cover" do?
5) Improved Equipment and Directives as a whole: like others, I generally dislike the whole idea of a system that does even more to separate the skilled from the unskilled players. 

6) Armory: Again, you have replaced functionality with overly large graphics. Please reduce the size of the graphics or provide a text only option. The previous view was large enough and forced people to hunt for equipment. The new view is even larger and will force us to spend even more time to find equipment. Scrolling to find things should be avoided!!!
        Alternately, if you are going to use larger graphics please stop resetting the scroll bar after every purchase/sale

7) Fire direction indicator: The fire direction indicator is off-center. Honestly, aiming back along the line of fire is not that big a deal. You often have a hard time figuring the elevation to aim at. But, if you really want to remove the ability to aim back along the line of fire there are other methods that could be used without making the system ugly (offcenter is just bleh). Your previous method (before you adopted the mod that indicated the line of fire as a line) for indicating the general direction of fire was fine. 

8) Crew Stun indicator vs Crew injured indicator: while more of a 9.18 issue it is still not fixed. It is difficult to see which crew are injured when you are stunned due to stun indicators obscuring the injured indicator. 

Edited by GaussDeath, May 07 2017 - 13:25.

Freddyelgrande #46 Posted May 06 2017 - 23:31

Private

• -Players-
  • 8379 battles
  • [JDL] JDL
My game is stuck in the battle search screen, I click exit battle and stays stuck in the "exit..." screen, I click X to quit the game and sign-in on CT2 and says that there is a session that is not finished and takes me back to the battle search screen again and it is still stuck there, I re-installed the test server and It is still stuck there... don't know what else to do.

Brick94 #47 Posted May 06 2017 - 23:45

Captain

• Players
  • 38987 battles
The rewards will kill this game faster than the 9.18 update.  This game more is just an excuse to sell more gold as you will need to play the more and shoot pure gold if you want the rewards to keep up with the player base.  If this goes live, say good bye to more of your player base.

Edited by Brick94, May 06 2017 - 23:49.

Noivy #48 Posted May 06 2017 - 23:49

Captain

• Players
  • 30226 battles
  • [DIMBO] DIMBO

Hooooo boy do I have some choice words for the idiot who thought moving the detailed damage indicators over to the side from being centered on the reticle. This is one of the worst hud changes to date. It's disorienting as hell, and it makes aiming at crapthats firing at you from cover more difficult. Get rid of this change.

Spoiler

Edited by Gogmazios, May 06 2017 - 23:53.

shanebear9 #49 Posted May 06 2017 - 23:59

Private

• Players
  • 12536 battles
  • [REBEL] REBEL
I have been stuck in the battle Queue for 1 days please help. Why is everyone stuck in it

Brick94 #50 Posted May 07 2017 - 00:02

Captain

• Players
  • 38987 battles
Quit trying to borrow from WoWS and come up with something new WG.  I don't play the mode in WoWS because it's crap (WoWS is a crap game to begin with).

MessiLegend10 #51 Posted May 07 2017 - 01:28

Private

• -Players-
  • 3690 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3
What the hell. When i log in I'm in the loading screen already and I can't exit out of it. FIX IT WG

MessiLegend10 #52 Posted May 07 2017 - 01:29

Private

• -Players-
  • 3690 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3

View PostFreddyelgrande, on May 06 2017 - 23:31, said:

My game is stuck in the battle search screen, I click exit battle and stays stuck in the "exit..." screen, I click X to quit the game and sign-in on CT2 and says that there is a session that is not finished and takes me back to the battle search screen again and it is still stuck there, I re-installed the test server and It is still stuck there... don't know what else to do.

I'm having that problem too and I haven't played one single battle in the test server

AMGPilot #53 Posted May 07 2017 - 03:40

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 39812 battles
  • [RS] RS
I have been stuck in queue ever since the test server started :facepalm:

I sent in a ticket and Wargaming North America says that they have nothing to do with the test server, that it is ran by Wargaming RU. So they cannot help us at all!!

I guess we have to wait until there is an update to the test server and they reset everything before we can attempt to login again.

What kills me is, why even have a feedback thread for the Common Test server if they cannot support us in any way. So apparently this is just a place for people to complain and feel like they are giving feedback just to appease them :sceptic:

DemitriVritra_US #54 Posted May 07 2017 - 03:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23955 battles
  • [MSFTR] MSFTR
the Equipment isn't a bad Idea it's just you tacked it onto a OPTIONAL game mode, forcing it to not be in order to be competitive. It also completely ripe for abuse, what stops a Creative or Malicous player with good skill removing said equipment from the tier 10 putting it on a lower tier, then proceeding to remove what little skill play is left in tournaments or seal club new players with impossible to beat damage.

​For example my Church 3 which I use for fun and credit grinding currently has a 1.72 reload, with the new equipment it drastically reduces this time to the point where I am firing so fast you won't be able to counter the damage being flung at you especially in close quarters.

​secondly you are rewarding good skill and play with the ability to exponentially improve on your ability to be competitive without improving your skill, which I dunno if you know this It kind of defeats the efing Spirit of a god damn ranking system! now I'm not saying those who  achieve glory shouldn't be rewarded, just in the regards to the rewards they are not viable for fair and balanced game play. Custom skins, decals, the ability to purchase/obtain rare/special tanks, premium time, Hell even a little Icon that everyone can see signifying they're something can even be a reward (cause that's pure bragging rights there.) but the equipment attached to that mode is about effectively as much of a good Idea as the Gold Ammo for Credits Idea, sure on paper it seems good, but in Practice it will cause more problems and push a significant amount of the player base away.

​Dunno bout you but I remember when the servers would sit around close to 50k each on week nights. now you are lucky if it hits 40k combined on a good night. so please go ahead try to kill your game, cause most likely that this came from the same Knuckleheads that thought nerfing the view range on lights and attaching buffs to Emblems was a good Idea.... which only begs the question why haven't they been fired yet?

​P.S. how about for once you make Good on one of these patches and finally swap out the purely fictitious FV215B Heavy with the Fully HD Modeled & fully stated Chieftain Mk6, you guys promised over a year ago. as the only "real" FV215B is the 183 when you look it up in documents.

Edited by DemitriVritra_US, May 07 2017 - 04:03.

MochaDragon #55 Posted May 07 2017 - 05:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 28075 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP

I placed my detailed feedback on the ranked battles mode in the appropriate thread, but I will add this overall thought here.

Instead of ranked battles and all that comes with it such as the fracturing of the player base, the need to provide incentives to play it, etc. I remain strongly in favor of adding a small-moderate skills component to MM in random battles.  No ranks, no XP, just make sure the skill is roughly evenly divided across both teams.  Have two three person purple platoons?  Great, make sure you don't place them both on the same team.  Can't make it perfectly even?  No worries, if you have 5 purple players on one team just move two of them to the other team, simple and done.

To my mind this makes random battles far more entertaining and interesting to play by removing gross imbalance from the game without all of the development time of a new game mode and all of the negatives that come with it.

DemitriVritra_US #56 Posted May 07 2017 - 06:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23955 battles
  • [MSFTR] MSFTR
Sorry for posting again, but after discussing this further with others, what is In place to prevent a large group of Individuals from match rigging in order to create an extreme power Disparity? I mean all we have to do is point back to Rampage Mode and the T22 Medium to prove that their is corruption towards the top.

shanebear9 #57 Posted May 07 2017 - 07:12

Private

• Players
  • 12536 battles
  • [REBEL] REBEL

I just wish they would fix the queue i have been stuck in it since the TS came up  :angry:

Edited by shanebear9, May 07 2017 - 10:46.

shultz314 #58 Posted May 07 2017 - 14:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 16937 battles

View Postshanebear9, on May 07 2017 - 01:12, said:

I just wish they would fix the queue i have been stuck in it since the TS came up  :angry:

2 days for me

papagallium #59 Posted May 07 2017 - 15:31

Private

• Players
  • 42000 battles
Loved the new interface, but I could not join in any battles.  Waited around 5 minutes and never got in.  There were 10K players on the server at the time, so not sure the reason why - will try again of course.

GeorgePreddy #60 Posted May 07 2017 - 15:44

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostDragonmyfeat, on May 05 2017 - 15:26, said:

You didnt  didn't   make "mistakes" in previous competitive modes. The mistake was dedicating your resources to "new game modes" when you should be making new maps and tanks. You dont  don't  get it. Your  You're  not going to get it. Your  You're  server population is now in a nose dive that you wont recover from.  now steady for a couple of years.  You have no one to blame but yourself. What you do from here on out dose  does  not matter. You pissed on your players. You continue to do everything but what you should do to save your game. You have gone  to   too  far. Its    It's not all lost. Do what you want.

Fixed some issues.

You're  ( not "your" ) welcome !!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users