Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

agree

Polp_destroyer #23 Posted Dec 25 2019 - 17:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 34512 battles
does this this address the missed shots for no reason or the non pen for no reason. what about the aim how tanks can make great shots while you play is dwarfed. 

Polp_destroyer #24 Posted Dec 25 2019 - 17:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 34512 battles
just don't spend money on this game and don't buy tanks. the tanks get nerfed and you end up with nothing for your money

grego34 #25 Posted Jan 04 2020 - 21:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 40817 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

is there a "research modules " guide for tanks?  Example object 263, do i need the new motor to get to the 268 4? 

i know some tanks u have 4 different guns but some players like me like to get to the next tank as fast as we can research the right modules

Atoyota #26 Posted May 03 2020 - 11:19

Private

• Players
  • 5551 battles
Call me stupid or tell me to read the stinking manual but.... I've breezed through this and looked elsewhere, played the game a fair amount, but can't really see a guide on team communications. Sure I know the Z key but what I'm looking for is how to communicate grid positions to my team, and mark locations on my map with an alert like I see being done by other players.
one of the more commonly used is "attention to (grid location)"
I'm not too chatty in game, but calling attention to a suspect enemy position especially to arty is a nice tool at least if your radio operator is still breathing.

Edited by Atoyota, May 03 2020 - 11:20.

dunniteowl #27 Posted Jul 19 2020 - 19:20

Major

• Players
  • 38157 battles

View PostPolp_destroyer, on Dec 25 2019 - 10:28, said:

does this this address the missed shots for no reason or the non pen for no reason. what about the aim how tanks can make great shots while you play is dwarfed. 

No.  This does NOT address that.  However, I have a strong suspicion that this will -- for you, at least --  The WoT Welcome Package (version 1)

I took a quick glance at your profile page and, while it's hard to be gentle about this, the number of games played, the WR and overall stats displayed all tell me that the "No Reason" many of your shots disappear sits at the chair and presses the keys to your game.  Honestly, if you took a bit of time to look through that set of links, you will find a wealth of information that will help you to play better simply be being more informed as to how the game actually works.

Knowledge is power.  Take back control of your gaming fun and learn to play the game from a seat of knowing how the rules work.

View Postgrego34, on Jan 04 2020 - 14:35, said:

is there a "research modules " guide for tanks?  Example object 263, do i need the new motor to get to the 268 4? 

i know some tanks u have 4 different guns but some players like me like to get to the next tank as fast as we can research the right modules

Don't think anyone has ever thought to take the time to make a Research Modules Guide.  After all, the modules are all displayed right there in front of you.  The weights, changes and differences in each module is right there in front of you.  If you want to unlock the next tank in the line, you have to unlock all those modules.

Now, there are some modules on some units below tier that are also offered in other lines and classes, depending on tier.  So you can research some modules on some tanks that 'unlock' them on other tanks, but that's pretty hard to plan out as a guide.  You do, however, have access to Tech Tree right in front of you and you have all the tanks in the lines of every class in that nation to examine at your leisure.  Thus, with all that at hand, you can do your own bit of examinations of tanks you're interested in and see what's beneath them (in terms of researching that class/line) and find out if other tanks in different classes or tiers also have those same modules.

You will find this to be relatively common with radios, tracks, some guns, engines and the occasional turret, but nothing comprehensive is going to come of trying to find all the modules in other classes or tiers in the same nation that would be worthwhile, honestly.

If you just want to know which modules to unlock first, the general method is to get the new tracks first, as they are what allow you to add the increased weight of the new turret, guns and engines that you're ultimately going to unlock.  To complete the research, you have to complete all the modules XP research as well as the XP needed to unlock the next tank in the line above the one you have to fully 'research' and 'elite' your tanks. 

At that point, you can allow your tank XP to accrue as Free XP (which requires gold to convert, so it isn't 'free' though you are free to use that XP, once converted in any XP usable manner possible) or you can click the box that says, Accelerate Crew Training.  This then places all the tank XP (as it no longer needs any to build up for research of anything) into the 'lap' of your least overall trained crew member.  In short, the least skilled crew member gets double XP as the tank XP and Crew XP are the same amounts.  This tank XP then transfers to the least skilled crew member with Accelerate Crew Training checked.

To get to the next tank you must research ALL modules, there are no 'optional' modules you can skip.

Hope that helps.

View PostAtoyota, on May 03 2020 - 04:19, said:

Call me stupid or tell me to read the stinking manual but.... I've breezed through this and looked elsewhere, played the game a fair amount, but can't really see a guide on team communications. Sure I know the Z key but what I'm looking for is how to communicate grid positions to my team, and mark locations on my map with an alert like I see being done by other players.
one of the more commonly used is "attention to (grid location)"

I'm not too chatty in game, but calling attention to a suspect enemy position especially to arty is a nice tool at least if your radio operator is still breathing.

These functions can be found here: PDF Game Manual.  To wit and specifically to answer your question highlighted above:

Q/A]  To ping a mini-map grid:  Ctrl + LMB On the minimap grid square: Send an attention message to the team by highlighting a square on the mini-map

Hope you also find that helpful.

Try to bear in mind that "Tanker Guides" are mostly for a class or specific type of tank -- or are for general battle field topic related functions.  Very few folks talk about the communications, research functions, the garage in general or where to even find the stuff that tells you how.  You have to be willing to do a little digging at times.  

Most of all, all of you, remember this is a game of many battles and it has a pretty hard learning curve beyond the initial ability to WASD and Mouse your way through a goodly number of battles.  If you wish to improve, it's not only videos that are going to help you.  Game Mechanics, Tricks, Tips and Tactics from Guides and Tutorials and other written down materials offer a wealth of information that is little covered to not covered at all in about 99.99% of all the videos you will find out there.

In fact, the tutorial or training aspect of videos available that are worthwhile are a very small percentage of the overall available video materials.  Much of the video available amounts to entertainment and specific tank information of knowledgeable and/or highly opinionated players who might also stream their games, also more as a form of entertainment than education.

A good place to start for anyone just trying to know more about the game in general can be found inside The WoT Welcome Package (version 1)

Thanks guys!  You asking questions got me to add one more thing to the package.  I will now have to add the download link the PDF Game Manual!  You have helped advance the learning curve of those behind you!  Congrats!

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Jul 19 2020 - 19:20.

SergentLazer678 #28 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 23:08

Private

• Players
  • 2 battles
Thanks for writing this, even though I already know how to play regular WoT (I play a lot of WoT on the Xbox), these were still pretty fun to read, and I learned some new stuff. 

HighPlainsDrifter65 #29 Posted Aug 29 2020 - 14:42

Private

• Players
  • 6105 battles

Hi guys... probably a stupid question, but Im having trouble callin in an arty strike... F3 used to be simple, but now its Z and... and.. then what ? Sick of taking hits while trying to figure out now to call in arty. Thanks

grego34 #30 Posted Aug 29 2020 - 17:59

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 40817 battles
  • [BOOPS] BOOPS

View PostJacks041, on Aug 21 2020 - 02:19, said:

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

your site is nothing but spam sites in INDIA

AlienAna #31 Posted Oct 04 2021 - 08:07

Private

• -Players-
  • 342 battles

Hy :)

I am new player i cannot find someplace that will teach me how to do something.

I just today get a tank that can do a #2 "loadout" of the different equipment and bullets.  i can make different setting up for the bullets but the equipment keep on going the same on both #1 and #2 loadout setting ups. I am not know if i explain correct., if i change #1 it will also change #2 loading. If i change #2 loading it will change also #1 loading.  How i can do this?  Already i used up all my golds and demont things as i try to make it work.  Some boidy please can help or send me to somewhere that has instuction.  Thanks sooo much Ana :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users