Stun is still RNG dependant.

SirLagsalot #3 Posted May 05 2017 - 07:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 44176 battles
  • [BFH] BFH

View PostXeraux, on May 05 2017 - 06:53, said:

Stun is still RNG dependant.

Is it really? Is there somewhere I can view the stun probability? Does it vary by SPG and gun caliber? Does it have a higher chance to stun upon full penetration? I'd say the Bison stuns 1 out of every 15-20 shots delivered.

Also, still not sure what's up with the damage remark.

P.S. Thanks for the quick reply.

Edited by SirLagsalot, May 05 2017 - 07:59.

Xeraux #4 Posted May 05 2017 - 08:05

Major

• Players
  • 25895 battles
  • [E-50M] E-50M

View PostSirLagsalot, on May 04 2017 - 22:56, said:

Is it really? Is there somewhere I can view the stun probability? Does it vary by SPG and gun caliber? Does it have a higher chance to stun upon full penetration? I'd say the Bison stuns 1 out of every 15-20 shots delivered.

Also, still not sure what's up with the damage remark.

P.S. Thanks for the quick reply.

Since it isn't a consistent stun time, every time, and it lessens the father you are from the impact location, yes.

As to the formula, I don't know it. I imagine and gather that it works somewhat in tandem with shell damage, since the times I'm walloped for 800 damage seem to be the times I'm stunned for 20-25s. In regards to the numbers of stun you claim, I can only guess that stun's effectiveness and presence is lowered in the low tiers. Makes some sense.

Don't know which remark you're talking about, and I'm happy to offer any insight I may have.

SirLagsalot #5 Posted May 05 2017 - 08:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 44176 battles
  • [BFH] BFH

Thank you, sir! That was very eloquent. What you're saying makes sense. It bugs me how Wargaming comes out with these sudden new features and doesn't really explain the true mechanics of the new feature beyond, "SPG shots will now cause this marker and vehicle stats degrade as a result." Ok? That says very little about how the effect is actually produced and how it is supposed to work.

Sorry about the remark confusion; I was referring to mine. I didn't want the next poster to forget I still have an observation about the damage inconsistency on penetrating shots. If a shots hits directly but doesn't actually penetrate, will it still show up on the game-end report as a "penetrating" shot, or splash? Sorry, I've never paid this close attention to the behavior of HE shells before.

Vava_das_SPGs #6 Posted May 05 2017 - 10:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 27087 battles
Direct hit will be count as direct hit.
Lower tiers (lower calibers) doesn't have great splash damage. To perform it you must hit really near the targetted tank. And thus it will scores as splash damage.

Somebody said that LeFH got the stun capability, with the new patch. As fas as I know, LeFH was untouched, as a premium vehicle. The same person told that sometimes it will stun. I played many and many times with it (lots of direct hits) and no stun available.

I sold my Bert sometime ago, and I don't know how it is performing on the new patch.

I told about LeFH and Bert because the new patch brought (for me) some question about the mechanics of "old" (long time sold) arties.

PUNISHER989 #7 Posted May 05 2017 - 10:54

Major

• Players
  • 26501 battles
ROFL, the last time I played the Bison I used it in Tank company BATTLES. 

GeisterKatze #8 Posted May 05 2017 - 12:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24471 battles
  • [7CR] 7CR

Stun = (bore in millimeters x 1/distance in meters) x St, expressed as a percentage.

St is "Stalin Factor", a variable

St for Germany = 50

St for France = 60

St for U.S. and U.K. = 75

St for U.S.S.R. = 250

Edited by BaerenGott, May 05 2017 - 12:54.

Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #9 Posted May 05 2017 - 12:50

Captain

• Players
  • 35533 battles
kinda off topic, but since they nerfed the pen of Bert, and you can't stun due to the gun calibre, would an increase in range make it op?

Xeraux #10 Posted May 10 2017 - 06:56

Major

• Players
  • 25895 battles
  • [E-50M] E-50M

View PostSirLagsalot, on May 04 2017 - 23:29, said:

Thank you, sir! That was very eloquent. What you're saying makes sense. It bugs me how Wargaming comes out with these sudden new features and doesn't really explain the true mechanics of the new feature beyond, "SPG shots will now cause this marker and vehicle stats degrade as a result." Ok? That says very little about how the effect is actually produced and how it is supposed to work.

Sorry about the remark confusion; I was referring to mine. I didn't want the next poster to forget I still have an observation about the damage inconsistency on penetrating shots. If a shots hits directly but doesn't actually penetrate, will it still show up on the game-end report as a "penetrating" shot, or splash? Sorry, I've never paid this close attention to the behavior of HE shells before.

Happy to help. WarGaming's communication is toilet level when it comes to new mechanics, although let's be fair to them: this is the first time in a while that they've introduced a new feature with as many potential variables as camouflage or armor/penetration.

As to your damage remark, if a shell penetrates it will deal its average damage, or somewhere else between minimum and maximum rolls. (Regarding the text in your original post: a penetrating HE shell, like any other type, will never deal less than it's minimum roll.) If it deals token damage, it was a non-penetrating hit. Still enough to damage with HE, in most cases.

For your post battle results:

A penetrating hit will be regarded as a penetration.

A hit that fails to penetrate but still deals damage as a result of shell explosion is regarded as a penetration.

A shot that misses the target but still deals damage as a result of shell explosion is regarded as a splash.

Does that answer your question?

Weslinator #11 Posted May 11 2017 - 01:20

Captain

• Players
  • 8525 battles
A glitch??

5tgb #12 Posted May 16 2017 - 18:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30792 battles

Check the splash radius of the shells being fired by the Bison.  It will tell you the maximum distance at which 'stun' may happen, but from there it seems to be factored by RNG, though I cannot concretely confirm this.  Stun duration is another factor that may be impacted by RNG, though it does scale with shell caliber.

What I am unsure of are the penetrating hits that I sometimes get with my arty that also stun, while others don't stun... go figure.  (Or, can someone explain those?)

Sokolniki #13 Posted May 19 2017 - 13:08

Major

• Players
  • 14369 battles

View PostSirLagsalot, on May 05 2017 - 07:52, said:

150mm gun

Qualifies for stun ability

Upon splash:

Sometimes stuns

Sometimes does not stun

Upon penetration:

Sometimes deals full damage & stuns

Sometimes deals full damage & does not stun

Sometimes does not deal full damage & stuns

Sometimes does not deal full damage & does not stun

Can somebody please explain this to me?

You are going to have to post a replay.  Every shell should stun any enemy tank that ends up within its splash radius for the appointed "Minimum Stun Duration" (4.29s in the case of the Bison), regardless of whether it did damage (HP or module) or not.

Also tagged with bison, bugs, issues, arty, artillery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users