Jump to content


Looking for a current Esports player(s)!


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

dka13 #1 Posted May 05 2017 - 15:12

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19193 battles
  • 30
  • [5D] 5D
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012
Hello there. I'm looking into trying to get into world of tanks Esports in the future. What I'm wondering is what should I do to help myself towards that goal? Obviously first I need to get many more tanks, and play lots more WOT and Faceit tourney's. Any tips and advise would be very helpful! Thanks!

Urdr #2 Posted May 05 2017 - 15:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 41410 battles
  • 3,625
  • Member since:
    12-07-2012

PM sent

:)



LemmingRush #3 Posted May 05 2017 - 16:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 15191 battles
  • 2,704
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    04-17-2014

helps if you can get into a clan with a lot of esports players, get to know them and then talk to them about joining the team that they're on. Clan wars are a good simulation, if you hate playing with players that rage, and they rage hard consistently in clan wars you can guarantee theyll do it in silver/gold league

 

It gives you the chance to sorta eval the team you want to join, before applying.



dka13 #4 Posted May 05 2017 - 18:19

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19193 battles
  • 30
  • [5D] 5D
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View PostLemmingRush, on May 05 2017 - 15:28, said:

helps if you can get into a clan with a lot of esports players, get to know them and then talk to them about joining the team that they're on. Clan wars are a good simulation, if you hate playing with players that rage, and they rage hard consistently in clan wars you can guarantee theyll do it in silver/gold league

 

It gives you the chance to sorta eval the team you want to join, before applying.

 

do you know of some Esports clans?

VoteKickHacks #5 Posted May 05 2017 - 20:32

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 9190 battles
  • 341
  • [LOAD] LOAD
  • Member since:
    02-13-2013

View Postdka13, on May 05 2017 - 11:19, said:

 

do you know of some Esports clans?

 

5D3




;3

dka13 #6 Posted May 05 2017 - 21:28

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19193 battles
  • 30
  • [5D] 5D
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View PostUrdr, on May 05 2017 - 14:31, said:

PM sent

:)

 

where? and what about?

Weezie61 #7 Posted May 06 2017 - 05:35

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 9970 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011

Good Esports clans:

 

Mahou

112A_D

Vilin

Otter

G

Bulba

 

so u need to be like 3.5k recent to get into those clans... They don't really just let people in.



TheLoveHitman #8 Posted May 06 2017 - 06:18

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12088 battles
  • 783
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    06-04-2012

View PostWeezie61, on May 05 2017 - 21:35, said:

Good Esports clans:

 

Mahou

112A_D

Vilin

Otter

G

Bulba

 

so u need to be like 3.5k recent to get into those clans... They don't really just let people in.

 

11ad is a bad clan, especially if you want to get into esports. Otter is just d1. Most of those clans are roughly 3.2k recents to get in excluding bulba. You don't need to be in a top clan to get into esports. Its best to work your way up until you are good enough to join the better clans. 2300 recents is enough to join some bottom of the league silver teams. It's best to start somewhere though so I'd recommend starting wherever you can.

dka13 #9 Posted May 07 2017 - 13:01

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19193 battles
  • 30
  • [5D] 5D
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012
ugh:/ i can do 2500 wn8 but 3k?? is there some secret to doing 3k wn8 that i just dont know??

Edited by dka13, May 07 2017 - 13:07.


TheLoveHitman #10 Posted May 07 2017 - 13:47

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12088 battles
  • 783
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    06-04-2012

I think took me 10k games to learn to play above 2.8k. Treat the game like chess, team compositions tell you a great deal of information. Use that to position youself well and farm the damage. Much easier said than done, but the best players in this game you will find rarely put themselves into a position where they get rolled.

 

Stats aren't everything in competitive, I've seen people with 4K recents play like monkeys and I've seen people at 2.5k that I think are insane. Wn8 is a bechmark for teams to look at, but it rarely is an autodeny stat. You should start small, bottom tier silver team, middle of the pack clan. Just try to learn positioning and how better players play and learn from them. Who knows where you could end up in a  year or so from now :)



dka13 #11 Posted May 07 2017 - 14:17

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19193 battles
  • 30
  • [5D] 5D
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

View PostTheLoveHitman, on May 07 2017 - 12:47, said:

I think took me 10k games to learn to play above 2.8k. Treat the game like chess, team compositions tell you a great deal of information. Use that to position youself well and farm the damage. Much easier said than done, but the best players in this game you will find rarely put themselves into a position where they get rolled.

 

Stats aren't everything in competitive, I've seen people with 4K recents play like monkeys and I've seen people at 2.5k that I think are insane. Wn8 is a bechmark for teams to look at, but it rarely is an autodeny stat. You should start small, bottom tier silver team, middle of the pack clan. Just try to learn positioning and how better players play and learn from them. Who knows where you could end up in a  year or so from now :)

 

would you mind platooning sometime and teaching me some better positioning? i have tier 10's lol

MountainGoatNoName #12 Posted May 25 2017 - 06:37

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9736 battles
  • 595
  • [ATKRE] ATKRE
  • Member since:
    03-10-2017

If you can boost on many maps easily like wgl final players, you can join many teams. 

Focus fire and situational awareness are hard to train when you are alone.Not mention tactics.

 

WN8 is not important when it comes to esports. The only thing wn8 can do is like a good college degree to help u get big company job interview.

Only climbing can prove new player individual skill effectively now.

 

 


Edited by MountainGoatNoName, May 25 2017 - 12:31.


NoReasonNoProblem #13 Posted May 27 2017 - 11:40

    Staff sergeant

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 24764 battles
  • 342
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    10-24-2010

I recommend you start in Silver League if you want to begin your journey of becoming an esports legend. Its rare for someone to get into Gold League with no experience but if it does happen they have connections with people who are on gold league teams. 

 

Gold league is not about stats, but having really high stats helps you stand out from the crowd. There have been people with super high recents play in gold league but have had no idea how to play in an organized setting.

 

What makes a good gold league player are players who have really good intuition. Its all about understanding whats going on and predicting what will happen. How to read the enemy and react accordingly. Not losing HP unnecessarily and punishing the enemy when they make mistakes. However this all comes with experience, but how fast you learn all depends on you.

 

I really recommend watching top teams play, then try to break down their strategies and see how they positioned themselves on the map.

 

Anyways Good Luck! o7


Edited by JoJoJacKy____________hi, May 27 2017 - 11:41.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users