Jump to content


Using 'Improved' Equipment on Low-Tier Tanks


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Chronus1326 #1 Posted May 09 2017 - 14:49

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 894 battles
  • 93
  • [PNTRS] PNTRS
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013
I'm concerned about the new rewards for Ranked Battles and the impact they will have on low-tier random battles in the following scenario:  A player with 1 or more tier X tanks enters ranked battles and does fairly decent, and at the end of the season he gets his improved equipment.  He mounts his Improved vents, improved Optics, and improved rammer on Pz. T15, and assigns a directive if he likes.  Now he enters a tier 3 battle with the absolute best tank ever seen at tier 3.  I'm not sure that sounds fair & balanced when playing against players who haven't achieved their first tier X yet.

YANKEE137 #2 Posted May 09 2017 - 14:55

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6345 battles
  • 1,508
  • [A_F_1] A_F_1
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015
The whole thing has the potential to cause havoc, It's hard enough to be new without facing unstoppable seal clubbers. Keep all that goofy stuff locked into the ranked battles world and out of randoms.

Harkonen_siegetank #3 Posted May 09 2017 - 14:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 27963 battles
  • 5,441
  • [_LOL_] _LOL_
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
Two words, diminishing returns.

Grasschopper #4 Posted May 09 2017 - 14:58

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 34584 battles
  • 4,262
  • Member since:
    08-24-2014

Your concern is valid at most any tier really.  The fact that good and very good players will be able to go to the Ranked Battles and come out with these items that they can run in regular randoms and Clan Wars against people that do not have the skill to earn them is a real balance breaker.  Kinda points to WG making the Bonds purchasable for gold or $$$ at some point.

 

As an above average to very good player I personally wouldn't waste my special equipment on a low tier tank and I suspect other players would feel the same.  I'm going to be mounting it on my favorite tier 10s to make them better and give me an advantage there.  The people that seal club in tier 3-5 won't be the same people that do well in ranked battles.



MacDaddyMatty #5 Posted May 09 2017 - 15:07

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 17778 battles
  • 3,551
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    10-07-2016
#NoToBonds

Gurgar #6 Posted May 09 2017 - 15:08

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27374 battles
  • 197
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostGrasschopper, on May 09 2017 - 14:58, said:

Your concern is valid at most any tier really.  The fact that good and very good players will be able to go to the Ranked Battles and come out with these items that they can run in regular randoms and Clan Wars against people that do not have the skill to earn them is a real balance breaker.  Kinda points to WG making the Bonds purchasable for gold or $$$ at some point.

 

As an above average to very good player I personally wouldn't waste my special equipment on a low tier tank and I suspect other players would feel the same.  I'm going to be mounting it on my favorite tier 10s to make them better and give me an advantage there.  The people that seal club in tier 3-5 won't be the same people that do well in ranked battles.

 

Agree. While it is possible for people to do this, that percentage would be really, low. Bored people do crazy stuff but I wouldn't think that this would be "disaster" or"The Sky is Falling" like some of the people posting the forums seem to think. Most of the post grief is coming from people that have little or no chance at these bonds anyways. I suspect it is more of " Since I can't do it, you shouldn't be able to either" mentality.

KaiserMartens #7 Posted May 09 2017 - 15:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 25590 battles
  • 2,160
  • [GSH] GSH
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011
i would rather see more maps

CapPhrases #8 Posted May 09 2017 - 15:28

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6327 battles
  • 1,957
  • [TXV] TXV
  • Member since:
    03-28-2015

View PostGurgar, on May 09 2017 - 09:08, said:

 

Agree. While it is possible for people to do this, that percentage would be really, low. Bored people do crazy stuff but I wouldn't think that this would be "disaster" or"The Sky is Falling" like some of the people posting the forums seem to think. Most of the post grief is coming from people that have little or no chance at these bonds anyways. I suspect it is more of " Since I can't do it, you shouldn't be able to either" mentality.

 

i can't play ranked battles simply because i don't own a tier X. that's fine with me, give the players who reach that tier some end game fun. other MMO's have ranked battles for rewards and it's fine. however the problem is that those games use cosmetic rewards instead of buff rewards. as is these improved equipments have the chance to run off newer players since there are people who can get these bonds that run tier 5 tanks they love when they want a change of pace. this could easily lead to cancer in the lower tiers and that's really my problem with it as is.

Andy_101 #9 Posted May 09 2017 - 15:33

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9243 battles
  • 111
  • Member since:
    04-25-2013
in before T67 bonded up...

GeorgePreddy #10 Posted May 09 2017 - 15:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 14291 battles
  • 6,338
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View PostGrasschopper, on May 09 2017 - 10:58, said:

  Kinda points to WG making the Bonds purchasable for gold or $$$ at some point.  

 

  The people that seal club in tier 3-5 won't be the same people that do well in ranked battles.   

 

Or... you're living in a dream world.

YANKEE137 #11 Posted May 09 2017 - 15:42

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6345 battles
  • 1,508
  • [A_F_1] A_F_1
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

View PostKaiserMartens, on May 09 2017 - 15:21, said:

i would rather see more maps

 

Amen!  I read Armored Patrol and see that in interviews the Wargaming Bigs are asked this constantly and they just dismiss it. They give one line answers like : " not now",  "we're using our resources on other projects". 

They're re-working World of Warplanes.  trying to save World of Warships,  and floating several other projects while the one successful game they have is left to fend for itself. Bad strategy if you ask me.  Soviet style central planning.



Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #12 Posted May 09 2017 - 15:49

    Captain

  • Players
  • 65096 battles
  • 1,765
  • Member since:
    02-11-2012

View PostAndy_101, on May 09 2017 - 09:33, said:

in before T67 bonded up...

 

but but I wanna

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #13 Posted May 09 2017 - 15:59

    Captain

  • Players
  • 65096 battles
  • 1,765
  • Member since:
    02-11-2012
I really like the idea of being able to further buff some of my favorite tanks. Better view range in my lights, and better cammo in my Roomba. I have to admit though, it does kind of create an unfair advantage and may make OP players even more OP.

BeastsOfBattle #14 Posted May 09 2017 - 16:05

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8757 battles
  • 351
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    12-08-2016
As a new player I can't see it improving the game experience for guys like me, it could be negative. 

GeorgePreddy #15 Posted May 09 2017 - 17:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 14291 battles
  • 6,338
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View PostLesser_Spotted_Panzer, on May 09 2017 - 11:59, said:

I really like the idea of being able to further buff some of my favorite tanks. Better view range in my lights, and better cammo in my Roomba. I have to admit though, it does kind of create an unfair advantage and  may  will certainly make OP players even more OP.

 



Dracheherr #16 Posted May 09 2017 - 17:12

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 32649 battles
  • 343
  • [CRTBL] CRTBL
  • Member since:
    04-23-2012
I concur. This is a very BAD idea.

jjjwar #17 Posted May 09 2017 - 17:23

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 18652 battles
  • 178
  • Member since:
    12-13-2014

I also agree it is bad idea. I already know of two good players who are planning to do just that. Outfit lower tier tanks with the improved equipment and go seal clubbing. They both see it as a way to get really high stats. When I questioned them on if they thought it was fair the response was only good players should get all the goodies and play the game. They seem to think it will also drive bad players away but cannot seem to understand it could kill the game.

 

I am sure there are other players out there planning to do the same thing. Outfit a lower tier tank and go red player bashing.


 

In short bonds and improved equipment will be bad for the game. If they keep the improved equipment at tier 10 well I could live with that.



QWERTYEel89 #18 Posted May 09 2017 - 17:57

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22111 battles
  • 617
  • Member since:
    02-05-2011
At first I seen it as an opportunity to expand one's potential. However from closer inspection I am concerned as to how the rewards from this shall be used. Currently it is only for tier X which mean only the most dedicated (or financially stable)players will have an chance of joining this new mode. I do see people taking their exploits and bringing them down to lower tiers to further abuse inexperienced players for the sake of win rate or WN8. Also tier X is rather expensive and to bail out credits constantly for bonds to buy enhanced equipment and consumables mostly to take advantage of other in random battles makes me worried about the fate of newer players. I guess we can say a good solution is to keep things a 1 tier spread and allow ranked battles to start at tier 5 or 6, to include less fortunate players and give them an alternate means of gaining experience as opposed to tables scraps in a losing battle in random but who knows what havoc that may wreak on queues.

jjjwar #19 Posted May 09 2017 - 18:13

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 18652 battles
  • 178
  • Member since:
    12-13-2014

View PostQWERTYEel89, on May 09 2017 - 11:57, said:

At first I seen it as an opportunity to expand one's potential. However from closer inspection I am concerned as to how the rewards from this shall be used. Currently it is only for tier X which mean only the most dedicated (or financially stable)players will have an chance of joining this new mode. I do see people taking their exploits and bringing them down to lower tiers to further abuse inexperienced players for the sake of win rate or WN8. Also tier X is rather expensive and to bail out credits constantly for bonds to buy enhanced equipment and consumables mostly to take advantage of other in random battles makes me worried about the fate of newer players. I guess we can say a good solution is to keep things a 1 tier spread and allow ranked battles to start at tier 5 or 6, to include less fortunate players and give them an alternate means of gaining experience as opposed to tables scraps in a losing battle in random but who knows what havoc that may wreak on queues.

 

 

The part about Tier 10 being expensive to play is something I never thought about. I could see players outfitting lower tier tanks , say tier 6 to 8, possibly even lower tiers and playing there, seal clubbing not with only the hope of improving stats but to make a bunch of credits as well so they can afford to play tier 10 ranked battles and tier 10 random battles. This would come at the expensive of players who have not reached tier 10 or have no interest in playing ranked battles or the time to do so.

In short this would mean ranked battles would be like a burden and punishment for the players who do not play it as they would be preyed on. Seems like a good way to make the player base smaller to me and that is the wrong direction they need to be going.

 

 

Now do not get me wrong it is a good thing to expand ones potential but not at the expense of some of the player base.


Edited by jjjwar, May 09 2017 - 18:15.


QWERTYEel89 #20 Posted May 09 2017 - 18:35

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22111 battles
  • 617
  • Member since:
    02-05-2011

View Postjjjwar, on May 09 2017 - 12:13, said:

 

 

The part about Tier 10 being expensive to play is something I never thought about. I could see players outfitting lower tier tanks , say tier 6 to 8, possibly even lower tiers and playing there, seal clubbing not with only the hope of improving stats but to make a bunch of credits as well so they can afford to play tier 10 ranked battles and tier 10 random battles. This would come at the expensive of players who have not reached tier 10 or have no interest in playing ranked battles or the time to do so.

In short this would mean ranked battles would be like a burden and punishment for the players who do not play it as they would be preyed on. Seems like a good way to make the player base smaller to me and that is the wrong direction they need to be going.

 

 

Now do not get me wrong it is a good thing to expand ones potential but not at the expense of some of the player base.

 

​I've actually looked at things differently. Up until literally this year I never ran food and hardly ran large repair kits. Since I've pretty much got Lowe gameplay down pat I can really balance gold use and premium tanks to keep from going broke. Sadly not everyone is at my level. A big thing that stunts gaming communities I feel are the total disdain for less proficient players. The includes less experienced ones as well. The rare times in which WG listens to the player base it is most often the top 2 percentile. Not saying their words have no value but I suspect it means WG focuses on the skill level and opinion of that group for buffs and nerves. And when it really becomes an issue they just whack whatever seems to be the problem, without much consideration as to how delicately they should've handles things. Despite me being an above average player I still get the pms full of insults about how I'm either cheating or still a [edited]ter. I also remember how often I got insults and even death threats from other players who were slightly or vastly better than me at the time. WOT was pretty basic at that time but with all the changes I am worried that that coupled with this new mode will render any potential player who is inexperienced entirely impotent. Thing I like about wot is how vulnerable every player is at any different time. You can really turn the tide with just some good old knowledge or terrain advantage. Think of the mentioning of the "weather gauge" from the movie "Master and Commander." I'm digressing quite a bit but I do think there is relevance towards how this game has failed and succeeded with respect towards toxic behavior. A skill based MM would definitely help. But I suspect most wont be pleased unless it mirrors the famed xvm.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users