Frontline Guide: Grand Canyon and Sunny Valley

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ThereIsNoCloud #1 Posted May 10 2017 - 21:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10180 battles
Well, will tell you once I am able to log in.  30x30 on a 1.4km2 map... that will be cramped! ;)

CapPhrases #2 Posted May 10 2017 - 21:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5789 battles
  • [TXV] TXV
bring back pictures of your trip!

Quemapueblos #3 Posted May 10 2017 - 22:00

Associate Producer

• Administrator
  • 8464 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

Anyone can apply if you want to play on sandbox!

Here is the latest news if you don't know what going on in the latest iteration: sandbox.worldoftanks.com/en/news/frontline-guide-grand-canyon-and-sunny-valley/ 

Kajegamar #4 Posted May 12 2017 - 00:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 37124 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
Noticed some changes right away, the new smaller maps, seem to be fought 30v30 without respawning.  Not as I expected.  No repair stations either. Game was good, will get better as the players get used to the maps.  Noticed the vehicles no longer have three perk crews, merely 100% crews with the beginning of a perk; that was annoying as I am definitely not used to noob crews on my tier 10's.  I am initially, not as impressed with the smaller map battles as I was with the larger map battles.  Really enjoyed the big map.  I see the arty is able to have their hitlog keep up, as opposed to no knowledge of accumulated score for arty in previous iteration. was surprised that the arty 3d view not available.  I will post more as I play it more. 

Edited by Kajegamar, May 12 2017 - 00:29.

Priest070 #5 Posted May 12 2017 - 22:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 20504 battles
  • [PINUP] PINUP

I really enjoyed it, the maps are smaller; however, larger than are on regular maps still really changes the game play in a positive way, IMO.  Silly, I was expecting the response and repair stations, but this helped the gameplay. Made it much more serous. Out of the 4?matches I played twice it was down to 4 various tracks for all the marbles. Having that much room to rhome made it had to guess where they would come from. I really loved that. Also range became a friend and added a level of realism. Enjoyed it, will play some more.

cheers!

84Doc04 #6 Posted May 13 2017 - 13:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13986 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D

View PostKajegamar, on May 11 2017 - 18:22, said:

Noticed some changes right away, the new smaller maps, seem to be fought 30v30 without respawning.  Not as I expected.  No repair stations either. Game was good, will get better as the players get used to the maps.  Noticed the vehicles no longer have three perk crews, merely 100% crews with the beginning of a perk; that was annoying as I am definitely not used to noob crews on my tier 10's.  I am initially, not as impressed with the smaller map battles as I was with the larger map battles.  Really enjoyed the big map.  I see the arty is able to have their hitlog keep up, as opposed to no knowledge of accumulated score for arty in previous iteration. was surprised that the arty 3d view not available.  I will post more as I play it more. 

They give you 100 Million free XP.  I put 6 perks on all crews for my 7 favorite tanks.

84Doc04 #7 Posted May 13 2017 - 13:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13986 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D

Played a bunch of matches yesterday.  Love the Sunny Valley map, only got Canyon once, and was kind of Meh.  Felt like the ultimate corridor meta, and for TD's there were very few places to set up for decent lines of fire.

30 v 30 on the bigger map, straight up like a regular pub was fantastic! My only issue of not was frequently running out of ammo.

It took me a minute to realize they gave us 100 Million free XP for crew skills.  That was awesome!  Picked my favorite 6 or 7 and buffed the hell out of them.

Boo on gold for prem ammo or big consumables.  We're supposed to be testing this as if it were live, and in the live game, I run a LOT of premium consumables.  Gold ammo, I can work around, but I want my big repair kits.

Noted there was already some mountain goating happening, that was Fantastic!  I seriously hope they loosen the restrictions on the non-conventional areas of the maps and allow for more creative play.  

Maps need WAYYY more cover.  On a map that size it was very difficult to find protected places to engage from, and with it being soooo open in the middle, I think it will turn the mode into a giant Kemp und Snipe festival.

Other than that, I'm impressed.  It's much easier to get a feel for than the Frontline, doesn't have gimicky objectives like capture the pillbox, and I prefer no respawn.  (Though Ammo resupply would be very handy.  Especially on the tanks with small magazine sizes.)

LpBronco #8 Posted May 13 2017 - 14:04

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 33769 battles
  • [TG] TG

View Post84Doc04, on May 13 2017 - 07:43, said:

They give you 100 Million free XP.  I put 6 perks on all crews for my 7 favorite tanks.

I did it for five to start as I thought we were still looking at respawns.

Map (Valley) is clearly labeled under development and the 1.4m(square root of two squared is a 2 sq kilometer map) gives enough room to maneuver and doesn't feel like it's restricted to corridors but there isn't a lot of features on the maps yet either. Curious about loadouts on the vehicles and how that will come into play with larger teams but I may have preferred this to the respawn Frontline, but I like both.

LpBronco #9 Posted May 13 2017 - 14:05

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 33769 battles
  • [TG] TG

View PostQuemapueblos, on May 10 2017 - 16:00, said:

Anyone who can see this has already been accepted to the sandbox. These notices need to be hosted on the game launcher and in the general forums.

DeadlyBananaDog #10 Posted May 14 2017 - 16:30

Private

• Players
  • 14152 battles
  • [FYYFF] FYYFF
Not too impressed so far. Almost all of the 10 or so 30v30 battles I've participated in so far have become blowouts. Seems like as soon as one team has about a four tank advantage, the outcome is predetermined.

Slaynar1 #11 Posted May 14 2017 - 17:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 22455 battles
  • [JEDI] JEDI

View PostKajegamar, on May 11 2017 - 23:22, said:

It was pointed out to me that you can actually use you "free xp" to pick and pay for the skills you want. Click on the crew member go to skills and there is a tab to pay Free xp for the skill!! It really helps out!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users