T21, T71, and T49 are great tanks but....

t21 t71 t49 chaffee bulldog american light tanks patch 9.18 t37 m7 m5 stuart

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

JEDIDIEUGH #1 Posted May 11 2017 - 02:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13174 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO
The T21 and T71 are really balanced imo, but I feel like WG messed up with the T37, Bulldog, Chaffee, and Sheridan. I also feel like they should have buffed the horrendous M5 Stuart for new players to get accustomed to ( but in reality who cares? No one is ever gonna touch that piece of trash unless they want to pad their stats). The T21 and T71 both got some minor nerfs, but in essentially going down a tier, the nerfs were not very significant and still perform very well respectively. The T49 was able to get a more competitive gun while basically seeing the kind of tanks its used to seeing. However WG managed to nerf some of these tanks, some very good (arguably) 1 a former meh medium. Let's start with the M41 Walker Bulldog. Is it necessary to move it up a tier (effectively staying at the same tier) and nerfing its dpm? I mean yeah the 10 round clips were ridiculous, but to remove 4 shells and remove only 2 seconds off the reload time is a major nerf. And then there is the Sheridan which was nerfed undoubtedly due to Russian bias. Light tanks are meant to spot (nerfed) ,but they are also there as a support role (also nerfed as far as the gun is concerned).THEY HAD THE TIER 10 LIGHT TANKS SPOT ON BEFORE THE COMPLAINTS CAUSED WG TO CHANGE COURSE.The T37 and the Chaffee both suffered the same fate as the Bulldog while the M7 was changed to light tank and then nerfed to oblivion. That's all I have to say.

Edited by xXJed_FinnXx, May 11 2017 - 03:03.

Rin_ #2 Posted May 11 2017 - 02:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 17695 battles
  • [R-7] R-7
Lots of people complained about Yuno, but at least he chose a font similar to the default that didn't cause brain haemorrhages.

Hurk #3 Posted May 11 2017 - 02:54

Major

• Players
  • 47009 battles
  • [KGR] KGR
whats wrong with normal fonts ? 

nasfan #4 Posted May 11 2017 - 02:58

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 20875 battles
  • [5160] 5160
That font on a cell phone...hurts. Never made it past the third sentence.  

Edited by nasfan, May 11 2017 - 02:59.

JEDIDIEUGH #5 Posted May 11 2017 - 03:00

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13174 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO
Unless you're on mobile the font is fine but I'll change it to please your needs.

Firemoth #6 Posted May 11 2017 - 03:04

Major

• Players
  • 35551 battles

View PostxXJed_FinnXx, on May 11 2017 - 11:50, said:

Let's start with the M41 Walker Bulldog. Is it necessary to move it up a tier (effectively staying at the same tier) and nerfing its dpm? I mean yeah the 10 round clips were ridiculous, but to remove 4 shells and remove only 2 seconds off the reload time is a major nerf.

did you know that the single shot gun on the bulldog has the best DPM of all the nonprem T8 LTs?

Edited by Firemoth, May 11 2017 - 03:06.

JEDIDIEUGH #7 Posted May 11 2017 - 03:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13174 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO

View PostFiremoth, on May 10 2017 - 18:04, said:

did you know that the single shot gun on the bulldog has the best DPM of all the nonprem LTs?

No one wants to use the single shot gun.

WolfvonDoom #8 Posted May 11 2017 - 03:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16910 battles
Every one who wants one already has the French and US auto loading lights. This nerf is to convince you to spend time and money on the new "op" line of some kind

ThePigSheFlies #9 Posted May 11 2017 - 04:43

Major

• Players
  • 59077 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostFiremoth, on May 10 2017 - 21:04, said:

did you know that the single shot gun on the bulldog has the best DPM of all the nonprem T8 LTs?

did you know that the single shot gun always had better dpm than the auto loader on the bulldog, but the burst damage made it worth using in the past?  further, with an auto loader, one would benefit from improving all skills via optics+vents+vstab which allowed for a good mixture of spotting/vision control through skill boosting+camo boosting, but also the ability to control vision by counter scouting?

as a tier 7, my bulldog's view range was 484m on the move...

as a tier 8 now, the view range was nerfed, as well as the single shot gun is of course the better choice NOW, but the joy of playing the tank is completely gone.  if I wanted to play a fast zoom zoom, spammy dpm style tank the cromwell b is a better choice, more profitable, cheaper to repair and just as zoom-zoomy.

I would possibly feel different about it, if the bulldog ever saw non-funnel or non-city maps, where it could use some mobility and ridge lines to spot+harass.  at tier 8, with the changes to the gun, and no burst damage to apply it's just 'meh'.  the pay-to-win m41 90 gf is a better choice by FAR.

View PostWolfvonDoom, on May 10 2017 - 21:27, said:

Every one who wants one already has the French and US auto loading lights. This nerf is to convince you to spend time and money on the new "op" line of some kind

guess you have to define want.  I wouldn't mind having the two grand finals light tanks, but I did not want either of them bad enough to pay for them with real world $$$ when wargaming continues to offer crap maps in the rotation, and every new map we have seen in the past 2 years has been a continuation of crap maps.  I don't have either, and only briefly played the rental black dog (without equipment).

cash only premium tanks, new 'op lines' and such coupled with stagnant map designs actually make me not want to spend time and money on this game, but instead look for other options for entertainment.

TheGipper22 #10 Posted May 11 2017 - 04:57

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 24105 battles
  • I
  • bullet points

As well as short, easy to read paragraphs. While shorter sentences are often optimal, I can handle longer sentences with dependent clauses, parenthetical asides, and contrasting ideas compared.

But please, not one long paragraph covering multiple subjects.

I_QQ_4_U #11 Posted May 11 2017 - 05:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14644 battles
I'm really liking the T37, a lot more than the T21 which was actually better after the patch.

SlushyKat_Gaming #12 Posted May 11 2017 - 06:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 331 battles
M5 Stuart is god awful! I wish WG would do something about it!

leeuniverse #13 Posted May 12 2017 - 00:04

Major

• Players
  • 29149 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

My problems with the Sheridan are:

1. Bloom is still royal POS.....  Really tired of being in a T10 tank, and still often miss when 5 feet from a tank auto-aimed.  I mean seriously Wargaming.

The gun averages like 250-350 per shot, and only derps 700+ like 1 in 6-10 shots or something, and you think that sort of crap is acceptable for a T10 tank that misses so badly, and the only reason you don't miss more is you massively have to be careful with the tank?

I mean, why's it okay for tanks to do 700+ every shot, yet they don't get such bad bloom?

I mean, I get why a derp like the gun on these tanks should have worse bloom, but it has ALWAYS been FAR too much!

The Bloom should be cut on the T49 and Sheridan like by at least 1/3....

2. Stupid Physics introduced one year ago.....  massively screwed up lights.

You see, you have a tank like the Sheridan, you want better "maneuverability" as a T10 tank, however, because of the stupid physics, it causes the tank to be UNCONTROLLABLE!  Remove the Physics from light tanks, only keeping the handbrake turn.  This will increase the speeds of the tanks like they need anyway, way too slow tanks are now, especially given Arty is more accurate.  You can't increase Arty Accuracy and not increase tank speeds.

3. Needs it's "low-end" speed Increase, aka Power/Acceleration.

It's friggen as fast as mediums.  I mean please.  This is really a problem for all lights.  They all need low-end power increases.

4. Want to climb with my Sheridan.

5. Remove nerfs to accuracy done to apparently all tanks of the game in the last year.  T49 and now Sheridan were really screwed by this.

T49 was plenty inaccurate before for it's gun.

Honorable Mention:

You see my Winrate below....  I've been playing mostly the T49 and the Sheridan.

Not sure how my my Winrate in the T49 went down after .18, wasn't great anyway before because of the tank it is and I don't platoon.

But holy ship!  My Winrate in the Sheridan is 49% because of the crap issues I mention above.

You can't put a tank like this at T10 with the above crap issues where every tank is highly responsive and it be FAIR to those of us who play the Sheridan.

commander42 #14 Posted May 12 2017 - 00:30

Major

• Players
  • 21834 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

haven't unlocked the Sheridan yet, havent played the chaffee since the patch, and never unlocked the t71(although I guess now I have it unlocked but I haven't bought and tried it), I have only played a few games in the bulldog and t37 since the patch out of frustration, I have played a few more games in the t49 since I'm still grinding that one.

The view range nerfs were one of the dumbest things WG has done.  It was dumb across the board not only in regards to a few vehicles.  An example is  I have my 3 skill female crew in my t37 and with optics doesn't even reach the spotting cap anymore. The bulldog was never as much of a pure scout as the t37 and the shrinking of the clip size was understandable but to not compensate it back some reload time on it was also unfair.

Rin_ #15 Posted May 12 2017 - 01:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 17695 battles
  • [R-7] R-7

View Postleeuniverse, on May 12 2017 - 00:04, said:

But holy ship!  My Winrate in the Sheridan is 49% because of the crap issues I can't play the game mention above.

GDogzz #16 Posted May 12 2017 - 01:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32665 battles
  • [NOVA_] NOVA_
I'll always be sad about the Chaffee.  It was a great tourney tank and fun to play.  RIP

leeuniverse #17 Posted May 13 2017 - 02:33

Major

• Players
  • 29149 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

BTW.....  The T71 is finally good again after the Physics nerfs of the last year and speeds and accuracy nerfs of the last year.

However, the tank is "slower".  Again, they likely did that so as to make the tank more controllable again because the crap physics made it not be.

Still not as controllable as before, but it feels better at least.  Again, they need to remove the physics, they can't make a tank highly maneuverable without causing it to lose control.

leeuniverse #18 Posted May 13 2017 - 02:35

Major

• Players
  • 29149 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostRin_, on May 11 2017 - 17:18, said:

But holy ship!  My Winrate in the Sheridan is 49% because of the crap issues I can't play the game mention above.

And here we have a person who doesn't comprehend that in general light tanks have worse Winrates in the population because they are much harder to play in "survivability", which in turn means you LOSE MORE, but especially a Light tank that has a 7-8 Sec. Actual Aim-Time (longer than arty, arty has like 4 sec at T10), worst accuracy of game (again Arty better now), a 18 sec. reload for a tank that only does 250-350 average per shot, etc.

There is a reason the best players play Mediums the most, because they allow them win more.

Further, I do well enough for a tank like that, with 1650 Damage Average per game so far.

Not bad for a tank with the crap stats of above.....  Just imagine what I can do if I had a good tank, which I don't yet.

I actually know, because I've played them on the Test Server, and oh man, I love some of the T9-10 mediums.

And FYI, I play very well with "responsive" tanks, so it's not just my Test Server play that i know how good I actually am with good tanks.

See my play in AW.....  This is exactly how I played every night for some 3 months when we could get games most nights for 2-3 hours.

And no, I wasn't playing some "op" tank, because you can see plenty of players playing them bad.

This is how I play when I'm not forced to play SHIP like with most WOT tanks are......  I work best with a Straight Pool Cue, or a Bicycle that doesn't have two flat tires and bent rims which is what playing WOT's tanks are like.  Sure, you Unicorns are fine with crap, you can adapt better, but normal people need good tools to perform to their actual skill level.  So, imagine what my game performance would look like in WOT if I didn't have to play crap?

This link shows you how I play when I'm not forced to play with crap functioning tanks.

Does that look like I "suck"?  Nope!

One night of GLOP's play: http://imgur.com/a/qh9KC

So spare me your elitism.

Motok0 #19 Posted May 13 2017 - 02:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 11553 battles

View PostRin_, on May 10 2017 - 20:53, said:

Lots of people complained about Yuno, but at least he chose a font similar to the default that didn't cause brain haemorrhages.

lmbo 

Mudman24 #20 Posted May 13 2017 - 02:41

Major

• Players
  • 36292 battles
My Sheridan winrate is around 59%. I'm not sniping in the back like some others are though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users