• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

UnDeadDemon956 #41 Posted May 14 2017 - 01:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25506 battles
  • [BIBO] BIBO

View PostDogg_zilla, on May 13 2017 - 11:07, said:

So after $3000 in two years, I sadly have to say goodbye to WOT. 

What absolutely ruins this game is the complete lack of consistency. RNG is absolutely completely destroying the game and making it impossible to play many tanks. 

There are simply too many times when the tanks do not function properly. Shells flying off randomly, tanks disappearing while they are firing at you, and things of that nature. 

You cannot expect players to pay for something that is completely inconsistent AND WE HAVE GIVEN YOU YEARS TO FIX THESE PROBLEMS. 

I am now searching for a game which does not completely ignore the thousands of posts about inconsistency. RNG makes this game completely infuriating to play. 

Who in their right mind thinks players want a game which just randomly decides not to work properly AS A DESIGN FEATURE? 

I couldn't agree more, rng is completely [edited]broken and needs to be scaled waaaaaay the [edited]down. If you take the time to fully aim your shot on the weakspot of a tank you should hit the [edited]tank the shell shouldn't go sideways or to [edited]space either. Not to mention how broken the penetration is as well on rng you could have 200-300 pen and shoot the side of a grille or light tank and bounce/track for no damage. The shell has enough penetration to go through the entire tank. But no you "didn't even scratch them". I've even shot a skorpion g in the turret with HE on the O-I's 15 cm derp gun and did no damage at all 0.

leeuniverse #42 Posted May 14 2017 - 03:07

Major

• Players
  • 27500 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostSon_of_the_South, on May 13 2017 - 13:56, said:

​I feel like I am overspending and probably have not spent 500 dollars since I have been playing over the last 2 or 3 years. I only buy premium account and garage slots. I don't want to feel like I am paying to win so I limit it to the premium account and garage slots.

Ya, when I first was playing the game I seriously overspent.

I think the last $1,000 I've spent on the game took some 19K games to do so.  So, I definitely learned my lesson from the beginning period when I was trying to have a decent tank to compete.  Of course, I also ran out of money due to not working due to health issues, so I likely would have spent another $3,000 cause there were lines and tanks I wanted to get that I didn't want to grind/play crap to get them.  Heck, I likely will still do that eventually some when I get back to work here soon if things work out.

Aranai #43 Posted May 14 2017 - 11:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3829 battles
  • [FURST] FURST

View PostDogg_zilla, on May 13 2017 - 17:07, said:

So after $3000 in two years, I sadly have to say goodbye to WOT. 

What absolutely ruins this game is the complete lack of consistency. RNG is absolutely completely destroying the game and making it impossible to play many tanks. 

There are simply too many times when the tanks do not function properly. Shells flying off randomly, tanks disappearing while they are firing at you, and things of that nature. 

You cannot expect players to pay for something that is completely inconsistent AND WE HAVE GIVEN YOU YEARS TO FIX THESE PROBLEMS. 

I am now searching for a game which does not completely ignore the thousands of posts about inconsistency. RNG makes this game completely infuriating to play. 

Who in their right mind thinks players want a game which just randomly decides not to work properly AS A DESIGN FEATURE? 

The RNG is what actually keeps this game alive and fun. Without variation this game would be a drone fest. I'd rather just play counterstrike or Dark Souls if I want precision. If you take away the RNG you take away the variation and as a result you kill the game. Tanks in this era actually missed a huge majority of the shells they fired. Maybe instead of [edited]that you spent 3,000 dollars in a online game you might want to take a step back and realize you might just be [edited]e? GG WP.

ThereIsNoCloud #44 Posted May 14 2017 - 13:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10190 battles

View PostParty_Iike_an_Arty, on May 13 2017 - 11:14, said:

RNG has been here the entire time you've been playing, so I'm not sure why you spent $3,000 on a game that you don't enjoy in the first place.

It has been there, but is has been modified often.  The Dispersion RNG is the best example of WHAT NOT TO DO.  It was nerfed 3 times now in order or fix the 'too easy to pen' problem, instead of fixing the real problem with penetration value of PREMIUM rounds.

Macnasty182 #45 Posted May 14 2017 - 13:36

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17290 battles
  • [56TH] 56TH

View Postleeuniverse, on May 14 2017 - 03:07, said:

Ya, when I first was playing the game I seriously overspent.

I think the last $1,000 I've spent on the game took some 19K games to do so.  So, I definitely learned my lesson from the beginning period when I was trying to have a decent tank to compete.  Of course, I also ran out of money due to not working due to health issues, so I likely would have spent another $3,000 cause there were lines and tanks I wanted to get that I didn't want to grind/play crap to get them.  Heck, I likely will still do that eventually some when I get back to work here soon if things work out.

I hope ya get better my friend I know about health issues as well, good luck and god speed to you:)

UnDeadDemon956 #46 Posted May 14 2017 - 18:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25506 battles
  • [BIBO] BIBO

View PostAranai, on May 14 2017 - 05:18, said:

The RNG is what actually keeps this game alive and fun. Without variation this game would be a drone fest. I'd rather just play counterstrike or Dark Souls if I want precision. If you take away the RNG you take away the variation and as a result you kill the game. Tanks in this era actually missed a huge majority of the shells they fired. Maybe instead of [edited]that you spent 3,000 dollars in a online game you might want to take a step back and realize you might just be [edited]e? GG WP.

You must be the most moronic pos i've ever met to enjoy rng as a feature. This is hands down the WORST [edited]THING ABOUT THIS GAME. NEVER IN MY [edited]LIFE HAVE I PLAYED A COMPETITIVE SHOOTER THAT PUNISHES YOU FOR AIMING!!!!!

leeuniverse #47 Posted May 15 2017 - 00:30

Major

• Players
  • 27500 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostMacnasty182, on May 14 2017 - 05:36, said:

I hope ya get better my friend I know about health issues as well, good luck and god speed to you:)

Kind of you sir, thank you.  :)

Motok0 #48 Posted May 15 2017 - 12:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 9404 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

Armor is fundamentally broken because even tanks like the JPE 100 can bounce off T49s and other unarmored tanks even though you land at a reasonable angle for some stupid reason.

and yes +/- 25% RNG is too much and i have no idea why it exists.

damage RNG should be 10%, Armor pen can be higher, but not 25% - maybe a 15% swing. 

nuclearguy931 #49 Posted May 15 2017 - 13:02

Major

• Players
  • 67164 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostDogg_zilla, on May 13 2017 - 11:17, said:

Nope. Not only have I uninstalled, I just had someone block Wargaming on my credit card.

Seriously, who the [edited]wants to pay money for a game which routinely is unplayable?

Maybe now that you uninstalled and blocked out the game you could do the same with the forums.

When you asked this question: "Seriously, what the hell about this game attracts such a bunch of toxic asshats?" I hope you were looking in the mirror because you are making yourself out to being a big one.

UnDeadDemon956 #50 Posted May 15 2017 - 22:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25506 battles
  • [BIBO] BIBO
bump

uberdice #51 Posted May 15 2017 - 22:29

Major

• Players
  • 21644 battles

View PostDogg_zilla, on May 14 2017 - 02:39, said:

I am so sick of how immensely arrogant and dense this community is. Hands down the most ignorant and arrogant community Ive ever seen in gaming. 

Good luck wasting your money on this crap. Because I wont be doing the same anymore. 

> calls the community arrogant

> assumes the community cares what he has to say

Aranai #52 Posted May 16 2017 - 06:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3829 battles
  • [FURST] FURST

View PostUnDeadDemon956, on May 14 2017 - 18:36, said:

You must be the most moronic pos i've ever met to enjoy rng as a feature. This is hands down the WORST [edited]THING ABOUT THIS GAME. NEVER IN MY [edited]LIFE HAVE I PLAYED A COMPETITIVE SHOOTER THAT PUNISHES YOU FOR AIMING!!!!!

Then play a Tank Destroyer like the Grille 15 or a tank like the Leopard 1,
If you don't like the RNG you should have left in your first 100 games.
Take your complaining elsewhere, I've learned that now and so should you, especially after 25,000 games you've played.
I mean...you knew what you were playing when you played a thousand games and watched a couple videos, what made you suddenly hate RNG at 25,000 sodding games?
Ridiculous.

P.S: The game doesn't punish you for aiming, it punishes you for being garbage and you at 52.80% winrate should know that. Or have you learned nothing through your arrogance and overall garbage attitude?

Edited by Aranai, May 16 2017 - 06:13.

landedkiller #53 Posted May 16 2017 - 06:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6815 battles

View PostDogg_zilla, on May 13 2017 - 10:39, said:

I am so sick of how immensely arrogant and dense this community is. Hands down the most ignorant and arrogant community Ive ever seen in gaming. 

Good luck wasting your money on this crap. Because I wont be doing the same anymore. 

Maybe you should have gradually moved up the tiers just a thought. Have fun I guess I wouldn't ever put that much into a game anyway a month of prem is $12 something per month very easy to get by on that and a premium tank

UnDeadDemon956 #54 Posted May 16 2017 - 07:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25506 battles
  • [BIBO] BIBO

View PostAranai, on May 16 2017 - 00:11, said:

Then play a Tank Destroyer like the Grille 15 or a tank like the Leopard 1,
If you don't like the RNG you should have left in your first 100 games.
Take your complaining elsewhere, I've learned that now and so should you, especially after 25,000 games you've played.
I mean...you knew what you were playing when you played a thousand games and watched a couple videos, what made you suddenly hate RNG at 25,000 sodding games?
Ridiculous.

P.S: The game doesn't punish you for aiming, it punishes you for being garbage and you at 52.80% winrate should know that. Or have you learned nothing through your arrogance and overall garbage attitude?

Lol who the hell are you to talk down to me with your trash stats mr 46% wins and 3.8k battles. And you're a [edited]if you think i just realized that rng is crap at 25k games they have made it progressively worse over the years. Also i can complain all i want about the broken game mechanics because they're broken.

Edited by UnDeadDemon956, May 16 2017 - 07:05.

Aranai #55 Posted May 16 2017 - 09:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3829 battles
  • [FURST] FURST

View PostUnDeadDemon956, on May 16 2017 - 07:02, said:

Lol who the hell are you to talk down to me with your trash stats mr 46% wins and 3.8k battles. And you're a [edited]if you think i just realized that rng is crap at 25k games they have made it progressively worse over the years. Also i can complain all i want about the broken game mechanics because they're broken.

I am someone who can look at a game, accept it for what it is and if I cannot I leave the game. I left the game back in 2013 after playing a thousand games because I loved League of Legends more and wanted to play that more competitively along with my strategy games. I look at what Wargaming has done recently after following the game all this time and think they are going in the right direction, they just need to correct a few balancing mistakes and edit artillery and light tanks more and this game is fine. Sure we have imbalances, but every game does and the current frequent updates to the game are far better than when Wargaming went silent for a year or two.

If you are not happy with the game, leave it, take a break from it and come back to it in 9 months and see how it has changed. Nothing is wrong with that ideology sir.

As for throwing around "Who are you when you have XXXX games and XXXX winrate" that just shows how arrogant and narcissistic you are and how frankly pathetic of you it is. So? I am a less skilled player, it doesn't take Albert Einstein to look at a problem or a discussion and know what side is wrong or what side is right. The accuracy in this game is not bad at all, as long as you aim the majority of your shells will hit the enemy tank even from hundreds of meters away. If you have yet to achieve this then you are a brawler who has never bothered aiming at anything not directly in front of you. If you are crying about how things like armour or balance is inconsistent that is what makes this game interesting.

If lets say tomorrow Wargaming gave every tank laser-point accuracy and got rid of all flaws in armour and removed Artillery inaccuracy what would this game become? How would this game become any different from CS-GO or any first person shooter MR VETERAN?

You could memorize the weak points of the enemy tank, take aim and deal damage with no potential of the shell bouncing off, making angling and the entire concept of a shell missing the point you are aiming off of TO BOUNCE off the enemies armour annulled and pointless. It would become a drone fest where everyone just rushes at each other with no hope of ever missing what they are aiming at making armour borderline useless unless someone with twitches was playing the game.

The inaccuracy allows armour to be effective and it also makes the game fun for you AND the enemy because there is a chance that your foe can miss you.

Artillery is also a necessary part of the game because it actually makes light tanks have a purpose. If they spot for their artillery damage that the enemy doesn't see coming is inflicted, benefiting the light AND THE ARTILLERY.

What would ever stop people from just picking tanks with impenetrable turrets, going hull down and laughing as the enemy tanks just bounce/ricochet off of their turret that could only be penned by a Jagdpanzer E-100 and thus lowering the already tiny pool of competitive tanks? Artillery is necessary, inaccuracy is necessary, you have learned nothing about the importance of this game and your arrogance is thicker than lead because of your precious win percentage and you  being a "VETERAN" who has killed thousands of hours into a game to have scores that make them feel happy and proud but in the end are just scores in a game that could be taken away at any moment by a company collapsing or ceasing development.

The only important thing my friend about World of Tanks is to have fun, if you don't have fun, stop playing.

I for one am having fun. Yes, my Win percentage is not the best, yes my amount of games are low. But at least I can enjoy the game for what it is now that I have realized complaining about a game is sodding pointless because it falls on deaf ears.

Good day and goodbye.

UnDeadDemon956 #56 Posted May 16 2017 - 11:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25506 battles
  • [BIBO] BIBO

View PostAranai, on May 16 2017 - 03:02, said:

I am someone who can look at a game, accept it for what it is and if I cannot I leave the game. I left the game back in 2013 after playing a thousand games because I loved League of Legends more and wanted to play that more competitively along with my strategy games. I look at what Wargaming has done recently after following the game all this time and think they are going in the right direction, they just need to correct a few balancing mistakes and edit artillery and light tanks more and this game is fine. Sure we have imbalances, but every game does and the current frequent updates to the game are far better than when Wargaming went silent for a year or two.

If you are not happy with the game, leave it, take a break from it and come back to it in 9 months and see how it has changed. Nothing is wrong with that ideology sir.

As for throwing around "Who are you when you have XXXX games and XXXX winrate" that just shows how arrogant and narcissistic you are and how frankly pathetic of you it is. So? I am a less skilled player, it doesn't take Albert Einstein to look at a problem or a discussion and know what side is wrong or what side is right. The accuracy in this game is not bad at all, as long as you aim the majority of your shells will hit the enemy tank even from hundreds of meters away. If you have yet to achieve this then you are a brawler who has never bothered aiming at anything not directly in front of you. If you are crying about how things like armour or balance is inconsistent that is what makes this game interesting.

If lets say tomorrow Wargaming gave every tank laser-point accuracy and got rid of all flaws in armour and removed Artillery inaccuracy what would this game become? How would this game become any different from CS-GO or any first person shooter MR VETERAN?

You could memorize the weak points of the enemy tank, take aim and deal damage with no potential of the shell bouncing off, making angling and the entire concept of a shell missing the point you are aiming off of TO BOUNCE off the enemies armour annulled and pointless. It would become a drone fest where everyone just rushes at each other with no hope of ever missing what they are aiming at making armour borderline useless unless someone with twitches was playing the game.

The inaccuracy allows armour to be effective and it also makes the game fun for you AND the enemy because there is a chance that your foe can miss you.

Artillery is also a necessary part of the game because it actually makes light tanks have a purpose. If they spot for their artillery damage that the enemy doesn't see coming is inflicted, benefiting the light AND THE ARTILLERY.

What would ever stop people from just picking tanks with impenetrable turrets, going hull down and laughing as the enemy tanks just bounce/ricochet off of their turret that could only be penned by a Jagdpanzer E-100 and thus lowering the already tiny pool of competitive tanks? Artillery is necessary, inaccuracy is necessary, you have learned nothing about the importance of this game and your arrogance is thicker than lead because of your precious win percentage and you  being a "VETERAN" who has killed thousands of hours into a game to have scores that make them feel happy and proud but in the end are just scores in a game that could be taken away at any moment by a company collapsing or ceasing development.

The only important thing my friend about World of Tanks is to have fun, if you don't have fun, stop playing.

I for one am having fun. Yes, my Win percentage is not the best, yes my amount of games are low. But at least I can enjoy the game for what it is now that I have realized complaining about a game is sodding pointless because it falls on deaf ears.

Good day and goodbye.

Didn't read anything of that garbage from mr 46% winrate noob. You know nothing about this game, so little you lose over half the games you play.

Edited by UnDeadDemon956, May 16 2017 - 11:38.

uberdice #57 Posted May 16 2017 - 11:42

Major

• Players
  • 21644 battles

View PostUnDeadDemon956, on May 16 2017 - 16:02, said:

Strictly speaking, RNG is better now than it was in the past, from a gameplay quality perspective.

For a while, it was too random. For a time after that, it was so consistent that inaccurate guns could reliably snipe from 600m. Now it's at a decent point where engagement range matters somewhat while still being more or less consistent.

If you want to pull the stats argument with me, you're welcome to.

TankFullOfBourbon #58 Posted May 16 2017 - 12:45

Major

• Players
  • 19464 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View Postuberdice, on May 16 2017 - 11:42, said:

Strictly speaking, RNG is better now than it was in the past, from a gameplay quality perspective.

Just out of curiosity, what are you basing this statement on - from a gameplay quality perspective? Your own feeling of the gameplay quality or from some hard facts?

uberdice #59 Posted May 16 2017 - 14:21

Major

• Players
  • 21644 battles

View PostTankFullOfBourbon, on May 16 2017 - 21:45, said:

Just out of curiosity, what are you basing this statement on - from a gameplay quality perspective? Your own feeling of the gameplay quality or from some hard facts?

As I said, it's now at a pretty good middle ground between too much randomness (pre-8.6 sigma) and too much consistency (8.6 sigma). The huge accuracy buff that came with the 8.6 shot distribution was one of the factors that made the cancer that was TD meta possible, and I'm glad that it's been rolled back a bit but not to the pre-8.6 level of nonsense. On the other hand, the consistency of penetration and damage rolls that came around that time and has since remained has done a great job of making guns actually feel distinct from each other, whereas before 8.6, you were more likely to see minimum and maximum damage rolls.

dunniteowl #60 Posted May 16 2017 - 14:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15426 battles

Wow.  Some folks have a real hard time interacting.  Maybe they should expect to be treated so poorly with such abysmal coping and interaction skills?

There is a great divide sometimes between a "good" player and a "bad" player, technically speaking.  There is a vast GULF of difference between a Sporting Player and a Good Technical Player.

Some Sporting Players are also Good Technical Players.  In fact, many are.  There are some out there, though, that we would call Good Technical Players who are just crap at being Sporting Players or even Good People in General.  I feel so very badly for them, although they actually bring it upon themselves.

To have an opinion in this game doesn't require one to have a specific WR% or to have to cross a 'bar' of metric performance.  Those players who are Good Technical Players who cannot understand this are the real issue in this game.  There are a few in this thread.  You can usually pick them out pretty easily.  They "out" themselves in almost every sentence of utter disdain, contempt and disrespect for anyone that doesn't "meet their" standards for what constitutes a Good Player.

I do agree with the title's intent, though, "The Worst Thing About This Game is the Inconsistency."  (fixed that typo for ya)

Bad Sports are worse in this case than any other factor.  Bad Sports cannot be counted on to support the team for a win.  Bad Sports cannot be counted on to help you out in a jam. Bad Sports do nothing but complain about how everyone and everything else is 'ruining the game' for them.

I can only offer, at the end of this message, one proper and final thing to say to the OP.

You will not be missed.  If only folks like you left, this game would improve by leaps and bounds.  The last thing we really need in this game is MORE WHINING.  Many of us are enjoying this game and most of us are sorry you are not having a good time and would willingly help you out. (Not just OP, any of you freaking whinging complainers out there are welcome to get assistance)

If you only came onto the forums to ask for help instead of complain.

This community is not the most arrogant and dense I have ever seen.  You should try dealing with D&D fans when it comes to arguing about 'tanks,' meatshields, buffers, classes, spells, chance to hit, expected damage, likelihood of a critical hit, etc.  Those guys would eat most of you complainers here on these forums.  Plus their vocabulary is usually much better.

If you like this game, even with it's warts, then stop complaining and play.  If you can't do that, then just go.  Honestly, there are plenty of folks here who are having a great time, plenty who don't complain and plenty who don't even bother with being upset.  You know why?

Because they haven't forgotten that this is just a game.  Something we do to while away the hours of nothing else more interesting to do right now.  If you're going to complain, find something else that doesn't make you do that.

GL, HF & HSYBF

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users