Jump to content


The HELL with this arty game

The HELL with this arty game

  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

jpcrickett #1 Posted May 13 2017 - 23:59

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 23294 battles
  • 70
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
  • Member since:
    04-23-2012

The HELL with this arty game .

 4 Battles 4 death by arty and NO I AM NOT SITTING STILL ON THE MOVE AMY GET HIT BY ARTY IS BULL [edited]



SexyPotato #2 Posted May 14 2017 - 00:03

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26231 battles
  • 165
  • [_D_] _D_
  • Member since:
    12-01-2013
This tune never gets off of repeat. 

Redwave11 #3 Posted May 14 2017 - 00:09

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 14838 battles
  • 139
  • [LOAD] LOAD
  • Member since:
    07-01-2015
maybe its time to pad your stats down so you dont get focused?

Swoony #4 Posted May 14 2017 - 00:09

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20073 battles
  • 1,740
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013

View Postjpcrickett, on May 13 2017 - 17:59, said:

The HELL with this arty game .

 4 Battles 4 death by arty and NO I AM NOT SITTING STILL ON THE MOVE AMY GET HIT BY ARTY IS BULL [edited]

 

:trollface:

Motok0 #5 Posted May 14 2017 - 00:11

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 9420 battles
  • 2,087
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
  • Member since:
    12-03-2016

Remove artillery.

 

 



n4cer67 #6 Posted May 14 2017 - 00:16

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 14771 battles
  • 1,564
  • [NAAP] NAAP
  • Member since:
    10-18-2010
Don't drive in straight lines. Spg's are a part of war and this game. No different being killed by an Spg or any other clalss, dead is dead.

Edited by n4cer67, May 14 2017 - 00:18.


24cups #7 Posted May 14 2017 - 00:23

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19649 battles
  • 427
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013

View PostRedwave11, on May 13 2017 - 18:09, said:

maybe its time to pad your stats down so you dont get focused?

 

That's not the problem......:facepalm:

UnDeadDemon956 #8 Posted May 14 2017 - 00:36

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25517 battles
  • 248
  • [BIBO] BIBO
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013
Yup arty stun needs to be removed idk how it got past sandbox it's so [edited]retarded. With this new mechanic they can just perma stun you if theres multiple arty in one match and since they just have to hit anywhere in the area to stun the target its impossible to miss.

Edited by UnDeadDemon956, May 14 2017 - 00:38.


Sokolniki #9 Posted May 14 2017 - 01:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 14157 battles
  • 3,072
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostUnDeadDemon956, on May 14 2017 - 00:36, said:

Yup arty stun needs to be removed idk how it got past sandbox it's so [edited]retarded. With this new mechanic they can just perma stun you if theres multiple arty in one match and since they just have to hit anywhere in the area to stun the target its impossible to miss.

 


The NA/EU English portion of the sandbox was pretty mixed about it, but was generally in favor of the stun over one-shots.  I warned of the possible implications that could come from it hitting live on the Sandbox forum, here, WoT Contributor facebooks and on Youtube.  Jingles actually mocked me on one of his videos (Without naming me of course) because he thought I was whining about the changes when I was talking about how I'd instead use SPG's to make life a living hell for LTs and MT's trying to make an aggressive play or active scout now that I wouldn't be able to one shot heavies, or chunk them for half their health.

So you can't blame me for letting this hit live, I tried my best to keep it from hitting live without significant rebalances, but WG and most of the testers were having none of it.

I've always been something of an Arty Enthusiast in this game, but I never wanted to just up and throw balance out the window.  I wanted an SPG rework, but this is not the rework that I wanted, but it's the one that they gave us.

Edited by Sokolniki, May 14 2017 - 01:11.


Motok0 #10 Posted May 14 2017 - 01:14

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 9420 battles
  • 2,087
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
  • Member since:
    12-03-2016

View PostSokolniki, on May 13 2017 - 19:10, said:

 


The NA/EU English portion of the sandbox was pretty mixed about it, but was generally in favor of the stun over one-shots.  I warned of the possible implications that could come from it hitting live on the Sandbox forum, here, WoT Contributor facebooks and on Youtube.  Jingles actually mocked me on one of his videos (Without naming me of course) because he thought I was whining about the changes when I was talking about how I'd instead use SPG's to make life a living hell for LTs and MT's trying to make an aggressive play or active scout now that I wouldn't be able to one shot heavies, or chunk them for half their health.

So you can't blame me for letting this hit live, I tried my best to keep it from hitting live without significant rebalances, but WG and most of the testers were having none of it.

I've always been something of an Arty Enthusiast in this game, but I never wanted to just up and throw balance out the window.  I wanted an SPG rework, but this is not the rework that I wanted, but it's the one that they gave us.

 

the stun needs removal if not entire the entire class 

UnDeadDemon956 #11 Posted May 14 2017 - 01:17

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25517 battles
  • 248
  • [BIBO] BIBO
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013

View PostSokolniki, on May 13 2017 - 19:10, said:

 


The NA/EU English portion of the sandbox was pretty mixed about it, but was generally in favor of the stun over one-shots.  I warned of the possible implications that could come from it hitting live on the Sandbox forum, here, WoT Contributor facebooks and on Youtube.  Jingles actually mocked me on one of his videos (Without naming me of course) because he thought I was whining about the changes when I was talking about how I'd instead use SPG's to make life a living hell for LTs and MT's trying to make an aggressive play or active scout now that I wouldn't be able to one shot heavies, or chunk them for half their health.

So you can't blame me for letting this hit live, I tried my best to keep it from hitting live without significant rebalances, but WG and most of the testers were having none of it.

I've always been something of an Arty Enthusiast in this game, but I never wanted to just up and throw balance out the window.  I wanted an SPG rework, but this is not the rework that I wanted, but it's the one that they gave us.

 

They will either remove the stun mechanic or the game will die out. I know i'm not the only that's fed up with this new mechanic. Now we have to deal with bad rng plus being stunned and having the aiming circle big as [edited], no thanks i'll go find something else to play that doesn't make me want to smash my keyboard.

 

I wasn't around for the testing of the new arty mechanic or i would have bitched alot sooner. I was taking 3 month break from the game because of rng making it so aiming doesnt matter. And then i come back to the game to see it made worse by the lastest "improvements"...


Edited by UnDeadDemon956, May 14 2017 - 01:21.


Sokolniki #12 Posted May 14 2017 - 01:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 14157 battles
  • 3,072
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostUnDeadDemon956, on May 14 2017 - 01:17, said:

 

They will either remove the stun mechanic or the game will die out. I know i'm not the only that's fed up with this new mechanic. Now we have to deal with bad rng plus being stunned and having the aiming circle big as [edited], no thanks i'll go find something else to play that doesn't make me want to smash my keyboard.

 

I wasn't around for the testing of the new arty mechanic or i would have bitched alot sooner. I was taking 3 month break from the game because of rng making it so aiming doesnt matter. And then i come back to the game to see it made worse by the lastest "improvements"...

 

You should have seen the  Accuracy RNG and Penetration reworks that WG wanted to implement... I think a big reason the Stun mechanic didn't get as much criticism as it should have was because the Accuracy/Pen rework was even more cancerous that pre-8.6 SPG was, and so it garnered MUCH more attention than the Arty Rework.  The blowback from that was so heated that the developers looked like they were suffering from PTSD when they posted up their first video after implementing the sandbox.

Edited by Sokolniki, May 14 2017 - 01:26.


Andrewlik #13 Posted May 14 2017 - 01:53

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16964 battles
  • 588
  • [SDL] SDL
  • Member since:
    03-22-2011


Ninja_Jones #14 Posted May 14 2017 - 01:55

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 32283 battles
  • 42
  • [11_TH] 11_TH
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013
Play tier 5 and below, problem solved there aren't many arty's that can still pen anything and most don't have stun damage at 5 and below.  If you're being killed that many times in a row by arty please tell me it was himmelsdorf so we can judge your skills or lack thereof.

Motok0 #15 Posted May 14 2017 - 03:06

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 9420 battles
  • 2,087
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
  • Member since:
    12-03-2016

View PostNinja_Jones, on May 13 2017 - 19:55, said:

Play tier 5 and below, problem solved there aren't many arty's that can still pen anything and most don't have stun damage at 5 and below.  If you're being killed that many times in a row by arty please tell me it was himmelsdorf so we can judge your skills or lack thereof.

 

32000 battles and you say play tier 5 and below to avoid artillery when the LEF is the best tier for tier arty in the game, as is the Sexton.

 

There are multiple tier 5 artys and below that can one shot tier 4 and tier 5 tanks.

 

 



Son_of_the_South #16 Posted May 14 2017 - 11:45

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9415 battles
  • 369
  • [PJ] PJ
  • Member since:
    12-11-2014

View PostNinja_Jones, on May 13 2017 - 19:55, said:

Play tier 5 and below, problem solved there aren't many arty's that can still pen anything and most don't have stun damage at 5 and below.  If you're being killed that many times in a row by arty please tell me it was himmelsdorf so we can judge your skills or lack thereof.

 

​That's a lie. I just got one shotted at tier V by an arty.

Macnasty182 #17 Posted May 14 2017 - 13:17

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 17301 battles
  • 119
  • [56TH] 56TH
  • Member since:
    05-05-2015

View Postjpcrickett, on May 13 2017 - 23:59, said:

The HELL with this arty game .

 4 Battles 4 death by arty and NO I AM NOT SITTING STILL ON THE MOVE AMY GET HIT BY ARTY IS BULL [edited]

 

But Corporal Cricket I have hit many a moving tanks with my arty, there is this thing called timing and leading your shot:) I plan a shot where I think you may go and cut loose:arta:next thing you know no more Corporal Cricket, one less gun in the game and remember Have A Nice Day:D

DVK9 #18 Posted May 14 2017 - 18:26

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21889 battles
  • 346
  • [-TX-] -TX-
  • Member since:
    05-15-2013

View Postjpcrickett, on May 13 2017 - 16:59, said:

The HELL with this arty game .

 4 Battles 4 death by arty and NO I AM NOT SITTING STILL ON THE MOVE AMY GET HIT BY ARTY IS BULL [edited]

 

Did I get lucky and nail you with freak on the fly shots?

God I love when I do those.

Hit an ELC that was goin balls to the wall and spun him around and left him with 2 HP....

 



leeuniverse #19 Posted May 15 2017 - 00:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 27500 battles
  • 6,598
  • [LAMP] LAMP
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013

View Postjpcrickett, on May 13 2017 - 15:59, said:

The HELL with this arty game .

 4 Battles 4 death by arty and NO I AM NOT SITTING STILL ON THE MOVE AMY GET HIT BY ARTY IS BULL [edited]

 

Ya, they really should have massively buffed tank speeds when they increased Arty Accuracy.

n4cer67 #20 Posted May 15 2017 - 01:19

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 14771 battles
  • 1,564
  • [NAAP] NAAP
  • Member since:
    10-18-2010

View Postleeuniverse, on May 14 2017 - 17:29, said:

 

Ya, they really should have massively buffed tank speeds when they increased Arty Accuracy.

 

LOL, umm.....no.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users