XVM Map pointer thingy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

QWERTYEel89 #1 Posted May 14 2017 - 02:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22099 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
So there's a pingy pointy thingy that I seen a friend use and I may have accidentally installed it when I was trying to minimize the amount of XVM crap on it. But I think it comes bundled with other stuff that I don't want. Is there perhaps a command line I can alter just so I can have  that one specific thing or do I have to have it bundled with another immediate map feature of XVM (like the full on XVM minimap.) Any ideas or where it may be is also welcome.

SRQFlyer #2 Posted May 14 2017 - 13:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 59247 battles
You need to have all the underlying framework for it to work, and you have to enable it on the modxvm.com website under settings.  It is called XMPQ.  With XVM, you can turnoff as much of it as you want.  Why dont you find an installer like Aslain, and you can pick and choose what components you want.  Or just edit the .XC files yourself.

QWERTYEel89 #3 Posted May 14 2017 - 16:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22099 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostSRQFlyer, on May 14 2017 - 07:21, said:

You need to have all the underlying framework for it to work, and you have to enable it on the modxvm.com website under settings.  It is called XMPQ.  With XVM, you can turnoff as much of it as you want.  Why dont you find an installer like Aslain, and you can pick and choose what components you want.  Or just edit the .XC files yourself.

I have webium I tweaked it a bit and so far have found a way to run the XVM map without the wierdness and the efficiency of the standard options (names, lines, and circles are a lot clearer.) I will try and apply what you said and see if it has a positive change. One question though, is this component a requirement in order to be seen others who have the same function installed? I think not since I believe I seen it from a clan-mate a while back.

scyorkie #4 Posted May 14 2017 - 17:04

Major

• Players
  • 66059 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

If you are in fact referring to XMQP (this is what it does), the information is only shared between users who have it enabled.

You disable/enable it from the settings menu at modxvm.com -- see mine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users